• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Koukalaka

Oct 28, 2017
Scotland
Fantastic get for Game Pass, still not sure I'll be able to play this on my PC though. Not only will my current rig probably scream at me if I try to run this but isn't the collective file size like 200GB?

I dunno if I can justify the space even for three games.

Good news there - IO did a lot of under the hood work to get file sizes down when Hitman 3 came out - I can't remember the exact size of it, but Hitman 3 with the H1+H2 contact imported is substantially smaller than even just H2 with the H1 levels.

Edit: 100GB for the combined trilogy according to a quick Google.

JT_77

Mar 15, 2021
Lol last two games I purchased on sale were ME Legendary Edition in October and Hitman 3 in December. I have learnt my lesson.

May 10, 2019
I own the first 2 and have been hovering over buying the 3rd one recently but glad I didn't buy it yet, thanks GamePass.

Lardroom

Aug 22, 2020
I picked up Hitman 3 during the EGS sale. Haven't played it yet, but I'll wait for the VR implementation and maaaaaybe wait a bit for ray tracing as well. I wonder if they'll let you do both...

OP
OP
Rumenapp

Rumenapp

Forza Photographer
Nov 9, 2017
Did IOI say something about RT on consoles? Or was that already implemented this past year?

bananas

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of buying Hitman 3 after watching the Vinesauce Hitman 2 streams.

Good thing I waited!

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Fantastic get for Game Pass, still not sure I'll be able to play this on my PC though. Not only will my current rig probably scream at me if I try to run this but isn't the collective file size like 200GB?

I dunno if I can justify the space even for three games.

No. You just import everything into 3. 3 is optimised for file size. With everything installed in 3 it's around 70GB.

Kabuki Waq

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Holy fuck I love and hate gamepass so much. Now I never know which games will suddenly appear on gamepass lol

2shd

Oct 25, 2017
Holy fuck I love and hate gamepass so much. Now I never know which games will suddenly appear on gamepass lol
Yeah, I'm so cautious about spending money on any games now. I broke down and bought this last year, got the old levels and I've still hardly scratched the surface of the first set. Just too much to play and not enough time. This game will easily last me the whole gen and I did use Rewards points gift cards to buy it, so I shouldn't feel too badly.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Guess I'll finally be trying this series. Good to try from the start?

So with this I can import the 1-2 levels to 3?

What exactly is the best way to play it?
The trilogy should include all the levels of 1 + 2 inside of the engine of 3. You should start from the very beginning; there are two tutorial maps before they throw you into Paris. You are getting the full-fledged experience in 3 as if you had played 1 and 2 separately.

RAWRferal

Oct 27, 2017
London, UK
I keep hesitating to spend money on games and end up getting rewarded by Game Pass! Really looking forward to trying Hitman 3, have played the others and enjoyed immensely.

Oct 29, 2017
The trilogy should include all the levels of 1 + 2 inside of the engine of 3. You should start from the very beginning; there are two tutorial maps before they throw you into Paris. You are getting the full-fledged experience in 3 as if you had played 1 and 2 separately.

Awesome!

Is there additional DLCs that are worth it?

I really liked the game when I trialed it, I was just waiting for a complete package for cheap. Doesn't get better than this.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I thought Hitman 1 was decent but got old half way through ( the Ukraine? map), I was waiting for it to click but that didn't happen. Skipped 2 thinking it was more of the same but 3 seems to be so highly recieved I'm willing to have another go. I just hope they mixed up the formula from 1, or at least made it a bit more challenging. The tedium set in once I realised I could use the same tactic over and over and not be challenged by the game. Hope the A.I. is a bit smarter which helps in more emergent possibilities.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
I thought Hitman 1 was decent but got old half way through ( the Ukraine? map), I was waiting for it to click but that didn't happen. Skipped 2 thinking it was more of the same but 3 seems to be so highly recieved I'm willing to have another go. I just hope they mixed up the formula from 1, or at least made it a bit more challenging. The tedium set in once I realised I could use the same tactic over and over and not be challenged by the game. Hope the A.I. is a bit smarter which helps in more emergent possibilities.
Hitman 3 is the same as 1 and 2. It's all basically the same game, think of 2 and 3 as expansion packs. It's underselling all the improvements to everything that have been made over the years, but in basic terms, it is something like that. Furthermore, I think the levels in 2 are generally better than those in 3 (though, again, that's not exactly it). You can play all of the levels in the entire trilogy in Hitman 3 anyway.

I have no idea what you mean by the Ukraine map in H1 (there's nothing of the kind), but do make sure you at least check out the Hokkaido map from that one, you'll be able to select it freely from H3. It's the last one in that game and one of the best in the entire series. Also, make sure to disable Opportunities entirely. You can still take advantage of them if you want to, it will just make you think a little bit harder about it since you won't have the UI telling you exactly what to do next. And lastly, if you still feel the game is too easy, just go for the Professional difficulty. Makes things a bit harder while limiting saves.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Fantastic trilogy, I recently bought hitman 3 after owning all hitman 1 and 2 for ages, not even mad it's in gamepass - it's something I plan to revisit yearly.

Will buy year 2 instantly, year 1 I felt was pretty lacklustre.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
Waiting to hear about dlc inclusion, as the Hitman 2 dlc maps are the only ones I've not played. As I understand it they're quite important to the overarching story of the series, so they'd be an odd omission. Great to see it on Game Pass though, will be recommending this to anyone with an Xbox.

Bansai

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 28, 2017
gamepass-ultimate.gif

🤣

I was legit browsing PSN sales yesterday and thinking about nabbing Hitman, guess not. 🤷‍♂️

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 3 is the same as 1 and 2. It's all basically the same game, think of 2 and 3 as expansion packs. It's underselling all the improvements to everything that have been made over the years, but in basic terms, it is something like that. Furthermore, I think the levels in 2 are generally better than those in 3 (though, again, that's not exactly it). You can play all of the levels in the entire trilogy in Hitman 3 anyway.

I have no idea what you mean by the Ukraine map in H1 (there's nothing of the kind), but do make sure you at least check out the Hokkaido map from that one, you'll be able to select it freely from H3. It's the last one in that game and one of the best in the entire series. Also, make sure to disable Opportunities entirely. You can still take advantage of them if you want to, it will just make you think a little bit harder about it since you won't have the UI telling you exactly what to do next. And lastly, if you still feel the game is too easy, just go for the Professional difficulty. Makes things a bit harder while limiting saves.
Thank you for this, will check out Hokido as you said. I looked up the map that turned me off, it was Colorado (not sure why i said Ukraine).

Also, make sure to disable Opportunities entirely. You can still take advantage of them if you want to, it will just make you think a little bit harder about it since you won't have the UI telling you exactly what to do next.

Fantastic, i usually do this in games, will do the same for Hitman!

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Awesome!

Is there additional DLCs that are worth it?

I really liked the game when I trialed it, I was just waiting for a complete package for cheap. Doesn't get better than this.

The Hitman 1 DLC is an interesting spin on the gameplay, mainly for the final mission, but not essential. They're largely reskins of existing Hitman 2016 levels.

The Hitman 2 DLC is well worth it as they are 2 brand new levels with really interesting objectives. The bank level especially is a series highlight.

Toño

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
Spain
Thank you for this, will check out Hokido as you said. I looked up the map that turned me off, it was Colorado (not sure why i said Ukraine).
Also, Colorado was improved a bit in his transistion to Hitman 2. They touched the map and added bushes to be able to be hide more easily.

toadkarter

Oct 2, 2020
For anyone that has yet to play these wonderful games, you are about to experience an absolute triumph in level design. If I might make a suggestion for first timers - when you finish a map, if you enjoyed it, then don't immediately go to the next one. Replay the map you just did a few more times trying to get your kills done in a different way. This is where the true beauty of this game lies, in the staggering amount of ways in which you can achieve your objectives, and seeing how the level design supports these opportunities.

Javier23

Oct 28, 2017
Aaah, Colorado is easily the worst map in the entire series, so that does explain it... You were almost done, Hokkaido comes right after that one

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017
Game Pass subscribers, for the love of god, download this trilogy and give it a run through. An absolute masterclass in level design and art direction. Not to mention the unique mechanics and comedic flourished throughout.

hog

Mar 9, 2021
For anyone that has yet to play these wonderful games, you are about to experience an absolute triumph in level design. If I might make a suggestion for first timers - when you finish a map, if you enjoyed it, then don't immediately go to the next one. Replay the map you just did a few more times trying to get your kills done in a different way. This is where the true beauty of this game lies, in the staggering amount of ways in which you can achieve your objectives, and seeing how the level design supports these opportunities.
Tbh I want to say the opposite is fine also. Having the whole trilogy in one package makes it a very compelling experience for those of us who don't want to replay levels over and over. I played it all through last year and loved it but I'm not someone who finds the replaying side of things that enjoyable.

Bradbatross

Mar 17, 2018
How are load times on Series X? The load times in Hitman 2 on Xbox One really turned me off the game. For a game that requires a lot of trial and error the load times felt excruciatingly long.