• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters
Feb 5, 2018
Just finished setting everything up as a totally new player (only played 2-Blood Money). Got all the discounts on PC, basically playing the trilogy for 80 bucks.

Gotta say, its crazy to see that after about 5 years, they finally achieved their "world of assassination" goal. Pretty insane when you realize how dense each of the 20+ maps actually are with content.

This is like the one game I've found where replaying and challenges are actually fundamentally part of the game and are fun

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Kinda disappointed there's no new tutorial mission enjoyed them in the previous two. I used them to get my head in the right space for the real missions.

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
Booted up the game again and got a notification saying the progress carryover was complete. I'm still missing a lot of stuff though. Hopefully it ends up being added in at some point.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
So it seems the Hitman 2 standard access pass for Hitman 3 is free on the XBL store. Even though all I have installed of Hitman 2 is the free tutorial mission.

If I buy the Hitman 2 expansion pass, will that give me the Hitman 2 expansion pass levels in Hitman 3?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Heads up for the Xbox folks, the 6000 reward points for buying hitman 3 has come back! That's just over a fiver in ukp.

Trouble

Oct 25, 2017
Seattle-ish
My transfer went from Error to Pending, so improvement.
Same and I'm really hoping it doesn't nuke my Dubai progress a second time when it finishes. I have mastery levels from H1/H2, but no unlocks and no 'mission stories' or whatever they are called.

E: I'd actually be ok if item unlocks don't carry over at all. Especially that ridiculously OP electrocution phone.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Question for PS5 owners: does the IOI website display your registered copy of Hitman 3 as being the PS4 version? Because I bought the PS5 version.

How do you check on PS5 which version that you have installed?

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Just noticed none of my mission stories carried over despite everything else doing so. Would have thought that'd be the easy part since most of them have challenges attached.

Edit: Thought the Mark 2 items were missing but I guess they're here. At least the Mark 3 items for Hitman 3 seem to have a unique look and not just a sticker.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
Question for PS5 owners: does the IOI website display your registered copy of Hitman 3 as being the PS4 version? Because I bought the PS5 version.

How do you check on PS5 which version that you have installed?
Yes it does but I don't think it matters cause I received the costumes that come as a reward on PS5.

Click the "..." next to the Play button on the home screen and select PS5.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Yup - something definitely went wrong for my Dartmoor challenges.

Added up all my Berlin ones and it matches the total in my career page for the mission. Dartmoor on the other hand only shows 16k but the challenges total 30k+.

I had like 30 minutes of server issues when trying to save my game so I think it borked something - I should have enough challenges left to get level 20 though but still a tad awkward.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Yup - something definitely went wrong for my Dartmoor challenges.

Added up all my Berlin ones and it matches the total in my career page for the mission. Dartmoor on the other hand only shows 16k but the challenges total 30k+.
It doesn't attribute points (even though you have completed) until a level has been completed, so it is possible for that to happen. You don't need to complete on the same run you unlocked them

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
So my dumbass thought you had to do the save transfer for the hitman 1 and 2 content and now I'm afraid if I play the game and progress It will get overwritten by a blank save from the 1 time I booted up 2 when transfers starts going through.

Lord Vatek

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
My status switched to "Pending" when it was "Error" before.

EDIT: Ah. I see that's happened to others too. Good.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I think they've trashed tons of stuff.

If you look at rewards for the classic content, basically nothing can be earned with achievements when.

(to be confirmed)

No it's not that. I have literally nothing in my inventory apart from a snowglobe I unlocked in Dubai. Literally nothing. Not even coins, fibre wire or guns. Something has gone wrong with my transfer, I had way more stuff in my inventory within the Hitman 3 client before I did the transfer.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Finished Dubai. Squashed one guy with a falling light fitting (fucked around for AGES trying to find a way to isolate them and then just looked up lol) and did a mission story for the other one.

Absolutely loved it. Super excited to go back in and fuck around with the stage.

I am overwhelmed with Hitman.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Finished Dubai. Squashed one guy with a falling light fitting (fucked around for AGES trying to find a way to isolate them and then just looked up lol) and did a mission story for the other one.

Absolutely loved it. Super excited to go back in and fuck around with the stage.

I am overwhelmed with Hitman.
Funny you say overwhelmed. I booted it up for 5 minutes earlier (waiting for the transfer to fully dive in) and felt immediately overwhelmed. I mentioned earlier I was disappointed in no smaller tutorial level to get my bearings. Walking into that atrium in Dubai was overwhelming as I wasn't in the right headspace.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Funny you say overwhelmed. I booted it up for 5 minutes earlier (waiting for the transfer to fully dive in) and felt immediately overwhelmed. I mentioned earlier I was disappointed in no smaller tutorial level to get my bearings. Walking into that atrium in Dubai was overwhelming as I wasn't in the right headspace.

Thankfully I'm a Hitman veteran in that I've been playing the other two a ton. But, yes, it does seem like it's missing the tutorial stuff that Hitman and Hitman 2 lead with. Or did I just skip it without realising?

I've imported all of my content and there's just an overwhelming amount of stuff to do now. I peeked into the Contracts page and I'm chomping at the bit to get stuck in to those.

I kinda miss the Hitman 1 method of releasing one destination each month or so. It was amazing to all be deep diving into each stage all at the same time.

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
For PSVR running on a PS5, I can confirm the following:
Progress and 'Access' passes carry over between the two versions. Save files however, do not.

It's a pretty fun mode to mess around in and look at stuff up close / go sightseeing. Not sure I'd recommend actually fully playing it like this. But it's nice that it's there and works as well as it does. The VR training mission definitely helps.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Dubai was pretty overwhelming for a first level. But still, the level design is once again top notch.

Btw, to those who still have issues with the game, remember it's currently 1:40am in Denmark so please be patient with the devs, those who are still working on fixing these issues are probably exhausted.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Thankfully I'm a Hitman veteran in that I've been playing the other two a ton. But, yes, it does seem like it's missing the tutorial stuff that Hitman and Hitman 2 lead with. Or did I just skip it without realising?

I've imported all of my content and there's just an overwhelming amount of stuff to do now. I peeked into the Contracts page and I'm chomping at the bit to get stuck in to those.

I kinda miss the Hitman 1 method of releasing one destination each month or so. It was amazing to all be deep diving into each stage all at the same time.
Oh, so am I. I've been playing since Codename 47 (I still suck for the most part though :-( )but I still like to get acquainted with a smaller area to get me back in the right zone when I pick up the games again after a few months out.

it's such a damn shame that they didn't get the H2 level unlocks working on OC for launch. I love Nightcall. It's such a great tutorial level.

I also definitely miss the episodic release structure. That month or two of falling in love with Sapienza was amazing.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Dubai feels like it has hardly any enforcers but maybe that's just because I was doing Isle of Sgail last night and they're absolutely everywhere in that. Not that I'm complaining, makes sense for the first level to be quite gentle with the frequency of them.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
I'm sure it's been asked already, but can anyone whose stuff actually migrated 100% successfully confirm that you are supposed to have all your unlocked items/gear from Hitman 1/2, right?

Not just mastery levels/challenges completed. But the actual unlock items, correct?

Also where are the deluxe version costumes? I'm seeing the pre-order outfits, but not the deluxe version outfits. Since I'm paying $30 extra for 6 escalations (holy hell the greatest ripoff I've seen in a while, and they're not even all available at launch! In Hitman 2 for around that price you got 2 full expansion maps w/escalations!), I want those 3 oufits too.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Hitman 1 Legacy Pack is now free for me on Xbox. They fixed it?

Not for me, but I may be doing something wrong I don't know. I've got all three games installed and have launched Hitman 1, not sure if there's anything else I have left to do or not. The Hitman 2 levels have shown up without any fuss, though.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I know it can sound idiotic to say but for people new to the series, if you bought the legacy content, start with the Hitman 1 campaign and don't jump in the 3 directly - it's the same game game in three chapter, not a separate optional content where the 1 would be a draft or an inferior version - all the three games are nearly identical (especially when all played in the last one where you'll have all QoL improvements).

tmdorsey

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 26, 2017
Georgia
Sorry for the off-topic question, but it seems the consensus is to try to play the first 2 games before jumping into this one. Is there a bundle anywhere for the first two games for PS4/PS5 preferably on sale?

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Dubai feels like it has hardly any enforcers but maybe that's just because I was doing Isle of Sgail last night and they're absolutely everywhere in that. Not that I'm complaining, makes sense for the first level to be quite gentle with the frequency of them.
Dammit. I forget how to pronounce Sgail again. Guess I'll have to play it again to find out haha

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Okay finally got the importing done on my ps5. Had to close and relaunch the game a few times for all the gear unlocks and deluxe edition items to show up. Once everything looked okay I deleted the ps4 version and Hitman 2. Gonna fix dinner then start playing.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia

The game flat out asks you if you want to play the tutorial mission when you start, but it's the same one from Hitman 1 (cardboard cruise). Still fun and rocksolid 60fps, but still a bit aged compared to HM3.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
The game flat out asks you if you want to play the tutorial mission when you start, but it's the same one from Hitman 1 (cardboard cruise). Still fun and rocksolid 60fps, but still a bit aged compared to HM3.

Ah must've just skipped past it without thinking.

In all fairness, that's a fucking great tutorial mission. And with everything playing exactly the same, no need to make a new one.

Cool!

benj

Oct 27, 2017
god damn, just played through Dubai. this is absolutely gorgeous. the "more organic discovery over mission stories" thing seems great, I overheard so many little breadcrumbs just following the first mission story I stumbled onto

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm sure it's been asked already, but can anyone whose stuff actually migrated 100% successfully confirm that you are supposed to have all your unlocked items/gear from Hitman 1/2, right?

Not just mastery levels/challenges completed. But the actual unlock items, correct?

Also where are the deluxe version costumes? I'm seeing the pre-order outfits, but not the deluxe version outfits. Since I'm paying $30 extra for 6 escalations (holy hell the greatest ripoff I've seen in a while, and they're not even all available at launch! In Hitman 2 for around that price you got 2 full expansion maps w/escalations!), I want those 3 oufits too.

You are supposed to have all your unlocked items. I haven't done an exact comparison but I seem to have all my items.