• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Fucking vile. This is an IP that gives influence to someone who is directly causing suicide attempts and self harm in trans children. Who is actively leading a charge for legislation to remove trans rights for women in the UK.

Pargon

Oct 27, 2017
So we're giving this a platform here after all then?
I guess those "internal discussions" didn't amount to anything.

SimpleCRIPPLE

Oct 28, 2017
Don't agree w/ JK, still gonna Day 1 this.

Won't be the first, or last, time I'm a hypocrite. It's not the dev's fault.

greekappi

Oct 26, 2017
OH man, I did not know this whole JK trans stuff. That is really awful. So weird coming from someone who wrote such fun books that discussed inclusion and seemed to be an advocate for all. Gahhh this game looks so fun though.

poptire

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
A bunch of y'all must never venture out of gaming side. Rowling has been a known POS for a while. Game looks rad, though.

Mivey

Oct 25, 2017
Looking forward for this one to explain how Harry has been a transphobic bigot all along.

Also, will be dissapointed if making poo-poo on the floor and making it go away via magic isn't a game mechanic.

Bjomesphat

Nov 5, 2017
Don't love the movies, but love the world of Harry Potter. Really excited for this, and definitely something my wife will play.

Michael

Oct 28, 2017
I don't agree with JK Rowling, but the game looks great. I really couldn't care less about that author that wrote the book 20 years ago.

Day 1.

take_marsh

Oct 27, 2017
I like video games based on neat worlds, but gonna hard pass on that. JK Rowling's transphobic ass can fuck off.

IzzyRX

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
I feel bad for the devs, imagine how long they worked on it just to JK Rowling decides to shit all over everything.

rjinaz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Phoenix
I don't agree with JK Rowling, but the game looks great. I really couldn't care less about that author that wrote the book 20 years ago.

Day 1.
You can't really separate the two when Rowling is still heavily involved in the franchise and makes many decisions, and also still collects large checks. I mean she's rich as fuck anyway, but, I for one can't contribute any to her wealth with what she is doing with her platform.

BranCrackr

Oct 4, 2019
I assume this isn't confirmed a PS5 console exclusive eh? Just realized nothing was mentioned about it in the trailer

Just saw the updated thread title, nvm

Jan 2, 2018
MEGATON!

I couldn't be happier, and it's coming to PC! I'm in heaven right now. I love this franchise so much and have waited ages for a big-budget single-player RPG that doesn't follow the story of the books. This is so wonderful, I'm getting emotional!

greekappi

Oct 26, 2017
Fucking vile. This is an IP that gives influence to someone who is directly causing suicide attempts and self harm in trans children. Who is actively leading a charge for legislation to remove trans rights for women in the UK.
Link to anything about the suicide attempts and self harm? That sounds absolutely terrifying.

Pangorogoro

Oct 31, 2017
I'm interested in it but not enough to give money to a TERF, so I'll probably pick it up when it hits $20-$30 used

Zukuu

Oct 30, 2017
This got me more excited than FF 16... and I'm a huge FF fan... that either speaks for the quality of this, the lack of epicness of the FF trailer or both.

Zookfoodle

Oct 25, 2017
As the creator of r/HarryPotterGame, the time has come and so have I.
What's a good LGBT charity to donate to? Want to help offset the money/attention JKR is getting. Was thinking Trevor Project, but open to suggestions.

Rocky Road

Jun 1, 2018
I feel so bad for the devs

Seriously, they've got such bad luck. They're apparently the devs that worked on Disney Infinity which Disney unceremoniously dropped support of, then got hired on by WB to make this game which just so happens to be for an IP under a lot of rightful judgement right now. I hope the next project they work on isn't a disaster. They seem super talented.