• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Not exactly - you'll need that disc but only to play Hitman 2 one last time. You will need to open Hitman 2, whether on your PS5 or else on a PS4 if you happen to have it installed there, to redeem 2's Access Pack for 3. After that, you will be able to play the levels in 3, no disc required.
Are we sure about that?

edit: eep, misread about it being physical, my bad.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
just to get this right, I don't own Hitman 1 GOTY on PlayStation, if I preorder Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition, I still need to buy Hitman 1 GOTY Legacy Pack (or whatever it's called) correct?
If you want to play the first game you will need to buy it (if you didn't get it when it was on PS+)

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
just to get this right, I don't own Hitman 1 GOTY on PlayStation, if I preorder Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition, I still need to buy Hitman 1 GOTY Legacy Pack (or whatever it's called) correct?
If you own Hitman 1 and have downloaded the Legacy pack through Hitman 2, then you will get access to Hitman 1 GOTY content. Everyone gets a bump up to it as the only access pack for Hitman 1 is the GOTY one.

Otherwise — if you don't own Hitman 1 at all — then yes, you will have to buy the access pack.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Yes. This is the easiest wayif you don't already own those titles.
Really? We can just buy the access to H1/H2 content in H3?

I was under the impression that we needed to own the previous versions in order to import them into the later games so I went ahead and bought Hitman 2 Gold edition, but haven't yet bought Hitman 1 yet.

If I want to play Hitman 1 content in Hitman 3 as well, should I go ahead and my the version on sale now or just wait until Hitman 3 and buy them there?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

I was under the impression that we needed to own the previous versions in order to import them into the later games so I went ahead and bought Hitman 2 Gold edition, but haven't yet bought Hitman 1 yet.

If I want to play Hitman 1 content in Hitman 3 as well, should I go ahead and my the version on sale now or just wait until Hitman 3 and buy them there?
- Yes

- That's fine, this means you will have access to the Hitman 2 Gold content in 3.

- Up to you, we don't know what the pricing will be like for the access packs. If you're on PC though then it will be free for the first 10 days following release. Sounds like you aren't though, so it's worth noting that you will only need to get the normal version of Hitman 1 if you're buying it now. It will be bumped up to the GOTY version when you claim the access pass.

You will have to download 2 and redeem the access pass for Hitman 1 from inside it if you plan to do it this route though.

A Path Finder

Developer at ioi
Verified
Oct 27, 2017

Yes you can buy all you need from within the H3 client. It's the easy way. But since you have H2 already you are good to go qith that. one.

Regarding your last question, both ways will work. I can't say what will be the cheapest option though.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
- Yes

- That's fine, this means you will have access to the Hitman 2 Gold content in 3.

- Up to you, we don't know what the pricing will be like for the access packs. If you're on PC though then it will be free for the first 10 days following release. Sounds like you aren't though, so it's worth noting that you will only need to get the normal version of Hitman 1 if you're buying it now. It will be bumped up to the GOTY version when you claim the access pass.

You will have to download 2 and redeem the access pass for Hitman 1 from inside it if you plan to do it this route though.
Yes you can buy all you need from within the H3 client. It's the easy way. But since you have H2 already you are good to go qith that. one.

Regarding your last question, both ways will work. I can't say what will be the cheapest option though.
Got it, thanks. I'm going to play on PlayStation (PS5 and PSVR/PS4) so I guess I'll install Hitman 2 and see about importing Hitman 1 into it before playing 3.

fallingedge

Oct 25, 2017
Aight so I think I understand lol. This is for PS5.

Buy Hitman GOTY - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA02976_00-000000S1GOTYFULL
Buy Hitman 2 Gold - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4572-CUSA12421_00-HITMANGOLDBUNDLE

Then I should be free to buy Hitman 3, and have all content available to play on Hitman 3.

edit: And I haven't kept track of it at all but if I want to replay 1/2, I can play it through 3 and use 3's mechanics with the updated graphics. That fair to say?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Aight so I think I understand lol. This is for PS5.

Buy Hitman GOTY - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP0082-CUSA02976_00-000000S1GOTYFULL
Buy Hitman 2 Gold - https://store.playstation.com/en-us/product/UP4572-CUSA12421_00-HITMANGOLDBUNDLE

Then I should be free to buy Hitman 3, and have all content available to play on Hitman 3.

edit: And I haven't kept track of it at all but if I want to replay 1/2, I can play it through 3 and use 3's mechanics with the updated graphics. That fair to say?
Just one more step - download Hitman 2 and download the Legacy pack for the Hitman 1 content from inside it. Then you're good.

Yes on the edit as well.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I bought the game (normal ) on Xbox. I don't see any downloading for hitman - and 2 even though I own them ?

PBJPD

Apr 5, 2020
Another confused person here: I own the disc for both Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4. I transferred everything from 1 to 2 back in 2018 with no issue, can't figure out how to transfer everything from 2 to 3 now though.

I preordered the deluxe edition of 3 on PS5 and preloaded it, however, 2's in-game store doesn't show any "access pack" or anything else indicating a transfer to 3. Read and re-read the guide and I'm under the impression I should be seeing something like that in 2's in-game store... am I missing something obvious here or is my game not showing the right thing?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
When you talk about be

Do you do this in the store tab?
There's an option inside Hitman 2 for the Legacy pack which you can select and should take you to the store to get it for free.

I bought the game (normal ) on Xbox. I don't see any downloading for hitman - and 2 even though I own them ?
The access passes should go live with the game. Make sure you've previously downloaded the legacy pack for HItman 1 in Hitman 2 as well.

Another confused person here: I own the disc for both Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4. I transferred everything from 1 to 2 back in 2018 with no issue, can't figure out how to transfer everything from 2 to 3 now though.

I preordered the deluxe edition of 3 on PS5 and preloaded it, however, 2's in-game store doesn't show any "access pack" or anything else indicating a transfer to 3. Read and re-read the guide and I'm under the impression I should be seeing something like that in 2's in-game store... am I missing something obvious here or is my game not showing the right thing?
I assume everything will go up alongside Hitman 3.

Pharaoh

Unshakable Resolve
Oct 27, 2017
There's an option inside Hitman 2 for the Legacy pack which you can select and should take you to the store to get it for free.

If I try to access any H1 content in the Hitman 2 Starter Pack it just take me to the Starter Pack download page. Maybe I have to actually buy H2 to gain access to it?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
If I try to access any H1 content in the Hitman 2 Starter Pack it just take me to the Starter Pack download page. Maybe I have to actually buy H2 to gain access to it?
I'm afraid I don't know that one. I already had Hitman 2 when I did it and it showed the Legacy pack as an option within it. Clicking it took me to a (free) download for the Legacy pack - the levels from Hitman 1.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
When you talk about be

Do you do this in the store tab?

Kyuji's mixing up part of this I think. To get the Legacy Pack you have to open the store in Hitman 1, not 2. Getting the Legacy Pack there will give you access to the Access Pack for 1's levels in 3 as well.

The only thing you have to do in 2 is if you have the disc release, you similarly need to open the store in it to get the Access Pack for 2's levels in 3. This may not be up till 3 is live. If you have the digital release of 2, you don't need to do this step.

Keep in mind that for various parts of this you may need to get the Access Pack through 3's in-game store rather than the general platform store for it to be free, but you'll already be playing 3 so that shouldn't be a hassle...

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
The licenses by themselves should be able to sort out all of this bullshit, but apparently that's not the case. So stupid.

JAGMASK

Jan 3, 2018
The ps4 version of the game arrived today in the post. I can't seem to get the ps5 version to install, or to access my hitman 2 saves or locations. Do I have to wait until tomorrow as that is the official launch day? I don't want to play a bunch today and then lose all my progress when I eventually manage to transfer saves. I'll just wait if that's the case.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Kyuji's mixing up part of this I think. To get the Legacy Pack you have to open the store in Hitman 1, not 2. Getting the Legacy Pack there will give you access to the Access Pack for 1's levels in 3 as well.
Yes, this is what I did last night.

- I had Hitman 1 via PS+ (but not GOTY verions, yet) so I bought Hitman 2 Gold edition and installed it.
- Tried to redeem the Legacy Pack in Hitman 2 but it told me to do so in the Hitman 1 Store, so I installed Hitman 1 and exported the Legacy Pack from there.
- Back in Hitman 2, all Hitman 1 locations/campaign were now accessible except for the Patient Zero campaign (because I didn't have that in Hitman 1).
- Then went back to Hitman 1 and purchased the GOTY Upgrade (which is 80% off on PS Store) which then unlocked the GOTY Legacy Pack and unlocked the Patient Zero campaign in Hitman 2.
- Uninstalled Hitman 1 and for now I'll leave Hitman 2 installed in case I need to do anything for Hitman 3

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The licenses by themselves should be able to sort out all of this bullshit, but apparently that's not the case. So stupid.

They actually are for the most part. It's only 1 where you need to manually open it to get the legacy pack even if you own the digital version. If you own 2 digitally you don't need to do anything inside 2.

The ps4 version of the game arrived today in the post. I can't seem to get the ps5 version to install, or to access my hitman 2 saves or locations. Do I have to wait until tomorrow as that is the official launch day? I don't want to play a bunch today and then lose all my progress when I eventually manage to transfer saves. I'll just wait if that's the case.

Wait till tomorrow as you'll lose your progress in 3 when you transfer it from 2.

Note that you will not be transferring your actual mid-level saves anyway. You will only be transferring your overall progress. If you were actively playing 2 and still wanted to do something that relies on your actual saves, go do that in 2 before you transfer your progress.

Yes, this is what I did last night.

- I had Hitman 1 via PS+ (but not GOTY verions, yet) so I bought Hitman 2 Gold edition and installed it.
- Tried to redeem the Legacy Pack in Hitman 2 but it told me to do so in the Hitman 1 Store, so I installed Hitman 1 and exported the Legacy Pack from there.
- Back in Hitman 2, all Hitman 1 locations/campaign were now accessible except for the Patient Zero campaign (because I didn't have that in Hitman 1).
- Then went back to Hitman 1 and purchased the GOTY Upgrade (which is 80% off on PS Store) which then unlocked the GOTY Legacy Pack and unlocked the Patient Zero campaign in Hitman 2.
- Uninstalled Hitman 1 and for now I'll leave Hitman 2 installed in case I need to do anything for Hitman 3

Fwiw... maybe not the worst mistake since it was cheap, but as the OP does cover, you'd already be upgraded to 1's GOTY stuff for free in 3.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
🤦‍♀️

Yep, you're right; I'm getting lost in the packs! For some reason thought I'd got the Legacy pack through 2 but it was 1. Sorry about that folks, have now added a link to the Legacy FAQ for the first in TL;DR too.

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Fwiw... maybe not the worst mistake since it was cheap, but as the OP does cover, you'd already be upgraded to 1's GOTY stuff for free in 3.
Yes, I've realized that now. I was confused when it said everything would unlock, but then I was missing the extra campaign. With the sale ending today I figured I would the buy GOTY upgrade since it was less than $7.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
1) On Series X, do I need H1+2 installed for H3 to recognise I own the games, or is it account based? I'd very much like the space back so I can download H3!
2) I assume progress carryover can't be done from Steam to Series X still?
You need to have downloaded the Legacy pack (you claim it inside Hitman 1) to get access to the Hitman 1 GOTY access pack.
Hitman 2 access pack just requires you to own whichever version you want the access pack for.

No on the progress:
– Progression can only be carried over from within the same platform.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know how to link your IOI account to your Steam account? (to carry over H1 and H2 progression to H3)

I just created an IOI account, but under the Linked Accounts section, there's no button to edit it and link an account.

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Anyone know how to link your IOI account to your Steam account? (to carry over H1 and H2 progression to H3)

I just created an IOI account, but under the Linked Accounts section, there's no button to edit it and link an account.

Yeah you've gotta go into Hitman 2, in the options menu there's a place to link to your IO account.

EDIT: I was in the same boat as you, SunBroDave - having to reinstall just to link my IO account. If you turn off all DLC (so you're literally not installing any of the maps themselves) it comes down to a 14GB install. Still not ideal but not anywhere near as egregious as the alternative.

doof_warrior

Oct 25, 2017
NJ
not sure if this is the right thread for this, but did anyone that pre-ordered a physical copy on amazon get a shipping date yet? i...i dont think i'll be playing this tomorrow

Not yet shipped
We will email you when we have an estimated delivery date.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you've gotta go into Hitman 2, in the options menu there's a place to link to your IO account.
Oh fuck me

EDIT: I was in the same boat as you, SunBroDave - having to reinstall just to link my IO account. If you turn off all DLC (so you're literally not installing any of the maps themselves) it comes down to a 14GB install. Still not ideal but not anywhere near as egregious as the alternative.
lmao ok thanks for the tip, that's much less terrible

Oct 25, 2017
So I started playing Hitman 2 last week. I'm going to get Hitman 3 but I'd like to hold off for a week or two just for money reasons. I'm not missing out on playing these levels through H3 right? Game looks and performs the same for those H2 levels?

Dommo

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
So I started playing Hitman 2 last week. I'm going to get Hitman 3 but I'd like to hold off for a week or two just for money reasons. I'm not missing out on playing these levels through H3 right? Game looks and performs the same for those H2 levels?

What platform are you playing on? If it's PC, I might be wrong because this whole thing is such a clusterfuck, but I think you still need to purchase Hitman 3 within 10 days of release to be able to unlock Hitman 1 maps for free.

On top of that, the first and second games will be slightly 'remastered' in Hitman 3 I believe. They'll be utilizing any fancy engine upgrades that have been implemented between Hitman 2 and 3.

Oct 25, 2017
What platform are you playing on? If it's PC, I might be wrong because this whole thing is such a clusterfuck, but I think you still need to purchase Hitman 3 within 10 days of release to be able to unlock Hitman 1 maps for free.

On top of that, the first and second games will be slightly 'remastered' in Hitman 3 I believe. They'll be utilizing any fancy engine upgrades that have been implemented between Hitman 2 and 3.
Series X.

Even if it is a small upgrade I'll probably wait to continue playing the levels in H3 then. I'll likely pick it up sooner than later. Thanks

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have they said what the exact steps are to get the H2 and 1 content into 3 tomorrow? I have H2 installed with the H1 levels too. Didn't download the extra maps for 2 yet. I'm not sure I ever made an IO account.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Have they said what the exact steps are to get the H2 and 1 content into 3 tomorrow? I have H2 installed with the H1 levels too. Didn't download the extra maps for 2 yet. I'm not sure I ever made an IO account.
Yep. You'll be good to get the Hitman 1access pack and whichever Hitman 2 pack for the content you have (see OP).

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yep. You'll be good to get the Hitman 1access pack and whichever Hitman 2 pack for the content you have (see OP).
Oh awesome. Is the IO account not needed? I'm in the game now and it seems I do have an account but asking for a reset password on the site did nothing. I'm assuming I tied the account to one of my other email addresses and now have the joy of finding which lol.
Ps5

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh awesome. Is the IO account not needed? I'm in the game now and it seems I do have an account but asking for a reset password on the site did nothing. I'm assuming I tied the account to one of my other email addresses and now have the joy of finding which lol.
You'll need the IO account to carry progress over from 2 to 3 but they haven't mentioned it as a requirement for the access packs afaik.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017

Ps5

You're fine then. Both Access Passes will be free when you boot 3 tomorrow. It's driven off the PSN licenses. Your IOI account only handles your progression.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You're fine then. Both Access Passes will be free when you boot 3 tomorrow. It's driven off the PSN licenses. Your IOI account only handles your progression.
Oh ok. I've actually got back into the account on IOI's site now too and can see both Hitman games listed. It doesn't mention any dlc but I had access to everything in both games when it was installed before so I assume this will be the case again.

Do I have to do anything extra to carry over progression or just tie my account to H3 tomorrow?