• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters
Nov 8, 2017
Anybody play this on Switch yet? How are the loading times on there? If they are good, I'm so in! Last Hitman I played was the 1st from this trilogy, on Xbox One S, so the loading times kind of sucked, esp for a game that wants you to constantly try new stuff & restart.

Also, how does the Hitman 1 & 2 content work on Switch? Curious what the pricing is to get everything.

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's out, what's the word on importing levels from the previous games into Hitman 3? Is having the Legacy Pack installed in Hitman 2 sufficient for export to Hitman 3?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
The episodic nature of the first game is the culprit for all this transfer messiness, I'd wager.
Going from that to a standard release had to have been a somewhat difficult thing to port over. Plus all of the live events and stuff too.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
Does the hitman 2 access pass thing on EGS actually give you hitman 2 on Epic or just access to the levels in hitman 3?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Does anyone know why Hitman 3 would think that I own the Hitman 2 levels but not Hitman 1? Despite having owned and completed the levels both in Hitman and Hitman 2?

I have neither of them installed now, so unsure if I'm meant to download Hitman 1 again (so annoying if so, such a huge download) to "prove" that I own it to Hitman 3 so I can download the Access pass or something?

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
The episodic nature of the first game is the culprit for all this transfer messiness, I'd wager.
Going from that to a standard release had to have been a somewhat difficult thing to port over. Plus all of the live events and stuff too.

It was originally meant to be the Destiny Model but then SE pressured them into releasing with just one map and going full episodic. Originally they were going to do 3 maps then another 3 maps. Hitman 3 with every map is really meant to be the finished product, but yeah, getting there considering how convoluted the previous games have been is tough.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Now that it's out, what's the word on importing levels from the previous games into Hitman 3? Is having the Legacy Pack installed in Hitman 2 sufficient for export to Hitman 3?
It was for me. I was on ps5 for mine but I just had to pick the goty hitman pack from the in game store, then hitman 2 goty if you have the dlc levels or normal if you don't

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
lol you can't save when you're offline.

1lWpKqn.png

Oh shit. Haven't tried offline yet lol

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Does anyone know why Hitman 3 would think that I own the Hitman 2 levels but not Hitman 1? Despite having owned and completed the levels both in Hitman and Hitman 2?

I have neither of them installed now, so unsure if I'm meant to download Hitman 1 again (so annoying if so, such a huge download) to "prove" that I own it to Hitman 3 so I can download the Access pass or something?

If you never imported Hitman 1 into Hitman 2 then the Hitman 1 Access Pass won't show up as free.

Nov 21, 2017
Do trophies carry over from previous games? I 100% hitman 2. Also, I tried to carry over progress but it didn't work and I boot up the game again it went straight to the menu. I there still a way to carry over previous data?

SpaceKangaroo

Oct 28, 2017
PS4 Physical copy -> PS5 Digital Upgrade seems to be based on downloading the trial then.

Downloaded the Hitman 3 trial, it auto queued every mission of Hitman 3 as DLC. I then purchased all Hitman 1+2 content packs from the store (free).

Can boot in to any mission - so I guess the trial version is the way to go?

edit: ignore that - trial version locks you out of trophies so I assume everything is just currently on fire!

Last edited:

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
PS5 (physical) version here:
Before it all went offline, I managed to access the 'Hitman 1 Access pass' and 'Hitman 2 Access pass' within the Hitman 3 client and managed to unlocked all levels (incl. those sniper levels) from the PSN Store. Also, managed to access the PS4 VR stuff and that's downloading now as well.

The only roadblock now is the 'Carryover' website... 🤷

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
...so maybe it's a good thing that I'm heads down crafting in FF14 still and can't start for a couple days anyway, hah. Though my copy from LRG doesn't really have tracking details anyway... worst case I still need to play 2's second DLC level, so I wouldn't mind going back to 2 one last time to knock that out to tide me over. Though it's installed on my PS4 so knowing of those load time improvements is going to be hard.

Are you on XBox? There's an issue they're fixing at the moment.

Call of Duty

Oct 27, 2017

I have the same problem. I think my issue was that I had the disc version of Hitman 1 and the digital version of Hitman 2. I imported the Hitman 1 levels into Hitman 2 a long time ago.

I am in the process of reinstalling Hitman 1 to see if that helps.

The process is a mess so far.

razt99

Jan 7, 2021
Weirdly for me i got access to the hitman 2 levels fine, however hitman 1 is asking me to pay, i have hitman 1 installed so i guess just a aserver issue?

Nemesis_

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
If you never imported Hitman 1 into Hitman 2 then the Hitman 1 Access Pass won't show up as free.

Like I said in my original post, I have completed mastery on all levels (from both games) in both HITMAN 1 and in HITMAN 2 so I assume if I've done that I've "imported" them across?

Are you on XBox? There's an issue they're fixing at the moment.

That's frustrating. Thanks. Hopefully they get on top of it soon. And yeah, on Xbox.

I have the same problem. I think my issue was that I had the disc version of Hitman 1 and the digital version of Hitman 2. I imported the Hitman 1 levels into Hitman 2 a long time ago.

I've had digital of the first two games with all the bells and whistles for each release. So it isn't that, for sure.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017

Same question for you - are you on XBox? There's apparently an issue they're trying to fix.

mdf/markus

Oct 30, 2017
More H2 vs H3 comparisons....

Here are screenshots sliders from PS5 for H2 vs H3. The jump to native 4k is actually bigger than I thought. I also don't know why the text is like that on the H3 screenshots. On screen it looks fine. Anyway basically everything looks clearer and sharper and you see more details, especially in background objects. There's lighting changes, like on Paris the blocks near 47 appear reflective now (although that isn't ray tracing). And as I mentioned earlier, I also feel like the game is a little smoother/more responsive.

Paris Comparison Slider
H2 | H3

Miami Comparison Slider
H2 | H3

That's pretty cool, to be honest.
Wasn't expecting an upgrade with reflections and stuff like that.

Oct 25, 2017
The Hitman 1 content redeem is so confusing.

I read through the thing seeing "if you own the Standard edition of Hitman 1, you will get the access pass for 1 for free and it's a free GOTY upgrade"

But no... that's not what I bought 4 years ago.

I bought the intro pack and the upgrade pack, but apparently those don't count for the Hitman 1 levels because Sony completely delisted that version of the game

image.png

I wish this shit made more sense because even though I "own the levels" I don't own the version of the game that supports the levels in Hitman 3 and now the price has been raised. FML

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Like I said in my original post, I have completed mastery on all levels (from both games) in both HITMAN 1 and in HITMAN 2 so I assume if I've done that I've "imported" them across?

People keep using "imported" which is understandable but a bit vague.

Specifically: you just need to have redeemed the Legacy Pack within 1. Theoretically, to get the 1 Access Pack you don't even need to have actually ever opened 2 and installed the Legacy Pack.

Jaded Alyx

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought hitman 2 last month or so on Steam. I did a fair amount of challenges in the first level and barely anything in the second. I can get hitman 3+the H2 access pass for about $28 on EGS. Should I go for it or just wait until they sort out the transfer stuff?

BlackJace

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
It was originally meant to be the Destiny Model but then SE pressured them into releasing with just one map and going full episodic. Originally they were going to do 3 maps then another 3 maps. Hitman 3 with every map is really meant to be the finished product, but yeah, getting there considering how convoluted the previous games have been is tough.
Really glad they're independent now lol

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
So the carryover webpage is no longer getting slammed, but it's still not recognizing that my Steam account/Hitman 2 progress is linked to my account.

Oct 25, 2017
So I bought hitman 2 last month or so on Steam. I did a fair amount of challenges in the first level and barely anything in the second. I can get hitman 3+the H2 access pass for about $28 on EGS. Should I go for it or just wait until they sort out the transfer stuff?

Wait. They've said ownership will carry over but they don't have a timeline for it yet.

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
All the map content from the other games is in, just have to wait for the carryover thing to work. I still started a game to check out the first level though.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I've just made the test, progression AND trophies are carrying automatically between the PS5 <> PS4VR version (synced with IO login).

Since I will play the legacy content in VR, I am wondering if carrying my progression would be a good idea, compared to a fresh start, also because trophies are packed by episodes now.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Is that carry over thing for every platform? Or is that just for PC? I'm playing on PS5, and I'm like halfway through hitman 1, was going to continue in hitman 3.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
People keep using "imported" which is understandable but a bit vague.

Specifically: you just need to have redeemed the Legacy Pack within 1. Theoretically, to get the 1 Access Pack you don't even need to have actually ever opened 2 and installed the Legacy Pack.
The pre-launch guide does specify having downloaded the Legacy pack at some point fwiw.