• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well... finally got the site to load but now I've just got a spinning circle and its seems like its stuck trying to load my account.... so thats fun.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I know nothing about this game. And I've never played Hitman in my life.

Is this something I could jump into and enjoy? Or am I not the target audience at all?

The story was never something that the franchise was popular for. I mean, the lore is cool. Assassin shit. But the myriad of ways you can approach your target is what keeps the fans coming back. It's definitely accessible enough to jump in at any point. It's not like the mechanics are complex or anything.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it means, but my Epic icon used to say "4 Add-ons" and now it says 7!
Yeah same here, no idea when it'll ever download though

EsNCBSZXAAEVzS7

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
I know the carryover page tells you to login with your platform SSO, but if I made my account on my PS5, should I have to do that? Not finding my H2 account, but not sure if it's because I need to SSO or because of backend issues.

EDIT: Seems like the answer is no, you do not need to SSO if you've linked your account previously in-game.

Last edited:

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
I'm sorry, how did you do it then? Hitman 3 recognizes my Hitman 2 levels, I downloaded Hitman 1 and chose to download the legacy pack through the menu, which is now downloading Hitman 2 plus the legacy 1 levels, is that what you did?
That sounds right, yeah. It downloaded the Hitman 1 legacy levels again for Hitman 2 for some reason, even though I already had them downloaded. Once they were done downloading it seemed to be working.

deadbass

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know how to describe this really, but I've noticed that the game has a weird... aura? around the edges of textures. Like the edge of Agent 47's head has a distorted border around it. The cranes in the distance of the first level look awful and pixelated. Is that the anti-aliasing or something? You can't seem to adjust it.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Variable rate shading at performance over quality is a straight up 10 FPS increase in benchmarks damn

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
T_T Got the process started and it couldn't find my account double checked and my PSN is 100% linked with my IOI account so... I guess the site is still just screwy?

Roxas

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Buenos Aires, Argentina
That sounds right, yeah. It downloaded the Hitman 1 legacy levels again for Hitman 2 for some reason, even though I already had them downloaded. Once they were done downloading it seemed to be working.

Doesn't seem to work here on my end, downloaded the first mission on hitman 2 and it didn't work, so I guess I'm still stuck like that!. Oh well, I mean, I played the first game on PC, so not like I can carry any of that progress forward

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't seem to work here on my end, downloaded the first mission on hitman 2 and it didn't work, so I guess I'm still stuck like that!. Oh well, I mean, I played the first game on PC, so not like I can carry any of that progress forward
So weird. Hopefully they make some fixes soon so it's easier for everyone to get things up and running.

Skyebaron

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Any word on how HDR is on PC? It was really wonky in HM2...
I dont need to also activate windows settings HDR to activate is in H3. Its an upgrade since in H2 you needed to activate the windows settings plus the nvidia control panel. In the menu, its the simple box you need to align till its barely visible.

As the implementation, seems fine. Im no HDR expert. I prefer it on.

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
Keep getting the 'WS-116483-3 Something has gone wrong' error when trying to claim the Hitman 2 Standard Access Pass for free. I can play Hitman 1 levels no problem.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
If I didn't have full campaign completion for both games I would just skip this whole process tbh

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
So, since the next gen upgrade for the physical PS4 version is nowhere in sight, if I transfer my progress from 1 & 2 to the PS4 version, will it also transfer to the PS5 version when it eventually upgrades?

Zampano

The Fallen
Dec 3, 2017
So on PS5 I guess it downloads all the levels from earlier games anyway and the legacy download is just an unlock? The whole trilogy at 56GB is pretty amazing.

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
T_T Got the process started and it couldn't find my account double checked and my PSN is 100% linked with my IOI account so... I guess the site is still just screwy?
Yup the site is still messed up. Sometimes it finds it, sometimes not and you have to refresh.

The furthest I've got is to review the exported data. I've been trying on and off for 6 hours.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
So, since the next gen upgrade for the physical PS4 version is nowhere in sight, if I transfer my progress from 1 & 2 to the PS4 version, will it also transfer to the PS5 version when it eventually upgrades?

I believe that's the case yes. Because If you want to play PSVR on PS5 you need to launch the PS4 version, and your progression tracks across when you do that according to the Pre Launch Guide.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Man this makes zero sense when I go to account.ioi.dk it clearly shows my PSN and Steam accounts connected to my IOI account but on the transfer page it says it can't find it and there are no eligible transfers.

BearPawB

I'm a fan of the erotic thriller genre
Oct 25, 2017
The site sees i have hitman 2 now, but it shows my mastery all at zero :(

Dodgerfan74

Dec 27, 2017
Seven hours of expecting your player-base to just bash their heads against a webpage that can randomly break or become unavailable halfway through the process. Sure is something. So many dice rolls to get to "Loading Target Accounts" and then becomes "Service Unavailable" every time.

Seven hours. It's obnoxious.

No matter how mature the industry becomes or how much money flows through it, devs just continue to fail at delivering products not actively on fire.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I think they've started rate-limiting the site itself, to not overwhelm the backend servers. If you can get the Start Carryover button up, you probably stand a good chance of getting to the end.

Musubi

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay finally got it to take. Now I'll just wait for the site to confirm the transfer and I'll launch H3. :)

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i cannot connect my psn account with the ioi account. it just does not show up when i am in hitman 2. itsl ike i dont have an account at all. there is also no option to do something. wth?

Xtortion

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
United States
Save transfer just worked for me on Series X after clicking the in-game tile for it in H3 and using the Xbox web browser. Went extremely smooth. It showed my Miami mastery at 0 instead of 20, but it had my profile level right so here's hoping.

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
I havent bought 3 yet but tried to make an IO account from H2 to prepare, but I never received the confirmation mail... I wont buy the game until I get to at least do that step....

might wait for a sale too..... games so fukin expensive now :/

Golbez

Oct 20, 2020
On Xbox I'm assuming the H2 transfer to H3 includes everything I own including everything from Hitman 2016, right? I have the GOTY Edition (and the Gold Edition for H2).

Kaergun

Nov 22, 2017
Nice! Just got a transfer request through. Status of InProgress now. Hopefully I can play tonight :)

Xeteh

Oct 27, 2017
So this one time transfer, does that mean that if I use it on my PS4 that when I get a PS5 I won't be able to do it?

GMM

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Carryover in progress, how long did this take for other people who have done it succesfully?