• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
I'm really glad I decided to wrap up the remaining Trophies I have leftover in Hitman 2 before doing this progress transfer thing. By the time I'm done, it should all be running smoothly. Well, I hope so anyway!

PBJPD

Apr 5, 2020
I've been watching the Carryover site all day, but it's never shown me an accurate snapshot of my mastery levels so I haven't transferred my progress. The site has 3 levels with a mastery level of 0, but Hitman 2's menus show a higher level.

Is this just an issue with the site and won't actually affect the transferred progress? Or should I keep waiting until I see an accurate mastery level on the site?

discotheque

Dec 23, 2019
My transfer status switched from Error to Pending and it seems like I have all my mastery items unlocked now. The only thing is the Hitman 2 levels are still locked, will they get unlocked once the transfer finishes? Playing via EGS

Edit: I see the transfer has just finished but I still don't have the H2 levels :(

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Question.

Are there any items that we know of that can ONLY be unlocked in Hitman 2 prior to a carryover?

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My transfer also says pending now. Fingers crossed it will complete shortly and I can start the game for real

Couleurs

Oct 25, 2017
Denver, CO
Not for me, but I may be doing something wrong I don't know. I've got all three games installed and have launched Hitman 1, not sure if there's anything else I have left to do or not. The Hitman 2 levels have shown up without any fuss, though.

yeah I'm having the same issue on XSX. I can access Hitman 1 from Hitman 2, but cant access 1 from 3.

I'm installing 1 to see if it matters

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
People on the IOI discord are saying items take longer to transfer. I don't think IOI themselves have confirmed that though so take with a grain of salt

Looks like it was true, I've just logged in now and all the missing items have been added although it did reset my Mastery again but I only just finished Dubai so I can deal with that.

Kyora90

Apr 15, 2018
I managed to transfer my Account into 3, however I only got 1 stages but I got 1 and 2 on Steam, they're still working into bringing 2 stuff free for Epic right?

SRTtoZ

Dec 8, 2017
Have both next gen systems but am going to get it on Series X because it seems to be completely maxed out visually there plus the expansion card helps when this shit takes up like 200gb with all the previous versions.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Have both next gen systems but am going to get it on Series X because it seems to be completely maxed out visually there plus the expansion card helps when this shit takes up like 200gb with all the previous versions.
I thought they were able to knock down the size of all the games to under 100GB? I assume most people will stick with where their content is, system wise.

Oct 25, 2017
PS5 here, my status says pending, but I started the game and all my trophies popped, and my mastery levels are all unlocked.

BUT...I can't start any of the H1 or 2 levels at any of the unlocked mastery locations? Anyone have this problem?

Pancracio17

▲ Legend ▲
Avenger
Oct 29, 2017
One of the IOI people here commented that they just aren't as formally marked. They want people to discover the plot threads more organically. The three listed are basically the three that would be shown in the after mission screen saying "Do these three to get the chapter story!" while more exist.
I noticed this when I played the dubai level. There were definitely some conversations hitman 2 wouldve marked as missions stories that I just happened to hear.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017

I was surprised that actually killed him.

Wow, IOI did say Hitman 3 was gonna be the dark chapter, but Youtube's compression takes it a bit too far.
If you're wondering why the first guy does a kickflip, there's a banana there.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Ok, good to know. Right now I don't even have a coin. Only shows 3 pistols & 3 briefcases and nothing else.

Might be experiencing the issue other people have mentioned where it's not fully transferred yet, and any H3 progress might be lost when it does.

LiquidSword

Oct 25, 2017
I've been watching the Carryover site all day, but it's never shown me an accurate snapshot of my mastery levels so I haven't transferred my progress. The site has 3 levels with a mastery level of 0, but Hitman 2's menus show a higher level.

Is this just an issue with the site and won't actually affect the transferred progress? Or should I keep waiting until I see an accurate mastery level on the site?
I'm in the same boat. I'm just going to wait I suppose. I sent a message to them on twitter with a screenshot. Hopefully its something they can fix

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
Is the carry over website not working for anyone else? I just get a blank screen after logging in.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Its 60-70 GB total with all the content. It got a massive size reduction.

benj

Oct 27, 2017

I had the same thing and it seems to just be an issue with the site—everything transferred fine.

Neat

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
New York City
My H2 progress carryover (Steam to Epic) has been stuck at "pending" for about 2 hours now. Is this normal? If not, anyone know any fixes?

Kyberpunk

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished Dartmoor, think that's a good place to take a break and finally get some sleep - WOW. Dubai was great but following the murder-mystery mission story in Dartmoor (with guidance on "Minimal") was way more fun than I was expecting.

The new reflections (and new lighting?) on the older maps are gorgeous, especially Paris and Hokkaido.

Last edited:

Ghostwriter74

Oct 27, 2017
yeah I'm having the same issue on XSX. I can access Hitman 1 from Hitman 2, but cant access 1 from 3.

I'm installing 1 to see if it matters

Strange. I have Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold on my XSX installed and the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack was 29.99 in the Store. Now it is free in the Store and all is installed.

Iam from Europe, maybe the Store was updated at Midnight?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My H2 progress carryover (Steam to Epic) has been stuck at "pending" for about 2 hours now. Is this normal? If not, anyone know any fixes?
There is a huge backlog and I think a lot of them there is a manual queue that they have to go through. I've been waiting for over 4 hours and only have a partial transfer so far.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
So, if you boot up Hitman 3 before transferring everything over, you're SOL on your Hitman 3 save? Is that a temporary error or is that forever?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
How long did it take those who completed the transfer to go from Pending to Completed? I've been waiting over an hour now.

Mine was literally instant when I hit the button (about two hours ago). Some are taking forever.

Basically, anecdotal reports aren't helpful because it's taking a different amount of time for everyone.

Good luck with yours!

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Restarted the game and got a "Your save data has been carried over" prompt that I didn't get the first time stuff finally carried over. I have some more suits now that was apparently delayed on showing up but I kept all my progress in Dubai at least.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
I noticed this when I played the dubai level. There were definitely some conversations hitman 2 wouldve marked as missions stories that I just happened to hear.
good choice, imo. on sapienze i noticed a thing where you can break into a flower shop and deliver flowers to caruso, but getting through that was completely without a mission story, instead just telling you that the flowers were for caruso. idk if i missed the trigger for a mission story there, but it felt super organic (not to mention that even the marked mission stories usually have enough environmental hints to tell you what to do)

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
I left the tab after the carry over process had sat at InProgress for 30 seconds. Presumably it's still progressing through the queue.
At least that's how I understood this messaging.

When I tried to start the process over it didn't find my EGS account and I couldn't actually start it again, so I hope I understood that correctly.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
When I tried to access the Hitman 1 and 2 levels in the game it took me to PSN but it had me download the "standard" pass rather than the GOTY pass. I have all of the GOTY stuff. Is this how it is supposed to work? I want to make sure I'm not missing the GOTY unlocks.

Jambi

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I just want to be able to start the actual process, I just get stuck on loading the page or a 503. Feelsbad.

Kyberpunk

Oct 28, 2017
One of the IOI people here commented that they just aren't as formally marked. They want people to discover the plot threads more organically. The three listed are basically the three that would be shown in the after mission screen saying "Do these three to get the chapter story!" while more exist.

This confused the hell out of me for a while in Dubai, normally only the mission story conversations get subtitles so I was wondering why I kept seeing them for random conversations without "mission story revealing" popping up.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Are any of the maps outsourced this time?

I looked and it doesn't appear that Sumo Digital did one this time around. Kinda surprised since I thought they improved a lot from Colorado -> Santa Fortuna. But in the end it's better for players since IOI maps are still the highest quality.