• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Well I pretty much 100% every in hitman 1, but only did Miami for hitman 2

So I'm basically starting over from scratch. Can't wait to dive back into everything hitman and master all the levels again

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
IOs twitter account tweeted this about midnight releases lol

"If it was a midnight release, you'd have noone fixing it because we'd all be asleep. We're just as eager to get it fixed and we'll share an update as soon as we've got one."

Lmao! Must be a late day for them 😝

I'm not even hung up about my progress considering I don't mind restarting. But I do want my content. Still missing my Hitman 1 shit. Hopefully it gets fixed by the end of the day so I can have them all consolidated.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Well I want from finally seeing data in my transfer to "no hitman data available " or something like that again.

Gg.

Who would've thought maybe getting this tool ready and go a week for release.

Nov 8, 2017
The download is free so I just kicked it off to take a look at after work. I'm guessing it will have a trial similar to Control.

I just gave it a try. The demo only has access to the tutorial area I guess, so I don't know how that compares to a full level, but the loading times are pretty quick. Not annoying at all and def WAY better than Hitman (2016) on Xbox One S.

I'm on fiber w 250Mbps down, Switch hooked up via LAN adapter. The video quality didn't look super great, and it was kind of occasionally extremely laggy. Hoping that's just the launch day traffic. People had good things to say about Control Cloud Version, so will give it another try. I really want this to work! Will keep looking out for other impressions.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Carryover timed out on me halfway through once, then once it went all the way it said "profile has been carried over already." Hope it worked, really would hate to lose all that progress

Mg.

Oct 25, 2017
Walking around the Hitman 1 maps in Hitman 3 and man, SSR really adds a lot. Was always annoyed how the guards in Hokkaido looked like they were floating when walking on those super reflective floors, without a reflection.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Tried playing this shit without instinct (and targets disabled on minimap). Good lord. I keep losing track of who I need to kill lol.

AHA-Lambda

Oct 25, 2017
Ah, you need to do the carryover first else any Hitman 3 progress made will be wiped?

And the site is getting hammered?

How sadly unsurprising... Looks like I'm not playing tonight.

spyder_ur

Oct 25, 2017
Do you have to use the tool or is there a way to do the process through the Hitman 3 client? I'm not at my TV so I haven't booted it yet.

cephus

Oct 28, 2017
I managed to get it to pull up my account info, only thing that was wrong was my Bangkok mastery was at 0, so I decided to just go ahead and transfer. Soon as I clicked next it just went to a blank screen, so no idea if it worked or not. Really don't understand why this website wasn't put up a month ago so people could have this out of the way.

EJS

The Fallen
The Fallen
Oct 31, 2017
Can you just jump right into Hitman 3 and save and whatnot and have it work or is the game a little messy right now?

MrConbon210

Oct 31, 2017
What's the best way to play the game? I remember hearing something like turning off notifications or something when the first Hitman came out. Would like to solve the puzzles on my own but would probably need a nudge in the right direction.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
I'm still downloading the game, thanks for no preload EGS. Can I play the game offline and avoid all the silly problems people are having? I set up some sort of firewall rule to avoid having to connect to bethesda net for DOOM, guessing the same should work here

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Can you just jump right into Hitman 3 and save and whatnot and have it work or is the game a little messy right now?
You can jump right into Hitman 3 and play it fine. You cannot (easily or reliably) import progress from Hitman 2 right now, but it will almost certainly be fine from, like, tomorrow through the rest of time. When/if you import progress from Hitman 2, it will clear your Hitman 3 progress, if you have any.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Oh wow, so I just so happen to have gotten it when purchasing this on sale a little while ago. It's been 2wks or so, but man this series has the most convoluted featureset I've ever seen, not to mention all the other time-sensitive stuff I already missed.
It'll probably become available again. They haven't announced anything about Elusive Targets for 3, but there's no reason not to run the ones from 2 again. Also there's the Christmas and Halloween stuff that comes around every year iirc.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017

The game is 100% playable. Offline. It's the server issues that are causing the negative feedback. Progress isn't carrying over. Sometimes you go offline mid mission and that also fucks with your saves. But yeah, you can play through all the levels right now.

I guess when I type it out that way it isn't 100% considering the online features (contracts) are like...one of the main things people like about this.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
They also reran the Elusives for 1 in 2, and 2 didn't really have quite as many anyway. So they'll likely run those all yet again.

Snake__

Jan 8, 2020
I finally got my progress to transfer, but how do I get my Hitman 1 levels to carry over on Series X?

THANKS

Prophet of Regret
Oct 22, 2018
Kind of interesting situation here. New players can jump in right now and play straight away. Whereas people who are fans and want to import progress are stuck on the sidelines.

Ghostmaster

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to play the game? I remember hearing something like turning off notifications or something when the first Hitman came out. Would like to solve the puzzles on my own but would probably need a nudge in the right direction.
You can set the mission story guidance to minimal. So it tells you what you need to do, but not how and where. Plus you can always choose to follow a story and you can unfollow it if you want at any point.
I would suggest going with that instead of off. With that if you are having fun you can just explore, but when feeling lost you can follow a story to get a nudge without explicit steps to complete it.

As for camera grids and notifications, I would leave them on until you get comfortable with the level.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping this was going to be ironed out by the time I got home but uh... guess not. More time to finish up Hitman 2 trophies then i guess lol.

Crumbtiny

Oct 27, 2017
I have redownloaded hitman 1/ 2. In hitman 2 I have hitman 1 contact. In hitman 3 I can download only hitman 2 content. First one shows 29.99euros

I'm in a similar situation. Bought Hitman 3 on Series X last night. Only lets me play Hitman 2 campaign and says I need to buy Hitman 1 for $30.

When I look at what I have installed for Hitman 2 it has all the Hitman levels, the expansion pass for 2, and then Hitman 1 legacy levels and GOTY outfits/bonus missions. So i have all of Hitman 1 downloaded in Hitman 2.

Does this mean I need to redownload Hitman 1 and launch it so I can get the access pack from it's store?

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I don't see how I link my Hitman 3 to the IOI account on pc/epic? on pc/steam it's in the options?

totofogo

Oct 29, 2017
Chicago
I just gave it a try. The demo only has access to the tutorial area I guess, so I don't know how that compares to a full level, but the loading times are pretty quick. Not annoying at all and def WAY better than Hitman (2016) on Xbox One S.

I'm on fiber w 250Mbps down, Switch hooked up via LAN adapter. The video quality didn't look super great, and it was kind of occasionally extremely laggy. Hoping that's just the launch day traffic. People had good things to say about Control Cloud Version, so will give it another try. I really want this to work! Will keep looking out for other impressions.

Just gave it a shot myself over lunch and really enjoyed it, played super smoothly. $60 is too steep for me but I'll keep an eye out for a sale.

Actually, is it even possible to wishlist the access pass to see if it goes on sale? I don't see it in the eshop :/

DrScruffleton

Oct 26, 2017
the site has been pretty much completely dead for me for the last 25 minutes or so. Cant even get the page to start the process to load.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm in a similar situation. Bought Hitman 3 on Series X last night. Only lets me play Hitman 2 campaign and says I need to buy Hitman 1 for $30.

When I look at what I have installed for Hitman 2 it has all the Hitman levels, the expansion pass for 2, and then Hitman 1 legacy levels and GOTY outfits/bonus missions. So i have all of Hitman 1 downloaded in Hitman 2.

Does this mean I need to redownload Hitman 1 and launch it so I can get the access pack from it's store?

There's a problem they're working on for XBox specifically. If you already have Hitman 1's levels in 2, you should be fine and just need to wait for that fix.

El-Suave

Oct 27, 2017
I'm getting to the "select target account" step, then it crashes. Whoever made this process so convoluted, taking so many steps and therefore hitting the server so often, needs to rethink their approach.

Crumbtiny

Oct 27, 2017
There's a problem they're working on for XBox specifically. If you already have Hitman 1's levels in 2, you should be fine and just need to wait for that fix.

Oh ok, thank you for the response. Lol there's so much else going on with this I don't mind waiting. Wanted to make sure it wasn't just a screw up or misunderstanding on my end.

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
God damn dubai is stunning.

went through and got 4 stars on my first attempt without usiing opportunity clues amd just finding little secrets in the world.
God damn these games are just so special

Thug Larz

Designer @ Bungie
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Apologies if this has been answered already:

I never played either of the previous two games, and don't own anything beyond Hitman III on my PS5 (freshly downloaded).

Will I run into any issues starting up a new game of Hitman III today?

Thanks in advance!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
Same here, there's an IOI section in the options.
ok if you start up the game for the first time it went straight into the first mission and in mission there is no IOI section.
now after the second startup I can access the IOI section from the main menu but if I enter my email adress it just says fail.

what a mess

I mean there is not even a field to enter the passwort? what is this?

Last edited:

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
It's getting to the point where they need to give us some expectations. It's been 7 hours since launch with no contact for the last 4 hours. If it's not going to be fixed soon, I'm writing off launch day and jumping back into Cyberpunk.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
I'm about to call it at work. Still not been able to connect them. :(
Might just tinker a little in Dubai to pass the time.

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017
Just an FYI: Kyuuji's suggestion to go into Hitman 1 to download the GOTY access pass worked for me on Xbox. I've got all of the Hitman 1 and 2 levels available in 3 now. Just finished Dubai for the first time. This game fucking rules.

ohitsluca

Oct 29, 2017
Updates from IOI on twitter:

"Update on progression carryover: We're processing thousands of players and getting more of you playing. If you complete the process and see that your request has 'failed', it will be placed in a queue on our end and processed. You can do no more. (1/2)" https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351982113042669568

"We're escalating an issue where you're not receiving emails for new accounts or resetting a password. - We're doing everything we can and reading all your comments while we work. - Thanks for sticking with us and we get everything running smooth. (2/2)" https://twitter.com/IOInteractive/status/1351982842784444425

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
I've managed to submit it 3 times in total now but still not showing up in the import requests.