• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
I havent been keeping track of io things since this was made an epic exclusive. So if I'm reading this correctly, IO has an account system that will allow me to link my steam Hitman 1 and 2 progress/maps to an Epic games Hitman 3 purchase? Allowing me to have all maps etc in 3?

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I havent been keeping track of io things since this was made an epic exclusive. So if I'm reading this correctly, IO has an account system that will allow me to link my steam Hitman 1 and 2 progress/maps to an Epic games Hitman 3 purchase? Allowing me to have all maps etc in 3?
Correct

knight714

Oct 27, 2017
Buy Hitman GOTY for £10 and Hitman 2 Gold for £16 right now, offer ends in a few days. This will give you every single location (including the expansions) going into Hitman 3 and most content, not all though.

HITMAN™ - Game of the Year Edition

Experiment and have fun in the ultimate playground as Agent 47 to become the master assassin. Travel around the globe to exotic locations and eliminate your targets with everything from a katana or a sniper rifle to an exploding golf ball or some expired spaghetti sauce. The HITMAN - Game of...

HITMAN™ 2 - Gold Edition

Travel the globe and track your targets across exotic sandbox locations in HITMAN™ 2. From sun-drenched streets to dark and dangerous rainforests, nowhere is safe from the worlds most creative assassin, Agent 47. Prepare to experience the ultimate spy thriller story your mission is to...

Amazing, thank you I've just bought them. Incredible value.
Now to hold off until January...

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
I think you have to own them digitally as well
Nope, you can do this even if you have the disc, you just have to install it to your console (assuming IO handle this exactly as they did in Hitman 2)

Amazing, thank you I've just bought them. Incredible value.
Now to hold off until January...
Awesome

The missing content isn't crucial or anything by the way, it's just some cosmetic suits which were rewards for completeing these timed elusive target contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if IO reactivate these again at some point so you can go back and get them done.

latest

ET_Rewards_Overview.png

Hey Please

Avenger
Oct 31, 2017
Not America
I became obsessed with the franchise- best multi-tiered, multi-outcome puzzle game to date I had played. Then, in the Mumbai level in H2, I suddenly dropped it cold turkey.

I really need to go back and finish it up.

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Aight. Final question. Just realized I dont have the expansion pass for 2. Is it worth getting on sale? I love the sniper assassin game they had on mobile(pass has two SA maps). Are those maps like the ones on mobile with the challenges and stuff? Think I bought the hitman games on launch day just to support io lol.

Formanovo

May 10, 2018
Denmark
Aight. Final question. Just realized I dont have the expansion pass for 2. Is it worth getting on sale? I love the sniper assassin game they had on mobile(pass has two SA maps). Are those maps like the ones on mobile with the challenges and stuff? Think I bought the hitman games on launch day just to support io lol.
Yes they are! If you like the mobile sniper gameplay this should be right up your alley :)

OP
OP
vestan

vestan

#REFANTAZIO SWEEP
Dec 28, 2017
Expansion Pass is worth it purely for the two new locations, Bank and Haven Island which come with some great unlocks like Sieker 1 (dart gun which makes people sick) and the remote flash device. I kinda didn't bother with Sniper Assassin so I can't really comment. The maps look cool though.

Cool, but can we atleast have actual cutscenes (2016) instead of slideshow cutscenes like in 2?
Lol, not happening without Square-Enix backing unfortunately. Those Visual Works cutscenes don't come cheap.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
I really like IO's policy of enhancing the previous games - effectively for free - if you own them and buy the new game. Really cool that they're doing that again.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 3!?
In 4k 60 HDR!?!?
With ALL previous locations!?!?!?!? *falls backwards off chair*

My body and mind just aren't ready for that much glorious hitman!

EzekelRAGE

Nov 3, 2017
Yes they are! If you like the mobile sniper gameplay this should be right up your alley :)
Expansion Pass is worth it purely for the two new locations, Bank and Haven Island which come with some great unlocks like Sieker 1 (dart gun which makes people sick) and the remote flash device. I kinda didn't bother with Sniper Assassin so I can't really comment. The maps look cool though.

Lol, not happening without Square-Enix backing unfortunately. Those Visual Works cutscenes don't come cheap.
Alright thanks! Will add it to my wishlist and see if I can catch it on sale before 3 drops.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
So I seem to have bought Hotmail 2 at some point, and seem to have got Hitman 1 for free via GWG. Will I still get the Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 3, even though I got it via GWG?

Sorry if that sounds silly.

Deleted member 64666

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 20, 2020
Hitman 1-2 on PS4 Pro already looked amazing, and they somehow pushed that even further with the 3rd installment. Crazy. And to think this studio is independent....! IOI won.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Cant wait. I had Hitman 1 and 2 installed on my Ps4 from launch day until the ps5 arrived. Wonder what the upgrade process will be this time. I still have the disc for Hitman 2 but can't remember where I have the original or if it was a downloaded copy.

Have they said anything about getting the levels across if you owned one digitally and the other physically?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I feel like this trilogy is gonna go down as one of the GOATs

TΛPIVVΛ

Nov 12, 2017
that looks amazing! well looks like i should go through the first season as i realised i claimed it on ps plus last year any idea how it runs on ps5 the first season?

Eamon

Prophet of Truth
Apr 22, 2020
I think Hitman 3 will be the game I buy a next gen console for - IOI are just remarkable developers

xianren

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Why cant they just release a complete edition with all 3 games on disk??? Why do I have to download the other 2 games which are likely going to be well over 120 gigs combined....Makes no sense.. Not everybody is on uncapped internet.

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I think i have Hitman one, what would be the best option for me to buy 2+3. Which options are avaiable?

Acquiesc3

Oct 30, 2017
Actual cutscenes cost a lot of money.

They better use their limited resources for gameplay and levels.

I'm aware of that.

But the "gameplay and levels" of 2 weren't such a huge improvement that I went like "gee I'm so glad we got slideshows cause these levels are SO much better"

Hell no.

And I'm actually invested in the story.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
So I seem to have bought Hotmail 2 at some point, and seem to have got Hitman 1 for free via GWG. Will I still get the Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 3, even though I got it via GWG?

Sorry if that sounds silly.
assuming you can get the levels to run in Hotmail then yes!

There were some weird issues for some people redeeming Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2. As a test I would load up Hitman 2 and/or see if you can access the Hitman 2 "legacy" pack which basically gives you the Hitman 1 levels but repackaged in the right format to work in the Hitman 2 engine.

if that works, then you really should be sorted for when 3 comes out.

JediTimeBoy

Oct 27, 2017
assuming you can get the levels to run in Hotmail then yes!

There were some weird issues for some people redeeming Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2. As a test I would load up Hitman 2 and/or see if you can access the Hitman 2 "legacy" pack which basically gives you the Hitman 1 levels but repackaged in the right format to work in the Hitman 2 engine.

if that works, then you really should be sorted for when 3 comes out.

Cool, thanks, I'll give it a go!

KepperC

Jul 17, 2020
This is how you support your games(and customers),constantly updating the previous games to keep them in line with the latest tech is fantastic.Bravo IOI!
They're able to do this because the game is proof of concept for integrating blockchain management into a game, so has lot of investment specifically in post-game content to ensure people come back. The thing uses Hoard to tokenise every action in the game.

JohnDusk

Oct 24, 2018
Cool, I was in Chongqing twice. The last time in 2011. Such a cool city. Looking forward to play in this location. Even if the depiction is not accurate, I'm not going to notice.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
Nope, you can do this even if you have the disc, you just have to install it to your console (assuming IO handle this exactly as they did in Hitman 2)

Awesome

The missing content isn't crucial or anything by the way, it's just some cosmetic suits which were rewards for completeing these timed elusive target contracts. I wouldn't be surprised if IO reactivate these again at some point so you can go back and get them done.

latest

ET_Rewards_Overview.png

That's good to know. I had the disc around launch and it wouldn't convert for whatever reason so maybe that was user error on my part

Son of Liberty

Production
Verified
Nov 5, 2017
California
Really excited for this, I re-bought both Hitman 1 and 2 during the PSN Black Friday sale just so I can have all the games in one.
The eventual Hitman Trilogy collection will be such a steal for newcomers.