• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
wait, so can you just not unlock certain things? since they unlock as you gain mastery levels?

We just don't know right now. I hadn't unlocked much on Playstation, but my suits and other unlocks aren't showing up: just the various pre-order, Gold Edition and GOTY-based bonuses. It's a mess, tbh.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
That's a bummer - totalled 31k of experience from challenges, etc but in the result screen I noticed a bunch got skipped over with no pop up and in my career page only 16k worth of experience has been recorded.

Had a chunk of disconnections during the last save I made before I finished the mission and reloading didn't give the experience.

Think I just got scammed.
IIRC in H2 when you save scum, you're given the exp in the background and the final tally will only display the exp you gained in the "true run". As long as your challenges are completed, the exp should have been awarded with no obvious indication. Only that you might have noticed that you started the tally at the higher level than you should've been. I have to imagine the disconnections did the same.

-Tom

Aug 11, 2018
Still nothing showing up in export progress. Weird. Might just give up and try again tomorrow.

Bebpo

Feb 4, 2018
Ok, yeah, mine still says Error, but now the game will connect and login and mastery shows but I have 0 items/gear.

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
wait, so can you just not unlock certain things? since they unlock as you gain mastery levels?
Hopefully them transferring the "error" one's manually fix it because like you said, if you did a ton of stuff in Hitman 2 like me.... your sorta fucked. No way I can unlock all that stuff again with the amount of Challenges left over. I tried redoing one of them and completing the intro Hitman 2 level, it didn't recheck those off.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Specifically that happened to you with the website saying you had 0 Mastery in some levels?

No, the website reflected my correct Level (55) and various Mission Mastery levels (8 on Paris, etc.) And those appear correctly in-game as well. But my inventory is missing a lot of shit.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
tfw you don't even want to launch the game you spent $80 on in fear that it'll sync your progression in some weird half-irreparable state.

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Hopefully them transferring the "error" one's manually fix it because like you said, if you did a ton of stuff in Hitman 2 like me.... your sorta fucked. No way I can unlock all that stuff again with the amount of Challenges left over and I tried redoing one of them and completing the intro Hitman 2 level and it didn't recheck those off.

I mean, there's no way they won't fix this. They have to.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Finally, everything has been imported and properly synced between the PS5/PS4VR version for me (I had the "Error" message).

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
Oh no, now my "carryover status: Error" disappeared completely and there's only a loading loop. Why do things have to be like this

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Hoping for help. I haven't played hitman before. I am wondering with all this talk is about hitman 1 and 2 being playable within 3? What does that mean?

is it hitman 1 and hitman 2 being upgraded with the graphics of 3, if you own the previous two entries in the series?

It imports all of the Hitman and Hitman 2 stages into Hitman 3. So you don't just have the new seven(?) maps to play, you can also play all of the maps from the other games too. All within Hitman 3 with all of your unlocks and everything.

Basically you don't need Hitman and Hitman 2 installed anymore. Hitman 3 is a platform for all of the Hitman.

catpurrcat

Oct 27, 2017
It imports all of the Hitman and Hitman 2 stages into Hitman 3. So you don't just have the new seven(?) maps to play, you can also play all of the maps from the other games too. All within Hitman 3 with all of your unlocks and everything.

Basically you don't need Hitman and Hitman 2 installed anymore. Hitman 3 is a platform for all of the Hitman.

Wonderful! Thank you for that clear explanation.

Lowrys

Oct 25, 2017
London
Surely there must have been a better way of doing this. If 1 and 2 were all online and progress was saved in the cloud, how hard can it be to program 3 to recognise that progress, regardless of platform? Why is a "transfer" even necessary?

MTR

Oct 27, 2017
I ended up cancelling my ps5 preorder at the last minute (before I saw this). Glad I did as I'll grab it on series x. Looks like a great looker on every console.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So is there a gear mastery level now? I went back to look at Miami and it won't let me take a concealed weapon with me?

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
So I exported my progress and as I was reviewing it... it doesn't look right? I'm not at home so I couldn't double check, but some of the mastery levels looked off.

I think I'll wait to do this at home so I can look it over with the game open.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Surely there must have been a better way of doing this. If 1 and 2 were all online and progress was saved in the cloud, how hard can it be to program 3 to recognise that progress, regardless of platform? Why is a "transfer" even necessary?

I mean it's all the same account and servers, ffs. It's like they went out of their way to complicate things.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Dubai is an amazing looking level. I love the feeling of exploring a new level in Hitman so it's a shame that there's only 5 left until they revisit the series in X amount of years. It's been a good almost 5 years of Hitman.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
So I exported my progress and as I was reviewing it... it doesn't look right? I'm not at home so I couldn't double check, but some of the mastery levels looked off.

I think I'll wait to do this at home so I can look it over with the game open.

Dunno if this is the issue but remember that it's only pulling in data from Hitman 2. So if you absolutely rinsed those stages in Hitman but didn't play much of them in Hitman 2 then your mastery may look lower than you'd think.

You probably know all of this, I'm just saying.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally was able to kick off the carryover progress from Steam Hitman 2 -> EGS Hitman 3, but then after a spinning wheel was shown for a few minutes, now it's just a blank window. Anyone else have this? Should I definitely not refresh the page?

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Can't even really connect to the website either on PS5 or desktop.

I'm just gonna hop in tonight. I refuse to believe there's no way to get my progress over without overwriting H3 progress, and even if it does, I'll be happy to replay whatever I've done in H3.

Server load aside, this is a really, really bad system they've set up.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
IIRC in H2 when you save scum, you're given the exp in the background and the final tally will only display the exp you gained in the "true run". As long as your challenges are completed, the exp should have been awarded with no obvious indication. Only that you might have noticed that you started the tally at the higher level than you should've been. I have to imagine the disconnections did the same.

That sounds familiar but in this case I counted the experience total in the challenges screen and it was 31k. In my career profile though it only totals 16k.

I am certain some of the challenges did not get a tick or pop up in the after mission report and only the ones that did counted towards my overall mastery.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Oh. Just realised my XP level and challenge progress migrated across but none of my unlocks did. All my guns, tools, suits, everything all gone.

The website still says error for the transfer so I'm hoping this can be resolved. And before I did the transfer I had stuff like an all red gun which I believe was a bonus for owning one of the previous games'. Those have disappeared too.

What a complete and utter mess.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Inventory stuff is missing! Everything unlocked from mastery levels (starting locations, weapons, equipment...) is missing to some of us.
Yeah... I've noticed that I'm missing a lot of stuff that the game "says" I have unlocked like all my poisons and a lot of my melee weapons. Fucking weird.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
Dunno if this is the issue but remember that it's only pulling in data from Hitman 2. So if you absolutely rinsed those stages in Hitman but didn't play much of them in Hitman 2 then your mastery may look lower than you'd think.

You probably know all of this, I'm just saying.

That might be it. Or I'm thinking of the mastery levels on the PS4 version because I doubled dipped the original on Xbox a year later.

Bru

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I can't seem to get Hitman 1 to show, every time I click on it it states I need to buy the GOTY edition.I

I've download Hitman 1 again and tried to claim the legacy pack from the store but that's trying to charge me £30.

Am I doing something wrong?

Exactly the same issue here on Series X.

My son bought, completed and raved about Hitman 1 & 2 on our old Xbox One.

I'm new to the series and thought I'd go all in with 3. Completed the prologue/training and can't continue into campaign 1 even though 2 is available.

Then the game dropped text spoilers to bring me up to speed for part 3.

Not off to the best of starts.......

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
You'll find the people at IOI / S-E who decided to release this way are non-technical and had no clue what the fuck they were doing, against better advice from their ICT / infrastructure teams. Happens daily in my profession.
Again people from IOI actually post here for people who want to try and get their shots in

also Square Enix has nothing to do with this game

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I mean it's all the same account and servers, ffs. It's like they went out of their way to complicate things.

I mean... it's clearly not?

The most simplistic way to look at it is that they might have different databases (or database tables at least) for the progress data. Maybe there's differences about how the 3 database is set up because it matters for 3, that they don't want to touch in the 2 database because it would break 2. Maybe they track different things about your progress. Maybe they've made each record take up less space.

(EDIT: It could be as simple as something so obvious I didn't think about it: having to track your progress in 3.)

For whatever reason, it's different. They'd be transferring your progress from the 2 database to the 3 database for this process. Something like that.

And they could do that transfer automatically, but it would mean:
1. Wasting a lot of time running this for every single person who owns Hitman 2, when not everyone is going to be buying 3 at launch and so doesn't actually need the transfer.
2. Arbitrarily locking everyone's progress in 2 to be transferred at this specific date, when not everyone is going to be buying 3 at launch and may play more of 2, then want to transfer that additional progress when they buy 3.

It is pretty easy to see why they'd have to do something like this. It certainly could have been handled better while still doing it this way, but this doesn't run on magic, there's technical reasons to do things like this overall.

Last edited:

DeadlyVenom

Apr 3, 2018
I can't even begin the Carry Over process to get to the part where everyone is worrying about the transfer not going well. The site just shits itself after Step 0.

DJDoubleCream

Oct 28, 2017
Exactly the same issue here on Series X.

My son bought, completed and raved about Hitman 1 & 2 on our old Xbox One.

I'm new to the series and thought I'd go all in with 3. Completed the prologue/training and can't continue into campaign 1 even though 2 is available.

Then the game dropped text spoilers to bring me up to speed for HM3.

Not off to the best of starts.......

Yeah I had the spoilers too 😔 hitman 1 stuff will be there, just got try the campaign tab again until it shows if that makes sense?

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So I finally was able to kick off the carryover progress from Steam Hitman 2 -> EGS Hitman 3, but then after a spinning wheel was shown for a few minutes, now it's just a blank window. Anyone else have this? Should I definitely not refresh the page?
So I refreshed the page, and it took me back to the page where you start the carryover process, and this time it said there were no H2 accounts eligible to transfer. Welp.

Edit: Huzzah! It says Finished!

Karish

Oct 25, 2017
If I understand it right, all the levels from 1 and 2 are built into the install size of 3 and you don't need to have everything installed individually, right? That's how it appears to be going on my ps5. If so, a pleasant surprise considering the hd limitations on Ps5

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well shit. This sucks I hope they repair this unlocks situation because there is literally no way for me to currently unlock all the mastery stuff I'm missing since you can't "re-do" mastery levels.

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
If I understand it right, all the levels from 1 and 2 are built into the install size of 3 and you don't need to have everything installed individually, right? That's how it appears to be going on my ps5. If so, a pleasant surprise considering the hd limitations on Ps5
yep, I didn't download anything extra and was able to boot up a Hitman 2 level just fine. Total file size is just under 60 gigs, which is insane cause my Hitman 2 file size is 125 gigs. Well done, IO.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
was finally able to both login into H3 and transfer my progress on the carryover site. how in the actual fuck was IOI able to compress everything so much???? ill wait for them to solve the H2 situation, but 3 with 1 stages is already only 55gb. HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOW