• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
Carryover website seems to be unresponsive again

resettheclock-imgur1dk03.gif

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
I wouldn't. Whatever progress you do offline can't be synced to the online version, so when they come back you'll lose whatever you did.
Progress for Online and Offlline are separate if i remember....... So if the servers are down your SP game hampers you with online progress components
offline saves won't transfer online.

Ok thanks. This is absolutely ridiculous. The game is truly wonderful but they had to have known this would happen. Between the broken progress and account system and now this, I don't get why they insisted on a day and date 8am launch. Again, a shame as the game is great.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Can't connect to the servers. And still no luck transferring Hitman 1 to my Series X.

True pain.

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Finally managed to transfer my save, got to play 10 minutes before 3-4mn saving/loading due to server issues and being kicked to the main menu...
What's the point of contacting the servers for a fucking save or reload??
The always online stuff never made any sense to me with this series. Why wouldn't offline and online be the exact same experience with obvious exceptions like elusive targets, contracts and leaderboards being exclusive to playing online?

Hawk269

Oct 26, 2017
So I have all 3 games digitally on PSN. Went through the process and created an IOI account, as I guess I never had before. Successfully linked my PSN, but it says I have no 'Registered Products'. Haven't booted Hitman 3 yet - is this normal?
Let me know if you get an answer as I am in the exact same spot as you but on Xbox. I was able to create an IO account, but it took several tries due to server issues. I did load into Hitman 3, but it has failed 2 times so far to connect to the server, so have not played the game yet.

Kadzork

Has got mad skills!!
Oct 27, 2017
Boooo - servers died just as I was leaving Dartmoor with a bunch of challenges completed.

J_ToSaveTheDay

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
USA
On Xbox, I bought Hitman 2 Gold at launch and always thought it included the Legacy Pack but I guess not. Only Hitman 2 levels were unlocked in Hitman 3 on first startup. Found the Hitman 2 Legacy pack listed and on sale for 19.99 and bought it. Cancelled all of the downloads that it queued up but now I have the Hitman 1 campaign inside of Hitman 3.

Eager to start but I may wait until the servers are in order.

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
Has there been an explanation from IOI as to why they have stuck with this online-only shit for half a decade despite no one fucking enjoying it?

Won

Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I guess the servers end the launch day for me. Terrible launch for a singleplayer game. 44 pages and mostly launch confusion and problems.

Dubai looks pretty at least. Has some neat little things going for it.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I've been at work, so this isn't a heat of the moment emotional response, but why are people ok with always-online DRM for this series? No one talks about it and it's not in any review I've read. Even Denuvo never dropped a connection, which H2 had multiple times in the last 2 weeks for me.

Last edited:

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I understand the circumstance with probably more people hitting it then expected, and it being an anti piracy measure, but having the progression locked behind the online is rough right now.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
007 is the wrong hands.

Jk. But seriously. Fix this shit. I can't choose what item I want to smuggle because I'm stuck offline? Who thought that was a good idea? Lol.

NovumVeritas

Oct 26, 2017
Berlin
I've been at work, so this isn't a heat of the moment emotional response, but why are people ok with always-online DRM for this series? No one talks about it and it's not in any review I've read. Even Denuvo never dropped a connection, which H2 had multiple times in the last 2 weeks for me.
Hitman 3 does not have any protection oddly enough. No Denuvo.

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
Hitman 3 is asking me to buy Hitman 2016 but I already own everything lmao

Is this a Xbox Store fuckup?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Players aren't but the press rarely ever discuss shit like that

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
I'm about to start but the servers are down. Anything to worry about? I've done my import on the website but not the game.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
Pointless doing a mission when servers are down, offline and online is considered separate saves

-Tom

Aug 11, 2018
Still not working? Yikes. Glad I wasn't one of those people who took a day off for this or something.

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
007 is the wrong hands.

Jk. But seriously. Fix this shit. I can't choose what item I want to smuggle because I'm stuck offline? Who thought that was a good idea? Lol.
It's been like this since the first game. It was a dumb and terrible set up then and it's a dumb and terrible set up today.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

It's an IOI fuck up. Xbox players are experiencing the same. You'd think it be as simple as a license check, cause the levels are already downloaded within the Hitman3 file. But even that got botched.

Yippiekai

The Fallen
May 28, 2018
Toulouse, France
The always online stuff never made any sense to me with this series. Why wouldn't offline and online be the exact same experience with obvious exceptions like elusive targets, contracts and leaderboards being exclusive to playing online?

Exactly.
No game should force you to suffer through server crashes out of your control in order to play the single player campaign.
MMOs, GaaS and multiplayer games tend to botch their launch, even when they know how to do their job, why add this layer of issues to your game for no reason??

Soap

Oct 27, 2017
Servers are completely down on ps5, but I have no idea why this is a thing on console.

Oct 27, 2017

Yeah - they're having an issue with hitman 1 on xbox. An IO dev tweeted they are aware. This whole thing is so fucking annoying- its a single player game- there is absolutely no reason this shit needs to be online only like this. Unbelievably bad design decision- did they think people were going to hack progression unlocks? and even if they did- so fucking what? what is the point of all this?

Jocund

Mar 9, 2018
Fanbase have given them shit for it since 2016 but nothing has changed. Security is cool, but I don't understand why online/offline progression are entirely isolated.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I'm so happy to be back in Hitman world with new destinations. Dubai is blowing my mind. It's utterly gorgeous.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's been like this since the first game. It was a dumb and terrible set up then and it's a dumb and terrible set up today.

Guess I missed this in 2016 because I had no issues connecting. But a couple pages back I said it was 100% playable, but now that I know you're locked out of actual content pertaining to a story mode mission? Definitely not 100% playable. Fuck that.

Oct 28, 2017
No one is legislating whether you're "allowed" to be frustrated or not. But the bizarre gamer self-righteousness about how IOI is fucking up from people who have absolutely no knowledge of what IOI is actually wrestling with right now is not defensible on the grounds of frustration. You will get to play the video game. They are working on it.
Again, I'm not pushing back on people being pissed off. I'm pushing back on armchair developers saying what IOI "should" have done, based on some kind of private mind palace idea of what goes into a system like this.

But also, if you're actually angry about not being able to play a game a few hours after it came out, I don't think that's a totally reasonable attitude to bring to the situation either.

Which is it - you're not legislating about whether people are allowed to be frustrated or not, or you don't think it's reasonable for people to be upset about not being able to play a single player game they paid money for?

Are people who pay to see a film that then gets delayed for many hours not allowed to be angry either?

ket

Jul 27, 2018

ppl have complained about the always online feature since 2016. It's probably the most common complaint about the game.

dreamfall

Oct 25, 2017
Yipes - I had gotten to the import stage, and linked Steam with Epic and it said the process was "in progress" but now it stopped and the website went down. LAWD! I hope we get our Hitman 2 levels soon...

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Of course, I start the game up for the first time and the servers are fried. Of fucking course. This always online shit is awful.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
I cannot even connect to the servers to play the game at this point. Why on earth does IOI think constant online drm is a good idea?

Not being able to connect my account to get all my levels/items is annoying. Not being able to play at all on launch day is incompetence on the developer's part.

Richietto

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
North Carolina
Not being able to progress properly in a single player game because the servers are down is ridiculous. Why did they keep it for this game? They could have just, not done that. Was looking forward to playing before work. Maybe tomorrow.