• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dennis8K

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like I have three more games to go on the backlog *sigh*

Hitman 3
Hitman 2
Hitman (2016)

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
giphy.gif

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
The problem is that these elements are cool on the first run but annoying later on. And since hitman is super replayable, that is a problem. We'll see how they handled this in Hitman 3.
Yep. Sapienza was so much fun to explore but having to destroy the Virus every single time was just a chore.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Any comparisons of PC to ps5?
Still deciding where to get it

Cactuar

Banned
Nov 30, 2018
Here are some impressions on the PSVR mode, which isn't perfect but is impressive given the limitations of Sony's headset these days:

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202..._timely_reminder_of_the_technologys_potential

Video is premiering now too:

Excellent! Loving these VR impressions! Can't wait to put the headset on and jump into all of these!

I am so freakin' happy, absolutely floored!

Sounds like you should be. Congrats!

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Great reviews, I'm glad they simplified how the releases work. I know I own a bunch of levels of 1 but can't find them on PSN. Goty edition includes season 1, does that mean there's a season 2? All pretty confusing. Is 2 as bad or more straight forward?
Hitman 2 wasn't episodic. It had all its levels in a single package at launch, then got two more as DLC.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I watched a few of the reviews and the game is looking great. The PS5 reviews look solid, no need to cancel my PSN pre-order.

I do wonder if Quick Resume on the Xbox Series consoles will work with this title as I can see the "always online" screwing that up. If QR is working, I may quickly switch over and get Hitman III for my Xbox Series consoles.

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Hype!!

I'm so pumped for people who will jump in for the first time on the presumed trilogy pack, that's Orange Box levels of content

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
Hell yessss, sounds phenominal. Honestly impressive that they seemed to have made a better game than the first 2. Hitman 2 especially is such a high water mark

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
Thanks. Just bought 1 goty and 2 gold. Hopefully that has everything. Any word on a Hitman 3 demo so we can play older levels in shiny new graphics or got to buy full version of 3?
As far as I know, there's no demo, you need to buy 3 for its visual upgrades and new features to be retroactively applied to 1 and 2's levels.

No worries though, H1 and 2 are awesome even on their own, you're gonna have a blast.

Waxwing

Jan 25, 2018
I loved the Paris and Sapienza maps. Played them ad nauseum. Really felt like open world James Bond- made perfect sense that they got the license. This game has such terrific level design.

But. I've never gotten much further than that. Playing some of the Morocco and Thailand maps, one thing in particular started to weigh down on me. The biggest thing (and I know that some people don't care as much about this and am glad they can just enjoy!) that breaks immersion for me is the limited voice work. The writing is hilarious, but. In Paris and Sapienza, it was somewhat credible that people were speaking predominantly English. But Morocco and Thailand? Any realism to the setting just evaporated for me, and suddenly I'm looking at naked gameplay mechanisms instead of an immersive world. I imagine Hokkaido would also bother me.

I should probably breeze through the maps where the English is really jarring in the context of the setting? How much of Hitman 2 and Hitman 3 is likely to bother me in this regard?

I'm also hoping their eventual Bond game has a bigger budget and can hire speakers of other languages (or keep the plot in the western world, either way).

Master Chuuster

GamingBolt.com
Verified
Dec 14, 2017
I do wonder if Quick Resume on the Xbox Series consoles will work with this title as I can see the "always online" screwing that up. If QR is working, I may quickly switch over and get Hitman III for my Xbox Series consoles.
It worked fine for me. It would just take a couple of seconds to reconnect to the servers before putting me back into the game.

CrichtonKicks

Oct 25, 2017
Huge credit to IO for being able to announce a release date and deliver on time seemingly without significant technical issues in the age of COVID.

Oleander

Oct 25, 2017
Great to hear how well it's being received. The first hit of 2021! (Pun intended.)

I am in a weird position where I have played enough of the Hitman games to know I like them, but have really only put a couple of hours into the current trilogy. In spite of this, I own all the content in Hitman 1 and Hitman 2, and a PSVR, and a PS5. At the moment, it seems silly to not get the PS5 version and just gorge on three games at native PS5 performance levels.

Yeah, I'm probably pre-purchasing this tonight.

Forkball

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really excited to play the murder mystery level. Seems that the crux of the level isn't necessarily on solving it, but what you do with the information.

Ive been playing more Hitman 2 recently in preparation for this game and I'm always amazed to find areas I've never seen before even after dozens of hours. The trilogy is easily one of the standouts of the PS4/Xbone era.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
No surprises here, another fantastic game. Can't wait to play it... next year.

Damn you Epic exclusivity :(

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Sure wish the IGN and Gamespot (and who knows which others) video reviews didn't spoil who the target is in the Dartmoor mission. Pretty big dick move, all you had to do was not include the five second clip of killing the person.

cLOUDo

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Had been any changes to the UI?
I miss a compass or a marker feature, I get lost very easily lol

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
It worked fine for me. It would just take a couple of seconds to reconnect to the servers before putting me back into the game.
Thanks for the quick response.

Quick Resume is enough for me to switch my order over to the Xbox Series version - I am often interrupted playing games and these long Hitman levels take me forever. Being able to jump in and out is awesome for me and has really changed how I play games.

Jul 24, 2018
How much space does the game require on PS5 if you include the maps from previous titles? I know they said they've worked towards compressing that old content which is cool.