• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
I have a new studio logo, made by a friend. Best with sound. :)

Well... Alright.

I'm a bit of a "Perfectionist" (one of the reasons why it's taken so long to release details on the game), but I should start somewhere.

I'll post later today once I upload images and whatnot.

Yeah, that was me too, and I guess everyone that starts doing this stuff; it took probably a year until I felt confident to release anything at all for others to look at. But from showing it to friends at least, I also learned that the sooner you do it, the better, because early feedback (especially from people getting hands-on play time, which I understand might be a bit harder for a board game) is super valuable in making changes early during design, which can in turn make a lot more difference than feedback and changes later in the development cycle when everything is too nailed down.

Last edited:

exodus

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone offer any reasons why I shouldn't pursue Godot as a hobbyist game developer? My games will be minimal in terms of art style (since I have no artistic talent). I'm leaning towards the incremental genre, or something abstract and reflect based like Super hexagon.

Let's set Spaceplan as the current target.

I chose Godot for a few reasons:

1) The interface is beautiful. Very modern, and very fast.
2) Development seems faster than Unity
3) The object oriented approach is very intuitive
4) Free and no splash screen

As far as I can see, the biggest downside right now is I basically need to go with OpenGL 2.0 for full compatibility, but I'm not sure how much of a downside that is at the moment. Of course, the Vulkan renderer should be coming later this year so hopefully it addresses most of the problems.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Can anyone offer any reasons why I shouldn't pursue Godot as a hobbyist game developer? My games will be minimal in terms of art style (since I have no artistic talent). I'm leaning towards the incremental genre, or something abstract and reflect based like Super hexagon.

As far as I can see, the biggest downside right now is I basically need to go with OpenGL 2.0 for full compatibility, but I'm not sure how much of a downside that is at the moment. Of course, the Vulkan renderer should be coming later this year so hopefully it addresses most of the problems.

I have zero experience with Godot, but most people that have used it seem to have nothing but good things to say about it, which makes me confident that it's a very solid platform.

One thing I'm seeing right now is that it doesn't seem to have support for any consoles except Xbox One, which, if you plan to go commercial at some point, might bite you in the ass, as the most lucrative platform for indies right now still seems to be the Switch. The other thing is that Unity is a lot more widespread so you're often more likely to find how to do what you want to do from the Q&A's of other people.

Hahaha, that's cute!

Thank you! :)

Kansoku

Oct 25, 2017
One thing I'm seeing right now is that it doesn't seem to have support for any consoles except Xbox One, which, if you plan to go commercial at some point, might bite you in the ass, as the most lucrative platform for indies right now still seems to be the Switch. The other thing is that Unity is a lot more widespread so you're often more likely to find how to do what you want to do from the Q&A's of other people.

It does have support for consoles, but given that it's a free and open source engine, they can't include the consoles' proprietary SDKs. There are companies that can help you port your game tho.

Console support in Godot

Console publishing process: Regardless of the engine used to create the game, the process to publish a game to a console platform is as follows: Register a developer account on the console manufact...

paranoodle

Nov 18, 2019
switzerland
exodus i'm currently working in godot (2d, though) and overall i've been having a good time with it! the only thing i'd say to be wary of is that since it's younger than some other engines, if you're trying to do some especially technical stuff you might have some difficulties because the documentation isn't always quite enough and you're not guaranteed to find other people who can answer your questions. outside that, i've had no major issues with it.

on which note, i released a new version of my game today! still very early in development but i'm really happy to see things shaping up :)

growler

Oct 26, 2017

VR support is fairly limited at the moment, but definitely growing. This was a key consideration for me, I ultimately landed on Unity.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I´m starting my first Game Jam in a few hours, any tips from those of you with experience? I´ll be going solo, wish me luck!

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Can anyone suggest good resources to learn about enviroment art/modeling? Like books, videos, stuff like that.
I'm decent at 3d modeling, it's just that I can't really wrap my head around how to make large buildings for games in a way that makes sense, looks good, and doesn't kill performances.

Now I'm working on a little prototype, and I wanted to test how to make assets for it.

vxiLI.jpg

This is supposed to be one floor of a fantasy tower. I did the modeling in Blender (with a rough UV), then I exported it into Quixel, I made a simple texture, 4K resolution because why not at this stage. The problem is, when I look at it ingame or in blender, it's quite awful. This is a single texture and a single material for the whole mesh.

2yIm9.jpg

I was expecting this result, because the wall is some 20 meters long, so the texel density is really low. But this is already a 4K texture, when I should be using a 512 or 1k texture really. I mean, when you look at modern games, stuff like this looks sharp enough, with lower res textures than what I'm using now.

So, basically, what is the right approach to something like this?

I was thinking about something like this:

G8JLi.jpg

Have the "core" with a low res tiling texture, and then details as separate meshes that I would build in the engine (UE4 in this case). But I'm kinda worried about performance. I mean one floor would be at least 15 meshes, so 15 draws calls, so for ten floors it would be 150 drawcalls or something, I could barely make a village this way.

I know some games do fully modular buldings, like Fallout 4, they have a bunch of "kits" made of 2x2m blocks that snap together and each block has its texture and it looks good. But I don't really need that level of granularity, and I want more individual looking buildings, that don't look really copy-pasted.

And even if I did go that way, if one building is like 100 pieces alone, that's some 100 draw calls, how does that even work ingame?

W8YIN.jpg

An example from RDR2, how would go about making something like this? It can't possibly be one single mesh with just one texture.

How can I achieve this kind of result?

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I know some games do fully modular buldings, like Fallout 4, they have a bunch of "kits" made of 2x2m blocks that snap together and each block has its texture and it looks good. But I don't really need that level of granularity, and I want more individual looking buildings, that don't look really copy-pasted.
Right, but you're underestimating how many different assets you can make with clever use of master materials + material instances + blueprints and a few meshes. It's important to make your assets as reusable as possible.

www.unrealengine.com

Blueprint: Victorian House Builder in Props - UE Marketplace

Blueprint based Victorian/Classical building creator. Ideal for Classical, Steampunk & Medieval Environments.

And even if I did go that way, if one building is like 100 pieces alone, that's some 100 draw calls, how does that even work ingame?
UE4 lets you merge actors to reduce draw calls.

An example from RDR2, how would go about making something like this? It can't possibly be one single mesh with just one texture.

How can I achieve this kind of result?
That RDR2 building is a combination of modular assets + trim sheets + tiling materials. All AAA game environments are made this way to an extent. Here's a breakdown from BL3

jun-choi-jun-choi-spaceshiparchitecturepart1.jpg

mace-mulleady-macemulleady-sanctuary3-textures-1.jpg

mace-mulleady-macemulleady-sanctuary3-textures-2.jpg

jun-choi-jun-choi-spaceshiparchitecturepart2.jpg

hung-pham-tile-sphere.jpg

It's important to block out your scene first and plan everything out, to get an idea of size + scale of your scene for your modular assets then break everything down and recognise what you need. It's a weird workflow at first but the more you do it, the more it starts to click.

Can anyone suggest good resources to learn about enviroment art/modeling? Like books, videos, stuff like that.

Best one imo, it's pretty long but you'll learn so much. Thiago is a cool dude and goes through the process of crafting a scene from start to finish. He's a senior environment artist at Blizzard too (worked on Overwatch) so he knows his shit. You'll be in good hands.

gumroad.com

TK ░ ᴇɴᴠɪʀᴏɴᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ

Page moved to https://gumroad.com/thiagoklafke

Last edited:

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
i decided to make what i thought was a simple card/idle game and now i'm staring down the barrel of database management (and finding it not as scary as I thought it was)

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
Always super happy to see posts in this thread ^_^

I've been a while since I've participated in these threads (like 2-3 years >_<). Since then I've been a lead VR programmer, and now am making an AR GPS collecting game for my non-for-profit currently (yay thank you govt. funding!).

The app is like Pokemon GO except you collect local artist's artwork in specific areas across South Florida. Most of the back end is made and currently I finished programming my character dialogue system (think visual novel) to be working.

Here's an early version of it working. All done in Unreal Engine 4.23 BTW

You can also learn more here (as well as about the non-for-profit): https://www.interactiveinitiative.org/tropi

Currently I am converting most of the artist's artowork into the app, which is very time consuming >_<

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Always super happy to see posts in this thread ^_^

I've been a while since I've participated in these threads (like 2-3 years >_<). Since then I've been a lead VR programmer, and now am making an AR GPS collecting game for my non-for-profit currently (yay thank you govt. funding!).

The app is like Pokemon GO except you collect local artist's artwork in specific areas across South Florida. Most of the back end is made and currently I finished programming my character dialogue system (think visual novel) to be working.

Here's an early version of it working. All done in Unreal Engine 4.23 BTW

You can also learn more here (as well as about the non-for-profit): https://www.interactiveinitiative.org/tropi

Currently I am converting most of the artist's artowork into the app, which is very time consuming >_<

This is really cool! AR is frankly so underutilized, it feels like there's so many possible things people could do with it.

When you say you're "converting" the artwork into the app, you mean you actually make the 3D models from their illustrations? Or do they create the 3D models themselves and you mean you convert them into the format the app uses? Sorry if this is a silly question as I don't have any experience with 3D art.

Rolento

Oct 25, 2017
This is really cool! AR is frankly so underutilized, it feels like there's so many possible things people could do with it.

When you say you're "converting" the artwork into the app, you mean you actually make the 3D models from their illustrations? Or do they create the 3D models themselves and you mean you convert them into the format the app uses? Sorry if this is a silly question as I don't have any experience with 3D art.

Thanks! Yeah, my wife knew my programming skillset to an extent and saw an opportunity to do something unique locally... plus work for ourselves :D

In terms of converting, we are working with a number of artists who work in a wide range of mediums such as sculpting, illustration, installation art, digital, video, spoken word, and so on. We are focusing on covering all and every form of art that we can. Most of our included artists are illustration or sculpture focused, so the process is either converting their work to work in 3D space, photogrammetry, or otherwise.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Thanks! Yeah, my wife knew my programming skillset to an extent and saw an opportunity to do something unique locally... plus work for ourselves :D

In terms of converting, we are working with a number of artists who work in a wide range of mediums such as sculpting, illustration, installation art, digital, video, spoken word, and so on. We are focusing on covering all and every form of art that we can. Most of our included artists are illustration or sculpture focused, so the process is either converting their work to work in 3D space, photogrammetry, or otherwise.

That's amazing, and yeah, I can't begin to imagine how much work goes into making 3D models of all that, but it's really cool work and I'm glad you're getting sponsored by the government!

TronLight

Jun 17, 2018
Right, but you're underestimating how many different assets you can make with clever use of master materials + material instances + blueprints and a few meshes. It's important to make your assets as reusable as possible.

www.unrealengine.com

Blueprint: Victorian House Builder in Props - UE Marketplace

Blueprint based Victorian/Classical building creator. Ideal for Classical, Steampunk & Medieval Environments.

UE4 lets you merge actors to reduce draw calls.

That RDR2 building is a combination of modular assets + trim sheets + tiling materials. All AAA game environments are made this way to an extent. Here's a breakdown from BL3

jun-choi-jun-choi-spaceshiparchitecturepart1.jpg

mace-mulleady-macemulleady-sanctuary3-textures-1.jpg

mace-mulleady-macemulleady-sanctuary3-textures-2.jpg

jun-choi-jun-choi-spaceshiparchitecturepart2.jpg

hung-pham-tile-sphere.jpg

It's important to block out your scene first and plan everything out, to get an idea of size + scale of your scene for your modular assets then break everything down and recognise what you need. It's a weird workflow at first but the more you do it, the more it starts to click.

Best one imo, it's pretty long but you'll learn so much. Thiago is a cool dude and goes through the process of crafting a scene from start to finish. He's a senior environment artist at Blizzard too (worked on Overwatch) so he knows his shit. You'll be in good hands.

gumroad.com

TK ░ ᴇɴᴠɪʀᴏɴᴍᴇɴᴛꜱ

Page moved to https://gumroad.com/thiagoklafke
Thanks! I looked at a couple of free tutorials on this technique and it looks super useful. I'll probably buy that course too though, it looks really in depth.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Hello guys, would be glad if anyone can test and play my browser game:

muntaner.itch.io

Lightama by Muntaner

Simple strategy multiplayer turn-based browser game.

I just gave it a try, cool stuff! It's quite fun, although I could only play vs the CPU (which I beat 16 to 14) as no players were online. No bugs to report other than a merely cosmetic one that at the end of the tutorial's practice match, the clocks keep ticking down and alternating between the player and the CPU.

Sean Noonan

Lead Level Designer at Splash Damage
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
UK
Christ. I'm gonna need a lawyer... the game is free though :D

Small quality of life patch incoming.

Last edited:

jarekx

Oct 25, 2017
Was messing around and threw together some prototypes this week. Nothing amazing but maybe i'll develop on one of these further.

First is a simple deck building rpg.I like this cause you have no specific resource cards in your deck...you just discard a card for what they would cost to gain what you need to play other cards. Characters also gain active abilities on level up that can deal damage, draw extra cards, heal, etc.

I'm also toying around with different characters having an additional effect when they discard as well, so like the warrior here did have the ability to reduce the cooldown on their active abilities by one turn per card discarded. Though this may just be random buffs you gain as you proceed through a run.

This is heavily inspired by Dicey Dungeons. I wanted to translate that gameplay to a grid based tactical game. Currently, your dice can be 3 different colors and if you match the color with the ability on the bottom you get a bonus effect (more movement / attack range, more damage, etc). Also toying with abilities that manipulate enemy positions . It seems like it has potential but it does wear it's inspiration on it's sleeve..so idk if it'd just be more than a curiosity to mess around with. I also love my little pompadour sprite man.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
here i am still learning how to code a menu and people just throwing prototypes together in days smh

looks fun!

Muntaner

May 12, 2018
I just gave it a try, cool stuff! It's quite fun, although I could only play vs the CPU (which I beat 16 to 14) as no players were online. No bugs to report other than a merely cosmetic one that at the end of the tutorial's practice match, the clocks keep ticking down and alternating between the player and the CPU.
Tried and really enjoyed it. Did you invent the rules of the game, or is this based on something existing? Either way, great work!

Thanks a lot for trying it, guys!

Biestmann, I invented the rules - nothing existing as far as I know.

I'm really looking forward to have a high number of players in order to understand if the backend is able to support big numbers :)

MrWindUpBird

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
So I hope maybe someone can point me in the right direction here. I'm a total noobie in this, zero knowledge of game dev, coding, whatsoever. I've been playing the Thief games recently and I love the aesthetic and gameplay that they go for. I would love to try to recreate some of the levels to try my hand so I may one days make a ground up immersive sim. Would anyone be able to point me to some places, tutorials or anything like that to get started?

dannymate

Oct 26, 2017
I just submitted my entry for the Quarantine Jam (my first jam ever!) and after 3-4 days of working on the game nonstop I´m completely exhausted!!! I woudl be incredibly grateful if you guys could play it and tell me what you think: https://correojon.itch.io/one-vs-one-million-yokai
I played it and it has the potential to be a fun little game. I enjoyed the aesthetic for what little I managed to play of it. The problem initially for me is I wanted to play it one handed and my stupid brain couldnt comprehend moving from shift to ctrl on the right of the keyboard. Would've liked an alternative layout where high attacks and low attacks were "up arrow" and "down arrow" respectively so I can be lazy and use one hand.
I then played it with two hands and I was doing alright until sticky keys came on. So maybe shift isn't the best key to be using here.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I played it and it has the potential to be a fun little game. I enjoyed the aesthetic for what little I managed to play of it. The problem initially for me is I wanted to play it one handed and my stupid brain couldnt comprehend moving from shift to ctrl on the right of the keyboard. Would've liked an alternative layout where high attacks and low attacks were "up arrow" and "down arrow" respectively so I can be lazy and use one hand.
I then played it with two hands and I was doing alright until sticky keys came on. So maybe shift isn't the best key to be using here.
You´re absolutely correct, I used Shift & Ctrl because you need to press them at the same time for the special, but I should add other control options as well. The sticky keys thing was a major oversight :(
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
You´re absolutely correct, I used Shift & Ctrl because you need to press them at the same time for the special, but I should add other control options as well. The sticky keys thing was a major oversight :(
Thanks a lot for the feedback!

Sorry that I didn't catch all of that while I was testing it :/ . I used an XPadder profile to play with a controller instead; I never play action games on a keyboard.

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sorry that I didn't catch all of that while I was testing it :/ . I used an XPadder profile to play with a controller instead; I never play action games on a keyboard.
Not your fault at all, you did much more than I could´ve ever asked for :) I didn´t remember that I had disabled sticky keys in my main computer, I should´ve tested it on another one but you know how jams go.

Weltall Zero

Game Developer
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Madrid
Not your fault at all, you did much more than I could´ve ever asked for :) I didn´t remember that I had disabled sticky keys in my main computer, I should´ve tested it on another one but you know how jams go.

Now that I think about it, I also have it disabled on mine, and that's the reason I didn't catch it (because all XPadder does is convert gamepad inputs into keys, so it would have triggered stickykeys anyway).

I would personally use four keys, one for each attack direction and height, rather than changing directions and then attacking. This not only allows one-handed play, it also solves the issue of turning around mid-attack and having the attack animation play in the other direction! Something like:
Q or I: Left high attack.
W or O or P: Right high attack.
A or K: Left low attack.
S or L: Right low attack.
Enabling all of these keys allows players to play with their left hand exclusively (QWAS), with their right hand exclusively (IOKL) , or with both hands (QAPL). The latter is particulary confortable!

Last edited:

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
I don't suppose anyone knows where a good website or place to find people to collaborate with is? Or maybe someone here needs help with graphics, 3D modelling some stuff anything, then I may be able to help(I may not be that great, I cant do triple AAA quality but will try my best). I'm not bothered about payment or anything, I just need something to do and it might help me actually finish something.

_Rob_

Oct 26, 2017
I don't suppose anyone knows where a good website or place to find people to collaborate with is? Or maybe someone here needs help with graphics, 3D modelling some stuff anything, then I may be able to help(I may not be that great, I cant do triple AAA quality but will try my best). I'm not bothered about payment or anything, I just need something to do and it might help me actually finish something.

Do you have a particular engine you're comfortable working in? I only ask as a lot of them have dedicated community areas for exactly this kind of collaboration, that might be a good place to start.

Not something particular to this video, but your game never ceases to shock me. It looks like it was made by a 20+ person studio working in an office, not a single person. Major kudos and hats off!

On the video itself, all of your animations are 10/10, but in particular Laura's little trotting animation is so delightfully whimsical it puts a huge grin on my face. :) That said, the main characters' turning animations are also particularly amazing, conveying the perfect amount of inertia without being sluggish. Many, many games, including non-indie ones, stumble on this hard (no pun intended).

Hey, thanks very much for saying so, you're far too kind! (For the record, it certainly doesn't feel this way to me, though I'm hoping it's just impostor syndrome).

This was an odd one to sort out, because unlike most things the costume changes were something I never considered early on. I had never really weaved any logic into the way they work, they just kinda appeared as you start a world. So after playing about with a few ideas, I've settled on this as a solution to hopefully remedy the lack of cohesion!

correojon

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would personally use four keys, one for each attack direction and height, rather than changing directions and then attacking. This not only allows one-handed play, it also solves the issue of turning around mid-attack and having the attack animation play in the other direction! Something like:
Q or I: Left high attack.
W or O or P: Right high attack.
A or K: Left low attack.
S or L: Right low attack.
Enabling all of these keys allows players to play with their left hand exclusively (QWAS), with their right hand exclusively (IOKL) , or with both hands (QAPL). The latter is particulary confortable!
Yeah, I should add configurable controls, this is something I postponed until the last moment and then found I had no time and energy left to do it. Next time it´ll be there right from the start. I´m not completely sold on having 4 independent inputs, but I´ll see if I can add both methods and let the player choose.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This is a really basic question, but I'm just doing some experimentation with VR for Quest in Unity. Because it's VR, you generally want any props to be something you can pick up and have natural physical interactions. But say I have a vase, or a cup. I'm not sure how I could design it so you can put things inside of that container naturally? To my understanding, you can't have concave colliders on something with a Rigidbody; it's apparently a limitation of the physics system. So if I put the objects inside of the vase/container/etc, they eject out immediately, and won't go in.

If this were a box, I could put box colliders on each side and the bottom. I suppose I could use an octagon of box colliders to make it sort of round on the inside? The other recommendation I've seen is to create 4 separate Mesh Colliders for 4 quadrants of the object, but I've heard I should avoid Mesh Colliders for Quest VR.

Bjones

Oct 30, 2017
I know its been a while ince I have posted anything but there is a very good reason.

I have moved my project to be an actual NES game!! weeeeee!!

So I have actually been doing a lot of work in developing tools and learning the ins and outs of the NES hardware.
Below is a peek at the asset development tool I have created. This tool is used to handle all the CHR roms, palettes, and map building.
I do not want to show the actual NES game until i get a little futher in development but its all coming together nicely.

p27VEt2.png

QBfclTg.png

dannymate

Oct 26, 2017
This is a really basic question, but I'm just doing some experimentation with VR for Quest in Unity. Because it's VR, you generally want any props to be something you can pick up and have natural physical interactions. But say I have a vase, or a cup. I'm not sure how I could design it so you can put things inside of that container naturally? To my understanding, you can't have concave colliders on something with a Rigidbody; it's apparently a limitation of the physics system. So if I put the objects inside of the vase/container/etc, they eject out immediately, and won't go in.

If this were a box, I could put box colliders on each side and the bottom. I suppose I could use an octagon of box colliders to make it sort of round on the inside? The other recommendation I've seen is to create 4 separate Mesh Colliders for 4 quadrants of the object, but I've heard I should avoid Mesh Colliders for Quest VR.

It depends how you want the object inside to act with physics still then that's where things get complex. If don't need that what you can do is parent the inner object to the parent object and turn off the rigidbody for that object based on a trigger detecting if they're close enough. You can still pull that object out by checking for a grab on it and unparenting it so you have them seperate again. It's a bit more of a snap but it's far less of a logic headache.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
It depends how you want the object inside to act with physics still then that's where things get complex. If don't need that what you can do is parent the inner object to the parent object and turn off the rigidbody for that object based on a trigger detecting if they're close enough. You can still pull that object out by checking for a grab on it and unparenting it so you have them seperate again. It's a bit more of a snap but it's far less of a logic headache.

I was hoping they could still move around naturally inside the container, but I see what you mean.

Edit: I think the box colliders will work, but I might have to put a 45 degree rotated object parented inside just to get the octagon shape. Thank you for your advice.

Last edited:

dannymate

Oct 26, 2017
I was hoping they could still move around naturally inside the container, but I see what you mean.
I think you said it but you might need to have a parent to have an inner and outside collider. The inner collider for objects inside. You could have them use seperate masks so they don't collide with eachother. You could use the same trigger theory then where something get's snapped inside a parent. So say you dropped a coin in a box, you would have a trigger in the top of a box that detects that something is being placed inside you change the layer for the coin so it only interacts with the inside of the box and then do the reverse when the coin falls out.
The hard bit there really is figuring out when something counts as in and out.

Setsune

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I think you said it but you might need to have a parent to have an inner and outside collider. The inner collider for objects inside. You could have them use seperate masks so they don't collide with eachother. You could use the same trigger theory then where something get's snapped inside a parent. So say you dropped a coin in a box, you would have a trigger in the top of a box that detects that something is being placed inside you change the layer for the coin so it only interacts with the inside of the box and then do the reverse when the coin falls out.
The hard bit there really is figuring out when something counts as in and out.

Hm, layering is something I've yet to dig into too much in a 3D game's context. That sounds interesting, thanks.

Calabi

Oct 26, 2017
Do you have a particular engine you're comfortable working in? I only ask as a lot of them have dedicated community areas for exactly this kind of collaboration, that might be a good place to start.

Hey, thanks very much for saying so, you're far too kind! (For the record, it certainly doesn't feel this way to me, though I'm hoping it's just impostor syndrome).

This was an odd one to sort out, because unlike most things the costume changes were something I never considered early on. I had never really weaved any logic into the way they work, they just kinda appeared as you start a world. So after playing about with a few ideas, I've settled on this as a solution to hopefully remedy the lack of cohesion!

I'm proficient with Unity but I can make 3D models using Blender, and 3DCoat for pretty much any engine.

Status
Not open for further replies.