• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
So, what's the difference between the HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition and
HITMAN 1 Complete First Season Access Pass? I've got the latter in my library, but would need to purchase the former separately. The notification on EGS says that I should get the GOTY Edition Access Pass for free, so what's with the pass I did get here? I'd assume the only stuff missing here would be Patient Zero, which I don't terribly mind not having, but didn't IOI say that even if you didn't have the GOTY edition previously you'd still have access to it in Hitman 3?

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
The Hitman 1 GOTY Access Pass worked no issue.
Funny, I've been having the exact opposite problem on Xbox Series X. Hitman 2 Gold content works just fine, but I can't download Hitman 1 GOTY, even though I own it. It might have something to do with the fact I got Hitman 1 in Games With Gold a few years back, and now there might be some problem going on with the licenses.

Oh well.

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Funny, I've been having the exact opposite problem on Xbox Series X. Hitman 2 Gold content works just fine, but I can't download Hitman 1 GOTY, even though I own it. It might have something to do with the fact I got Hitman 1 in Games With Gold a few years back, and now there might be some problem going on with the licenses.

Oh well.
I haven't tried on the XSX yet as I'm waiting for the progression so could very well be the same. I also got H1 through GWG though, and it had allowed me to get the Legacy pack so I assume it will be fine. Just seems there's a number of issues going on, hopefully all of which will be solved when servers start to come back into action lol.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
So I own hitman 3 on epic and hitman 1 and 2 on steam. However, if I go to add-ons in the EGS, it still shows the hitman 1 access pass as being 30 euro? Shouldn't it be free at this point?

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Having the game issue with H1 content on Series X. I thought H1 was Game Pass originally, but I was able to download all the legacy packs for each destination and can play them in Hitman 2. H1 access pass for H3 is showing up at full price, while my H2 content carried over without having to download anything.

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
Actually have free time to play the game now and their site keeps timing out before I can finish the carryover process on PS5. So annoying.

no point in playing if I'll have to just redo any Hitman 3 parts, plus I was wanting to replay the Hitman1 levels as my progress hadn't carried over into 2.

First time I've been hyped to play a game at launch in ages and I'm just sitting here like a dope refreshing a browser page and waiting.

Will try again in a few hours I guess?

Oct 28, 2017
Brazil
I haven't tried on the XSX yet as I'm waiting for the progression so could very well be the same. I also got H1 through GWG though, and it had allowed me to get the Legacy pack so I assume it will be fine. Just seems there's a number of issues going on, hopefully all of which will be solved when servers start to come back into action lol.
Yeah, I'm keeping my fingers crossed here since Hitman GOTY is working just fine with Hitman 2 (haven't uninstalled it yet, but oh does SSR make a huge difference).

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
So, what's the difference between the HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition and
HITMAN 1 Complete First Season Access Pass? I've got the latter in my library, but would need to purchase the former separately. The notification on EGS says that I should get the GOTY Edition Access Pass for free, so what's with the pass I did get here? I'd assume the only stuff missing here would be Patient Zero, which I don't terribly mind not having, but didn't IOI say that even if you didn't have the GOTY edition previously you'd still have access to it in Hitman 3?

I think what you're seeing is that you own the first game; "Complete First Season" has only been used as the title of the full release of Hitman 1 to my knowledge.

Did you buy Hitman 3 yet? Based on the wording of the guide, you may need to own it to make the pack free if you own 1. Not sure if it's got an in-game store like the console versions or not, but if it does it would be good to check there specifically.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
I think what you're seeing is that you own the first game; "Complete First Season" has only been used as the title of the full release of Hitman 1 to my knowledge.

Did you buy Hitman 3 yet? Based on the wording of the guide, you may need to own it to make the pack free if you own 1. Not sure if it's got an in-game store like the console versions or not, but if it does it would be good to check there specifically.
OLe0Xet.png

Based off the thumbnail, I'd say this is definitely not the normal Hitman 1 game. Clicking on the store page for the left item here only takes me to the Hitman 3 store page.

Edit:

JkynSjh.png

Strangely enough, the icon used for that access pass is completely different from any of the other access pass icons, which is super strange bc to my knowledge there should be only one access pass for Hitman 1?

8bit

Oct 27, 2017
I bought the Gold & GOTY of 1 & 2, but I don't seem to have a download for the H2 Gold pack on PSN, it links to a £7.99 DLC pack. I do see pretty much every individual DLC for H2 though.

Narpas Sword0

Oct 28, 2017
I'm on hitman 2 disc on PS5, looking at store tab, and I don't even see an option to claim 2 itself? I have a check mark for 2 expansion pass and for 1. Am I meant to see the main 2 campaign here for 3?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
So I own hitman 3 on epic and hitman 1 and 2 on steam. However, if I go to add-ons in the EGS, it still shows the hitman 1 access pass as being 30 euro? Shouldn't it be free at this point?
Hitman 1 access pass, independently of you having H1 on Steam, is free for the next 10 days.

Check it's just showing the price, but the button says "I have it" or something like that.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
Hitman 1 access pass, independently of you having H1 on Steam, is free for the next 10 days.

Check it's just showing the price, but the button says "I have it" or something like that.

Figured it out. I had to buy it and in the checkout screen I got a 100 % discount. Still weird it shows full price on the store and the discount comes later, but this whole level import process has been bizarre.

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Does anyone know the process for importing Hitman 2 on a disc into Hitman 3? Also, does anyone know if you have to have imported Hitman 1 into Hitman 2 in order to get Hitman 1 in Hitman 3?

Lothars

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Oh well.
What I had to do is download hitman 1 and redeem the hitman 1 goty once i did that i was able to redeem the hitman 1 goty portion in hitman 3.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Figured it out. I had to buy it and in the checkout screen I got a 100 % discount. Still weird it shows full price on the store and the discount comes later, but this whole level import process has been bizarre.
Mmm interesting. I definitely didn't have to do that, I already had it in my account the moment they released the game.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Is the IOI website chugging hard for anybody else? Trying to sign in so I can transfer my Hitman 2 progress and it's having a hard time both on PS4 and my PC.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Does anyone know the process for importing Hitman 2 on a disc into Hitman 3? Also, does anyone know if you have to have imported Hitman 1 into Hitman 2 in order to get Hitman 1 in Hitman 3?

Yeah, you need to have imported Hitman into Hitman 2 to get Hitman 1 stuff into Hitman 3.

Deleted member 11008

User requested account closure
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
This time there are not way to play Hitman 1 (and 2 I guess) levels on Hitman 3 engine without have to purchase Hitman 3 right?

Last edited:

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
I started downloading Hitman 1 after seeing the Hitman 1 Access Pass was still showing as £24.99 - saw a recommendation to download 1 and redeem the GOTY pack in there.

On a whim I went to buy the £24.99 Access Pass and it discounted to £0.00 upon checkout.

"Installed" the pack (didn't download anything) and now I can access Hitman 1 levels in 3 - just got to wait for the transfer to work and then I will just play. The free solution to play Hitman 2 levels in 3 can wait as I still have plenty to work towards in 1 alone.

mixmixmixmix

Jan 9, 2018
Halifax
I'm assuming having 1 and 2 on steam, I can just sit tight for a year, and when 3 is available, everything will be seamless. Hopefully this deal was worth it for IOI.

Oct 25, 2017
I put this in the OT, but am I shit out of luck for getting the H1 maps?

I bought this version of the game when it launched in 2016, and got the "upgrade pack" for that

image.png

But whenever I look in the store for PSN, all Hitman 1 things are either "not available for purchase" or the upgrades for Hitman 2 which want me to pay

PSN has completely delisted the version of Hitman I own and I can't even redownload it. It's not even listed under purchases even though I still have the receipts

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
I put this in the OT, but am I shit out of luck for getting the H1 maps?

I bought this version of the game when it launched in 2016, and got the "upgrade pack" for that

image.png

But whenever I look in the store for PSN, all Hitman 1 things are either "not available for purchase" or the upgrades for Hitman 2 which want me to pay

PSN has completely delisted the version of Hitman I own and I can't even redownload it. It's not even listed under purchases even though I still have the receipts
Try restoring your licenses on your PS4? I had the free version of Hitman complete edition and I wasn't able to find it in my list of PS+ games for a while when I'd search. Now I bought the GOTY version of 1 just the other day to make sure I had the complete package with all DLC and Patient Zero and all of the costumes or whatever else is included. It's so fucking confusing actually. Anyhow, since buying GOTY (1), H2 Gold Edition and 3 Deluxe, when I go through my list in my game library on the PS Store it shows a little PS+ symbol next to my Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition which I bought for PS5, so I have no clue why it shows that, but it's weird. Just ridiculously confusing for no good fucking reason. I still can't figure out what the hell a Intro Pack is, or why it's needed, but I have it so, okay.

Oct 25, 2017
Try restoring your licenses on your PS4? I had the free version of Hitman complete edition and I wasn't able to find it in my list of PS+ games for a while when I'd search. Now I bought the GOTY version of 1 just the other day to make sure I had the complete package with all DLC and Patient Zero and all of the costumes or whatever else is included. It's so fucking confusing actually. Anyhow, since buying GOTY (1), H2 Gold Edition and 3 Deluxe, when I go through my list in my game library on the PS Store it shows a little PS+ symbol next to my Hitman 3 Deluxe Edition which I bought for PS5, so I have no clue why it shows that, but it's weird. Just ridiculously confusing for no good fucking reason. I still can't figure out what the hell a Intro Pack is, or why it's needed, but I have it so, okay.

Remember how the first Hitman game was released episodically?

The intro pack is just the tutorial + Paris

The upgrade pack added all the other levels.

I didn't buy the GOTY edition because I read if you own the standard edition of Hitman, you would get the GOTY upgrade for free... but I didn't buy the standard edition apparently. This was the "launch edition" of Hitman 1.

Why did they make this whole process so confusing?

BourbonJungle

Nov 1, 2017
So I'm finally into my IO account, downloaded all the Hitman 1 and 2 levels.

But on the progress carryover site it says I have no eligible Hitman 2 account, even though they're both under my same PSN and IO profiles!?!

It unlocked the bonus suits from Hitman 2 but not the progress. This is so stupid.

k0fighter

Oct 25, 2017
Remember how the first Hitman game was released episodically?

The intro pack is just the tutorial + Paris

The upgrade pack added all the other levels.

I didn't buy the GOTY edition because I read if you own the standard edition of Hitman, you would get the GOTY upgrade for free... but I didn't buy the standard edition apparently. This was the "launch edition" of Hitman 1.

Why did they make this whole process so confusing?
I think the episodic content and how they undid that is what ultimately fucked it all up.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
On PS4, own the other games digitally. I've previously redeemed the H1 Legacy Pack in Hitman 2.

In Hitman 2, it shows all the levels unlocked in the Destinations menu but says I need to buy access to Hitman 1/2 in the Campaigns menu?

OP
OP
Kyuuji

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hi guys, I'm having a bit of trouble with the Hitman 1 maps, here is my purchase history:

Whats-App-Image-2021-01-20-at-08-29-37.jpg

Maybe it's an issue with the braziliian PS Store...
Have you done this part?
  • Hitman 1 GOTY Content: You must have downloaded the Legacy pack for Hitman 1 to get this for free in 3.
If so then seems you're affected by one of the issues as well. Best to wait until they sort their end out over at IO.

TheYanger

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I jsut went to the destination in H3, click it, click 'get access' and then 'download' on the popup it gives, since that way it correctly identifies which version of which pack you need.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
So, on EGS if I buy HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion I can play hitman 2 levels in 3? Do I need to download 2 or will it detect my steam version of it?

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I've asked this in another thread but no-one seemed to know... How do trophies work when you move across to hitman 3 to play hitman 1/2 content? Is the trophy shared between games? Or do they have to be earned in each? Is there even any legacy trophies for hitman 1/2 in hitman 3? Or are hitman 3 trophies ONLY for hitman 3 content?

Oct 25, 2017
I guess I have to rebuy Hitman 1.

What a fucking mess.

I can't download the "legacy pack" because the version of Hitman I bough (the starter edition) and the individual episodes are delisted, and I didn't download some of the episodes because it was released episodically so I can't get the legacy pack needed for the upgrade.

Sony is straight up treating me like I never bought Hitman 1 at all, because the version I bought is delisted and it's not even in my download history anymore despite having the receipt of purchase.

Seriously, just what the fuck. Why were so many different versions of Hitman 1 made?

No Depth

Oct 27, 2017
Only seeing the standard edition access passes for Hitman 1 and 2 on ps5 as 'free'. But I definitely own gold edition with all dlc. Other access passes have pricing so what am I missing?

Fuck it in redownloading both games in case something didn't activate on my license years ago or whatever. I did not spend much time with hitman 2 at launch and didn't download all dlc back then so maybe that's the issue?

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I guess I have to rebuy Hitman 1.

What a fucking mess.

I can't download the "legacy pack" because the version of Hitman I bough (the starter edition) and the individual episodes are delisted, and I didn't download some of the episodes because it was released episodically so I can't get the legacy pack needed for the upgrade.

Sony is straight up treating me like I never bought Hitman 1 at all, because the version I bought is delisted and it's not even in my download history anymore despite having the receipt of purchase.

Seriously, just what the fuck. Why were so many different versions of Hitman 1 made?
Same kind of issue on Xbox. I have hitman 1 goty straight but it seems to recognized only the upgrade pack if you bought hitman 1 then upgraded back then. I can't have hitman 1 for free in hitman 3

Oct 25, 2017
This is a clusterfuck. I don't think they could have made it any more convoluted.

On one hand, I can't really blame them since this trilogy has shifted publishers 3 times for each entry (Square -> Wb -> Self Publish)

On the other hand, I can blame them for trying to make 3 a platform for all their content instead of just it's own thing. The method to actually claim all this content is a mess

Ginger Hail

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Since the other thread's moving pretty quick, are any other disc owners of Hitman 2 having issues getting the Access Pass for the base game locations? Their instructions stated that the pass should be appearing in H2's in-game store but there's no sign of it anywhere for me. Has anyone actually seen it pop up for them?