• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Damn, the trilogy isn't even a complete your collection bundle.

Humble now has Steam keys for Hitman 3. But instead of them being alongside the EGS version (which is 50% off) and giving you the option to choose as is usually the case, they have a separate listing for the Steam version instead at full price.

So yeah, I'll just play through each level once or twice on Game Pass and wait for the Steam version to hit $20-ish before really getting into it.

Not even a discount for Choice subscribers.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Humble now has Steam keys for Hitman 3. But instead of them being alongside the EGS version (which is 50% off) and giving you the option to choose as is usually the case, they have a separate listing for the Steam version instead at full price.

So yeah, I'll just play through each level once or twice on Game Pass and wait for the Steam version to hit $20-ish before really getting into it.
What ya smoking IOI?

Anyone who wanted this version had to wait an entire year. We can wait more till there is a big discount.

SnazzyNaz

The Wise Ones
Nov 11, 2019
Is Humble the only third party selling Steam keys right now? I was hoping I'd at least be able to cop a copy for like a 12% discount on GMG or something.

Kraken3dfx

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Picked up Hitman 3 for $23 on EGS w/ a coupon at one point, had fully intended to rebuy on Steam when it launched, but $60 is pretty insulting to people who sat on the sidelines for a year to play, so nah. I'll just stick with the EGS version.

TeenageFBI

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Part of the unspoken contract with these awful EGS deals is that we get a better game for cheaper when it finally releases on Steam. Ignore that and you lose the positive word of mouth that would have sold a ton of discounted copies.

The Year 2 stuff is nice but they absolutely botched the pricing.

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
VR is REALLY good in this.

Runs extremely well on my 3070 using Airlink on my Quest 2.

It just goes to show when you get a big developer who actually puts time into making a VR game what incredible results you can get.

My only issue is that playing the Italy level the gamma seems really dark. It's almost like its running in HDR mode or something?

EDIT: Yes, you need to disable HDR before starting VR mode or it will look awful

Last edited:

SirFritz

Jan 22, 2018
Part of the unspoken contract with these awful EGS deals is that we get a better game for cheaper when it finally releases on Steam. Ignore that and you lose the positive word of mouth that would have sold a ton of discounted copies.

The Year 2 stuff is nice but they absolutely botched the pricing.
Yep. You already potentially lose sales as some people wait but then never buy it. But having a bad price after the wait just drives people to go "oh maybe i just won't". So you lose them again.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
on gamepass I launched Hitman 3 and it popped up a bunch of achievements from H1 & H2 levels. I had previously played H1 & H2 on xbox but never bought or played H3 (bought and played on PS5 for the platinum trophy) but it didn't import my save from PS5.

Elusive Targets were all "missed" but it seems to be recycling them every 14 days, next one coming in 14 days. So thats cool, I guess? Also an ET arcade mode I didn't explore.

So for xbox gamepass owners its pretty much just Hitman 3 with the base H1 & H2 levels built in now, none of the DLCs seem included and you can buy them.

rare

Oct 25, 2017
What's wrong with the regional pricing for steam?? It's higher than it was on epic.

ComradeYork

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah this ain't launching for me on the Xbox app.

Did the first time, but then I closed it to try and hop into VR and now it just does nothing once I hit play.

Oct 25, 2017
Absolute bargain :P

IyvP6Vz.png

smocaine

Oct 30, 2019
Ah what, Trilogy doesn't include DLC? Plus I'm gonna have to restart progression on GamePass as I can't cba to transfer saves from 1/2 on Steam, if that's even an option...
Why does everything surrounding this game have to be so poor.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom
This Elusive Target Arcade is absolute dogshit. You have dumb escalation conditions on top of the contract (I'm one of the few people who like escalations, but this should be optional) and the suits aren't unlockable despite the missions being harder than regular ETs.

I completed the first stage of one (not very well since a guard saw a body hidden deep within a bush from across the map...but I still managed it) only to be told I had failed and will be locked out. Tried to start the second one only to be told it's "not available anymore". Went back to the menu and now I'm locked out of all three contracts. What the actual fuck.

Snake Eater

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Doesn't matter which order to play the hitman games? I was thinking of just starting off with hitman 3

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
It seems like this may have native oculus support as well as I didn't need to load steamvr to enable VR in the Epic version

PinkCrayon

Oct 25, 2017
IOI just haven't learned anything from past releases have they? The trilogy release should have consolidated the content, not expanded it. Also the pricing is a joke, guess I'll wait a bit longer.

Oct 26, 2017
Question about Hitman 2 DLC content since the list is a bit overwhelming -

I only completed the base version of Hitman 2 when it came out and never played any DLC maps, but did eventually purchase the gold upgrade.

If I only want to add the DLC maps that weren't part of base Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, which DLCs should I download? At a glance it looks like it might be just Haven Island, New York, and Siberia?

Also not sure what the Special Assignments Pack 1/2 are and if they're relevant. Only interested in the actual maps themselves and not new missions/targets on those maps.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
This Elusive Target Arcade is absolute dogshit. You have dumb escalation conditions on top of the contract (I'm one of the few people who like escalations, but this should be optional) and the suits aren't unlockable despite the missions being harder than regular ETs.

I completed the first stage of one (not very well since a guard saw a body hidden deep within a bush from across the map...but I still managed it) only to be told I had failed and will be locked out. Tried to start the second one only to be told it's "not available anymore". Went back to the menu and now I'm locked out of all three contracts. What the actual fuck.

Wait, what? This is stupid. They finally make elusives replayable and...they changed the missions so they aren't just the old elusive missions? I like escalations but yeah escalations with a lock-out time period is a terrible concept because escalations you fail a ton of times by stupid stuff and just repeat it over and over until you get it.

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Doesn't matter which order to play the hitman games? I was thinking of just starting off with hitman 3
There is an overarching story that ties everything together. That said, you can also just play individual missions as you please.
If you haven't played any of them before, I see no reason not to start at the beginning though. Some great maps in ever game.

OP
OP
Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Question about Hitman 2 DLC content since the list is a bit overwhelming -

I only completed the base version of Hitman 2 when it came out and never played any DLC maps, but did eventually purchase the gold upgrade.

If I only want to add the DLC maps that weren't part of base Hitman 2 to Hitman 3, which DLCs should I download? At a glance it looks like it might be just Haven Island, New York, and Siberia?

Also not sure what the Special Assignments Pack 1/2 are and if they're relevant. Only interested in the actual maps themselves and not new missions/targets on those maps.
It's just New York and Haven Island. Siberia and another map are for the sniper mode.

SaberVS7

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, I need some clarification

If all I have is the Base Games of Hitman 1 and 2 (Their non-DLC episodes), what would I need to buy to have "everything"?

There's way too many Editions put on the store for me to safely decipher while I'm busy working.

OP
OP
Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, I need some clarification

If all I have is the Base Games of Hitman 1 and 2, what would I need to buy to have "everything"?

There's way too many Editions put on the store for me to safely decipher while I'm busy working.
Hitman 3, the GOTY upgrade for Hitman 1 and the Gold upgrade for Hitman 2.

edit: H2 dlc might be called expansion pack

SlickVic

Oct 27, 2017
USA
Wasn't expecting it, but was kind of hoping the Game Pass version had all the DLC from the first 2 games. I think I have Hitman 1 and 2 with the DLC on Steam imported into 3 on EGS, but haven't played any of them yet lol. I'm guessing it'll probably look better on Series X than my current PC, but guess I'll just stick to PC for when I play it.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
So I just read up on all the details of the new elusive arcade and seriously what the hell is wrong with IOI. They have a fantastic game and all these great elusive missions that were time-limited and they use them to make a mode that is linear locked and will only appeal to the 1% top experts of their fanbase who want the added challenge and will turn off 99% of everyone else after a couple tries. What a mess.

Not sure what kind of hopes I have for the rogue mode if this is what they think players want. Seems like they completely misread the room on elusives.

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
I just want to be sure I'm doing it right, since Hitman 3 is downloading right now on steam, I need to do the progression thing on IOI account to move my Hitman 2 progress to Hitman 3 on Steam and how do I get the levels themselves? On Hitman 3's store page those DLCs appear as purchasable for me, not free or stuff I already own, will they unlock once I push my progress on there?

OP
OP
Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I just want to be sure I'm doing it right, since Hitman 3 is downloading right now on steam, I need to do the progression thing on IOI account to move my Hitman 2 progress to Hitman 3 on Steam and how do I get the levels themselves? On Hitman 3's store page those DLCs appear as purchasable for me, not free or stuff I already own, will they unlock once I push my progress on there?
The levels are auto gifted, you don't have to do anything. Maybe you'll need to have your IOI account in the games, but that I don't know.

this is their guide BTW: https://ioisupport.zendesk.com/hc/e...6477--PC-Access-Pass-Guide-Location-Importing
If you want to import locations from HITMAN 2 on Steam to HITMAN 3 on Steam, you do notneed to use this process. Instead, locations will be carried over 'automatically' based on your Steam entitlements.

sanityislost

Oct 21, 2021
I cant even get it to run on game pass PC, checked for windows and driver updates. Even downloaded the game a second time but still no luck

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I've also dabbled with it but so far it seems like I would rather play without VR. It doesn't look or run too well in VR, it feels like they are halfway there with the controls. Gripping is nice, but I can't even crouch through crouching irl so I play seated. Hands are rarely used outside of weapons. You basically interact with doors and interactibles around the world through buttons. Since you can't teleport you have to rely on the degree turn on the right analog stick. Pressing the left analog stick is used for re-centering the screen and... running, so each time you run, you also recenter the screen. And the tutorial didn't work for me so I might not be entirely accurate here - accidentally skipped it after I got stuck with the second command on screen and now I can't find it again.

Edit: If performance is solid for you, what settings are you using?

I started out with the basic preset but was able to bump it to high without noticeable performance drop. I'm not at my computer RN but IIRC it defaulted to ultra textures. Also I noticed the resolution couldn't be changed beyond the flat screen displays native so I had to switch to my 4k tv to bump it beyond 1440p though I'm not sure it really affected the internal resolution in the headset, seemed about the same to my eyes.

Another odd thing I noticed I'm curious if others are seeing, npcs and enemies in the mid to far distance seem to be running at lower frames, though ones closer move smoothly. I haven't seen something like this in any other VR game. Guessing this is something IOI implemented to improve performance?

Also I'm playing through virtual desktop at the highest stream quality setting, with adaptive sharpening at full, capped at 60.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020

Yeah it's whatever.
Honestly wish that IOI just focused on making 2-3 more great maps, instead of all these gimmicky modes and mechanics with mostly rehashed content.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
I own Hitman 1, Hitman 2, and Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack on Steam. If I buy Hitman 3 will that automatically give me all of the levels for Hitman 1 and 2 in H3?