• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Anyone think that we'll be able to transfer our save file from epic store to steam after the exclusivity is done? I was able to do this with my Control save and it worked fine.

Am_I_Evil

Oct 27, 2017
Owned Hitman 1 on PS4, bought whatever the "biggest" version of 2 was on Xbox One...if i wanted to buy 3 on PS5 would it link to my IOI account and see that i've owned both or would it only see that I owned Hitman 1 since that is what I played on a PS device?

uncleniccius

Nov 3, 2017
Owned Hitman 1 on PS4, bought whatever the "biggest" version of 2 was on Xbox One...if i wanted to buy 3 on PS5 would it link to my IOI account and see that i've owned both or would it only see that I owned Hitman 1 since that is what I played on a PS device?
It will only be per platform so i assume only hitman 1.

There will be a pack you can buy for 2.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
God, playing this on PS5 would be sweet, but all my unlocks are on PC.

ThereAre4Lights

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I bought H2 Gold on a sale on XB1X last November and I still haven't played it. I also don't own a Series X, so I guess I'm waiting longer to play it.

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman is on the shortlist of my favorite franchises, I'm so glad IOI is alive and kicking. When 3 comes out I think I'll replay the first two.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Last thing I am waiting for them to detail before buying is how VR works. Hoping VR works in the PS5 version as needing both the files for PS4 & PS5 on the console would take up a ton of space.

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
Really wish I didn't have to wait a year for the game on Steam. Also wait ???? amount of time for the VR version on PC. So much exclusivity shit surrounding this game, all of which fucks the PC version.

Protmind

Oct 27, 2017
I bought Hitman 1 as episodes on the PS4. Now I can't seem to find them in the store to redownload. Has anyone played these in the PS5?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
What does this mean? What's "blockchain management"?
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think it's meant to be a joke about Blockchain being the latest technology fad and being misused by marketing people everywhere.

It's also referring to the fact that the concept of Blockchain is that you take the answer from the previous iteration and combine that with a new calculation or process to make a new answer, or block. Then that answer is embedded as part of the next answer. This forms a chain of answers or "blocks".

Hitman is kind of doing that, because they embedded hitman 1 in hitman 2 and now they're taking all of hitman 2 stuff (the levels from 1 and 2) and reembedding them in hitman 3. Forming a Blockchain of hitman games.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
Going off the first CGI trailer's apparent reference to a Hong Kong setting, wonder if this was the original plan during development?

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
Holy shit it looks amazing and the improvements are going to be added to Hitman 1 and 2
200.gif

Oh man, if Hitman 1 and 2 also get Ray Tracing, that would be amazing! That sounds like a lot of extra work though, so even if they just get the rest of the upgrades, that makes me pretty damn excited for Hitman 3. I love the way IO is handling this series.

dgrdsv

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, if Hitman 1 and 2 also get Ray Tracing, that would be amazing! That sounds like a lot of extra work though, so even if they just get the rest of the upgrades, that makes me pretty damn excited for Hitman 3. I love the way IO is handling this series.
This depends on what they will use RT for and how they will add it into the engine. It's possible that H1/2 will get RT as well if it will be an engine level addition which will apply to some part of the rendering pipeline universally.
Note that when they say that H1 and H2 will get these enhancements too it means that the levels from H1 and H2 running inside H3 will get these enhancements, not that the old games will get them. So it's a bit different to how most other games handle these.

BigTnaples

Oct 30, 2017
This depends on what they will use RT for and how they will add it into the engine. It's possible that H1/2 will get RT as well if it will be an engine level addition which will apply to some part of the rendering pipeline universally.
Note that when they say that H1 and H2 will get these enhancements too it means that the levels from H1 and H2 running inside H3 will get these enhancements, not that the old games will get them. So it's a bit different to how most other games handle these.

They aren't adding ray tracing though? Or did I miss something?

I'd love them to add it but it doesn't seem like something that's in yet. They just said 4K/60 HDR.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not 100 percent sure but I think it's meant to be a joke about Blockchain being the latest technology fad and being misused by marketing people everywhere.

It's also referring to the fact that the concept of Blockchain is that you take the answer from the previous iteration and combine that with a new calculation or process to make a new answer, or block. Then that answer is embedded as part of the next answer. This forms a chain of answers or "blocks".

Hitman is kind of doing that, because they embedded hitman 1 in hitman 2 and now they're taking all of hitman 2 stuff (the levels from 1 and 2) and reembedding them in hitman 3. Forming a Blockchain of hitman games.
Thank you

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
As much as I adore Hitman, this just has my mind racing trying to imagine what their James Bond game is going to look like.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
hitman 3 bringing in all the levels from 2 and 1 is nuts. i hope they do more with the Sniper Assassin mode as well. i really loved it.

Plasma

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone think that we'll be able to transfer our save file from epic store to steam after the exclusivity is done? I was able to do this with my Control save and it worked fine.
I wouldn't see why not as long as the save is stored in the same directory that the Steam version is looking for and if it isn't I'd imagine you could just move it.

ANDS

Banned
Jun 25, 2019
I'm sure it was already stated before but glad to hear they are once again going to port in the old levels. I'm STILL working my way through Hitman 1 (finally feel that PARIS and SAPIENZA is in a good enough place to move on) in Hitman 2 (well I did 100% The Finish Line before going back to uncompleted levels in Hitman 1).

Will this have a proper offline mode?

Hitman 1/2 already has a "proper offline mode."

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I wouldn't see why not as long as the save is stored in the same directory that the Steam version is looking for and if it isn't I'd imagine you could just move it.

Control for example, had different file extensions for the save files than the steam version, if I recall correctly, but after some renaming, it all worked.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
Still sad this is timed EGS exclusive :(

Might actually get it on EGS because it looks amazing, but I'm not gonna be happy about it. Fuck Epic.

Jonnax

Oct 26, 2017
Playing quite a bit of Hitman 2 on my ps5. It runs great.

The one thing I hope they fix is the menu speed.
It's like every thing you select causes it to send data to a server and wait for a response.

Loading a save game is painful slow

stn

Oct 28, 2017
As much as I adore Hitman, this just has my mind racing trying to imagine what their James Bond game is going to look like.
IOI is making a James Bond game? Man, where was I when that was announced?

On topic, H3 is gonna be amazing. This mission looks particularly fantastic, gonna pre-order soon.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
giveittomenow.gif

IOI best dev stays winning.

I'm fine waiting until jan 2022 if necessary. Not going to split my collection between libraries.

This isn't really an issue anymore with things like GOG Galaxy where you can link pretty much every PC game storefront library (including Gamepass) into one client. And if you don't want to support CDPR there's other alternatives that do the same.

Arn

Prophet of Truth
Oct 28, 2017
Is it worth playing Hitman 2 now on Series X, or waiting for this update? I guess the update will come out in-line with Hitman 3, so it might be better to play the second one now. I'm sure the Series X enhancements look good.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Is it worth playing Hitman 2 now on Series X, or waiting for this update? I guess the update will come out in-line with Hitman 3, so it might be better to play the second one now. I'm sure the Series X enhancements look good.
Progress will transfer to Hitman 3, so you can start now if you want. Hitman 2 on Series X is pretty good.