• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

KyngKee

Oct 25, 2017
Disappointed that the move controllers aren't supported, but still think I might get this on PS5...

Majik13

Oct 27, 2017
Been avoiding watching anything on this game since I am playing most VR content on Quest now, but damn looks cool. Would really rather play this Quest/PCVR though, or PSVR2 in the future.

f0rk

Oct 25, 2017
This trailer has a bit too much gunplay and not enough throwing bricks in people's face.

Darryl M R

The Spectacular PlayStation-Man
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not port begging, but I am trying to understand which platform to purchase on. Is there a chance that this will come to VR on PC? Because if not, I may just want to buy this on PS5 for hopefully a future update to take advantage of the PS5 power.

Crumrin

Banned
Feb 27, 2020
I hope I'm not setting the bar too high but man... this looks like it's gonna be one of the best VR games ever created! I mean, it looks amazing, plus you can play the whole trilogy in VR - it's crazy!

My PSVR adapter for PS5 arrived yesterday. I'm all set! \o/

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
I hope I'm not setting the bar too high but man... this looks like it's gonna be one of the best VR games ever created! I mean, it looks amazing, plus you can play the whole trilogy in VR - it's crazy!

My PSVR adapter for PS5 arrived yesterday. I'm all set! \o/

If they pull this off, it will be one of if not the greatest VR game ever made. There's just so much content here it's insane.

By the way my PSVR adapter actually came in before my PS5, so I hooked it up day one but have yet to try it due to Genshin Impact, Miles Morales, etc. I've been looking for a reason to try it out and I can't think of a better one.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I've practically retired my PSVR altogether so I suppose I'll just hold out hope that the PC version eventually gets VR support. Still looks utterly fantastic though.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
If you get the ps4 version of Hitman 3, you will get a free upgrade to the ps5 version.

If you get the ps5 version, you will get a free key to the ps4 version, so that you can still play it in VR.

Edit: the game is playable in VR on the ps5, using an adapter and the DualShock

Anyway, all three games installed will take well under 100gb of disk space. We could do this thanks to new compression tech as well as a new delivery method :)
Thank you for clarifying. Looking forward to Hitman 3!

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
It seems crazy to me that Sony would let this game come out without updated sticks. These are the type of decisions that make people think they're sleep at the wheel.

I love VR and want to play this bad, but they're still selling those shitty PS3 sticks. 😒 sucks.
If you get the ps4 version of Hitman 3, you will get a free upgrade to the ps5 version.

If you get the ps5 version, you will get a free key to the ps4 version, so that you can still play it in VR.

Anyway, all three games installed will take well under 100gb of disk space. We could do this thanks to new compression tech as well as a new delivery method :)
Another note to add is the PS5 adapter comes with the new versions of PSVR already in the box; the Iron Man bundle. (Or supposed to anyway).

ty_hot

Banned
Dec 14, 2017
Better to play with controller than the Move for sure, no idea who the fuck decided those button placements in the move, not to say the lack of a stick...

Rosol

Oct 29, 2017
While we know there's not a PS5 'version' with PSVR that doesn't mean they can't set a PS5 enhanced mode (like blood and truth) with the PS4/PSVR version. I wish I could get clarification on the more recent titles if they're actually running an enhanced PS5 mode with the PS4 version.

Masterspeed

Oct 25, 2017
England
How the hell did they manage that? It doesn't look like a game that has VR tacked on, it looks like it was built for VR. I trust those devs with my wallet forever.

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
It seems crazy to me that Sony would let this game come out without updated sticks. These are the type of decisions that make people think they're sleep at the wheel.

I love VR and want to play this bad, but they're still selling those shitty PS3 sticks. 😒 sucks.

That's irrelevant because this game is DualShock-only and makes no use of the Moves. Now it's certainly possible that if PSVR2 was out with updated motion controllers they would have made use of them, but that's just conjecture as we don't know all the other factors involved in a decision like that (cost, development, etc.).

NLCPRESIDENT

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
That's irrelevant because this game is DualShock-only and makes no use of the Moves. Now it's certainly possible that if PSVR2 was out with updated motion controllers they would have made use of them, but that's just conjecture as we don't know all the other factors involved in a decision like that (cost, development, etc.).
😳

Didn't know this was DualShock only. I got the sense from the trailer it would use the sticks, with the way he's shooting and what not..

Still gonna buy and play it, but really wish they'd update the sticks already.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Doing some of those actions with a controller is going to feel super shitty. I don't know why it just doesn't let us use the move controllers?

I'm interested in trying it regardless. But Jesus Christ this is shitty implementation.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Looks absolutely amazing. I don't have a PSVR but might try to snatch one for a week or two just to try this.

1pOEnW.gif

Looks so fun.

Filipus

Prophet of Regret
Avenger
Dec 7, 2017
Doing some of those actions with a controller is going to feel super shitty. I don't know why it just doesn't let us use the move controllers?

I'm interested in trying it regardless. But Jesus Christ this is shitty implementation.
'O what, I totally missed this part. The entire trailer makes it seem like you are using move controllers... So basically you are just playing in first person through the normal game? And all the controls are the same as original hitman?

dex3108

Oct 26, 2017
'O what, I totally missed this part. The entire trailer makes it seem like you are using move controllers... So basically you are just playing in first person through the normal game? And all the controls are the same as original hitman?

They are not the same if i remember correctly from some video they released. But overall that video was kinda misleading.

Hale-XF11

Dec 8, 2017
I'm so freaking stoked for this. All the time I've been playing Cyberpunk, I keep wishing I was playing it in VR, but I think Hitman 3 is going to reaaaally scratch that itch for me since the gameplay seems similar in a lot of respects. :)

julkanvi

Sep 14, 2020
Looks totally awesome, hope that PSVR2 is not too far away or at least that they release a PC VR version.

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017

Not quite that basic. You'll still have direct gyro 3D movement of items and weapons. But you'll just be doing it with a controller...it's like if you had your hands bound and interacted with items in the real world. Like, sure you can do it but it's a bit awkward compared to 2 free hands.

Like...I imagine you'll be doing some weird and uncomfortable motions to achieve some of the stuff in this trailer

Spoit

Oct 28, 2017
I'm really confused about how they're doing stuff like shooting around covers and tapping shoulders with the dualshocks

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
Wonder if they allow lock on for throwing items in VR, some tricky situations require the snap and lock on for a quick reflex throw.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
The tap on the shoulder, lol. This looks great.

I think I'm going to set up my PS4 as a dedicated PSVR station somewhere, might finally use it a bit more that way.

Moara

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
PSVR is lacking in so many ways these days that it's hard to see it not letting down a game like this. Hopefully it's just another timed exclusive.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017

It'll be because the Move controllers don't have thumbsticks so there's no good solution for actually moving 47 around. Teleporting or holding the Move button probably doesn't work well with the mechanics they have in place. It's a shame that Sony never really bothered to update the Move controllers to have both hand tracking and some sort of thumbstick for movement.

I wonder if they could get the Aim controller working though.

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017

Just to get this straight before I figure out which copy to pre-order...

Does buying the PS5 version, the PS4 key, would that be able to install on a PS4 Pro or nah? (since it's in the library)

Cause my original plan was to buy the PS4 version so I could do VR and not install the game twice on PS5.

Logistically at that point it should be in your library and shouldn't matter which system it's being installed on, but maybe you've got some dev magic to prevent that (which I totally understand)

I only bring it up because of the current PS5 bug where leaving a PS4 disc in the drive will keep trying to install the PS4 version.

edit: I see this was already addressed, sorry bout that

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
It'll be because the Move controllers don't have thumbsticks so there's no good solution for actually moving 47 around. Teleporting or holding the Move button probably doesn't work well with the mechanics they have in place. It's a shame that Sony never really bothered to update the Move controllers to have both hand tracking and some sort of thumbstick for movement.

I wonder if they could get the Aim controller working though.

If skyrim and no man's sky can get it working I'm sure hitman could have. Thumb sticks would have been ideal obviously but we don't have that luxury. Why Sony didn't ever let us use the navigation controller for games like this is beyond me. But I don't see why the no man's sky system wouldn't work...teleporting wouldn't since it would break the whole gameplay if you can just teleport around. But button "acceleration" with full duel hand VR control is better than what they've opted for here imo.

I hope it gets patched in tbh.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I'm hella tempted to grab a PSVR to play this . But I may hang on for a PC version instead.

looks so good

Fall Damage

Oct 31, 2017
I've never played a Hitman game but this looks really fun. If it makes its way to PCVR with hand tracking I'll be ready.

Jawmuncher

Crisis Dino
Oct 25, 2017
Ibis Island
Still going to get this on Xbox (Since that's where all my Hitman content is) but will likely buy it again later down the line just for the VR stuff.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
*looks at oculus quest*

😭😭😭😭

I'm really going own two VR headsets soon...