• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
Also the Hitman 1 GOTY access pack isn't free for me even though I have had the Hitman 1 GOTY legacy pack installed for hitman 2 :/
Interesting launch so far.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Well it went from "no eligible account" to Error again so that's progress? I guess? lol

r0Qtkwh.png

catswaller

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My progression stopped on "error". I got my character level and unlocks, which I don't care about, but no access to hitman 2 levels.

Luixfern

Oct 27, 2017
okay okay... so I purchased Hitman 3, I already owned Hitman 2 and the access to Hitman 1 levels.

In order to play those levels I need to download the GOTY edition access and the Hitman 2 Access Pass? Is that correct?

BloodRayne

Jul 3, 2020
So... I have installed H3 and "HITMAN Complete First Season Access Pass"... but something called "HITMAN GOTY Upgrade" also appeared on my library. What is this? should I install it?

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Still error out after "Connecting to the HITMAN server." Series X.

I'll try again later. Don't really want to get stressed out fucking around with this.

Aangster

Oct 27, 2017
A few people complaining on a gaming forum really isn't that big of a deal

As soon as the game launches it'll be completely forgotten

Those complaints definitely extended beyond the forums, seeing it launch like this was foreseeable. It's disappointing and it'll leave a mark.

Finally my transfer changed from InProgress!
transfervokzw.png

If launch implementations have been a mess, what about players who opt for the Steam release? Wonder if going back from Epic to Steam is possible with progress.

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Interesting launch so far.

No company is actually invested in a smooth rollout of online-focused video games because most consumers just don't care. It will keep happening because aside from some angry and impatient 'nerds', there are no consequences or accountability, and temporary infrastructure to deal with peak demand isn't a sensible use of budget.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Good news for everyone who got the 0 Mastery rank during progression transfer and the error.

I got them both, but ingame everything is as it should be.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Oh, really? Will you still lose all your hitman 3 progression when that happens?
It's my understanding that Hitman 3 progression only resets when you import Hitman 2 progression (which is character level + unlocks). Getting free Hitman 2 access pass on EGS because you own Hitman 2 on Steam is totally separate from your game progression, so it won't affect any of that.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
This is so weird. There's a whole new unlock path geared around Escalations, so you unlock the Cashmerian suit after 15 completed Escalations, etc.

But my Blue Flamingo and Summer Suave suits didn't carry over, because that challenge pack and escalation don't exist in Hitman 3 (you can unlock Summer Suave through playing X many escalations.)

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Still can't get into the actual game to see if my carryover worked.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
This shows PlayStation servers are working fine, but I've got thrown out of the game around 15 minutes ago (Europe) and can't seem to connect to the server anymore.
I have a feeling (well, I assume and hope so) that there are servers per region, and this tracker only checks for some of those.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Small snag, checked on Hitman 3 to see if my profile has transferred after getting an error on the website, it has but lost a few bits from the transfer. It's probably still coming across, but there's a few weapons gone.

And my Trinity stuff vanished. I'm guessing I can redownload that

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
I had the "Status: Error" on my carryover page but finally managed to login to the game in PS5 Hitman 3 and its popping dozens of trophies, has a ton of challenges completed in game, Career tab shows 100% mastery for all the H1 & H2 levels.

it gave me 12/13 trophies each for H1 & H2 (so 24 out of 26 total), the only ones missing were Complete the Last Yardbird as Silent Assassin for H2 and Complete SO/SA for Icon, House Built on Sand, or Landslide (haven't played those extra missions). They were all bronze trophies for H3.

Spirited

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Sweden
No company is actually invested in a smooth rollout of online-focused video games because most consumers just don't care. It will keep happening because aside from some angry and impatient 'nerds', there are no consequences or accountability, and temporary infrastructure to deal with peak demand isn't a sensible use of budget.
Only part about this is that the online part of the game is minimal and really doesn't warrant this always online approach which ends up burning the servers at launch.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
People who got the error, launch Hitman 3 and check if your progress is transferred, mine seems to have been transferred even though it said "Error".

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Only part about this is that the online part of the game is minimal and really doesn't warrant this always online approach which ends up burning the servers at launch.

Yeah, I think most of us are in agreement that the always-online requirement for this series is complete and utter bullshit, and sounds purely like anti-consumer DRM.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
I can't seem to get Hitman 1 to show, every time I click on it it states I need to buy the GOTY edition.

I've download Hitman 1 again and tried to claim the legacy pack from the store but that's trying to charge me £30.

Am I doing something wrong?

KDC720

Oct 25, 2017
My transfer progress still reads error for xbox. However I just booted the game up and had to redo the privacy agreement and a whole lot of achievements are popping.

EDIT: I have level 20 mastery for all hitman 2 locations, missing a lot of suits and gear still though.

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
I am not even messing with the carry-over. I got Hitman 3 on PS5 and my other copies are on Xbox. No big deal, really. These games can provide 100 hours each.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I can't seem to get Hitman 1 to show, every time I click on it it states I need to buy the GOTY edition.

I've download Hitman 1 again and tried to claim the legacy pack from the store but that's trying to charge me £30.

Am I doing something wrong?

if you're on Xbox, all of us have been having this issue. I ain't going to download it either considering people are using up their bandwidth (redownloading the two installments) just to see no access pass for it anyway.

It let me get the access pass for Hitman 2 pretty easily. But nothing for part 1.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
if you're on Xbox, all of us have been having this issue. I ain't going to download it either considering people are using up their bandwidth (redownloading the two installments) just to see no access pass for it anyway.

It let me get the access pass for Hitman 2 pretty easily. But nothing for part 1.
Ah ok, yeah I'm on Series X. Hitman 2 is working fine.

I'll just start play 2 and wait for a fix then.

Cheers.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Small snag, checked on Hitman 3 to see if my profile has transferred after getting an error on the website, it has but lost a few bits from the transfer. It's probably still coming across, but there's a few weapons gone.

And my Trinity stuff vanished. I'm guessing I can redownload that

Quoting myself, the Trinity stuff returned and more suits and weapons I unlocked have appeared. Just missing one set, the Silverballer (which, as I met both requirements on Hitman 1 and 2) should be next

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
I'm missing everything outside of Mastery Level and Challenges. I mean everything is missing, from weapons and suits to starting locations. I don't know how I'd unlock that stuff again since they're already "complete". Real good stuff IOI.