• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

hanshen

Jun 24, 2018
Chicago, IL
In the Xbox store, I somehow owns all the Hitman 1 legacy missions for Hitman 2 but not the legacy pack, so I still have no access to Hitman 1 missions in Hitman 3. Now I have no idea which on to buy to get access to Hitman 1.

Aso why is the expansion pass for hitman 2 priced at $40? Isn't it like just 2 maps?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020
In the Xbox store, I somehow owns all the Hitman 1 legacy missions for Hitman 2 but not the legacy pack, so I still have no access to Hitman 1 missions in Hitman 3. Now I have no idea which on to buy to get access to Hitman 1.

Aso why is the expansion pass for hitman 2 priced at $40? Isn't it like just 2 maps?
Download the Hitman 2 Starter Pack (it's free). Yes, even if you own the real Hitman 2.

Then, do this: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/com...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf

Mar 19, 2020
Been trying everything that I've been seeing here and on reddit with no dice. 1 levels show up in 2 but not 3. Can't seem to download the legacy pack directly in a way that is recognized by 3 as it still tells me to by the GOTY legacy pack. Is there any chance that this is because I got it as a games with gold? I can't imagine that that is the problem since it shows up in 2. Any other tricks I should try?

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This did not work for me until I downloaded the free Hitman 2 Starter Pack (even though I own Hitman 2). Weird.

Fyi, they do say to do this for 2's pack in the guide. I guess this also applies to 1's levels for some reason?

Hitman 2 Access Pack said:
How to get it
– Consoles: If you own a physical disc copy of HITMAN 2 Standard Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost through the HITMAN 2 in-game store. (You will see the full listing price if you look for the Access Pass in the PS/Xbox store as a disc owner.) On Xbox, you also need to own a digital copy of either HITMAN 3 or the HITMAN 2 Free Starter Pack before navigating to the in-game store.

...sure couldn't tell you why Xbox specifically has that requirement, either.

meanwhile this is how I'm learning that it's not "XBox", as I've been typing it the past few days, what

EDIT:

Oh, I just found something interesting. It's weird that this is the case given that people successfully got 1's levels into 2 despite this, but I took a look at the Legacy FAQ from when Hitman 2 came out, and:
Legacy said:
On Xbox One Disc (both Complete First Season and Definitive Edition):

• Ensure that you have all of the content from the disc installed onto your console and downloaded the latest game update for H1, released on November 8th 2018.
  • Ensure that you have redeemed and installed the Bonus Episode via the voucher code that was included in the box.
  • Ensure that you have the free "HITMAN 2 – Starter Pack" registered to your account. (You only need to 'get' this item, not have it downloaded or installed.)
    • For clarity on the above step, simply installing all of the H2 content from your disc doesn't necessarily meet this requirement. Even if you can see that "HITMAN 2 – Starter Pack" is installed on your console, you still need to ALSO search the store for "HITMAN 2 – Starter Pack" and 'get' it.
  • Launch H1 and follow the prompts in the H1 in-game store to redeem and download your Legacy Pack.
    • Please note: The Legacy Pack might have a pricetag on it, depending on your region and products registered. The pack will automatically reduce in price, depending on which content you own, when you go to the checkout/payment page.
  • When the Legacy Pack has installed, it will be playable within HITMAN 2 only.

So I guess you were theoretically supposed to get the Starter Pack for this to work back when 2 came out, but it worked fine without people having to? But now it's really required for 3 to get it successfully? Or... something...?

Last edited:
Jun 15, 2020
Fyi, they do say to do this for 2's pack in the guide. I guess this also applies to 1's levels for some reason?

...sure couldn't tell you why Xbox specifically has that requirement, either.

meanwhile this is how I'm learning that it's not "XBox", as I've been typing it the past few days, what

EDIT:

Oh, I just found something interesting. It's weird that this is the case given that people successfully got 1's levels into 2 despite this, but I took a look at the Legacy FAQ from when Hitman 2 came out, and:

So I guess you were theoretically supposed to get the Starter Pack for this to work back when 2 came out, but it worked fine without people having to? But now it's really required for 3 to get it successfully? Or... something...?
It says the Starter Pack or Digital Version of 3. I have the digital version of 3. I have them all digitally, actually.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Tried everything. Deleting all Hitman 2 content including Legacy Pack that I owned with free GOTY update (Requiem Pack/Patient Zero) but I still can not redeem Hitman 1 GOTY Access Pack nor Hitman 1 Complete Season Access Pack...

I guess I need to wait.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
If I don't own the levels in #1 is the best way to get them to buy the $30 access pass for #1? I bought #2 last week during the $12 sale on Xbox.

Oct 27, 2017
Roma, Italia
I think i'm doing something wrong. I played both hitman 1 and 2 on ps, i did the carry over (but only for hitman 2 for some reason) but in hitman 3 it says i haven't played hitman 1 and 2 and i can't get the side missions for free?

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Same problem here, but on Xbox, and it imported only H1 saves from 2016.... No H2 from 2018.

DJ Lushious

Enhanced Xperience
Oct 27, 2017
Tried everything. Deleting all Hitman 2 content including Legacy Pack that I owned with free GOTY update (Requiem Pack/Patient Zero) but I still can not redeem Hitman 1 GOTY Access Pack nor Hitman 1 Complete Season Access Pack...

I guess I need to wait.
Same here. On Xbox, I presume? It's more than a bit frustrating, but I am okay for now; I won't be able to get to play Hitman 3 until next week.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

I guess I need to wait.
Just to check – did you try the web store?
See the indented bullet in the TL;DR part of the OP.

Do the legacy levels enjoy any visual upgrades when played in Hitman 3?
Yep. All the engine improvements found in 3 are also in the levels of 1&2.

Digital Foundry have done an analysis:

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
Download the Hitman 2 Starter Pack (it's free). Yes, even if you own the real Hitman 2.

Then, do this: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/com...urce=share&utm_medium=ios_app&utm_name=iossmf
I'm very confused.

1. I already have the Hitman 2 free starter pack

2. I went to that reddit link, but this page to me just says "Redeem code" for the Hitman 1 legacy pack

3. I can play all the HITMAN levels in HITMAN 2

4. I can play all the HITMAN 2 levels in HITMAN 3

5. ....but I cannot play the HITMAN levels in HITMAN 3

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
I'm very confused.

2. I went to that reddit link, but this page to me just says "Redeem code" for the Hitman 1 legacy pack

It's still broken for a lot of Xbox people. Last update I saw said they have a fix they are working with Microsoft on.

-Tetsuo-

Unlimited Capacity
Oct 26, 2017
So if I understand correctly, I can get the disc version of 1 and 2, claim teh access pass in game and then they will transferable to 3?

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
I'm very confused.

In exactly the same boat as you (Xbox just to confirm), and I'm UK-based. None of the fixes I've seen online have made any difference for me so I'm waiting for some official help.

Particularly frustrating as someone who bought Hitman 3 to play all the games from start to finish under one roof, and I haven't been able to go past the prologue yet!

jordn613

Oct 25, 2017
I have Hitman 2 on disc for PS4. I've installed it on my PS5. I bought Hitman 3 digital on PSN on my PS5. Why can't I download the upgrade thing in Hitman 3 for Hitman 2? It just shows me the paid download fir the full price.

Last edited:

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
I have Hitman 2 on disc for PS4 on disc. I've installed it on my PS5. I bought Hitman 3 digital on PSN on my PS5. Why can't I download the upgrade thing in Hitman 3 for Hitman 2? It just shows me the paid download fir the full price.
Did you try downloading from PSN or Directly in the Store tab in Hitman III? Because you can only do it ingame.

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox peeps, the hitman 1 goty access pass shows that I own it finally so they might have fixed it.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
This should be useful for some people if not mentioned already

www.hotukdeals.com

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: All HITMAN 2 Standard Levels Free @ Playstation Network - hotukdeals

If you have Playstation Now, Hitman 2 is included as part of the service. Simply download and install Hitman 2 (It only needs to be the partial Download). When

If you have Playstation Now, Hitman 2 is included as part of the service. Simply download and install Hitman 2 (It only needs to be the partial Download).
When you load up it will put you into a mission, just back out to the main menu and make sure you accept the online privacy policy.
Go into the in game store and look for Hitman 3 - Hitman 2 standard access pass.
This means you'll be able to access all Hitman 2 Standard Levels within Hitman 3 and should mean you'll have permanent access even after hitman 2 is taken off the service.

If you don't have PS NOW: PS NOW 7 day trial

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
I have Hitman 2 on disc for PS4. I've installed it on my PS5. I bought Hitman 3 digital on PSN on my PS5. Why can't I download the upgrade thing in Hitman 3 for Hitman 2? It just shows me the paid download fir the full price.
What ended up working for me was to install Hitman 2 and claim the Hitman 3 Hitman 2 access pass through the Hitman 2 store.

guitarguy316

Nov 3, 2017
So I have Hitman 2 and the dlc pack. I believe there's a free access pack for that combination right?

I never bought Hitman 1...I think the best way to get that is to buy the access pass for $30?

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Just grabbed this, I have all of 1 & 2, but it says 1 isn't available and says I already own but won't install the GOTY Hitman 1 pack when I try :(

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
In exactly the same boat as you (Xbox just to confirm), and I'm UK-based. None of the fixes I've seen online have made any difference for me so I'm waiting for some official help.

Particularly frustrating as someone who bought Hitman 3 to play all the games from start to finish under one roof, and I haven't been able to go past the prologue yet!

Sounds like I had the same issue as you, to solve it I had to claim the Hitman 2 free starter pack, then download Hitman 1 and claim the access pack from within Hitman 1.

Oct 28, 2017
Is the steam to epic import finished and working?
So far I have been able to successfully transfer my progress / save data from Hitman 1 + 2 into 3 but I don't think the levels themselves are playable yet (unless I am doing something wrong)

Yes it works, provided you have first connected your email address from inside Hitman 3.
Then try to connect Hitman 2 data transfer.

I am waiting for IOI to enable me to play Hitman 2 access from my Steam copy onto Hitman 3, I hope they do it soon.

Captain C

Oct 27, 2017
So, I have Hitman 2 Gold Edition with the Legacy DLC on Steam. I just downloaded Hitman 3 from EGS and did the transfer. My progress and unlocks went through, and I can access the Hitman 1 stuff, but I'm still not allowed to play the Hitman 2 levels. I assume this is what IOI was talking about, that will be updated in a couple of weeks? I just want to make sure before I let it be and I miss the fix.

Magic

Oct 29, 2017
Sounds like I had the same issue as you, to solve it I had to claim the Hitman 2 free starter pack, then download Hitman 1 and claim the access pack from within Hitman 1.

I had already tried this but thanks anyways.

Something has happened today, not sure if IO has done something in the background but when I searched the Hitman GOTY Access Pass on the store (as I have been doing every day) it now showed up as owned.

Still couldn't get it to download/work, but some kind soul put a review on the access pass today to say if that happens try installing on another device to your console. Found it on the store on my phone, asked it to install on my Xbox and a few moments later it installed.

All content is now available, hope this helps someone else but im now a happy man!

Manik

Oct 29, 2017
This should be useful for some people if not mentioned already

www.hotukdeals.com

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: All HITMAN 2 Standard Levels Free @ Playstation Network - hotukdeals

If you have Playstation Now, Hitman 2 is included as part of the service. Simply download and install Hitman 2 (It only needs to be the partial Download). When

If you have Playstation Now, Hitman 2 is included as part of the service. Simply download and install Hitman 2 (It only needs to be the partial Download).
When you load up it will put you into a mission, just back out to the main menu and make sure you accept the online privacy policy.
Go into the in game store and look for Hitman 3 - Hitman 2 standard access pass.
This means you'll be able to access all Hitman 2 Standard Levels within Hitman 3 and should mean you'll have permanent access even after hitman 2 is taken off the service.

If you don't have PS NOW: PS NOW 7 day trial

Thanks a lot for posting this - what a great shout. Just tried this with a 7 day PSNow free trial and it worked like a charm. Off to play some Hitman 2!

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Thanks a lot for posting this - what a great shout. Just tried this with a 7 day PSNow free trial and it worked like a charm. Off to play some Hitman 2!

No problem. I did the same thing. Claimed the pack for when I get Hitman 3 and can replay Hitman 2 a bit right now. (sold it a while back)

LycanXIII

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
So I bought Hitman 1&2 on Steam, I'll buy 3 later (outside of the 10 days for free access pass), but when I do, will the first access pass carry over with the second one?

sephghast

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think the PSNow version would grant access, so I had purchased the Deluxe hitman 2. Oh well, happy to support the independent IOI. Amazing games.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017

You get the Hitman 2 access pass from within Hitman 2's store, not from within Hitman 3.

Fantastical

Oct 27, 2017
I know there is no solution for Hitman 2 steam -> Hitman 3 right now. But I can access all Hitman 1 levels when I launch Hitman 2 in Steam. I would be on the right path to get all that in Hitman 3 right (as we understand it?)

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
On XBOX (UK) installed digital versions of 1 & 2 to my HDD and still can't access the 1 levels in 3.

Tells me I have the H3 H1 pack when I click Get Access but when I hit manage (as it replaces buy) it's just blank to install.

Valkrai

Oct 25, 2017
I still don't understand this system. I got Hitman 1 as part of Games with Gold, downloaded Hitman 2 and 3, and still can't play the levels in H3. Xbox version of the H1 levels still shows $30 for me.

Hyaku Shiki

Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
I have Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold on PS4. (bought during last sale)

I just loaded up my PS4 and searched the PS Store and these came up as free. So I purchased them all. Am I good now for when I buy Hitman 3? Thanks for any help!

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Standard
HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Gold
HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion

Oct 30, 2017
I have Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold on PS4. (bought during last sale)

I just loaded up my PS4 and searched the PS Store and these came up as free. So I purchased them all. Am I good now for when I buy Hitman 3? Thanks for any help!

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Standard
HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Gold
HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion
Should be fine. I bought hitman 1 goty and 2 gold during sale as well and I've got all the content now.
Download hitman 1 and claim the legacy pack first, download it, and you should be good to go.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Found a fix for my hitman 3 in xbox UK.

I had to go to the US xbox Web store and found the add on and installed it to my xbox from there, it showed up in my queue and now I'm good to go