• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

painey

Oct 27, 2017
Interesting that it looked like not a single character was based on the movies, ala The Avengers. Exploring a generic Hogwarts seems to miss a lot of the charm.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
Genuine question to the mods:
Can I say I'm hyped for the game or should I say nothing to respect the minorites on the forum?
Honestly I feel like about this game, if I still intended to buy it, I'd just keep my opinion to myself considering how many trans folks we have and it's clear there is strong feelings about it here.

That said, of course you can say you still want to buy the game but don't be surprised if somebody chooses to comment on it.

Nacho

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
It's truly too bad that JK is soiling her one great acheivement by being such a shithead. THis is a game i'd technically have been looking forward to since my early teens when i first read harry potter (as all games before this were shitty low budget crap), but definitely won't be touching this. Sorry for the devs who seem to have put a lot of care into this world.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Fuck JK Rowling

Games like this are why I'm glad physical isn't going away anytime soon. Would hate to buy this new or on a digital store front where she sees any of my money.

Nov 23, 2017
I will say this in every HP thread where it is allowable:

If the creator of an IP came flat out and said something like "I don't like <derogatory term for Black people> or straight up said , "I hate <insert derogatory term for LGBT people>"
there wouldn't be nearly as many " HYPE!"/ " DAY 1" / " The devs!" posts.

And I'd wager anything on it . Trans folk always at the low end of the social justice totem pole
100%. Speak on it!!!!!

NiallGGlynn

Apr 16, 2019
Ironically this was the most impressive looking game to me in the showcase and I will never buy it. I hate Rowling too much.

devVega

Oct 28, 2017
福島県
It looked super awesome! Definitely getting a copy at release! I can tell the devs put a lot of passion in making a vibrant world

minimalism

Jan 9, 2018
Shit yeah, always hyped for a good looking Harry Potter game! If it ends up actually being good then it's a no-brainer Day 1 purchase for me

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I can't support JK tbh. As good as this looks. I'll maybe buy it used some time far in the future.

Leandras

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Poor devs but Rowling's transphobia's been public for a while now. Not funding her hateful platform

aiswyda

Aug 11, 2018
Looks fun but that nasty terf doesn't get any of my money so I'll pick it up used at most

The Masked Mufti

The Wise Ones
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Scotland
A quick reminder for those of us who can "separate the art from the artist":

The Harry Potter universe is filled with discrimination to the point where even the good guys discriminate. Hermione, the only person advocating to end slavery, is mocked at by most people she comes across, including the good guys. There's plenty more, you can do your research, but your precious "art" is problematic too.

dyelawn91

Jan 16, 2018
This game could be the second coming of Ocarina of Time and I still wouldn't buy it.
Support trans folks in your speech, in your actions, and with your wallet.

Deleted member 42055

User requested account closure
Banned
Apr 12, 2018
Fuck JK Rowling

Games like this are why I'm glad physical isn't going away anytime soon. Would hate to buy this new or on a digital store front where she sees any of my money.

Exactly this and why I go so hard on this topic. No one is saying you cant experience your dream game, all
some people are saying is do you really want to give more money to someone who actively shits on a very marginalized group in our society? If you don't want to do that you can wait just a little bit and get the game used. The selfishness to " DAYYY 1" is just , it's so so disappointing

Deleted member 2279

User-requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I hate how I feel right now. Like others have said, this would've been a dream a couple years ago.

fuck JK Rowling
Solidarity with my trans sisters and brothers

feel bad for Avalanche

El Bombastico

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I will say this in every HP thread where it is allowable:

If the creator of an IP came flat out and said something like "I don't like <derogatory term for Black people> or straight up said , "I hate <insert derogatory term for LGBT people>"
there wouldn't be nearly as many " HYPE!"/ " DAY 1" / " The devs!" posts.

And I'd wager anything on it . Trans folk always at the low end of the social justice totem pole

We also wouldn't get any of the "But what about all the devs/programmers!" bullshit excuses either.

SnowHawk

Oct 28, 2017
England
JK Rowling can go fuck herself and all the other TERFS can join her!

Saying that, this is the game I've been wanting since getting into Harry Potter so I will be getting this game.

Th3BranMan

Nov 8, 2017
TERF issues aside, the game looks pretty dope for an open world RPG. Tons of lore to draw upon and a ton of potential game mechanics.

Nepenthe

When the music hits, you feel no pain.
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Genuine question to the mods:
Can I say I'm hyped for the game or should I say nothing to respect the minorites on the forum?
You should always err on the side respecting minorities everywhere you are, not just on ResetEra.

Fuck Rowling, btw.

Kinsei

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
As a closeted trans kid Harry Potter was literally a lifeline for me. Had this been announced like 5 years ago it would have been my dream game. Now I want nothing to do with it.

Symphony

Oct 27, 2017
As of a few months ago I'd have been excited for this (even not as someone who is big into Harry Potter), now all I can say is that I feel sorry for the devs who put their all into a game that'll line the pockets of that slimy transphobe. I'd consider buying used or from a key reseller and donating the difference to charity so nothing goes to her, but even then I doubt I could seperate the game and her hateful actions.

Spades

Oct 26, 2017
This looks AMAZING. Very pleased to finally see this game and it's now jumped right to the top of my most anticipated next-gen game by some margin. Really cannot wait to play it!

Nooblet

Oct 25, 2017
Gee thanks for your support guys I only worked on this game for 3 years...
Well if you worked on this game then you should already know that your colleagues were worried and felt uncomfortable about this situation. So they'd understand atleast where the anger is coming from, and that it's not directed towards people who worked on it. Plus regardless of anything, the game will sell anyways as HP is a huge IP, but that shouldn't stop people from voicing their anger towards her

www.slashfilm.com

Massive Harry Potter Video Game Still On The Way, But Developers Are Worried About J.K. Rowling Controversy - SlashFilm

The Harry Potter video game that had footage leaked back in 2018 is still on the way, but developers are concerned about J.K. Rowling's recent controversy.

Lobster Roll

signature-less, now and forever
Sep 24, 2019
God damnit, fuck JKR. Fuck her so god damn much. This trailer and the gameplay footage just absolutely slaughtered my heartstrings and I'm going to not play this game. This series meant so much to me as a kid, and how good this trailer looks just ruined my day.