• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Current mood seeing everyone else being able to play and being stuck waiting for this transfer to complete.

1x0up9.jpg

Heynongman!

Oct 25, 2017
Xbox owners:

Thank You. It wasn't working for me in the U.S. but you got me to dig deeper. Xbox owners try this:
  1. Optional - Confirm the price for the Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY is 29.99
  2. I found that there is another listing for the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 in the store. Go there and assuming it shows up free like it did for me, get it.
  3. Optional - Confirm that Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY now shows up as owned
  4. Close out Hitman 3, manage the installation and you should have 2 new items to install for the Hitman and Patient Zero campaign
Relaunching Hitman 3 now shows the check mark next to Hitman GOTY on the store tab and I can play the campaigns. Note that if I try selecting Hitman GOTY in the store, it still shows the access pack as 29.99 but everything is working in the game. Note that the access pack is just a grouping of the two items you installed through the process above.
This worked for me! Thanks

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
For anyone having issue with hitman 1 on Xbox. Don't know if posted. I saw on Reddit a Guy gave this link. It shows free. Redeemed it. And my hitman 3 started downloading hitman 1.

www.microsoft.com

Buy HITMAN™ - Legacy Pack - Microsoft Store

This Legacy Pack includes all remastered locations and missions from The Complete First Season. Enjoy all the remastered features of HITMAN™ 2, within Season 1 content. Items unlocked from HITMAN™ 2 content can be used in Season 1 locations and vice versa.
Sadly this does not work for all of us - I have the GOTY legacy pack currently installed in H@ as well as H1 installed with the Legacy pack redeemed in there - however H3 still wont allow me to access the pack and the link provided isn't changing anything for me. It seems to be working for some others though, so hopefully it will help for many!

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
all done. will play with 1 stages for a bit, until they fix the 2 ownership stuff.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Finally sat down and played Dubai even though my items still haven't transferred over.

Map seems fun!

But is it just me or are there are a lot of low resolution textures around? I noticed it at first looking at a terminal and then bathroom door signs and then lots of little signs and stuff just seemed out of place low res. I don't remember that in the last two games, but they did reduce the file size from like 150gb for Hitman 1/2 maps to 70gb for Hitman 1/2/3 maps combined. I wonder if the textures took a hit.

Also AA seemed a bit off. Does the game not support 120fps+? I had v-sync off but it definitely didn't feel more than 60fps w/g-sync and 144hz monitor.

NySpeed

Sep 13, 2020
Did you import the Hitman GOTY content into Hitman 2 before? I looked it up and I apparently originally bought Hitman 1 using Intro Pack and then the Game of the Year Edition Upgrade. I don't think that should have made a difference though.

Yes have hitman 1 goty installed, hitman 2 with hitman 1 content installed and Hitman 3 installed all on the same Xbox. I'll keep messing with it tho. Jeez, this is so freaking confusing...

NySpeed

Sep 13, 2020
Sadly this does not work for all of us - I have the GOTY legacy pack currently installed in H@ as well as H1 installed with the Legacy pack redeemed in there - however H3 still wont allow me to access the pack and the link provided isn't changing anything for me. It seems to be working for some others though, so hopefully it will help for many!

Yes glad it is working for some people. But looks like we in the same boat. A pat of me just wants to say F this and just buy the Hitman 1 content through Hitman 3 if it not cleared up in the next day or so....

atomsk

Oct 28, 2017
finally got the PS5 Upgrade installed with the PS4 disc.

annoying the game tries to install the PS4 version every time I put the disc in. (I'd rather save that disc space for other games)

Miles Morales and Dirt 5 didn't do that.

but at least everything is installed now.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
worth going through the whole trilogy for context/story before hitting 3?

It's worth going through them because the old maps hold up just fine visually & gameplay and are fantastic. Might as well play the game in order. Paris is incredible and a great way to get the hang of this Hitman (well the ICU facility stuff is pretty good for training too).

That being said, the story barely matters in these games, so no harm in playing 3 first I'd imagine. I don't even remember the story much at this point.

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox owners:

Thank You. It wasn't working for me in the U.S. but you got me to dig deeper. Xbox owners try this:
  1. Optional - Confirm the price for the Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY is 29.99
  2. I found that there is another listing for the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 in the store. Go there and assuming it shows up free like it did for me, get it.
  3. Optional - Confirm that Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY now shows up as owned
  4. Close out Hitman 3, manage the installation and you should have 2 new items to install for the Hitman and Patient Zero campaign
Relaunching Hitman 3 now shows the check mark next to Hitman GOTY on the store tab and I can play the campaigns. Note that if I try selecting Hitman GOTY in the store, it still shows the access pack as 29.99 but everything is working in the game. Note that the access pack is just a grouping of the two items you installed through the process above.
This doesn't work for me- it just shows "not available for sale" for the legacy pack for h2.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
PSN -> PSN carryover finished for me. Went from Error -> Pending a few hours ago and hit Finished now. To give ya'll some hope that they are working through the queue as we speak.
So quick inventory. I seem to have all of my unlocked items weapons, gear, suits, etc. Even the santa suit for the holiday mission that doesn't exist anymore.

HOWEVER. All of my escalations (I only played H1 tutorial and Paris) are set to base level even though I have the challenges for doing them. I also have a handful of mission story challenges undone, but only some of them for some reason.

And a strange oddity, the game advises I watch the prologue cutscene before starting the tutorial, but that alert doesn't exist on anything else. So it somehow forgot I watched the prologue, but understands I've played through the game?

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
I spent 3 hours exploring Dubai tonight. I have nearly all the areas explored. This level is so dense. This is the type of open-world I really like. Things feel organic and exploration is rewarded through opportunities instead of gear or the like.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
worth going through the whole trilogy for context/story before hitting 3?

Wouldn't stress about story or context but it's worth going through the whole trilogy because it's all so damn good. This isn't a series where each game has made massive changes and improved. It's all comparable in terms of gameplay/scope etc. Some of the Hitman 1 stuff is still the very best stuff in the trilogy and same for some of the Hitman 2 stuff.

Look it as all one mega-game. I'd say start at the beginning if you've never played before. No reason to jump straight to Hitman 3 stages.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
That benchmark is crazy, reminded me of the final scene in Skyfall. My 3070 fell to 50% usage at one point with max graphics 1440p, here is a game that likes to kick a CPU's ass.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't downloaded it through hitman 3. Go in manage game / add on in your Xbox dashboard then it will appear as not installed. From hitman 3 main menu it was still showing that I needed to pay. Try I think it might works

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ugh the website is back to just 503 errors so I can't even check up on my status anymore.

Oct 27, 2017
Are all items supposed to carry over? I had two rubber ducks in H2 and now in H3 I only have one (Remote Concussion Collectors Rubber Duck). None of my ducks came from mastery levels. It was all just there when I downloaded all the games and dlc.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
Wouldn't stress about story or context but it's worth going through the whole trilogy because it's all so damn good. This isn't a series where each game has made massive changes and improved. Some of the Hitman 1 stuff is still the very best stuff in the trilogy and same for some of the Hitman 2 stuff.

Look it as all one mega-game. I'd say start at the beginning if you've never played before. No reason to jump straight to Hitman 3.
Agreed 100%. Plus there are lots of little references to characters and events of earlier levels that you will miss out on if you haven't played them.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Are all items supposed to carry over? I had two rubber ducks in H2 and now in H3 I only have one. None of my ducks came from mastery levels. It was all just then when I downloaded all the games and dlc.
Did yours say complete? Mines missing quite a lot of stuff like mission objectives and a bunch of stuff like the Sean Bean explosive pen and reqium suit. Oddly, I've got other stuff I never had before like the red and white briefcases

Oct 27, 2017
Did yours say complete? Mines missing quite a lot of stuff like mission objectives and a bunch of stuff like the Sean Bean explosive pen and reqium suit. Oddly, I've got other stuff I never had before like the red and white briefcases
Not sure. I can't get the site to load, but I was able to start the process. Just like you said I got both suitcases but never had them before.

Feeroper

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't downloaded it through hitman 3. Go in manage game / add on in your Xbox dashboard then it will appear as not installed. From hitman 3 main menu it was still showing that I needed to pay. Try I think it might works
I appreciate your help. I tried this as well and it doesn't show as not installed. In H1 and H2 it shows both legacy packs as being installed and present, but in H3 it doesn't appear at all. It has everything installed including the H2 access passes but not the H1 stuff.

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I finished the game.

Story is great, levels probably the weakest of the trilogy on the whole but still quite good with Mission 2 the best Hitman level ever (and I may warm to on future playthroughs), graphics and performance spectacular on Series X. A great time overall.

Only thing I will say is there needs to be far better gunplay for Bond.
Chapter 6 is basically a try out for Bond but the gunplay coupled with the poor cover and health systems made this level a slog and probably the worst in the series. And at least at first glance it has to be played like an action game and they encourage it.

Overall, a strong 8/10 (9/10 on the IGN scale).

tuta

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
After sleeping a bit, I finally managed to create an IOI account to link to my xbox account (with corect gamertag) but I didnt receive any confirmation email. Has this issue not been solved yet ?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not sure. I can't get the site to load, but I was able to start the process. Just like you said I got both suitcases but never had them before.
Yeah both in the same boat atm then. I cant get it to load anymore either. I'm guessing we both got upgrades to GOTY for 1 and 2 which has given us the extra content there. Hopefully the rest will catch up shortly but I'm thinking the devs may have finally called it a day.

Oct 27, 2017
For anyone having issue with hitman 1 on Xbox. Don't know if posted. I saw on Reddit a Guy gave this link. It shows free. Redeemed it. And my hitman 3 started downloading hitman 1.

www.microsoft.com

Buy HITMAN™ - Legacy Pack - Microsoft Store

This Legacy Pack includes all remastered locations and missions from The Complete First Season. Enjoy all the remastered features of HITMAN™ 2, within Season 1 content. Items unlocked from HITMAN™ 2 content can be used in Season 1 locations and vice versa.
lol this just shows 39$ yet I own every piece of content within. This is whole thing is so fucking stupid. glad it works for some though!

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

This for all new starters that are able. The series is so damn consistent.

I can't speak to 3 yet obviously, but I'd also say that it only gets more consistent as it goes on. I think some of 1's first few levels may still he some of the best out of the 2 games, but at the same time I don't think any of 2's levels hit the low (which despite being that is still something I'd call "pretty good"!) of Colorado in 1. It's all worth playing for sure and it's why I'm excited for what 3 brings.

kubev

Oct 25, 2017
California
lol this just shows 39$ yet I own every piece of content within. This is whole thing is so fucking stupid. glad it works for some though!
Yeah, it's irritating how I own every freaking item in the first two games, yet the access pack for Hitman 2 references the Standard Edition. Storefronts need to be better about linking DLCs together between different packs to not even allow you to purchase something twice, and developers who can't manage all of the past DLC they released for a linked game should just ensure that people get all of the old DLC by default.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
oh fuck, noticed just now, Hitman 3 offers native dualsense support!
does the game do anything special with the triggers or haptic feedback on consoles? curious if they implemented it here.
zfOOTX2.jpg

PizzaKing

May 24, 2019
Sorry, I'm sure this has been discussed before.

(PC) Whats the difference between the Hitman 3 Access Passes on Epic (or the deluxe version for that matter)? I have Hitman 1 from the free Epic giveaway. I want all 3 games and I'm scared of choosing the wrong one or overpaying for redundant content lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I can't speak to 3 yet obviously, but I'd also say that it only gets more consistent as it goes on. I think some of 1's first few levels may still he some of the best out of the 2 games, but at the same time I don't think any of 2's levels hit the low (which despite being that is still something I'd call "pretty good"!) of Colorado in 1. It's all worth playing for sure and it's why I'm excited for what 3 brings.
Colorado?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
oh fuck, noticed just now, Hitman 3 offers native dualsense support!
does the game do anything special with the triggers or haptic feedback on consoles? curious if they implemented it here.
zfOOTX2.jpg
Details on features here:
All of the guns in the game will support adaptive triggers and you'll feel an authentic sensation with each shot you fire. Automatic weapons also simulate recoil with every bullet and we're implementing unique haptic feedback for each weapon that is tied to the distinct sound profile of each weapon. Essentially, we're emulating what it feels like to fire a specific weapon in the same way that we're replicating how each weapon sounds.
One specific (and really cool!) example of our adaptive trigger support is how you activate the Focus effect that slows down the world around you with a sniper rifle. When you gently squeeze the R2 button, your finger will reach a tension point that will resist your pressure, and you'll need to hold your finger against that tension point to activate the focus. When you're ready to fire, push past that tension point and you'll feel the "click" of the trigger as you fire the weapon. Boom. Headshot.
blog.playstation.com

Hitman 3’s DualSense controller features unveiled, plus more gameplay info

Each weapon in Agent 47’s arsenal will have a unique feel thanks to haptics and adaptive triggers.