• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
More H2 vs H3 comparisons....

Here are screenshots sliders from PS5 for H2 vs H3. The jump to native 4k is actually bigger than I thought. I also don't know why the text is like that on the H3 screenshots. On screen it looks fine. Anyway basically everything looks clearer and sharper and you see more details, especially in background objects. There's lighting changes, like on Paris the blocks near 47 appear reflective now (although that isn't ray tracing). And as I mentioned earlier, I also feel like the game is a little smoother/more responsive.

Paris Comparison Slider
H2 | H3

Miami Comparison Slider
H2 | H3

Just did some quick loading time comparisons... These are on PS5 with missions at default settings. Connected to the servers. Also the little hitch when you go to save/load games seem to be gone, however that also seems to get worse as you get amass more game saves so it could still be there.

Paris
H2 PS4 - 43 seconds
H2 PS5 - 25 seconds
H3 PS5 - 9 seconds

Miami
H2 PS4 - 1 minute 2 seconds
H2 PS5 - 24 seconds
H3 PS5 - 11 seconds

I don't have Hitman 1 loading times on me, but I assume they're about the same as H2. Anyway it's obviously a dramatic improvement.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
This is so weird. Tried both from in-game and the web store and Hitman 2: Gold's access pass is showing as £79.99 for me. I own Hitman 2: Gold digitally so strange that some are having it show up as free and others aren't.

Weird. Yeah both were free for me, no hassle. I don't see why it should be any different for anyone else.

Maybe different stores are just updating at different rates? I'm in Canada.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Just did some quick loading time comparisons... These are on PS5 with missions at default settings. Connected to the servers. Also the little hitch when you go to save/load games seem to be gone, however that also seems to get worse as you get amass more game saves so it could still be there.

Paris
H2 PS4 - 43 seconds
H2 PS5 - 25 seconds
H3 PS5 - 9 seconds

Miami
H2 PS4 - 1 minute 2 seconds
H2 PS5 - 24 seconds
H3 PS5 - 11 seconds

I don't have Hitman 1 loading times on me, but I assume they're about the same as H2. Anyway it's obviously a dramatic improvement.

Fuck yes. This is the only improvement I needed from 3 on PS5 and I'm so glad to hear it happened.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's not letting me transfer Hitman 1 into Hitman 3 despite owning and downloading Hitman 1. It's not even giving me the option of downloading the legacy pack for free. Why is this so complicated lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Weird. Yeah both were free for me, no hassle. I don't see why it should be any different for anyone else.
Maybe different stores are just updating at different rates? I'm in Canada.
The Hitman 2 Gold access pass asks me to buy it, but the separate standard/expansion access passes were free
Yeh perhaps this is a regional store thing as well as the server issues. Seems everyone's getting a different thing 😂

ket

Jul 27, 2018
Lol

Credit: https://www.reddit.com/r/HiTMAN/comments/l19nx2/solidarity_47/

yamewiqtthc61.jpg

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017
It's not letting me transfer Hitman 1 into Hitman 3 despite owning and downloading Hitman 1. It's not even giving me the option of downloading the legacy pack for free. Why is this so complicated lol

Pretty sure you gotta import Hitman 1 into Hitman 2, and then import Hitman 2 for all the content.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
Is it possible to carry-over progressions from Hitman 1 to Hitman 3 without buying hitman 2?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
More H2 vs H3 comparisons....

Here are screenshots sliders from PS5 for H2 vs H3. The jump to native 4k is actually bigger than I thought. I also don't know why the text is like that on the H3 screenshots. On screen it looks fine. Anyway basically everything looks clearer and sharper and you see more details, especially in background objects. There's lighting changes, like on Paris the blocks near 47 appear reflective now (although that isn't ray tracing). And as I mentioned earlier, I also feel like the game is a little smoother/more responsive.

Paris Comparison Slider
H2 | H3

Miami Comparison Slider
H2 | H3

I was hoping to see the mission titles applied to the previous missions, so I'm happy to see that here in terms of aesthetic.

Is it possible to carry-over progressions from Hitman 1 to Hitman 3 without buying hitman 2?

No, because Square-Enix created complications for the first game, everyone started fresh when 2 came out and had to unlock things all over again with their experience focused mastery system. 2 isn't just used because it was just the previous game, it's the only title IO can reference to carry content over.

Oct 25, 2017
The progression from Hitman 1 didn't carry over in to 2 before, so no. Hitman 2 created a (much better) new progression system. H3 uses the same progression/Mastery system as H2, but some of the levels have an expanded number of tiers.

Stat

Oct 25, 2017
I was hoping to see the mission titles applied to the previous missions, so I'm happy to see that here in terms of aesthetic.

No, because Square-Enix created complications for the first game, everyone started fresh when 2 came out and had to unlock things all over again with their experience focused mastery system.
Oh so even if I buy Hitman 2 right now, I cant carry my progression from 1 to 2 then to 3?

Mathi

Oct 25, 2017
At least I got far enough into the transfer progress to see that I never got to mastery level 20 in Haven. I think I'm gonna finish that first and try the transfer again in a day or two when the servers are working.

Disker

Sep 17, 2020
Lol went into the transfer page finally, no Hitman 2 account's found...

I already attached my PS4 Hitman 2 account today for MY PS5 Hitman 3, what a messy tool this is.

IT even tells me under my IOI account, Hitman 1 and 2, and my PSN. How shitty.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so even if I buy Hitman 2 right now, I cant carry my progression from 1 to 2 then to 3?

Nope. Everything you can carry into 3 can only be done by unlocking it in 2.

To make it as clear as I can, you can unlock content from the first game in the second game, and all of that can be transferred to the third game. Unlocking anything in the first game executable cannot be transferred at all. Did you unlock the Silverballer in Paris in the first game's executable? It cannot be transferred. Did you unlock the Silverballer in Paris in the second game's executable? Then it can.

Sorry if this is all confusing to you. Basically, you can carry over content, but any of it has to be from HITMAN 2's executable file, so if you want to transfer unlocks from the first game, they need to be unlocked by unlocking them while playing the second.

Given the situation you're outlining, you might as well buy the second game and play all three titles in the third game's executable for the most unified experience.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
If you're on PC, there's a decent Benchmarking tool in the Graphics settings you can use to test and tweak. The default settings seem to be very low, so recommend giving it a look.

Oct 25, 2017
Calgary, AB
Maybe a dumb question? I booted up Hitman 2 today to see what e-mail my IO account was linked to...and the game isn't showing me logged into an account at all. Can't tell if that's because the site is down, or because I never actually created one. But assuming it's the latter, will I have to open and then link my Hitman 2 to an IO account before booting Hitman 3 to have my progress carry over?

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
They should have done a soft rollout by letting Deluxe version owners get on a day early or something.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Maybe a dumb question? I booted up Hitman 2 today to see what e-mail my IO account was linked to...and the game isn't showing me logged into an account at all. Can't tell if that's because the site is down, or because I never actually created one. But assuming it's the latter, will I have to open and then link my Hitman 2 to an IO account before booting Hitman 3 to have my progress carry over?

The account system is down. You probably just can't login.

Crazymoogle

Game Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Asia
My experience: PS5 Digital (Canada)
  1. Downloaded the game from the store to make absolutely certain I was getting the PS5 version
  2. Went to the add-on content in the store for H3 PS5 and grabbed the access passes.
  3. Loaded the game; there was a lengthy server connection to connect to online, but it did eventually work.
  4. Had an error on the Hitman 2 Gold pass but tried again and it worked. Somehow it downloaded all of the passes? (standard and gold)
  5. Obviously the same transfer server dead as everyone else
  6. All of the content across 1/2/3 works, just that I get server error messages on accessing most of it. But it is unlocked, just with the progression warnings.
Beyond that, everything I play works fine. Just that it's all vanilla so no point in progressing much.
  • Still haven't seen any sign of VR despite having PSVR hooked up. I didn't see anything on the Canada store for it.
  • Maybe it's just me but Dubai looks kinda washed out in 4K HDR? I can tell HDR is functioning but can't say if Dubai is supposed to look so dull (especially the clouds when outside). It doesn't help that the intro cutscene to Mission 1 is very clearly not HDR and has a black level that is very...grey
  • I connected to IOI to get the costumes. The system continues to be a bit weird but at least no fuss there.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
  1. Downloaded the game from the store to make absolutely certain I was getting the PS5 version
  2. Went to the add-on content in the store for H3 PS5 and grabbed the access passes.
  3. Loaded the game; there was a lengthy server connection to connect to online, but it did eventually work.
  4. Had an error on the Hitman 2 Gold pass but tried again and it worked. Somehow it downloaded all of the passes? (standard and gold)
  6. All of the content across 1/2/3 works, just that I get server error messages on accessing most of it. But it is unlocked, just with the progression warnings.
Beyond that, everything I play works fine. Just that it's all vanilla so no point in progressing much.
  • Still haven't seen any sign of VR despite having PSVR hooked up. I didn't see anything on the Canada store for it.
  • Maybe it's just me but Dubai looks kinda washed out in 4K HDR? I can tell HDR is functioning but can't say if Dubai is supposed to look so dull (especially the clouds when outside). It doesn't help that the intro cutscene to Mission 1 is very clearly not HDR and has a black level that is very...grey
  • I connected to IOI to get the costumes. The system continues to be a bit weird but at least no fuss there.

Unless I am mistaken, PSVR only works for the PS4 version of the game. Maybe this will change in an update given how they're handling updated compatibility for the device on PS5.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017

VR only works on the PS4 BC version of the game. So might have to download it from the ... button beside the game.

jim2011

Oct 27, 2017
FYI for Xbox owners not able to access the HITMAN 1 GOTY pass for free when they should be able to, IOI is working on it.

MattyG

Oct 25, 2017
Lol went into the transfer page finally, no Hitman 2 account's found...

I already attached my PS4 Hitman 2 account today for MY PS5 Hitman 3, what a messy tool this is.

IT even tells me under my IOI account, Hitman 1 and 2, and my PSN. How shitty.
Same here. Hope they get it fixed soon