• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Voyevoda

Nov 1, 2017
Paris, France

OP
OP
Patitoloco

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, the Hitman games have always reviewed well, though? The reboot scores are roughly the same as the previous titles with a few exceptions like Absolution and stuff, going by MC and OC anyway
Not because of review scores, because the games have always been well received, but never until this trilogy they were games people played, or recommended more than "this game is good". Like, they came and went.

But with this trilogy, they started to see the value and uniqueness of the games. They bring something to the table that no other game does.

Searsy82

May 13, 2019
Thinking Ill pick this one up. Reviews look really good.

Anyone know what happened to the MS rewards quest for this? It was in the app until a couple days ago, now its MIA. 6000 points for purchasing.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
8/10 on Gamekult

We see it coming, the 1000 point question: "why HITMAN 3 takes 8, when you say it's the best way to discover the series? It is not as good as HITMAN 2? Should I buy HITMAN 2 instead?". No, it's a bit more complicated than that. It loses a small point because of a slightly lighter plot content, and because the additions made with this new episode are slightly less striking than they were when we switched to HITMAN 2. But given its confusing... uh, particular business model, and the fact that each new episode retroactively applies the new features to all previous levels of the trilogy, it's now the perfect entry point for any player wanting to get into the Agent 47 game. They will discover an extremely dense infiltration sandbox, an incredibly modular and demanding title that will adapt to all their desires in terms of challenge and difficulty, and which is now a master in the art of creating memorable atmospheres. A great creator of anecdotes, a sworn enemy of the completionists who are looking for 100% at all costs, and a true "live-service platform" capable of reviving the interest of players for several years, HITMAN 3 puts an end to one of the best trilogies of this generation and even pays itself the luxury of improving its optimization and technique to make it more welcoming. The result is a simply brilliant game, and you would be wrong to deprive yourself of it. Go on, retire, 47, you've earned it.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

Fat4all

Woke up, got a money tag, swears a lot
Oct 25, 2017
here
they got 007, they must have backing from someone or something
they've got a brand sold on their merit, but as someone whose played EVERY bond game, even the decent ones aren't always guaranteed success in sales

I just hope they are given the chance to WOW the world with a top notch spy game in Bond, and that it pays off big for them

I want Hitman (4) to be guaranteed

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, much higher than I was expecting. I thought reviewers kind of slept on the 2018 title.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
If I like dishonored will I probably like this?

They're very different so hard to say. Hitman focuses more on replayability but it is similar in terms of learning the intricacies of the levels and mechanics and how those might apply to taking out the targets in new and varied ways.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't make a difference to me, but glad IOI are getting the recognition they deserve.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Here are some impressions on the PSVR mode, which isn't perfect but is impressive given the limitations of Sony's headset these days:

Virtual reality sure has its fair share of jank – and PSVR, with its tiring technology, is the biggest example of that right now – but even with all of the shortcomings, Hitman 3 still manages to immerse in a way that's seldom seen. IO Interactive deserves real credit for what it's achieved here.

https://www.pushsquare.com/news/202..._timely_reminder_of_the_technologys_potential

Video is premiering now too:

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Funny to think my probable GOTY is coming out in January lol

Never doubted IOI

Atolm

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a proper send-off (for now) for the series. Excited to see Io's work with the Bond franchise.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I would hope a number of factors here would make Hitman 3 the sales success the other two weren't

Very strong word of mouth, especially that Danny O'Dwyer documentary series.
The package is complete now and you can buy all 18/20 missions for only slightly more than Hitman 3 by itself.
Fairly meager offering from next gen so far.

Speaking as a lapsed Hitman fan who loved Silent Assassin and Blood Money but thought Absolution was a lurch in the wrong direction I shamefully passed by 2016 after only buying the Paris stage cause I found the business model too confusing. Also the whole offline/online save thing and the server issues during launch put me way off. But I got back into 2016 this year and I'd say it's one of the generation's standouts, but ideally the version of the game we get to recommend to people will be the inevitable 'World of Assassination' package whenever that comes

Euler007

Jan 10, 2018
For someone that has never played a hitman game, would playing 3 first and then the maps from the first two games be a good idea, or better to play the other games first?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
is there any point in playing H1 or H2 before this?
Yes, the levels in those games are still good, and are in no way "replaced" by H3's levels. That said, the optimal move would be to get H1 and H2 because if you own both, then you can play the levels from those games within H3, with updated graphics and more gameplay features.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
What about the story. Will I understand and enjoy it all the same even if I didnt play previous two games?

There's a pretty good recap that explains everything from the outset, but honestly while I enjoyed the plot it's not really the focus anyway. Definitely not a story game.

Ausroachman

Oct 27, 2017
Does this have cgi story cutscenes again? It's a small thing but I couldn't get Into the story as much with hitman 2 with the static hand drawn cutscenes.

Some of the newer dlc missions used cgi so I am hopeful for the same here.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
This sounds like some goty material. Just bought the 2018 game and if I am not tired by the end of it, I will get it.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
For someone that has never played a hitman game, would playing 3 first and then the maps from the first two games be a good idea, or better to play the other games first?
If it's in your budget you may as well buy the access packs for the levels from 1 and 2 and then run through them all in 3.

Azurik

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 5, 2017
Undecided between pc (3090/5900x) and PS5. Hitman is a game I prefer to play on consoles as it's a slow game and doesnt need lots of fps. Need to wait to see how "behind" the console versions are.

Tokio Blues

Sep 14, 2018
Someone please help me with this doubt. Why I have read that Hitman 1 & 2 missions are on this hitman? am i confussed? So.. do I have to buy Hitman 1 and 2?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
What about the story. Will I understand and enjoy it all the same even if I didnt play previous two games?
The story is superfluous. It's there if you want to care, and easily avoided if not. But I would recommend playing the first and second because they're absolutely fantastic games. You can buy the passes or older games to get all levels from both previous games in this.

Soj

Oct 27, 2017
As someone who actually really liked Absolution, I'm excited to hear this game has a little bit of that flavour.

J_Viper

Oct 25, 2017
Great reviews, nice to see another critical success for IO

Any impression for the PS4 Pro version?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Someone please help me with this doubt. Why I have read that Hitman 1 & 2 missions are on this hitman? am i confussed? So.. do I have to buy Hitman 1 and 2?
You can buy or — if you've already bought the games on the same platform before — get the levels for free from Hitman 1 & 2 in Hitman 3.