• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 27, 2017
So, I have this issue where when I'm looking to highlight text or click at a certain letter in a document where my mouse cursor tends to slightly and ever so slightly spazz out (jerks around) where I miss click the text etc. I was looking to highlight or click on/next to.

I have a Logitech G502 Hero and a cloth mousepad. My DPI setting is at 2400 and I honestly can't think as to why this is occurring. It's nothing game breaking, per say, but it's annoying :)

Any ideas?

EDIT. I reported this thread to a mod to please move this to EtcetEra instead. I posted in gaming by accident!

OP
OP
Oct 27, 2017
There are mouse pad options in Logitech Gaming Software, try a different one. Also check if the mouse is using the latest firmware. If won't help then try a different mouse pad. I use the same mouse on Razer Destructor 2 and it's fine.
I know what you're referring to as I saw that in the old software but I don't see a way to change mousepad type in the new ghub software

Eblo

Oct 25, 2017
Something similar happened to an old mouse of mine. Open up yours and see if any hairs snuck in and are triggering the laser.

TheZynster

Oct 26, 2017
This happens to my mouse once in awhile in an mmo. I'll be holding left click to move camera and it goes fucking wack for a split second on a slight lift.
Usually blowing into the sensor solves it.....seems to just be the sensor picking up some dust and needs a quick blow out once every few months.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
I know what you're referring to as I saw that in the old software but I don't see a way to change mousepad type in the new ghub software
You're right, they took this option out of Ghub. There are reports of forcing the mouse to re-calibrate by turning it on while holding down the right button but I dunno if this even works with a wired version - how do you turn it on? By plugging into the USB?

Anyway, the advice about cleaning the sensor is a good one too. When I've had similar issues they always were due to some stuff getting into the sensor.

Wanchan

Oct 27, 2017
I had a similar issue and it was my plugged-in controller messing with my mouse pointer for some reason.

m_shortpants

Oct 25, 2017
I had a G502 SE, and my mouse button broke. Basically I couldn't drag and hold anything. I discovered it while palying online chess, which was frustrating as it led to many moves I didn't want. I contacted Logitech and got them to send me another one. That mouse was fine, but also developed the same exact issue, except this time in the right click switch.

Just ended up getting a razer mouse, was really disappointed in the reliability of the G502.

tripleg

Alt Account
Banned
Jul 30, 2020
From my personal experience it's most likely a hair stuck in the sensor.

But - for what it's worth, I swapped down to 400 DPI and increased my OS mouse sensitivity / turned off mouse assist - I've found it to give me much better control.

kmfdmpig

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I had a G502 SE, and my mouse button broke. Basically I couldn't drag and hold anything. I discovered it while palying online chess, which was frustrating as it led to many moves I didn't want. I contacted Logitech and got them to send me another one. That mouse was fine, but also developed the same exact issue, except this time in the right click switch.

Just ended up getting a razer mouse, was really disappointed in the reliability of the G502.
Yup, this has happened to untitled Logitech mice for me 602 and 903 specifically. They use cheap and notoriously bad switches to save pennies. On the plus side they're good about sending replacements when their stuff inevitably breaks down.

Doskoi Panda

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017

I don't trust Logitech mice the same way I did 5 or 10 years ago. They've been using cheap, unreliable, breakage-prone switches in almost all of their mice for about 4 years for now, and their replacement for LGS, G-hub, takes three steps back for every step forward.

The original G502 is my favorite mouse of all time. The one I bought in 2014 lasted me 5 years before the scroll wheel button broke. I replaced it with a Hero, which felt cheaper (because it was) and had a sensor that didn't feel as good as the og (still great but the og G502 sensor is the GOAT). Within 8 months, two separate buttons broke on the Hero. I ended up tracking down a pristine OG G502 on eBay a few months ago and it's amazing but I don't know if I'll ever be able to find it again if this one breaks, and I'm not buying a newly produced Logitech mouse until Logitech gets their shit together.

And they won't. Logitech still gets repped for their 'great mice' in reviews that never seem to take into account that their mice simply do not last.