• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Haven't been keeping up on this thread but thought I had my progression carried over to Hitman 3, it shows my appropriate level mastery and overall level, but none of my unlocked inventory is available?!?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
The PSN store on my end is utter shit at the moment (not only does it suck massively, it seems completely broken when it comes to loading) so can't check, but I'll ask here:

I redemeed the "VR Access" code that came with my physical PS5 copy, and based on the pre-launch guide page, it's supposed to allow me to download the full PS4 game. But it doesn't show up in my PS4 library, nor does it make HITMAN 3 free in the PSN store for me to 'buy'. What gives?

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Reposting from my post in the Hitman 3 OT and happy to see it worked for some there:

I was hoping this would solve my issue but it hasn't, I'm in the UK so changing the store to GB, but no matter what it still wants to charge me.

I download Hitman 1 again and confirmed that I have access to all content but whenever I click the Legacy Pack or Access Pass it wants to charge me.

Thanks anyway though.

sweetmini

Jun 12, 2019
I got no problem on the base process of carryover (ieeei), however on my ioi account i only have the prorder comic... not the soundtrack :(
i wonder if it comes later or if there is a glitch in recognizing my deluxe thingie on the digital goods side.

lunch_box

Nov 5, 2017
As someone who purchased all Hitman 1 & 2 content in a recent sale (still yet to play), would I be playing the best version of them or does playing them via Hitman 3 give some of next generation upgrade?

Basically I'm trying to establish if I should buy Hitman 3 for starting at the beginning of Hitman 1, or if I could wait until I've finished the first 2 games.
Did you find an answer? I'm in the same boat as you :)

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
Since the other thread's moving pretty quick, are any other disc owners of Hitman 2 having issues getting the Access Pass for the base game locations? Their instructions stated that the pass should be appearing in H2's in-game store but there's no sign of it anywhere for me. Has anyone actually seen it pop up for them?

I don't know if you got an answer/any joy on this, but I own Hitman 2 (disc) and I managed to get the Access Pass just now. It was in the in-game store, as the right-most option. FWIW, the thumbnail for it didn't load up like the rest of the purchasable packs, though the description was there.

Wahad

Oct 26, 2017
Reposting from my post in the Hitman 3 OT and happy to see it worked for some there:

This didn't work for me.

Weird thing is that Hitman Legacy Pack that is listed as free in H1 game is showing full price for me when I click on it, US or UK store, no matter

Basically every product that is Legacy Pack for Hitman 1 is with pricetag. I tried everything from above.

I should mention that I had Hitman 1 Standard but it got upgraded with GOTY content in Hitman 2 (as said in IOI FAQ page).

J-Skee

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
I have a stupid question: are there items exclusive to Hitman & Hitman 2 that you can't earn in Hitman 3 without carrying over progress?

Charpunk

Oct 25, 2017
This didn't work for me.

Weird thing is that Hitman Legacy Pack that is listed as free in H1 game is showing full price for me when I click on it, US or UK store, no matter

Basically every product that is Legacy Pack for Hitman 1 is with pricetag. I tried everything from above.

I should mention that I had Hitman 1 Standard but it got upgraded with GOTY content in Hitman 2 (as said in IOI FAQ page).

The only thing that shows free for me is the hitman goty legacy pack. Both of the ones linked in the post are $29 and $39. No Idea what's going on as I had no issue importing hitman 1 into 2.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
As someone who purchased all Hitman 1 & 2 content in a recent sale (still yet to play), would I be playing the best version of them or does playing them via Hitman 3 give some of next generation upgrade?

Basically I'm trying to establish if I should buy Hitman 3 for starting at the beginning of Hitman 1, or if I could wait until I've finished the first 2 games.

If you think you're going to enjoy them I'd buy 3 and play all 3 through that.

You'll get the graphics/engine upgrades, install size is much smaller and they are all in one near package that way.

I think Hitman 3 which includes all content from 1 + 2 is around 60 GB last time I checked Hitman 2 with all content was close to 100GB.

If it's your first time playing these though and your unsure if you'll enjoy them, load up 2 run through a few levels from 1 and then re-evaluate.

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know if you got an answer/any joy on this, but I own Hitman 2 (disc) and I managed to get the Access Pass just now. It was in the in-game store, as the right-most option. FWIW, the thumbnail for it didn't load up like the rest of the purchasable packs, though the description was there.
I'll have to check it out after work. Had no luck all of yesterday but it sounded like I wasn't alone. Guess whatever they needed to push out to make it show up may be working now.

Adryuu

Master of the Wind
Oct 27, 2017
I am a bit confused... maybe someone here can help me. I'm thinking of starting seriously with Hitman already (with the new trilogy, I played at least the two first games ages ago).

I've got the XBLG version of Hitman (1), and got it working in Hitman 2 starter (free) edition. It seems I can play all Hitman 1 locations there, but I don't know about cutscenes/sense of story progression/etc. I think I can't play any tutorial, but it doesn't matter as I've played the Hitman 1 tutorial twice or thrice already, but I don't know if Hitman 2 had any tutorial.

Will Hitman 3 not have a free, starter edition, like Hitman 2, where you can import the levels you have from the previous games? Even if so, Hitman 3 doesn't run 60 fps on X1X like the previous ones?

First question should have been this, but I'm guessing the answer is yes, but anyway: is playing on Hitman 2 the absolute best way to play the first Hitman missions (for the first time also, although I played Paris already some time ago on Hitman 1 vanilla, ps4), assuming one doesn't have access to Hitman 3? On X1X for more info.

Thanks a lot if anyone dares to reply!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if some Xbox owners are running into a legacy (pun intended) from the glitch where the H1 access pack for H2 was temporarily free when H2 launched.

my memory is hazy but ms/xbox had to go back and retrospectively revoke access to that pack, even though the unlock stayed in H2 (or something like that).

I definitely bought H2 but i think i used the glitch to get h1 in h2 engine...or maybe there was an overlap with h1 being GwG or on gamepass or something.

No practical help to anyone but i thought it was worth mentioning.

I've checked with the Xbox store and in summary, I own H1, have access to play H1 GOTY in H2 but have no access at all to play anything from H1 in H3. Cracking!!

Things I own:-
Hitman 1 (not GOTY)
Hitman 1 legacy pack for Hitman 2
Hitman 1 GOTY legacy pack for Hitman 2
Hitman 2 - standard edition
Hitman 3 - standard edition

Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 standard

Buy HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Standard | Xbox

The HITMAN 3 Access Pass system allows you to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 locations in HITMAN 3. Purchasing or redeeming this Access Pass will grant access to the locations from 'HITMAN 2 - Standard Edition' in HITMAN 3. You must own HITMAN 3 to access this content.

(NOTE this does NOT come up in searches but DOES appear in the auto-fill bar when you start typing Hitam 3 Acess...blah blah)

Things I don't own:-
Hitman 1 GOTY
Hitman 2 Gold edition
Hitman 2 expansion pass (to upgrade to gold)

Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 Complete first season (not sold separately)
Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 GOTY Upgrade (not sold separately)
Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 1 GOTY Edition

Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 expansion
Hitman 3 Access Pass: Hitman 2 Gold

Last edited:

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

No responses unfortunately...
It's been answered a million times in this thread, and in the OT. Go to any page, and you will find an answer.

Playing the H1 and H2 levels in H3 is the best thing. There are no downsides, you will get all the improvments from the engine, the gameplay and graphics this game brings to the table. There's no reason to not play them in H3.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if some Xbox owners are running into a legacy (pun intended) from the glitch where the H1 access pack for H2 was temporarily free when H2 launched.

my memory is hazy but ms/xbox had to go back and retrospectively revoke access to that pack, even though the unlock stayed in H2 (or something like that).

I definitely bought H2 but i think i used the glitch to get h1 in h2 engine...or maybe there was an overlap with h1 being GwG or on gamepass or something.

No practical help to anyone but i thought it was worth mentioning.

FWIW i own H1, NOT the GOTY edition (that shows as $20 for me)
I own H2 which has the GOTY edition of H1 unlocked inside it (i.e. it has patient zero etc)
IOI's website only shows me owning H2, I don't know if it should show me owning 1

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
so I sucked it up and bought the hitman 2 upgrade for hitman 3 to get the levels, but later i synced my steam progress. So now i can't access my hitman 2 levels. Did I screw myself over?

Nesther

Oct 27, 2017
Switzerland
Don't know if this has been posted but you can download the Hitman 2 access pass for 3 from within the Hitman 2 in-game store. This is relevant because I'm playing the PS Now edition that is getting pulled on February 1st, and wanted to get H3 somewhere down the line.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
yeah, thats why i bought the hitman 2 upgrade on epic to get the levels. Im wondering if me just bringing over my saves cancelled out my epic purchase of the hitman 2 levels
Ahh gotcha, I read it wrong.

No, the transfer of progress and the transfer of levels are completely separate. Check the addon is active in your Epic launcher.

Baked Pigeon

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Phoenix
It's sad that a guide is needed just to understand how to incorporate the games into a single launcher. Let's hope this isn't a trend going forward.

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Ahh gotcha, I read it wrong.

No, the transfer of progress and the transfer of levels are completely separate. Check the addon is active in your Epic launcher.
Thanks I checked that and it seemed to be good. I figured it out though. Strangely enough, when i boot from a shortcut of the app, those levels dont show up as accessible, but when i boot from Epic store (in which cases, the game crashes like 50% of the time upon launch for reasons unknown) the levels show up

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
It's been answered a million times in this thread, and in the OT. Go to any page, and you will find an answer.

Playing the H1 and H2 levels in H3 is the best thing. There are no downsides, you will get all the improvments from the engine, the gameplay and graphics this game brings to the table. There's no reason to not play them in H3.
I very slightly disagree - H3 doesn't give you all the trophies/achievements that you'd get if you played them in the 2 engine. Most people may not care about achievements/trophies but it's worth noting, in case they do.

D-Soo

Nov 1, 2017
Thanks I checked that and it seemed to be good. I figured it out though. Strangely enough, when i boot from a shortcut of the app, those levels dont show up as accessible, but when i boot from Epic store (in which cases, the game crashes like 50% of the time upon launch for reasons unknown) the levels show up
jk it looks like that didnt work

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Confused on what's different with this compared to the guide?
You always needed the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack to get the Hitman 1 Access Pass.
The skus are borked or there are more than one on the xbox as far as I can tell. I owned the hitman 1 Legacy Pass according to my console store, but clicking the link in jim's post showed I hadn't claimed ownership of it yet. Once I did that, the Hitman 1 Access Pass for Hitman 3 showed up as purchased for me.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
The skus are borked or there are more than one on the xbox as far as I can tell. I owned the hitman 1 Legacy Pass according to my console store, but clicking the link in jim's post showed I hadn't claimed ownership of it yet. Once I did that, the Hitman 1 Access Pass for Hitman 3 showed up as purchased for me.
Gotcha, thanks. That's a bit messy then. Not even sure how I condense that ideally into the TL;DR since it depends on where the user is as to which store would work. Why on earth have they added a second Legacy pack lol.

e: Edited it as best as I can with the link and to check for a second pack in the store.

theaface

Oct 25, 2017
I'll have to check it out after work. Had no luck all of yesterday but it sounded like I wasn't alone. Guess whatever they needed to push out to make it show up may be working now.

Just to clarify in case it wasn't clear, I got the Hitman 2 Access Pass in the store of the Hitman 2 game (disc), NOT inside Hitman 3.

spectator

Jan 23, 2018
Don't know if this has been posted but you can download the Hitman 2 access pass for 3 from within the Hitman 2 in-game store.

I sure don't see any of the access passes in the store in my version of Hitman 2. Meanwhile, when I go to the PSN store, all of the access passes have (large) price tags, despite my (digitally) owning both Hitman and Hitman 2.

??

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
I hope we get our Hitman 2 levels for the PC version soon - it'll be so nice to have one place to jump into all the levels.

Vault Boy

Nov 2, 2017
Played Hitman 1, skipped Hitman 2, now really wishing I had bought the Hitman 2 Gold edition in the end of year sale for $14.99 since it's $99.99 again now...

I guess because of this I'll wait until that goes on sale again before I buy Hitman 3, since the progress transfer only works once. It seems like having Hitman 2 on sale again for Hitman 3 launch week would be a selling point, but what do I know.

Carcosan Stag

Oct 25, 2017
R'lyeh
So when are we supposed to be getting Hitman 2 levels in Hitman 3 on PC? I did the content transfer thing on their website but Hitman 2 content in Hitman 3 still says 'Get Access'.. Kinda silly to even offer the option to transfer Steam > EGS transfers if it's not actually gonna transfer the content, no?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So when are we supposed to be getting Hitman 2 levels in Hitman 3 on PC? I did the content transfer thing on their website but Hitman 2 content in Hitman 3 still says 'Get Access'.. Kinda silly to even offer the option to transfer Steam > EGS transfers if it's not actually gonna transfer the content, no?
They just said in the coming weeks

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I sure don't see any of the access passes in the store in my version of Hitman 2. Meanwhile, when I go to the PSN store, all of the access passes have (large) price tags, despite my (digitally) owning both Hitman and Hitman 2.

??

If you own 2 digitally, you should go into the in-game store in 3 and be able to get the Access Pack for free there instead.

You only need to go into 2's in-game store for it if you own the disc release of 2, because they understandably can't check that it's on your account. I guess the PS Now version is similar, based on Nesther's post?

EDIT: Digitally owning 1 means nothing, though. You still need to redeem the Legacy Pack inside it either way. And then check 3's in-game store, not regular PSN.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm... so that means, on PSN, there's no way to confirm that the game sees your licenses for 1 and 2 (and won't charge you for them) prior to purchasing 3... ?

If you own 1, it doesn't matter if it's digital, you always need to open it and redeem the Legacy Pack anyway.

For 2, if it's digital it should not charge you for them in 3. If it's disc, you also need to open that and redeem the Access Pack (the reason for the different name for 1's is that Legacy is 1 -> 2, it is just also checked by 3 to grant you 1's Access Pack).

Thanks.

I need to redeem the Legacy Pack within 1?

Yup. The Legacy Pack is in 1's in-game store.

EDIT: whoops sorry did not see that I was quoting you both times... I really need to go get some coffee, lol