• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Woylie

May 9, 2018
lol why in the world was this huge announcement complete with a great trailer not in the direct

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was mildly interested in the DLC, thought that it would be just a new char and maybe some new areas. This is just amazing, completely took me by surprise. Day 1.

PaulloDEC

Visited by Knack
Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Dude, WHAT. Out of nowhere!

It looks incredible, and because it's basically the final form of the Hornet DLC, all backers are getting it free.

This fucking rocks.

tenor.gif

It looks amazing! Holy shit! Her movements are awesome!
I need this, right now, in my vains!
PULL MY DEVIL TRIGGER! \(OДO)/

Villa

Oct 28, 2017
YES!!!!! Hollow Knight was incredible. A 10/10 game.

Better than any of the announcements from the Direct! And it was a good direct!

They haven't given any indication of when it's planned for release though have they?

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm actually rather shocked such a megaton announcement wasn't in the Direct, but who cares, the proximity of all these games is madness.

I gotta get around to actually finishing Hollow Knight, what I've played so far I've loved.

Anno

Oct 25, 2017
Columbus, Ohio
Well there's GOTY for whatever year this comes out solved. The $35 or whatever I used to back the HK Kickstarter might be the best gaming value I'll ever see lol

NaDannMaGoGo

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer looks so damn good.

I like how that alone contains more bosses than I've faced in all of Steamworld Dig. And every single one of them is probably designed better, too.

The music, too... Apparently, it'll be even more important and involved with "Silk" and "Song" being the new 2 very important metaphysics or sth? (According to the other Team Cherry video)

Deleted member 50969

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 17, 2018
Mac must have done good if the XBO and PS4 versions are coming out after it. As a person that doesn't have a Mac, I'm impressed.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Can I be the downer? I loved hollow knight but there was too much of it. It took me about 40 hours if I remember correctly and I gotta day the last 10 or more I felt like it had overstayed it's welcome. Metroidvanias should be 10-20 hours ideally, 30 I guess is about max.

The best game in the genre is still super Metroid and that's like 10 hours first time through.

I'll probably play this since I'm down for another dose of hollow knight in a year or two, but I hope it's not just more more more but instead a bit less sprawling and more... i don't want to say "focused" but I'm not sure what the right word is at the present time.
Fuck, this looks like what Spectre of Torment did to Shovel Knight - make it more agile, faster paced, and even better.
Yeah I understand you, even if I myself enjoyed it until the very end. I think it may be because the main upgrades are not spaced regularly through the game. I may be wrong, but I remember that there was a first part of the game where I felt like I wasn´t getting any upgrades, then a second part where I got all of them in a rush and then a long stretch ´till the end where I didn´t get anything worthy. This may have the effect of making that last stretch less interesting, specially if you don´t enjoy much the combat system and hard challenges. Still, I loved exploring the world, finding new areas, challenges and boss fights right until the end.

Akai

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap. They turned it into a sequel? O.o

I'll probably have to double dip again and I'll do that gladly.

ryechu

Oct 25, 2017
That trailer looks so damn good.

I like how that alone contains more bosses than I've faced in all of Steamworld Dig. And every single one of them is probably designed better, too.

The music, too... Apparently, it'll be even more important and involved with "Silk" and "Song" being the new 2 very important metaphysics or sth? (According to the other Team Cherry video)

The NPCs seem to prefer needles as weapons over nails; many others have staffs with bells attached; Hornet was playing music using her needle and string like stringed instrument, and I'm sure songs will be used as keys to open doors. The main theme on the website heavily features the harp.

wondermagenta

Oct 27, 2017
Cologne
I'm down for this, though I'm kinda worried Team Cherry will just become "the Hollow Knight guys." Wish they'd do a completely new IP instead (though I realize that's difficult). I have similar feelings about Yacht Club who've just been making Shovel Knight DLC for the last five years (which I appreciate but, y'know...)

Nosgoth

Oct 28, 2017
Please please make a physical collector's edition this time. Even if they only make one for switch, I'll buy the CE on switch and double dip on steam.

Revolsin

Usage of alt-account.
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Wow, looks like a Shovel Knight to Specter Knight level shift in how the character controls. Kinda excited for this now

edwardvh

Dec 11, 2018
Amazing. The trailer is so fucking great on selling the game.

Love the acrobatic stuff, will make this game feel like a Kamiya-metroidvania game in 2D.

Zyrox

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
A SEQUEL?!? Holy fucking moly I didn't expect that. In day 1, Hollow Knight was great.

FreezePeach

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is that music original? I think im more surprised by how good that trailer made the game look more than them announcing a new game. That trailer was really good.

Busaiku

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Bleh, still haven't gotten to Hollow Knight cause of the physical roller coaster.
Will hold on a few more months.

NotLiquid

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Because Hollow Knight is bigger than just the Switch and Nintendo audience. It's going to make massive waves no matter what, so may as well give it its own spotlight.
I only say I'm shocked because Nintendo made a big deal out of marketing Hollow Knight on Switch and it's consistently been charting at eShop since it's E3 launch. It's no coincidence that they're focusing on Switch as the launch platform, it's been a massive hit on there. Again, not that it matters that much, there's probably a bunch of reasons as to why it wasn't shown there instead.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia
A full blown sequel? These absolute madmen.

I'm genuinely sad about it not coming to every platform simultenously, partly because my friend might just confiscate my console for a while and I'm only half-joking about that fear.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
I wonder if the final boss will be
The Shade Lord, the giant void thing the Knight turns into that eats The Absolute Radiance whole
Would also be OK with just a completely new lore that only has references to Hallownest though.

Wintermute

Oct 27, 2017
Looks great albeit no graphical update I expect from a sequel, day 1 it drops on PS4

HK's aesthetic seems so separate from any kind of gaming graphics race im not sure how exactly it would update it. i think what we'll see is more beautiful character design/animation, along with more gorgeous set design and backdrops. for me one of the most entrancing things about HK was the sense of depth that was created by the sumptious multi-layered backgrounds that scrolled past in parallax as you made your way through the world.

FreddeGredde

Oct 27, 2017
Yaaay, I didn't expect to get so excited! Hopefully they've tried to fix the criticism of the first game (too monotonous environments, a way to know what/where there's still stuff you haven't collected towards the end), but it looks great so far!

When is the release!?

Blindy

Nov 16, 2017
That looks really cool. Hornet was a nice character altogether so more of her is a good thing.

What is the reason behind the XB1 and PS4 versions not being available day one? That one doesn't make too much sense? Hollow Knight had a head start on NSW is it a paid timed exclusive for Nintendo or it is easier to code the game for?