• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I bought and downloaded 1 and 2 on the PS5 in preparation to binge it all in 3.

Not OPs fault but the info there made me more confused instead of less lol. What do I need to buy or download or do to get everything?

Go into 1 and redeem the Legacy Pack DLC for 2. Since you bought 2 digitally, that should actually be all you need to do. I would say to keep both installed for the next few days just in case there's anything weird, but you should be fine.

Also... if you haven't already started anything, don't play 1 by itself. If you want to play anything in advance, just play 1's levels inside 2. There is no way to transfer progress out of 1, while 2's progress will be able to be transferred to 3.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
I bought and downloaded 1 and 2 on the PS5 in preparation to binge it all in 3.

Not OPs fault but the info there made me more confused instead of less lol. What do I need to buy or download or do to get everything?
Download 1 with it's content and boot the game: you'll see an option to download the legacy pack for Hitman 2.

That will move maps into Hitman 2.

We don't know the process to move it into H3 yet, but perhaps it will be similar

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Download 1 with it's content and boot the game: you'll see an option to download the legacy pack for Hitman 2.

We don't know the process to move it into H3 yet, but perhaps it will be similar

We do, actually, that's what the entire thread is about. :p

Deleted member 179

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Go into 1 and redeem the Legacy Pack DLC for 2. Since you bought 2 digitally, that should actually be all you need to do. I would say to keep both installed for the next few days just in case there's anything weird, but you should be fine.

Also... if you haven't already started anything, don't play 1 by itself. If you want to play anything in advance, just play 1's levels inside 2. There is no way to transfer progress out of 1, while 2's progress will be able to be transferred to 3.

Got it, thank you both. As for starting, I'm waiting for 3 and am going to play all of it within that instead of anything in 1 or 2. Sounds like you can just go full binge.

Oct 27, 2017
Edit - Reread the entire thread. Let me see if I got this right...

I have Hitman 1 digitally. I launched it and redeemed the legacy pack. Do I still need the $5 game of the year update to get that bonus mission? Does that bonus mission carry over?

I need to buy Hitman 2 Gold. Launch it and redeem something in there.

As for H3, do I need the deluxe version to get the escalation missions? Are these missions vital or is the standard version fine?

I only played 1 on PC. Should I wait to play H1+H2 in H3? Or should I play H1 in H2 until H3 is out?

Last edited:

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
If you want any unlocks, masterys, challenges, suits and so on to transfer over to 3; then yes. You need an account.
It sounds like you'll be fine for accessing the content, but based on the FAQ it sounds like your progress has to be carried over through their account. So you'd have to make one for that.
Hitman 1 / 2 both store your progress online, I suspect it automatically creates an account for you based upon the email connected to your gamertag- so you probably have one whether you remember clicking the EULA that made you one or not .

although the link in the OP says you have to make one in the browser
Thanks for the responses! I haven't actually played any of the games yet, I just recently bought all past content on sale and pre-ordered Hitman 3. I plan on just waiting until Hitman 3 releases and playing them all as if it's one massive game. That's why I asked, because I booted Hitman 2 and it all looked fine, but I wouldn't have any progress to carry over anyway. I made an IOI account and linked it to my XBl just in case, won't hurt anything.

Oct 30, 2017
South Coast, UK
Can't check myself till later, but I'm guessing they're just not available yet?

Make sure the game is updated fully and worst case check back in a couple days at launch. May not be ideal, but do keep in mind that 3 includes the data for all the levels by default, so at least you won't have to wait to download them too or anything like that.
Yeah I'm not fretting just yet, especially since pre-loads aren't even live. It's just a little uncertain, which has made me feel a little anxious when I think about it (more because I worry I've done something wrong). Guess I'll check again on Tuesday or Wednesday, I'm going to be diving into H3's levels first anyway for obvious reasons.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Awesome to see that this got turned around so quickly. Hopefully the fix comes in sooner rather than later, but there will be plenty of content to keep people busy between 1 and 3 until then. I'll no doubt be spending another 10 hours between Paris and Sapienza alone.

Waiting for the Steam release just wasn't an option for me as I really didn't want to miss out on the Elusive targets like I have for the last 2 games.

Also, great news for the people that bought the games recently purely to carry the content into Hitman 3 and experience it there.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Awesome to see that this got turned around so quickly. Hopefully the fix comes in sooner rather than later, but there will be plenty of content to keep people busy between 1 and 3 until then. I'll no doubt be spending another 10 hours between Paris and Sapienza alone.
Paris should be looking real nice with the lighting changes. Can't wait to run through everything and as you see, awesome that it's being made possible for all platforms now.

Bosh

Oct 26, 2017
So the game is 60-70 gigs, does that include VR on PS5 or is it another 60-70gigs to donwload the PS4 version of entire game(s)?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So the game is 60-70 gigs, does that include VR on PS5 or is it another 60-70gigs to donwload the PS4 version of entire game(s)?
Not sure on this, had a look at the VR section of the guide but it doesn't say I'm afraid.

edit: Misread and thought you were asking if the size of the install was inclusive of the VR part. You need to use the PS4 version for the VR mode. The PS5 version includes the PS4 version for this reason, and progress carries over between the two in general.

c0020c30-5b07-48e5-ba0kbv.jpeg

Last edited:

Plumpman

Jan 24, 2018
I just want to clarify for completely new players.
I don't own any of the games. Can I purchase the access packs for 1 and 2 in Hitman 3 to just get those levels in Hitman 3?

Telaso

Oct 25, 2017
I just want to clarify for completely new players.
I don't own any of the games. Can I purchase the access packs for 1 and 2 in Hitman 3 to just get those levels in Hitman 3?

It sounds like within the first 10 days of release, if you buy H3, you'll be able to buy H1 and H2 access packs for a deep discount on top of the H3 purchase.

PucePikmin

Apr 26, 2018
Figured they'd work something out. It's almost as if all the cursing of IO Interactive's name and rending of clothing wasn't warranted.

Kiro

Oct 27, 2017
Ottawa, Canada
If we are being honest, it is likely this game will have DLC maps too yeah? And a definitive trilogy edition will probably come out... I want to try this series but figure I'll wait.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
If we are being honest, it is likely this game will have DLC maps too yeah? And a definitive trilogy edition will probably come out... I want to try this series but figure I'll wait.
Arguably Hitman 3 already is the definitive trilogy, content-wise, since it contains the data for all 1 and 2 maps (assuming you've already bought them or got the access passes) so I'm not sure if a definitive trilogy will be a separate thing. Maybe a bundle, if anything, but that'll likely just be Hitman 3 + the access passes for 1 and 2

Deleted member 8468

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm still a bit confused about the PS5 version. It should just be doing a licence check since everything is now super-well compressed into Hitman 3 correct? Nothing special I should need to download?

My PS5 SSD free space is crying rn.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm still a bit confused about the PS5 version. It should just be doing a licence check since everything is now super-well compressed into Hitman 3 correct? Nothing special I should need to download?

My PS5 SSD free space is crying rn.
Did you ever download the legacy pack for Hitman 1 in Hitman 2?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hitman 3 will not have new areas added as DLC.
There'll also be post-launch support, though unlike previous games this won't be new areas and rather a repurposing of those being offered up in Hitman 3.
www.eurogamer.net

Hitman 3 feels like a well-deserved victory lap for IO's series

Hitman 3's an odd one, though if you've been along for the ride thus far you'll know to expect as much. Just as Hitman …

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Did you ever download the legacy pack for Hitman 1 in Hitman 2?
This is the part that confuses me. I own Hitman 1 and 2 (full games, not pack), but it seems like I need to buy the Hitman 1 GOTY legacy pack ($19.99) or download the whole Hitman 1 game to import to Hitman 2. I'm currently playing Hitman 2 in anticipation, but I'm not sure if I need to download H1 to get ready for H3. Hoping and assuming I don't need to spend any more money.

I saw your other thread(edit. this thread lol) and it seems like this is the case for the PS4 version, but I'm still unsure about PS5.

Last edited:

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is the part that confuses me. I own Hitman 1 and 2 (full games, not pack), but it seems like I need to buy the Hitman 1 GOTY legacy pack ($19.99) or download the whole Hitman 1 game to import to Hitman 2. I'm currently playing Hitman 2 in anticipation, but I'm not sure if I need to download H1 to get ready for H3. Hoping and assuming I don't need to spend any more money.

I saw your other thread and it seems like this is the case for the PS4 version, but I'm still unsure about PS5.

I think IO just worded it badly.

I'm pretty sure what needs to happen for Hitman 3 is:

If you own Hitman 1 (The actual game, but NOT the legacy pack!): You needed to do the process to unlock Hitman 1 Legacy pack within Hitman 2.

If you have the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack and Hitman 2 redeemed on your account: Hitman 3 will automatically see this and given you the Access Pass for that content, without them needing to be installed at the time.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think IO just worded it badly.

I'm pretty sure what needs to happen for Hitman 3 is:

If you own Hitman 1 (The actual game, but NOT the legacy pack!): You needed to do the process to unlock Hitman 1 Legacy pack within Hitman 2.

If you have the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack and Hitman 2 redeemed on your account: Hitman 3 will automatically see this and given you the Access Pass for that content, without them needing to be installed at the time.
Ah ok, so bringing the PS4 versions of H1 into H2 will create a sort of "legacy pack pass" to get stuff unlocked in 3? It also sounds like once I do this I can delete PS4 H1/H2, and then have PS4 or PS5 H3 installed with full access. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

I understand I'll need both PS4 and PS5 installed if I want to play the games in VR, and my hard drive space is already super duper limited. Lucky I got a local isp recently with no data cap!

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Ah ok, so bringing the PS4 versions of H1 into H2 will create a sort of "legacy pack pass" to get stuff unlocked in 3? It also sounds like once I do this I can delete PS4 H1/H2, and then have PS4 or PS5 H3 installed with full access. Thanks for breaking it down for me.

I understand I'll need both PS4 and PS5 installed if I want to play the games in VR, and my hard drive space is already super duper limited. Lucky I got a local isp recently with no data cap!

Keep in mind I'm just trying to guess at it. But I'm pretty sure what I described is how it will work.

Jan 29, 2018
So I have Hitman 2 PS4 on disc and bought the Hitman Legacy pack. If I buy Hitman 3 PS5 digital I should be good to have Hitman 1 + 3 locations together without needing a disc, right? I'm assuming if I want to import Hitman 2 locations I'll need the H2 disc in the PS5 to play them?

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017

I saw your other thread(edit. this thread lol) and it seems like this is the case for the PS4 version, but I'm still unsure about PS5.
When you saw the $19.99 price on the legacy pack was it from within Hitman 1? I had a price too but when I accessed from within game and it loaded the store the legacy was free.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Do we know how HITMAN 2 levels are going to work on PC yet? They mentioned Hitman 1 GOTY being free for 10 days but what about HITMAN 2?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Do we know how HITMAN 2 levels are going to work on PC yet? They mentioned Hitman 1 GOTY being free for 10 days but what about HITMAN 2?
It was only yesterday that they mentioned it was being worked out in the coming weeks so no further news yet. Just that people who own content from Hitman 2 won't have to repurchase it.

Deleted member 8468

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
When you saw the $19.99 price on the legacy pack was it from within Hitman 1? I had a price too but when I accessed from within game and it loaded the store the legacy was free.
Thank you, this is the final piece of the puzzle. I need to go inside the IN-GAME store in H1 to redeem the free GotY legacy pack. Before I had seen everywhere telling me to do this in either H2 or the H2 demo, so that $20 price tag was making me think I'd done something wrong.

I vaguely remember the Bombcast complaining about this back when it was new. I had previously owned the games on PC, and decided to switch platforms for H3 for a few reasons (shiny new console, and the others were on sale). Didn't realize how tricky this was to try and do all at once.

At the end of the day it's all gravy. In the few instances of cross gen progression they all seem to have their quirks. I love Hitman and Io, and I'm glad it's back! Looking forward to Wednesday, I'm sure I'll need the distraction.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I do think it would be worth clarifying in the title that the Hitman PC license import from Steam won't be in place at launch, and that the previously announced arrangement will be the situation day one.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Thank you! I was getting very discouraged by all the stuff in the OP... haha.

Note that the free 1 + discounted 2 situation sounds like it is only true on PC, to deal with the switch to Epic. If you are on console, you will either have to buy the packs normally, or buy the actual games (which might be cheaper on sale) and redeem the free packs from there.

Thank you, this is the final piece of the puzzle. I need to go inside the IN-GAME store in H1 to redeem the free GotY legacy pack. Before I had seen everywhere telling me to do this in either H2 or the H2 demo, so that $20 price tag was making me think I'd done something wrong.

The stuff about Hitman 2 and its demo are for importing 2's levels to 3 if you own a disc version of 2.

1's is just done in the way you mention.

So I have Hitman 2 PS4 on disc and bought the Hitman Legacy pack. If I buy Hitman 3 PS5 digital I should be good to have Hitman 1 + 3 locations together without needing a disc, right? I'm assuming if I want to import Hitman 2 locations I'll need the H2 disc in the PS5 to play them?

Not exactly - you'll need that disc but only to play Hitman 2 one last time. You will need to open Hitman 2, whether on your PS5 or else on a PS4 if you happen to have it installed there, to redeem 2's Access Pack for 3. After that, you will be able to play the levels in 3, no disc required.

Jan 29, 2018
Not exactly - you'll need that disc but only to play Hitman 2 one last time. You will need to open Hitman 2, whether on your PS5 or else on a PS4 if you happen to have it installed there, to redeem 2's Access Pack for 3. After that, you will be able to play the levels in 3, no disc required.

That sounds too good to be true but I won't argue. Sounds great to have all locations from the trilogy on PS5 without needing a disc.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
That sounds too good to be true but I won't argue. Sounds great to have all locations from the trilogy on PS5 without needing a disc.

It's also how 1 -> 2 worked to begin with, fwiw. No harsh disc restriction, just gotta redeem the free DLC in the prior game.

The only problem it had, aside from the Epic switch, was that you could be kinda screwed out of the Legacy Pack if you bought parts of 1's episodic release but not all of it.