• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Have any of you noticed that some of the previous maps that only had 15 levels of mastery now have 20? I'm pretty sure Whittleton Creek was just 15, but it's 20 now. New York too I think.

Haze

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit, MI
I have questions that will make or break whether or not I buy the game now or wait until the steam release because I'm playing 1 and 2 on steam right now.

Can you bind multiple functions to the same key? It's super annoying that by default, some actions do this but you cannot set any custom keybinds to do this and it is annoyingly convoluted to the point where I'm playing with a controller.

With the access pass on EGS, do I need 1 And 2 installed?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Have folks really been having to download access packs or stuff from the store?

When I turned the game on for the first time all of the Hitman and Hitman 2 destinations were just unlocked. I then did the IOI account thing to get my progression across.

Didn't have to fuck about with anything to get my stages from the older games. They were just there and all unlocked and ready to play when I first loaded the game up.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
FINALLY my carryover is complete. All the missing items and suits are back. Only weird thing is that I had to create a desktop shortcut because for some reason I can't launch the game from the EGS library since it's stuck on "Update", and it doesn't update at all!

Chance Hale

Oct 26, 2017
Colorado
Hitman 2 and the expansion access packs were immediately given to me but I had to download the first Hitman game and redeem the lecacy goty pack in game to add it to 3. Have fast internet and didn't download any of the maps so not a big deal but definitely clumsy

PSN

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Completed my first run of Dubai and it's a really nice map, though smaller than I expected.

But one thing I am disapointed by is the fact that the new maps only seem to come with 3 story missions or whatever they are called. Which is a shame many of the old maps had 8 or so per destination and they are always fun to figure out and execute.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Have folks really been having to download access packs or stuff from the store?

When I turned the game on for the first time all of the Hitman and Hitman 2 destinations were just unlocked. I then did the IOI account thing to get my progression across.

Didn't have to fuck about with anything to get my stages from the older games. They were just there and all unlocked and ready to play when I first loaded the game up.

The Hitman 2 levels are unlocked just like you said but the original Hitman levels still say "access," and take me to the Xbox store to pay £24.99. I've installed the original Hitman again, installed Hitman 2 as well for good measure and nothing.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
I got my carryover a few hour ago and I've been playing for a while with no server trouble so I thought we were out of the woods yet here I see so many of yas still having trouble. I'll count my blessings I guess but it's a real bummer this launch was so messy. We should all be chatting it up about dumb shit we've done in Dubai by now.

NySpeed

Sep 13, 2020
The Hitman 2 levels are unlocked just like you said but the original Hitman levels still say "access," and take me to the Xbox store to pay £24.99. I've installed the original Hitman again, installed Hitman 2 as well for good measure and nothing.

Same for me. I believe they are still trying to fix it in the Xbox side. Super frustrating as I'm diving into H1 for the first time.

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
Xbox owners:
Strange. I have Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold on my XSX installed and the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack was 29.99 in the Store. Now it is free in the Store and all is installed.

Iam from Europe, maybe the Store was updated at Midnight?

Thank You. It wasn't working for me in the U.S. but you got me to dig deeper. Xbox owners try this:
  1. Optional - Confirm the price for the Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY is 29.99
  2. I found that there is another listing for the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 in the store. Go there and assuming it shows up free like it did for me, get it.
  3. Optional - Confirm that Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY now shows up as owned
  4. Close out Hitman 3, manage the installation and you should have 2 new items to install for the Hitman and Patient Zero campaign
Relaunching Hitman 3 now shows the check mark next to Hitman GOTY on the store tab and I can play the campaigns. Note that if I try selecting Hitman GOTY in the store, it still shows the access pack as 29.99 but everything is working in the game. Note that the access pack is just a grouping of the two items you installed through the process above.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Completed my first run of Dubai and it's a really nice map, though smaller than I expected.

But one thing I am disapointed by is the fact that the new maps only seem to come with 3 story missions or whatever they are called. Which is a shame many of the old maps had 8 or so per destination and they are always fun to figure out and execute.

They only mark the bigger mission stories now. Theres still other multiple step stuff in the levels that would have been a mission story before, just tied to a challenge instead and relies on the player finding it themselves.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands

There are more than 3. They just don't use the hand-holdy questmarkers to guide you through them.

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
Started playing the series for the first time and after completing the prologue the game autoplayed a video spoiling everything leading up to 3. Like wtf?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017

Oh weird, that sucks. Mine unlocked all of them without needing any input from me. Paris was the first one I loaded up to check they were actually accessible.

Presume that's how it was supposed to work!

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
9 pm EST and I still can't do the carryover.
Yeah I'm on the east coast as well and the website is fucked lol. I managed to start the process earlier (I was at the "pending" stage), but it somehow did not complete. I don't know if I need to do it over or not. Like, is it still active right now? Am I still queued? I do not know.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Same for me. I believe they are still trying to fix it in the Xbox side. Super frustrating as I'm diving into H1 for the first time.

I'm gonna wait until I can get everything, the Hitman 1 levels and my save carried over, before I start playing. Want the game to feel 'complete' before I delve into it.

Though I must admit I don't really have much progress in 2 or 1 anyway, so that doesn't really matter.
Xbox owners:

Thank You. It wasn't working for me in the U.S. but you got me to dig deeper. Xbox owners try this:
  1. Optional - Confirm the price for the Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY is 29.99
  2. I found that there is another listing for the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack for Hitman 2 in the store. Go there and assuming it shows up free like it did for me, get it.
  3. Optional - Confirm that Hitman 3 Access Pass for Hitman GOTY now shows up as owned
  4. Close out Hitman 3, manage the installation and you should have 2 new items to install for the Hitman and Patient Zero campaign
Relaunching Hitman 3 now shows the check mark next to Hitman GOTY on the store tab and I can play the campaigns. Note that if I try selecting Hitman GOTY in the store, it still shows the access pack as 29.99 but everything is working in the game. Note that the access pack is just a grouping of the two items you installed through the process above.

Thank you! This worked perfectly. Having the direct links to the store was so much easier than having to navigate the mess that is the Xbox store on console.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Started playing the series for the first time and after completing the prologue the game autoplayed a video spoiling everything leading up to 3. Like wtf?

That's annoying but don't worry. Hitman is carried by its inane gameplay, not by its story. I don't even know what the story of Hitman is and I've played both the prior games for hundreds of hours.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Just finished my first run-through of Dubai and wow – incredible. Absolutely gorgeous level and still much to see on future runs. Very impressive first look at 3 and still the top-tier gameplay we've come to expect from the series.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
Xbox owners:

That worked. Thanks!

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
I think the devs have done a good job. The game servers are stable and it's understandable that the progression transfer would have issues as it seems to be an unorthodox process. I feel like they could have at least let people do it earlier though.

However, I am still disappointed. I had planned to play the game all day today but I guess I'll play Skyrim with that 60 FPS mod instead.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
please let us know if despite what the website says the mastery carried over anyways
Yeah this is the same for me, I'm hesitant to go through with it just in case. But if it's reading some of the mastery properly I'd imagine it's all there but the website is just not reflecting that info.
Let me know if your progress carried over successfully, mine's showing 0 on a bunch of maps too.

It transferred over all of my mastery properly, including Miami.

Note: For some reason Hitman 3 doesn't doesn't show any mastery level on the destinations menu for missions that you're level 20 in. Confirmed in the career tab that all my mastery is there. Not sure if this is intentional but doesn't really matter either way.

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
Oh weird, that sucks. Mine unlocked all of them without needing any input from me. Paris was the first one I loaded up to check they were actually accessible.

Presume that's how it was supposed to work!
Yeah I've been playing Hitman 2 a bit on XSX (with Hitman 1 GOTY installed). Bought and preloaded HM3 a week ago, launched it today and everything was accessible. Still haven't moved my progress over though, I'll wait a day or two to do that

Plum

May 31, 2018
So is it gonna be fine to discuss Hitman 1 and 2 levels in here, for people who are just doing them/replaying them?

Just asking because I think I'm going to go ahead and do a replay of the entire trilogy instead of worrying about this 'carry over save' stuff. I literally just did the Tutorial Stuff (ICA, Hawkes Bay) and the first levels of 1 and 2 on the Xbox (finished 1 on PC) so it's not like I'm losing much lol.

NySpeed

Sep 13, 2020
Xbox owners:

Unfortunately not working for me. The hitman one legacy pack is $40 through the link. On MS Store on Console doesn't even give me the option to buy that, only game of the year legacy pack. Might be how I originally bought the first game, as I bought it as a game of the year edition I believe.

In US btw.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
So after the first mission it gives me the option to continue or what looks like additional mission stories within the first mission, am I right? Birds of Prey, in security. Can anyone explain this?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Looks and runs so great on the XSX too. Stunning. Only had enough time to do an initial run of Dubai and as a result my first time playing a level doing stories first – very fun, did the assassin one and poisoned the whisky. Then the new security guard, cracking the target's neck after a crowbar to the back of the head of his detail – but my word does it leave you excited for the rest of the game. Happy I went with the Deluxe too; having every bit of content from the trilogy available under one roof is going to be wonderful. Especially when I come to re-run through the entire series on the PS5 – with dipping into a VR attempt in each level as well. What a brilliant playground to have laid out for this new gen.

giphy.gif

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So after the first mission it gives me the option to continue or what looks like additional mission stories within the first mission, am I right? Birds of Prey, in security. Can anyone explain this?
Those are other objectives. You can play the levels as many times as you want and will continue unlocking items and outfits. Or you can go to the next level.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to say that the title menu music is really, really good. Simple, elegant, and it really evokes the end of the saga. I love it.

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
Xbox owners:

THANK YOU STRANGER! This worked for me and now I got Hitman 1 levels in my game.

MinusTydus

The Fallen
Jul 28, 2018
So Hitman 1 purchases are just super fucked on Xbox, then?

Main menu > Campaigns > Story Hitman > The Showstopper > Get Access > Go To Microsoft Store > You Own This

And I can't launch anything.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
PSN -> PSN carryover finished for me. Went from Error -> Pending a few hours ago and hit Finished now. To give ya'll some hope that they are working through the queue as we speak.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
For anyone having issue with hitman 1 on Xbox. Don't know if posted. I saw on Reddit a Guy gave this link. It shows free. Redeemed it. And my hitman 3 started downloading hitman 1.

www.microsoft.com

Buy HITMAN™ - Legacy Pack - Microsoft Store

This Legacy Pack includes all remastered locations and missions from The Complete First Season. Enjoy all the remastered features of HITMAN™ 2, within Season 1 content. Items unlocked from HITMAN™ 2 content can be used in Season 1 locations and vice versa.

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
Unfortunately not working for me. The hitman one legacy pack is $40 through the link. On MS Store on Console doesn't even give me the option to buy that, only game of the year legacy pack. Might be how I originally bought the first game, as I bought it as a game of the year edition I believe.

In US btw.

Did you import the Hitman GOTY content into Hitman 2 before? I looked it up and I apparently originally bought Hitman 1 using Intro Pack and then the Game of the Year Edition Upgrade. I don't think that should have made a difference though.

Outtrigger888

Oct 27, 2017
So Hitman 1 purchases are just super fucked on Xbox, then?

Main menu > Campaigns > Story Hitman > The Showstopper > Get Access > Go To Microsoft Store > You Own This

And I can't launch anything.

I went to the installation management for hitman 3 and all my hitman 1 and 2 stuff was in there to select and download. I didn't do anything within the hitman 3 menu to get any of my content.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
does anyone know who "Delora" is in Dubai, who I'm supposed to tell that the Sun is safe? I thought it was Lucy's assistant, but I'm not getting a prompt on her.

e: oh, nvm, must've misread something

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
For anyone having issue with hitman 1 on Xbox. Don't know if posted. I saw on Reddit a Guy gave this link. It shows free. Redeemed it. And my hitman 3 started downloading hitman 1.

www.microsoft.com

Buy HITMAN™ - Legacy Pack - Microsoft Store

This Legacy Pack includes all remastered locations and missions from The Complete First Season. Enjoy all the remastered features of HITMAN™ 2, within Season 1 content. Items unlocked from HITMAN™ 2 content can be used in Season 1 locations and vice versa.
You finally got it!