• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Particularly proud of this run I just finished

Rules were:
Colorado main targets
Suit Only
No Disguise Change
All Headshots
Do Not Miss Any Shots
All With The Custom 5mm Pistol
Complete Mission Within 10 Mins
Do Not Get Spotted
Targets Only
No Pacification
Do Not Have Any Bodies Found

Lat

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how does this work? I don't have Hitman and I'm gonna buy it soon for my X. Do I buy a copy of regular Hitman season 1 and I get upgraded or do I have to buy the GOTY digitally?

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So how does this work? I don't have Hitman and I'm gonna buy it soon for my X. Do I buy a copy of regular Hitman season 1 and I get upgraded or do I have to buy the GOTY digitally?
You can buy a physical edition of Season 1 and then buy the upgrade digitally (which will likely work out cheaper) or you can buy the GOTY edition outright from the PSN/XBL stores.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
The first ET goes live Nov 17th and probably lasts 5-7 days, right? I completed the game on PC and got pretty much everything including most ETs. Might rebuy on X but hoping for a digital sale to see what the X enhancements look like, but I'd rather wait around to see if any big sales happen. If not I guess I could just pay the $20 on PC and keep playing on there, would just miss out on redoing ET's which may not be too bad given it will take probably 50+ hours to unlock everything on every level again, which is a big help for a lot of the ETs.

Especially using stuff like rubber ducky or fire extinguishers to massively cheese previous ETs is a thing I imagine that has been patched?

OP
OP
BernardoOne

BernardoOne

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The first ET goes live Nov 17th and probably lasts 5-7 days, right? I completed the game on PC and got pretty much everything including most ETs. Might rebuy on X but hoping for a digital sale to see what the X enhancements look like, but I'd rather wait around to see if any big sales happen. If not I guess I could just pay the $20 on PC and keep playing on there, would just miss out on redoing ET's which may not be too bad given it will take probably 50+ hours to unlock everything on every level again, which is a big help for a lot of the ETs.

Especially using stuff like rubber ducky or fire extinguishers to massively cheese previous ETs is a thing I imagine that has been patched?
First ET will go for 10 days(likely will be the same for all targets)
Yes, you can still use stuff like rubber duckies and fire extinguishers to cheese ETs. Most of the latter ones are not necessarily that cheesable, For Silent Assassin rating anyways. If you don't care about the rating the duck is pretty much a universal solution for 99% of them.
The Chameleon was a elusive target in which conditions you are only allowed to kill using non-explosive accidents.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Now that IO are independent - other than hoping they're going to be better with communication, which seems to have been the case so far - I'm a bit less concerned about the price of things and don't mind giving them $20 for this at all. Whatever keeps this series getting made.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
The very same.

Pretty sure they aren't really locked, but more of a "you should really do the prior missions first" thing, like picking the Protoss campaign before you start the Terran one in Starcraft.
Ah, stupid. I downloaded the Complete Edition and assumed it would come with everything downloaded, but they're making me download individual episodes in the store. I thought it would just come packaged.

Bersi

Oct 25, 2017
One of the best game of the gen,excited to try out the new content and the elusive targets i missed.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
I have never really dived into this game. I just don't have the time for it.
It has entertained me big time through Giant Bomb tho. Maybe I will jump in one time when the goty update hits (which I am still confused about).

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Be thankful our contractors have offered a second chance at these elusive Marks, most wouldn't give you another assignment once you have failed, most likely they would turn the offer over to somone else

IMG_7816.jpg

Perhaps I have said to much.

I have no idea if you're talking about the game or the Hitman IP and Square-Enix originally wanting it to be annual Assassin's Creed competitor.

eddy

Oct 25, 2017
3.7GiB Steam patch available.

20% off for completing the package with the "Game of the Year Bundle"

Last edited:

Hystzen

Oct 25, 2017
Manchester UK
This feels like testing to season 2 with some the new changes to gameplay. Plus the funding of the upgrade will go towards season 2

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
How does this work if I already have the complete edition on Steam? When I buy the GOTY edition, will it be a seperate game in my list and I have to download THAT?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
How does this work if I already have the complete edition on Steam? When I buy the GOTY edition, will it be a seperate game in my list and I have to download THAT?

GOTY content is party of the game, IIRC.

The new campaign is DLC, and I believe a separate purchase on Steam.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
So I only have to buy the GOTY edition if I want the new content?
Improvements, elusive targets etc. will be available to me without buying it?

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
I have no idea if you're talking about the game or the Hitman IP and Square-Enix originally wanting it to be annual Assassin's Creed competitor.

It's actually just a Joke but so many people are complaining about the elusive contracts, and as we see from films, Hitmen usually only get One chance at their Target, sometimes they get screwed over, we haven't luckily. IO have now given us a second chance, I am greatful for that chance

And i was just being goofy in general.

Also I am thinking/hoping that once season 2 comes out, maybe Season 1 elusives may be unlocked permanently, though it may break the original one and done illusion.

BraXzy

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
I picked this up in one of the first sales that it dropped to £19.99 but still haven't got round to it, even though I've heard nothing but great things. Need to get round to it.

Is there something I can set up to get a reminder for the elusive contracts?

FroMonk

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, stupid. I downloaded the Complete Edition and assumed it would come with everything downloaded, but they're making me download individual episodes in the store. I thought it would just come packaged.
I know the way it was set up while it was being released was the "complete experience" store item was basically just the key that says "yeah, you own it all", and you were then able to download the episodes as they came out without the store hitting you up for more money. I guess it just never changed from that to having one download, since you can still just buy individual episodes.

itshutton

Nov 1, 2017
I feel ashamed to ask this, but does anyone know if there is a platinum trophy for this one?

GeeTeeCee

Oct 27, 2017
I picked this up in one of the first sales that it dropped to £19.99 but still haven't got round to it, even though I've heard nothing but great things. Need to get round to it.

Is there something I can set up to get a reminder for the elusive contracts?

They made a companion app for phones that notifies you when Elusives go live, though I don't know if they're going to keep using it for the reactivated Elusives.

Applesauce

Oct 27, 2017
I'm stoked that they brought back elusive targets for LTTP folks like me. I need that winter suit mang