• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
What are the best missions from this list? These are the ones I've yet to play. I probably won't be able to play them all before 3 comes so I want to prioritise.

1:
Bangkok
Hokkaido

2:
Isle of Sgail
New York
Maldives

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
What are the best missions from this list? These are the ones I've yet to play. I probably won't be able to play them all before 3 comes so I want to prioritise.

1:
Bangkok
Hokkaido

2:
Isle of Sgail
New York
Maldives
Hokkaido is incredible, then Isle of Sgail, though the later partly works so well as a cap on Hitman 2's base story.

Bangkok is still good, though it's skippable relative to the others. New York is a relatively small mission. All missions are highly repeatable though, each with unique features, so there are no outright bad ones.

coldsagging

Oct 27, 2017
Hokkaido is incredible, then Isle of Sgail, though the later partly works so well as a cap on Hitman 2's base story.

Bangkok is still good, though it's skippable relative to the others. New York is a relatively small mission. All missions are highly repeatable though, each with unique features, so there are no outright bad ones.
Yeah I've heard great things about Hokkaido I've just never got around to it. I play most of the levels to death hence there's a few I've not even touched 😅Thanks.

Hero_Select

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Perfect timing because I just picked up Hitman 2 :D

VSQukPm.jpg

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017

1:
Bangkok
Hokkaido

2:
Isle of Sgail
New York
Maldives

I really like the Bangkok, New York and Maldives from that list. All very real places

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017

1:
Bangkok
Hokkaido

2:
Isle of Sgail
New York
Maldives

out of that list, Hokkaido, Bangkok, and the Maldives are my favorite. They're all quite good though.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can I get examples? IOI would be basically pulling across whole game licenses.
They're not, though. It's basically DLC. It's not like I'd suddenly 'own' hitman 2 on ps4, I'd just own hitman 3 that knows I own hitman 2 somewhere.

Examples are any crossprogression game with microtransactions, of which there are now plenty. Fortnite, every ubisoft game, etc. Nobody is asking for Cross buy - if I buy HM3 on ps5, I don't expect to own it on Epic or Xbox, just for the unlock to be based on ioi account

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
They're not, though. It's basically DLC. It's not like I'd suddenly 'own' hitman 2 on ps4, I'd just own hitman 3 that knows I own hitman 2 somewhere.

Examples are any crossprogression game with microtransactions, of which there are now plenty. Fortnite, every ubisoft game, etc. Nobody is asking for Cross buy - if I buy HM3 on ps5, I don't expect to own it on Epic or Xbox, just for the unlock to be based on ioi account
But that's not just content which I would also say is highly dependent on how big the game is and if they can force MS and Sony's hand. This is a check to see if you own a game on a different platform. MS and Sony don't want users buying a game on a different platform just because it is on sale or something in order to get the "DLC" you speak of.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
But that's not just content which I would also say is highly dependent on how big the game is and if they can force MS and Sony's hand. This is a check to see if you own a game on a different platform. MS and Sony don't want users buying a game on a different platform just because it is on sale or something in order to get the "DLC" you speak of.
That's right, it's just a check if you own content, which is exactly what DLC is as well. Hitman 1 and 2 have been free on both platforms before.

Joule

Nov 19, 2017
I read a thread on reddit that all 3 games are going to be less than 100gbs (including the new Hitman 3). But right now just Hitman and Hitman 2 take over 200 gbs according to some comments.

How the fuck? I'll believe it when I see it

Shadowrun

Oct 26, 2017
It's final mission might have the coolest gimmick in the series

absolutely play through it, even just to get to the fourth and final mission

Sold! Gonna start it tonight. Played thru 1 & 2 but never touched PZ.

I read a thread on reddit that all 3 games are going to be less than 100gbs (including the new Hitman 3). But right now just Hitman and Hitman 2 take over 200 gbs according to some comments.

How the fuck? I'll believe it when I see it

ERA > Internet/Reddit > ERA

A dev that posts here is the one who confirmed the file size for all three would be under 100gb. He said it was do to a lot of optimization, removing of duplicate data, etc.

Actually, here's the post:

Sort of. Biggest wins are because of data management and file structures and how we deliver the game so we could remove duplicate data. We also use newer and better compression for textures - that helps too.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I played the Hitman 2 demo and loved it. Its it okay to skip the 1st game and jump into the 2nd? Whats the best way to start? Also the HDR is really well done!
Play Hitman 2016 in the Hitman 2 engine, which you can do without buying the whole of Hitman 2 .
You can get it for like $10 on most platforms .

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Can I get examples? IOI would be basically pulling across whole game licenses.
are we talking about cross save? because it's in both AC and Immortals right now.

Or are you talking about pulling Hitman 1 and 2 saves from PS4/5 into Xbox and vice versa? Either way, if they track progression server side on their end I don't see why it wouldn't work.

EvilBoris

Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Can I jump around the missions? I think I did the first 5 of 6 in Hitman 1.

I guess I always struggle with replaying it :( Any tips?
Yeah, each level is it's own thing, the only reason the story really exists is to send you to another part of the world to kill someone in a particular environment.
As for tips for replaying?
For me there is an element of ticking things off the lists , I'd start by playing each map and doing the mission stories , so you can see the main "plot" of each map and get a good grounding of some of the more developer constructed assasinations.

I think they were called opportunities in H16, but they renamed it to make it clearer what these were.
Those also act as almost a tutorial for each map, so you know where key areas are, where characters might go , Howe to access certain places and perform specific kills.
Each map has 3 or so of these.

Last edited:

Admiral Woofington

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hitman has been knocking it out of that park since that amazing David Fincher-esque E3 trailer with the engrossing audio/music/visual sync. It's so good to see the series revitalized after I almost gave up on it after Absolution

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
are we talking about cross save? because it's in both AC and Immortals right now.

Or are you talking about pulling Hitman 1 and 2 saves from PS4/5 into Xbox and vice versa? Either way, if they track progression server side on their end I don't see why it wouldn't work.
Neither. We are talking about pulling in licenses whole cloth to give access to content that you haven't purchased on said platform. Very doable from a technical perspective but highly unlikely the platform holders allow IO to do it if they wanted to.

Teamocil

Oct 25, 2017
Neither. We are talking about pulling in licenses whole cloth to give access to content that you haven't purchased on said platform. Very doable from a technical perspective but highly unlikely the platform holders allow IO to do it if they wanted to.
ahh gotcha, I'm tracking now.

Like you said, it's definitely possible. Fortnite does this (I bought both the GOW and MC skins on my PS5 but played with them on XSX) so it would be cool to see IOI do it too, but since this isn't the same kind of content I feel like they won't :/

Hitcher

Dec 23, 2018
Sort of. Biggest wins are because of data management and file structures and how we deliver the game so we could remove duplicate data. We also use newer and better compression for textures - that helps too.
I'm guessing not otherwise I'm sure you would have mentioned it but can levels be installed/uninstalled separately so if you've 100%'d a level it can be removed?

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
Gotcha. It seems like the story is not something to care about and it's the gameplay that matters? I am just seeing if I can jump in with this one.
I'd recommend buying Hitman 1 and 2 whenever they go on sale. If you do that, you'll be able to play all the maps from those two games within Hitman 3 using improvements from its new engine. It's the perfect way to "jump in" rather than skipping right to H3, and you can find the first two games pretty cheap (Hitman 1 GOTY Edition is currenty on sale for $12 on the PS Store, for example).

I think you may even be able to play some of the levels from Hitman 1 and/or 2 for free via a demo. That may be the smartest way to dip your toes into the gameplay of this trilogy if you're budget conscious and unsure how much you'll enjoy the games.

sheaaaa

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
re the accents - it would be strange if Hitman 3 regressed to all American, because Hitman 2's Mumbai level is almost entirely in Indian-accented English.

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
So hyped, Hitman is hands down my favorite series. Still salty about the VR exclusivity of this on PSVR though, I got one but no way I'm going back to that low res screen, also Hitman will always be a series best played with M+KB. I've been doing it that way since Contracts first came out. I'm sure I'll get plenty of gyro comments but I'm old and not about to learn that shit.

With any luck the 3d Vision community will figure out a way to get this running in sbs 3d on PC, I've recently been playing through Hitman 2016 and 2 using HelixVision and its been a thrill. The npc density and micro detail IO puts into their maps just comes to life in VR.

Axe

Oct 27, 2017
United Kingdom

1:
Bangkok
Hokkaido

2:
Isle of Sgail
New York
Maldives
They're all good, but Hokkaido and Sgail are much more layered and intricate in design than the others.

Everyone loves the sprawling open maps, but the more intimate, vertical levels flow better with Hitman's style of gameplay IMO.

Is Patient Zero good? I feel like no one ever talks about it.
It's pretty decent. The sniper map is arguably the best of the lot of them, and the final mission is unique and particularly punishing if you eshew an SA approach. There's a timed mission in Sapienza too, so there's some variety there.

Last edited:

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
I can't wait to hear all the goofy NPC dialogue they've come up with, those are always the highlight.

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
i am super hyped, already preordered digital deluxe on PS5 (20% off!). i actually bought hitman 2 gold on PSN last week ($20) and am replaying through the both H1 & H2 levels, with the goal of just completing each level and maybe a few challenges along the way, and then importing those stats/completions/etc into Hitman 3 so I can fuck around with the full entire sandbox at whim. I already 100%'d H1 & H2 on xbox at release, but I like the dualsense controller a little more this go around. The game is huge, its like 121 gigs installed on my PS5, I think I'll have to delete it to get Hitman 3 lol

One funny thing about H1 & H2 I didn't realize, the PSN version doesn't have a platinum trophy but episodically gives regular trophies for each level. Tons of trophies, but no platinum is kinda weird. Hope there is a platinum for H3.

OP
OP
gachapin

gachapin

Oct 25, 2017
Tokyo
So far, only the PC version's gameplay are available. It would be great IOI officially shows us this gen and last gen comparison beforehand, especially loading times.

A. D. Skinner

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
I just want to know actual info on why I should get the deluxe edition. Tell me the difference between these escalations!