• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

so1337

Oct 28, 2017
Accurate video title. Holy fucking shit.

Seems like that one lady is okay with her black friends getting murdered.

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Why am I not surprised that the only respectable human being in this video (aside from the recorder) was wearing a science shirt? Everyone else looked like your typical white trash fragile types who can't fathom something in America not directly benefiting them in some way. A truly excellent example of privileged people viewing equality as oppression and then allowing politicians to exploit said prejudices while entrenching the corporations that keep them poor and uneducated.

If anything, this video is like a condensed version of the post-war period in America.

Jag

Oct 26, 2017
Are we allowed to use tactical nukes on a small town? Asking for a friend.

Sybil

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's up with all those comments going "dude you're white" like... what is basic empathy

Garlador

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
There will always be those who hate others based on the color of their skin....

... But as much as this video angered and disappointed me, it helps me realize that these people are so upset because their beliefs and way of life is dying. They're holding out as long as they can, but time and progress will leave them in the dustbin of history.

prophetvx

Nov 28, 2017
White nationalists are plentiful and organized in this town - Harrison, AR. The people going there to demonstrate for BLM know that they're placing themselves in danger.
Obviously, it's just terrifying to actually see what it's like. As a non-American I couldn't fathom this around anywhere I've ever lived, that's not to say that it isn't serious or doesn't exist outside of the US but it truly appears to be on another level in some parts of the country there.

Deleted member 4532

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why am I not surprised that the only respectable human being in this video (aside from the recorder) was wearing a science shirt? Everyone else looked like your typical white trash fragile types who can't fathom something in America not directly benefiting them in some way. A truly excellent example of privileged people viewing equality as oppression and then allowing politicians to exploit said prejudices while entrenching the corporations that keep them poor and uneducated.

If anything, this video is like a condensed version of the post-war period in America.
Pretty much everything here.

maximumzero

Oct 25, 2017
New Orleans, LA
Wow, I've never seen anything like that before. I can't believe that level of vitriol and open racism still exists to that level.

I'm sorry for anyone who would have to live or go through that. It's downright terrifying.

In the southern United States racists are surrounded by so many like-minded individuals that there's absolutely no reason for them to hide their true feelings and beliefs because they won't face any repercussions for them.

Damn, 75.9% of the county voted for Trump in 2016.

Surprised it isn't higher.

Version 3.0

Oct 27, 2017
I sort of get the "all lives matter" people. That's just the sort of simplistic argument that sounds true (if you lack any critical thinking skills) that the GOP thrives on. Like "abortion is murder" or "good guy with a gun".

But damn at all the out-in-the-open racism, hostility, and threats. How depressing.

But at least we outnumber these nimrods. They can simmer in their own fictitious persecution forever, even as their lives improve, if enough people vote.

LegendofJoe

Oct 28, 2017
Arkansas, USA
Obviously, it's just terrifying to actually see what it's like. As a non-American I couldn't fathom this around anywhere I've ever lived, that's not to say that it isn't serious or doesn't exist outside of the US but it truly appears to be on another level in some parts of the country there.

It doesn't make things much better, but it's important to consider that the town in this video (Harrison, Arkansas) is literally one of the most dangerous places in America for PoC. White nationalists own and control that town.

AznMan37

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Holy shit. My fiancée and I were there a couple of days ago. She's Filipino and I'm half Korean. She felt uncomfortable the whole time there. I didn't realize it was that bad though. Shit

Oct 25, 2017
Tom_Cotton_official_Senate_photo.jpg

Only a two hour drive away from his farm...

Barrel Cannon

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That Walmart employee telling him to leave oof. At least there is that light at the end of the tunnel in the ending

thepenguin55

Oct 28, 2017
It reminds me... I live in a suburban area of Ohio and going in any direction will take me to some very country areas. Needless to say, I live near a lot of Trump voters and Blue Lives Matters folks. I was just really into this one house I found that's on a busy street, directly across the street from a church, and they had a Biden sign+homemade End Racism sign+a homemade BLM sign in their front yard and it ruled to see. Kudos to anyone willing to do even just that in the middle of an actively hateful community.

T002 Tyrant

Nov 8, 2018
No, this will not disappear when Trump's gone.

No, this did not start with Trump.

Of course not but Trump almost gave these people licence to be so public and proud about it. Which has made things worse, it's gone from hiding behind a KKK hood to having swastikas on facemasks, and racist, homophobic and transphobic attacks have risen dramatically to the point where even the cops have increased their racist attacks because they have their president to back them up. It's going to take decades to reverse the damage. Sure it's always been there but it's definitely got worse with Trump.

Kuro

Oct 25, 2017
I would hear stuff like this in parts of Florida as a kid all the time so I never forgot what that was like despite moving to a much more liberal area in my teens.

They should have blurred that kid's face tbh with the kind of people in that town.