• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
Happy Holidays to all!!

If you want, share with everyone what gaming goodies (or any goodies really) that you have received! Also if you gave anyone else gifts, reactions, ect!

OP
OP
Judge

Judge

Vault-Tec Seal of Approval
Oct 25, 2017
For me, I grabbed myself a Record Player to finally play the video game Vinyl collection I have amassed over the past couple years. Before that I was basically just staring at the artwork...

Bought myself Immortals: Fenyx Rising on XSX since Gold edition was on sale and I had $50 in credit that was expiring in January

Lastly, I caved and grabbed myself the expansion drive for XSX. Ya, it is a bit expensive for what it is, but my HDD is getting full and I know it will fill up as the gen goes on.

Edit: Oh shoot! Almost forgot I bought myself Pokémon Sword and the expansion pass to play on Switch when I go in for a procedure on Monday.

Got my brother some Playstation gift cards and a nice IPA sampler pack

Last edited:

Finale Fireworker

Love each other or die trying.
Oct 25, 2017
United States
I got this bad b*tch.
2f68c098-ad39-4fca-94ijxp.jpeg

BasilZero

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Omni
Too many games to list.

Way too many clothes

A ton of electronics (including a Switch)

This year was great and very pricey....

Gengahrrr

Oct 25, 2017
PS5

Demon Souls

Spider-Man Miles Morales

Gundam Universe Wing Zero Custom, Tallgeese, and God Gundam

Poster Art of the Disney Parks

scitek

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to spend Xmas alone due to the pandemic, but I recently got a new job and a nice payout from not using any PTO all year long at my last job, so I splurged and got an Xbox Series X, and a new 65" Vizio Quantum X TV. The lack of input lag alone has been worth the price, IMO. Having what's effectively a 65-inch VRR PC monitor is nuts.

I also got a new computer desk and rearranged my office so I can stream on Twitch/YouTube, which I'm looking forward to starting later today!

Oct 27, 2017
Just getting Valhalla for the PS5 for myself. Wrapped up Demon's Souls shortly after it's launch and just finished Miles Morales this morning.

My 12 year old was jumping off the walls about his Series X.

SpottieO

Oct 25, 2017
I got an XSX, Valhalla and Gamepass. My wife let me open it a week early though when we got it in the mail lol.

In Amber Clad

rather sultry
Aug 26, 2018
London
Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays, all. I hope everyone is having the best time they can, given the circumstances.

I'm feeling a bit spoiled this year.

I got a bunch of hardback game books from family:
The Art of Jedi: Fallen Order (limited ed with a slipcase and art print)
The Art of Dishonoured 2
Gears of War Retrospective
BioWare: Stories and Secrets

Now to find space for them on my shelf that is already full of similar books.

From friends, I received:
Mario Odyssey from one friend
Control Ultimate Ed and Resident Evil 3R from another
Star Wars Squadrons from another
Gears 5 and Resident Evil 5 from a couple

All of those were on my Amazon wishlist, so I just gave them a link. Two of them I bought games for, and for one I bought the World of Thedas II book (he already has book I), and for the couple I got them displates (this one and this one). Those three haven't opened their gifts yet, so I'm waiting on reactions, especially on the displates, I was almost tempted to keep them for myself :p

Also, my Data Discs Shenmue II vinyl turned up yesterday, so I guess I can call that a Christmas present to myself!

Camp1nCarl

Oct 25, 2017
Happy Holidays all!

Got an automatic grind & brew coffee maker and some gift cards 👍 I've already picked up an XSX and PS5 for myself at launch with a bunch of games so I didn't request or need anything game related.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
I decided to spend Xmas alone due to the pandemic, but I recently got a new job and a nice payout from not using any PTO all year long at my last job, so I splurged and got an Xbox Series X, and a new 65" Vizio Quantum X TV. The lack of input lag alone has been worth the price, IMO. Having what's effectively a 65-inch VRR PC monitor is nuts.

I also got a new computer desk and rearranged my office so I can stream on Twitch/YouTube, which I'm looking forward to starting later today!
That's awesome!!

PS5
Series X for me!

I'm going through a divorce so lawyer fees are killing me.

Oct 27, 2017
Merry Christmas & Happy Holidays.

just a 50.00 xbox card, gaming wise. Debating if I should pick up Madden 21 Holiday Edition for 40 bucks or something else.

ngower

Nov 20, 2017
My mom got me a gift card for a pottery joint I like (East Fork) and some friends mailed me coffee/tea and cat toys for my recently carcinogenic cat. So I pretty much opened what I got already.

In a way I went ham on myself for Black Friday/holiday sales the last few weeks as my own Christmas. Got FF7R, Yakuza 7, 13 Sentinels, Tsushima, Tony Hawk, and am actively looking at headphones (been through a few sets so far I'm not impressed with).

This Christmas feels much different than usual and I'm not sure if it's just getting older or the pandemic.

Jombie

Oct 27, 2017
A book from a friend, and my wife got me the Criterion Godzilla Showa collection. I bought too much shit this year to really ask for much.

Djalminha

Alt-Account
Banned
Sep 22, 2020
My father in law got me a super cool set of woodworking tools. I got Luigi's Mansion 3 from my wife and a few smaller things.

Tab

Nov 23, 2017
I got Ghost of Tsushima and 13 Sentinels. That's all I got that was gaming related.

BFIB

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't get anything, but I got more than enough through the year. Built a new PC, got a new truck, and a PS5 last month.

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
I already got a PS5 and XSX and some games so my actual Christmas day haul was light, of course.

-Amazon and Best Buy gift cards (got CP2077 so far with them)
-ladder style bookshelf

Got my wife

-iPad 8th gen 128gb
-apple smart keyboard
-Nirvana Unplugged vinyl
-Bob Marley Legend vinyl

Carnby

Oct 25, 2017
Nothing for myself. But my son got his own PS5 and he was very happy to get it. So that was better than getting a gift for myself, I think.

Lexad

Nov 4, 2017
Mine was a lot of kitchen related stuff because I am going from 7 years with roommates to being on my own. Stuff like a key rig, waffle iron, hand blender, food processor, etc.

Got a few items from Nambe, a Santa Fe design company that use metal and wood to create really nice home decor items

We built a new home this year, bought a 75 inch 4k TV and a ps5, therefore I didn't buy anything for myself this holiday season, however I bought everything that my kids wanted:
0nja53.jpg

Merry Christmas and Happy New Years. Cheers!!!

Last edited:

Galaxea

Oct 25, 2017
Orlando, FL
My wife bought me the backbone one controller for my phone, which is more than enough since I spent too much on things this year and my four year olds presents were more important.

Faith

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
UK
I got Assassin's Creed Valhalla PS5, Streets of Rage 4 PS4, a new coat and some credit for storefronts that I ummmm don't really have any current investment into so I'll probably look to trade it for something I'd rather have/gift it away.

Suedemaker

Linked the Fire
Jun 4, 2019
I'll have to post again once I know everything I got (possible gifts from my brother and stuff from my parents when I go over there later), but my mom dropped some things at my house while I was at work yesterday:

Bag of jalapeno pistachios....which my dogs opened and ate for me. Thanks guys! lol
Toys for my dogs
Days Gone - opened it yesterday because the disc was sliding around in the case so I just HAD to fix it
Probably Ghost of Tsushima
Couple of $ checks from Grandparents
Winter gloves
Plastic bag full of candy

From my bosses since I technically have two:
Schrute Farms t-shirt
Michael Scott in a straight jacket Funko Pop (my 9th Pop figure...I like certain ones okay? lol)
Bag of Blk & Bold coffee
Yeti 10oz chonky boi. Don't remember what it's actually called but is a short stubby Yeti thermos
$10 Target gift card
Bag 'o snacks - Dunkin iced coffee, Reese's Pieces and Oreos

Pretty solid so far for being 32 years old, haha. It's the simple things.

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Nothing too exciting, R5 3600, RTX 2060, and I found a great deal for a 32" 1440p monitor at Office Max.

Not quite the upgrade the 3000 series brings, but my last PC was built in 2011 so it was big for me.
I wonder what the performance of the 2060 is honestly. Do you like it? You sound a little unhappy

linkboy

Oct 26, 2017
Reno
Christmas was pretty light for me this year, which is fine, as I didn't really want anything. My wife got me a couple of t-shirts and my mom sent us a $125 Wal-Mart gift card.

What made my Christmas was seeing my son when he got his present from me (a Switch Lite with Age of Calamity)

That video brought me to tears when my ex sent it to me.

Piston

Oct 25, 2017
For gaming:

- Divinity: Original Sin (Steam, gifted as part of a Secret Santa)
- 13 Sentinals (PS4, gifted from family member as requested)
- 35th Anniversary Game & Watch Mini (surprise)

Deleted member 56752

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
May 15, 2019
Christmas was pretty light for me this year, which is fine, as I didn't really want anything. My wife got me a couple of t-shirts and my mom sent us a $125 Wal-Mart gift card.

What made my Christmas was seeing my son when he got his present from me (a Switch Lite with Age of Calamity)

I got my brother a team signed Clemson helmet a year where they eventually went on to win the national championship. He was speechless. Was the best moment of my life

Piston

Oct 25, 2017

Awwww, that was great. Thanks for sharing!

Mandos

Nov 27, 2017
Small haul this year
image0.jpg

I can now really play my bass... not that I'll be able to really mess with people till covids over.... and I uh either need to take it in for a proper fix up or get a better one, string nut, and possibly the volume and tuner knob all need fixing XD
bought myself burnout revenge on xbone for nostaglia reasons, also some anime Blu-ray on sale(but some are on back order, so may take a month or two to arrive), namely G Gundam, original Gundam series, Patlabor special and The Big Zero. May buy myself a lego crocodile locomotive when it goes back in stock

Oct 29, 2017

That's fricking awesome, thanks for sharing!

HockeyBird

Oct 27, 2017
I got Yakuza: Like a Dragon, Paper Mario: The Origami king, some ktichen supplies, and most importantly, an electric back massager.