• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters
May 5, 2018
Dropping to to say I've gotten back to playing Hitman 3. Absolutely loved playing the free starter pack for 3 on my bro's PS5 and then he got 1 and 2 to group together. Did all the maps in 1 and 4 of the maps in 2 but really enjoyed my time with them.

Then my brother made a big move and with me still without a PS5, I bought Hitman 3 on sale on EGS. Its been pretty great. Really dug the Dartmoor Mystery story mission and how they made a solid murder mystery game within the Hitman formula. The Berlin map is a very fun twist that takes the Hitman format in a new direction. Now I'm in Chongqing and eager to get into more of that. I'll list some of my favorite assassinations in spoiler territory:

In Dubai, I did the Bodyguard story mission and after completing Marcus' test, I bopped him with a banana. Had hoped that it would knock him off the edge but I dragged him off.

In Dartmoor, I got Alexa with a newspaper because I thought it was funny. Then I dumped her off the edge after I got the case file.

In Berlin I killed one of the agent by throwing an iron at his head while hiding behind a wall and FINALLY I killed somebody by throwing a blunt object at them which caused them to fall off a cliff! As you can tell I like taking targets out with random non-lethal objects. I also got a biker's "poisoned" food delivered and drowned him in a toilet, knowing he was w/ the ICA.

Also c'mon, Banana should be winning that poll.

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
I'm also back to playing this because the access passes were on sale on psn. I had hitman 1 and 2 on PC, but I bought 3 on my ps5… Nice to be diving back in and experimenting again.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
I own the complete versions of Hitman 1 and 2 digitally on PS4: if I plan on buying Hitman 3 sometime in the future, is it worth moving on to the free Hitman 3 app and playing the levels from 1 and 2 in that, if I'm on a base PS4? Will they get any worthwhile upgrades, or is the fact they're built for next gen mean performance will be worse when played via Hitman 3?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I own the complete versions of Hitman 1 and 2 digitally on PS4: if I plan on buying Hitman 3 sometime in the future, is it worth moving on to the free Hitman 3 app and playing the levels from 1 and 2 in that, if I'm on a base PS4? Will they get any worthwhile upgrades, or is the fact they're built for next gen mean performance will be worse when played via Hitman 3?
Play them in Hitman 3. There have been some upgrades to the engine that the base PS4 will benefit from.

If you care about the story even slightly, skip the opening cutscene in Hitman 3 because it recaps 1&2 even if you've never played them. You can choose to rewatch it when you start the H3 campaign.

Jimnymebob

Oct 26, 2017
Play them in Hitman 3. There have been some upgrades to the engine that the base PS4 will benefit from.

If you care about the story even slightly, skip the opening cutscene in Hitman 3 because it recaps 1&2 even if you've never played them. You can choose to rewatch it when you start the H3 campaign.
Right, thanks lol. I will do- I only played up to Paris- I got the game mainly to play with contracts, but i do wanna play the main story through.
I know I need to dl the Hitman GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold access packs, but what do I do for installation? Uninstall Hitman 2 Gold (with the Hitman 1 levels), install Hitman 3, and install the access packs, or are the access packs just unlock keys?

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
Right, thanks lol. I will do- I only played up to Paris- I got the game mainly to play with contracts, but i do wanna play the main story through.
I know I need to dl the Hitman GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold access packs, but what do I do for installation? Uninstall Hitman 2 Gold (with the Hitman 1 levels), install Hitman 3, and install the access packs, or are the access packs just unlock keys?
I had everything unlocked and installed in Hitman 2 when I installed Hitman 3 and I think I just had to buy the packs from inside Hitman 3 (they detected I owned them and showed as free). If you haven't unlocked Hitman 1 inside Hitman 2 yet, I think you need to do that first (from inside Hitman 1).

edit: actual instructions.

garion333

Oct 27, 2017
Hey all, picked up Hitman 3 finally. I have 1&2 on PS4, but only played parts of 1, so basically haven't played anything. Lol

Thing is I got H3 on my Series X. I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg to but 1&2 again on Xbox, but I am curious if the story is worth it?

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Hey all, picked up Hitman 3 finally. I have 1&2 on PS4, but only played parts of 1, so basically haven't played anything. Lol

Thing is I got H3 on my Series X. I'd rather not pay an arm and a leg to but 1&2 again on Xbox, but I am curious if the story is worth it?
If you want the story, just watch the mission intros on YouTube, I bet you can find them there.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm sorry as I know this has likely been asked a trillion times, but how do I get the Hitman 2 levels into Hitman 3? I see the PSN standard edition is on sale for like $9 right now so I was going to purchase and import it into the 3's client. But I'm confused because I think I've read the standard edition does not qualify to be imported into 3.

EDIT: Why the hell is this so confusing.

Last edited:

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry as I know this has likely been asked a trillion times, but how do I get the Hitman 2 levels into Hitman 3? I see the PSN standard edition is on sale for like $9 right now so I was going to purchase and import it into the 3's client. But I'm confused because I think I've read the standard edition does not qualify to be imported into 3.

EDIT: Why the hell is this so confusing.
From what I recall, you need to have both Hitman 2 and 3 installed on your console. Then you boot up Hitman 2, and in its main menu you will find a new option that pertains to unlocking its content for Hitman 3. Select that and follow the process.

You may or may not need to tie your PSN account to your IOI account. You can do that here: https://account.ioi.dk/

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Season of Lust looks to be the best H3 update yet!

Bummed I'm missing all these Elusives while I'm away from my PS5 :(

rahji

Oct 25, 2017

For me it seems to a very good update. New elusive target should come live today and I can't wait to duck around again in Mendoza.

breakfuss

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
From what I recall, you need to have both Hitman 2 and 3 installed on your console. Then you boot up Hitman 2, and in its main menu you will find a new option that pertains to unlocking its content for Hitman 3. Select that and follow the process.

You may or may not need to tie your PSN account to your IOI account. You can do that here: https://account.ioi.dk/
Hey, thank you. I guess what I mean to ask is should I get the standard Hitman 2 or the Gold edition? Which would you recommend?

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hey, thank you. I guess what I mean to ask is should I get the standard Hitman 2 or the Gold edition? Which would you recommend?
The Gold Edition, as it comes with the two DLC maps (which are part of the story).

Also, if you want to import Hitman 1's levels in Hitman 3, you need to first import them to Hitman 2, and then you import Hitman 2 (which now contains Hitman 1) in Hitman 3. The reason for this is because Hitman 3 can only interact with Hitman 2.

Guppeth

Oct 25, 2017
Sheffield, UK
I was ruthlessly efficient with the ET, so missed all the dialogue.

Euler13 has a video as usual, and there's some cool stuff I probably wouldn't have found. But if you follow them around and listen carefully, there's a clue.
The target mentions leaving his scrapbook in his van. If you find his van you find the scrapbook and some poison. Show the scrapbook to his intended victims and they'll make an excuse and leave. The target goes to the cinema and mopes around a bit, then has a glass of wine.
Here's the video with all the dialogue.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I was ruthlessly efficient with the ET, so missed all the dialogue.

Euler13 has a video as usual, and there's some cool stuff I probably wouldn't have found. But if you follow them around and listen carefully, there's a clue.
The target mentions leaving his scrapbook in his van. If you find his van you find the scrapbook and some poison. Show the scrapbook to his intended victims and they'll make an excuse and leave. The target goes to the cinema and mopes around a bit, then has a glass of wine.
Here's the video with all the dialogue.

Seeing these dialogue videos and new elusive targets having some form of a mission story in them does show how much more IO is putting into their elusives these days even if we're not getting them as frequently as the 2016 days. It also makes less sense that they're time limited as a result.

GonzoCR

Oct 28, 2017
Is anyone getting weird performance issues on PC? I bought the game at launch and haven't had any problem at all with its performance but I played it today to do the elusive target and the game seems to freeze for half a second occasionally when I move the camera. It's especially bad in Mendoza, but happens in all maps. Don't really know what to do, my PC in theory should have no problem running the game.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
Did the ET with the good old fashioned explosive in the trash plan when he pretends to take a phone call in the cinema. It was a fun target.

I did just discover this.

If Hitman 1 complete season as a free game from PS+ is in your library, it will allow you to redeem the Hitman 1 legacy pass from its main menu. Usually, free PS+ games don't enable offers that purchased games do.

Once the legacy pass is redeemed through H1 PS+, the Hitman 1 GOTY access pass will show up as free in the Playstation store and can be redeemed.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping they bring in some Elusives for Colorado and Hokkaido soon. I miss the jacket and fedora you get from Colorado.

Anyway, I hopped back in after not playing for a few months to clean up some achievements. Mendoza is the map I spent the least amount of time on and there's actually a lot of cool stuff that can happen there.The hidden mission story in particular was pretty neat.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017

The Dartmoor garden show mission is neat. It is mostly asset reuse but the garden does have a new feel to it. The only accessible part of the manor is the back room where the family meeting takes place and its adjoining hallways. There isn't a briefing but there's a lot of new dialogue. Although I'm sure we all would have liked for it to be an actual bonus mission instead of an escalation but I see why they did it. They wanted you to play the mission with different targets rather than have 5 targets all at once. They probably could have just made it as a bonus mission and let contracts mode be the way to let us try different targets. But whatever, having another mission for contracts mode is always a plus.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017

The Dartmoor garden show mission is neat. It is mostly asset reuse but the garden does have a new feel to it. The only accessible part of the manor is the back room where the family meeting takes place and its adjoining hallways. There isn't a briefing but there's a lot of new dialogue. Although I'm sure we all would have liked for it to be an actual bonus mission instead of an escalation but I see why they did it. They wanted you to play the mission with different targets rather than have 5 targets all at once. They probably could have just made it as a bonus mission and let contracts mode be the way to let us try different targets. But whatever, having another mission for contracts mode is always a plus.

I like the map changes, but I do not really like escalations. I hope they change it to a mission.

Kyari

Oct 25, 2017
Played through the Dartmoor Garden Show last night and .... yeah I guess objectively it is a different target every time ....
I feel like they kind of made it sound like the target was randomised rather than just .... it changes in each stage of the escalation. And Deterministic mode is just .... who cares? I don't really understand the point of it.

Its neat that they basically added this as a thing for people to have fun making Contracts in but as a piece of content it felt disappointing.

Its a real shame that all the post release stuff has basically been Escalations. I guess people must like them, or they wouldn't be making them, but I've just never been a fan at all.

rahji

Oct 25, 2017
I did the garden show and enjoyed the new content especially the recurring characters like sato or stuyvesant. They have a lot of new dialogue which is always a good thing. There are no new kills but whatever I had fun for some hours. I couldn't figure out how to start deterministic mode. From the feedback here it doesn't seem that good.
Keep it coming IOI.

Artifice

Oct 30, 2017
I did the garden show and enjoyed the new content especially the recurring characters like sato or stuyvesant. They have a lot of new dialogue which is always a good thing. There are no new kills but whatever I had fun for some hours. I couldn't figure out how to start deterministic mode. From the feedback here it doesn't seem that good.
Keep it coming IOI.
The deterministic mode will be enabled when you choose the alternate starting location.

Bitch Pudding

Oct 25, 2017
Love this game so much. Trying to get Silent Assassin + Suit only in one's first attempt of a level is just completely bonkers.

Dec 29, 2017
After this last update I've been having framerate issues on PC. Random frame drops here and there. It's especially bad when first starting a level and then it eventually smooths out after a few minutes of play. This never happened before the update. Playing at 1080p 60fps with a GTX 1080.

Spring-Loaded

Oct 27, 2017
Had a dream about hitman. E3-like demonstration. Sort of felt like I was half watching half playing, but either knew this was someone putting on a show gameplay demo style.

Paris level again, but targets already dead, player was leaving, gradually show other players, cooperative. Implied to be much more complex mission, with varied cooperative opportunities. Freight elevator in mansion staff/cargo area was the exit, but it starts beeping as someone approaches our floor. we somehow know this is bad, and player group splits up out of panic.

Armoured/implied near-unstoppable enemy (player-controlled?) is entering game looking for us, which is why we try to escape rather than fight. I take stairs going up as lift doors open, climb some ladders, pipes to reach some scaffolding/ventilation to get to roof where I knew an exit was (helicopter?), not public area.

Trying to play it calm to avoid suspicion—might have been a way to fool player to think I'm AI? Notice enemy player enter room below me, and stand still hoping they go past.

Spotted, and they fire RPG at my position. Immediate alert, run further into revamped bigger scaffolding area with maze-like ventilation stuff everywhere. pursued by enemy player(?), but hiding from level security. watch as player gets in huge shootout with security. Tonnes of guards pour in with incredibly lifelike pathing and animations.

AI enemies have a drone, enemy player gets killed, but alert guards everywhere. I'm able to hack drone and it starts targeting and shooting at guards.

Get spotted, and try to shoot guards with silenced pistol. running through crowd of guards as they notice me 1 by 1.

realise I'm getting prompts to dual wield weapons on ground (because already in alert?) and pick up enemy baton and an axe.

"game" feels like VR/first person now, and am swinging around beating/killing guards while getting really swarmed as I try to escape. It's like John Wick mixed with club scene from collateral, feels like AI detection is complex/"believable" enough that guards/civilians only realise what's happening realistically (granular and loacslised alerts/caution statuses among AI), so ensuing chaos helps give cover to escape.

Manage to slip outside amid panic as more guards rush inside. Exit level just walking away down side street.

incredible amount of implied systemic chaos. i am already looking forward to more of this literal dream game in future dream expos

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

IOI Insider - TLDR/W
  • Season Reveal
    • Act 5: Gluttony - 31st August to UNKNOWN
      • Escalation - Chongqing - The Gluttony Gobble (Pig)
      • The Profligacy Suit (Has a cape!)
      • The Maximalist Shotgun (Sawed off)
      • "Bubble Queen" Gum Pack (Sedative)
        You can place, attract an NPC, they will eat it
  • Food is everywhere around the map
  • Pig Masks on guards in Chongqing
  • "Follow a wish list"
  • "Pig plays a pivotable part in the escalation"
    Feed the pig, very specific requests and methods
    Very important that you read the intel the pig gives you (mocked not fail)
  • Intro of the escalation"
    Go 47! Fill the pig!"
  • Order of the sins flipped
    • "Ending with wrath felt better than envy"
  • Featured Contracts
    • The Dartmoor Garden Massacre by Bulcer
      • The story in this is very inviting to allow you to use different tools with a cool narrative.
    • The Casanovas by Pootis.exe
    • Romeo & Juliet by GlogolZ
      • All are really really fun
  • Community Q&A
    • Q: How do I submit a contract to be featured?
    • A: Every month on Hitman Forum there is a thread that allows you to submit a contract and explains what happens.
    • Q: Is there going to be a reward for completing 60 FCs?
    • A: Probably not Season of Gluttony, but there will be a reward.
    • Q: Sales?
    • A: Crazy sales on all platforms for summer, best thing to do is to keep an eye on IOI's social media.
    • Q: Butcher Suit?
    • A: It was a concept that was in motion. Might have a place down the line, might never come out.
    • Q: Modding Policy?
    • A: Working on what the stance could be, right now the official rule is no modifications to the game.
    • Q: Server replacement?
    • A: More tricky, more of a red flag, never going to support officially or unofficially (keep on the radar).
    • Q: Contracts mode
    • A: No changes on the table in the immediate future, for now wait and see, it's noted and being discussed. They can say we like the ideas, but we cannot say we can make it happen.
    • Q: Haven island wallhacks
    • A: Always making fixes to wallhacks, have a database of tracked wallhacks to fix. Leaning more heavily to Hitman 3 bugs.
    • Q: Trinity pack purchaseable?
    • A: Talks on if they should do this, currently pre-order only.
    • Q: Raytracing
    • A: News on this to come, stay tuned.
    • Q: Seasonal Events coming back?
    • A: More info about that soon.
    • Q: Solstice Suit
    • A: No one has ever talked about that officially from IOI.
  • Other Info
    • Started with a trailer for Hitman 3 (Same as accolades, no actual text on screen though)
    • No IOI Insider extra stream in August, had to manage vacation time, not enough content to be in one
      • All effort went into this one. One will be in September (mid), cool guest coming on.
    • Short term future and slightly further down the line
  • Update is August 31st
    • Server maintenance, usual times, things are slightly different:
      • No patch for the season to start (small patch for PC)
      • Server maintenance will add everything
      • Next patch in September (Envy)
      • ADDS SHOULDER SWAP!!!
  • Cool roadmap video you "do not want to miss"
    • New ET, new FCs etc
  • Live team is making all the 7DS, ETs, new items etc
  • Shortest season yet

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
c3GUtRN.jpg

tomofthepops

Oct 27, 2017
Did the consoles ever receive a ray tracing update ? They were talking about it when the game came out but can't seem to see anything ?

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Whenever I am lethargic and don't know what to play I come back to this. There is always a new escalation to kick the tires of. Or I just load up a map and have some fun in Miami or Sapienza.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
I REALLY hope the ray tracing update is still coming. This would make the game look phenomenal and it already looks great.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Catching up on content from the last few months; the Garden Show is quite fun, not on the level of the H1 Bonus Missions, but more involved than the H2 Special Assignments. It's really a beautiful setting.

I spent about an hour on the Lust mission finding all the clues, and after a certain point I gave up on being stealthy and started blowing away dozens of bikers as I scoured the level.

The Gluttony one is on the same tier as most of the other 7DS escalations, but that caped suit is swell. I've only completed the first stage.

And I guess I'll need to replay the Carpathian Mountains to unlock the Goldballer? No biggie if true.

Jubern

Oct 25, 2017
Hi,

I just got H3. I played H2 until the main story ended but haven't played the two DLC mission (bank and haven?)

Are those mandatory for the story OR really interesting to play?
If they're not, I'm tempted to just go into H3's story right now...

Thanks