• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Rodney McKay

Oct 26, 2017
Just Marvel's Avengers that I picked up on Black Friday. Trying to keep my spending to a minimum this year.

Game is actually really good, but I definitely wouldn't have paid full price for it with how buggy it was (seems a lot better now).
Already has a new free character and new story content and now I'm just having fun leveling up all the characters.

Deleted member 59

I bought a house via mortgage and moved in on the 18th December so that really feels like a Christmas present to myself :)

Ended up getting cash and vouchers so i can buy stuff i need for the place, mostly things for furnishing the place.

No gaming stuff but i think I'll use some of the cash to buy Immortals Fenyx Rising on Xbox in the sale.

Aug 30, 2020
$50 Amazon gift card, and otherwise it's gifts for my whole family, like some nice chocolates, Codenames Duet for all of us, etc.

We got our daughter a full MLP set, and some extras, 6 LOLs, a modelling clay set, coloring & activity books, a polly pocket set, various comfortable clothes, and more. She's been playing non-stop for 5 hours so far.

I don't think I will even buy myself anything, there's not really anything I want.

I got over $3500 in bonuses from work this month so I ain't mad.

Last edited:

Hailinel

Shamed a mod for a tag
Oct 27, 2017
I got Yakuza: Like a Dragon, the Japanese version of the Super Mario Bros. Game & Watch (the only real difference that I can tell, other than the packaging, is that it has the Japanese Super Mario Bros. 2 under it's original name instead of the Lost Levels), and the D&D rulebook Tasha's Cauldron of Everything. Not a bad haul at all!

EqGURkhVgAAjO6S

Stencil

Oct 30, 2017
USA
I got a jigglypuff amiibo, a jigglypuff trading card from the jungle set, jigglypuff socks, and a jigglypuff hat. Which doesnt fit :( still cool tho
dCMbda8.png

Deleted member 3017

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lots of gift cards
Wife promised me a PS5 and 2 games as soon as I can find one

So I'm happy. I battled Covid all this month, so I'm ready to move on from 2020.

OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Christmas was pretty light for me this year, which is fine, as I didn't really want anything. My wife got me a couple of t-shirts and my mom sent us a $125 Wal-Mart gift card.

What made my Christmas was seeing my son when he got his present from me (a Switch Lite with Age of Calamity)

That video brought me to tears when my ex sent it to me.

Made me tear up also! That look was priceless. Thanks for sharing!

eddiemunstr

Jan 20, 2019
I know how it feels to lose a family member at Christmas time. A few years ago (been a while), my grandma passed away around christmas time. It was going to be her last christmas as she had cancer; well, that didn't work out and she passed away a couple of days before christmas. That was a tough christmas; however, as a family, we got through it and she'll always be in our hearts, especially at Christmas.
I'm sorry to hear you had a similar situation as well, but yeah we will get through it. Thats why even though we dont really have anything present wise for christmas this year I'm glad I at least got out of the hospital in time to spend the day with my family.

Oct 27, 2017
useful.
I'm sorry to hear you had a similar situation as well, but yeah we will get through it. Thats why even though we dont really have anything present wise for christmas this year I'm glad I at least got out of the hospital in time to spend the day with my family.
The way this year has gone, spending the day with your family is better than any gift IMO.

MercuryLS

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
PS5
Charging dock
Extra controller
Sonos Beam
Samsung T5 SSD
Hyperx cloud flight alpha s headphones
Some games

Thank god for selling stuff and pc optimum points.

RecRoulette

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I bought myself an Astro City Mini and I got a PSN gift card which I used to buy Ketsui on PSN. Pretty rad game.

Mecha

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Honduras
Christmas was pretty light for me this year, which is fine, as I didn't really want anything. My wife got me a couple of t-shirts and my mom sent us a $125 Wal-Mart gift card.

What made my Christmas was seeing my son when he got his present from me (a Switch Lite with Age of Calamity)

That video brought me to tears when my ex sent it to me.

Kids are amazing. Great gift btw.

reKon

Oct 25, 2017
I gave my sister and brother in law an Amazon fire TV cube and Roborock Vacuum. Excited for them to play around with it.

Love getting things I know people will use a lot.

aerie

wonky
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
A very nice pair of jeans and a copy of Watch Dogs Legion, which I am really enjoying so far (digital copy, so no pics, sorry).

I'll be getting a PS5 with a few games as part of a Christmas present, just have to actually be able to buy one.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
ÂŁ35 amazon gift card
Extended Mouse pad
Yakuza Collection
Mindhunter book
Money & random food/drink stuff

Mik3F

Oct 28, 2017
Gaming wise I got the following

SteelSeries Artic Wireless Headset for the PS5
Venom Single Charger Dock for the PS5
ÂŁ70 PSN Credit, which I bought Sackboy with
ÂŁ60 Cash, which I ordered a second dualsense controller with

Arta

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friends don't give me gaming gifts since I'm all digital.

C47-B7-AF7-18-C5-4229-8-B7-F-686-DD44-F8-F25.jpg

0-F47-BFBC-11-A3-4702-B75-D-DD6-B19145-F7-F.jpg

Gave these video games and board games to a friend of mine and his brother's family. They each have three kids so that should be good for them should we enter lockdown again.

Thank goodness for Target's Black Friday B2G1F and their refund policy.

Ryutaryi

Oct 25, 2017
I got some slippers, a jacket, some peppermint chocolate, and a bit of spending money this year. Nothing extravagant like a lot of posts here, but it was still very nice

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Made me tear up also! That look was priceless. Thanks for sharing!

He had no clue. What's funny is my parents had bought him a copy of Minecraft for it and he opened it for his birthday (was supposed be for Christmas) to be a earlier this week (his birthday is Dec 20th) and didn't put two and two together.

Blackie

Oct 25, 2017
Wherever
I got cash and a PS5 controller! I don't have a PS5 but am more than happy to make this my main pc controller. Very happy :D

Oct 28, 2017
Picked up a PS5 a few days ago for myself and just now playing with it.
My wife got me a 20mm 1.8 Nikkor Z lens. An oem sunshade for my new car, along with an ///M license plate frame. I'm happy.

Lueken

Dec 15, 2017
I asked for a PS5 knowing it would not happen based on its availability. My wife told me she was unable to find one, and we both agreed to search in 2021. No big deal there, and I am happy she did not go the scalping route.

I did get an air fryer, which I will use often. Plus my sock drawer was thankfully replenished because I was running out of socks without holes.

More importantly, my daughter loved her room redesign. New bed, painted walls, little desk, and a chair. First Christmas where she didn't get a doll or stuff animal. She's getting old, hahaha.

hydruxo

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Immortals Fenyx Rising (PS5)
Final Fantasy VII Remake
Link's Awakening Remake
Fire Emblem: Three Houses
Tenet and 1917 (4k blu-rays)

Lots of stuff to play!

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Only thing i got were AirPod Pros. The times I'd get games for christmas are mostly over as i'll just buy whatever i want.

Kurumi

Oct 26, 2017
Finally got a LG CX. Had a big smile on my face when I got that. Can't wait to see how good it looks while playing on my PC and PS5. Unfortunately I won't be able to set it up and try it out until I move into a new house which will be soon.

I also got Hyrule Warriors: Age of Calamity.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
I got some awesome stuff this year which I'm very grateful for. My parents paid for a PS5 as a joint birthday/christmas gift this year and I got these goodies today from family and friends!:

Goodies.jpg

hanmik

Editor/Writer at Popaco.dk
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Got myself a Dualsense and the charger .. BUT 2020 has been fucked up for me. Got diagnosed with a super rare disease called IgG4 disease. A blood disease that is attacking my organs.. lungs, testicles etc. I am on strong meds to fight this shit, but it is so rare that no-one knows whether it will help or not..
I was planning to get myself a PlayStation 5, but somehow life fucked me again. No PS5 here for another couple of weeks/months..

But at least I have the Dualsense to hold and pretend to play on a ps5.. lol

Fuck 2020..

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
I got some PSN cash that I used to grab Ghost of Tsushima, and used some Christmas money to grab FF13 on steam for games. My SO + my secret santa got me some fun gaming merch from Etsy I adore...Flayn is my fav FE3H character, and I've been stickering our PC (avoiding the vents ofc). The pins are super cute as well, can't wait to add them to my lil' con bag.
EqHjIBHVoAAUk_o

But, for me, the most exciting thing is what I got someone else. My SO loves Vergil from Devil May Cry and has spent the last few months joking about that terribly expensive Vergil jacket Capcom was selling. So, I decided to get him a substantially less expensive version of DMC5's Vergil's jacket. He loved it so much he made a joke christmas card with it to send to our friends.

EqGlmImU0AAVGgS

(i ofc got his ok b4 I shared haha)

Last edited:

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
No games actually even though they where the only things on the list.
Got a $100 VISA GC, $50 Barnes n Noble GC, $100 cash, 12inch Dewalt battery chainsaw, 6 quart Emril Air Fryer, UV phone sanitizer, safety glasses for chainsaw use, new designer face masks, two under cabinet lighting kits with rechargeable battery and remotes, socks and a knee therapy compression gel band. Also a 20,000mah car battery starter/charging station/tire inflation device.

Gamer4life

Dec 6, 2017
Got myself a Dualsense and the charger .. BUT 2020 has been fucked up for me. Got diagnosed with a super rare disease called IgG4 disease. A blood disease that is attacking my organs.. lungs, testicles etc. I am on strong meds to fight this shit, but it is so rare that no-one knows whether it will help or not..
I was planning to get myself a PlayStation 5, but somehow life fucked me again. No PS5 here for another couple of weeks/months..

But at least I have the Dualsense to hold and pretend to play on a ps5.. lol

Fuck 2020..
I hope whatever they try works for you!!