• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Man I didn't expect a full sequel.....hype.

This and Bloodstained for 2019 would be massive.
Guess it didn't sell well on PS4/XB1 - but Nintendo Switch so who cares?!?! Day one!
No, Switch was always going to be the focus regardless of the other console sales. The teams resources are limited and finishing it on Switch and porting it to other systems later makes more sense.

But yeah the Switch version prob. outsold the other console version by a lot.....which shouldn't be a surprise.

TheGummyBear

Jan 6, 2018
United Kingdom
Holy fuck nuggets, just give me it now!

3ef4ef1ef93a526874098c456eb5f9ec5756dde2.gif

Kemono

▲ Legend ▲
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Fuck yeah.

Day 1. I love Hollow Knight so much.

Hopefully Christopher Larkin is still the composer as his music was a big part of why i loved the first so much.

RedShift

Oct 27, 2017
In the dev video it sounds like PS/Xbox versions aren't out of the question, they're just looking for help to make it happen because Desktop + Switch is more than enough for 3 people to handle.

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
HOLY SHIT. That trailer had a lot for a "surprise" game announcement so soon after the first game was wrapped up. Hornet looks so fun to play and the way you enemy step looks so much better.

It's a shame about PS4. I guess I will have to play it on my shitty laptop because I doubt I'll be able to wait.

MZZ

Nov 2, 2017
Wow, Hornet is really cool!

Maybe I'll finish up hollow knight now. It's been kicking my ass when I left it.

Egida

Oct 27, 2017
I'm dreaming now witch a retail release containing HK and Silksong (what a beatiful title).

Sedated

Apr 13, 2018
Looks good. Im liking her movement and combat. I was sooooo not a fan of the first game's combat like it was boring af to me so this looks right up my alley. Ill get it as long as there's no epic store exclusive bs.

Kain-Nosgoth

Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
FUCKING WHAT!

Come on release a retail version already! I already have it on PC and having it retail would make me buy it on switch immediatly!

Damn can't wait, it looks so freaking good

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I've nearly finished the first game on Xbox. Was hoping for a simultaneous release but I guess now I can take my time.

Any word from Team Cherry about official lore and art books?

Vern

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I was fine with the length but for me it's the areas themselves, beside City of Tears, that didn't really stuck with me. It's a great game and i'm still astounded at the amount of content it has for it's price (and i didn't do anything beside the base game) but I guess I just expected to enjoy it way more considering how much people love the game here on ERA.

Me too just the base game. I think you have a point about the areas, probably I'd have been more fine with the length if there was a bit more visual variety. I still really loved the game, just if it ended at 20 hours it would have been goty for me.

It's a fine opinion to have but as someone who enjoyed every second of Hollow Knight and beat it 100%... No, I don't want to play it less. The feeling of initially endless exploration was one of my fav parts personally.

I agree with the second part for sure. Probably best gaming memory with the switch was buying this game right before a 13 hour flight and playing it nonstop the entire time. Fastest intercontinental flight I've ever had and I was enraptured. The feeling just wore off as I got a lot farther in.

Rimkrak

Oct 26, 2017
Holy shit I wasn't expecting all that :)

They didn't even mention a year of release? Watching the trailer the game seems in a pretty advanced state.

So this is gonna be a brand new game, like I will have a different icon on the Switch menu?

dosh

Oct 25, 2017
WHEN.

Also, incredible that they give it for free to all KS backers. Team Cherry really is a treasure.

Marin-Lune

Oct 27, 2017
Ho
Ly
Shit!

I was thinking to myself while watching that trailer on the other thread that this thing was actually looking more like a full-on game.
So hyped!!! What a day today.

Bardoon

May 27, 2018
England
People at Team Cherry doing such a good job.

I love that Hornet seems way more acrobatic and aerial than the Knight, will give her a totally different feel.

TheTruth

Jul 23, 2018
Got watery eyed once and goosebumps twice watching this trailer. Man, I'm so waiting for a physical release for Hollow Knight.