• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Also having the issue of no eligibility showing up when finally in the site. The site clearly showed H2 and 1 yesterday so this seems like an odd bug

Androidsleeps

Oct 27, 2017
IoI account website is pretty much dead, can't link it and carryover my Hitman 2 progress and if I do it later I'll lose all Hitman 3 progress?!

NightShift

Oct 25, 2017
Australia
Had a bit of a play around on one of the older maps so here's some quick thoughts on PS5:
-Haptic feedback is nice but triggers honestly suck. R2 always gets resistive halfway through in a way that doesn't even simulate a trigger pull and I have no idea what throwing objects is supposed to feel like.
-Bringing up your saved games is now instant, which is great! Including menus and loading times, it now takes under 10 seconds to reload.

Not touching the new maps until the progress carry over is working. Hope it works after I sleep because I have the whole day free.

Dio

Oct 25, 2017
so, if i'm understanding this correctly: it's still not possible to have the H2 stages, unless i buy the access pack on Epic, and the carryover site, who would supposedly transfer what i have on steam is being hammered at the moment, yes?
besides that, if i have 1, do also need to download the access pass that appeared on the epic launcher?
zhy374P.jpg

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Just did some quick loading time comparisons... These are on PS5 with missions at default settings. Connected to the servers. Also the little hitch when you go to save/load games seem to be gone, however that also seems to get worse as you get amass more game saves so it could still be there.

Paris
H2 PS4 - 43 seconds
H2 PS5 - 25 seconds
H3 PS5 - 9 seconds

Miami
H2 PS4 - 1 minute 2 seconds
H2 PS5 - 24 seconds
H3 PS5 - 11 seconds

I don't have Hitman 1 loading times on me, but I assume they're about the same as H2. Anyway it's obviously a dramatic improvement.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
so, if i'm understanding this correctly: it's still not possible to have the H2 stages, unless i buy the access pack on Epic, and the carryover site, who would supposedly transfer what i have on steam is being hammered at the moment, yes?
besides that, if i have 1, do also need to download the access pass that appeared on the epic launcher?
zhy374P.jpg
They're working out getting the Hitman 2 Access Pass for free in the coming weeks, for those that own Hitman 2 on Steam.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
On Xbox I've been able to claim the Hitman 2 Standard and Hitman 2 Expansion access passes for free.

However the Hitman 1 GOTY access pass shows as £24.99, even though I own the Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack for Hitman 2.

Anyone else seeing this issue? It's worth noting I don't own Hitman 1 standalone, but instead own all of the 'Legacy' DLC for Hitman 2.

Di you also claim the Hitman 2 Starter Pack? That was my issue for claiming the Hitman 1 content.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Well even if I cannot get the carry over to work yet, the activiation of H1 & H2 content was quick and easy. Added bonus I now also finally have access to patient zero which I never owned in the past. So it really is the complete Hitman experience. 😎

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
Engine improvements do. I don't know if it's been cataloged what 3's major engine changes are but 2 brought in briefcases, crowd stealth, and hiding in shrubbery, and these were features added to the first game if played in the second game's executable.

Playing the old games in the new title has all of its updates spread back to previous games. If you're planning to play the whole trilogy, just buy all three on the same platform and play them in 3's executable.

Thanks for the advice. Do I need to buy that legacy pack thing too in order to get the free upgrades? So far I have just the base games for 1 and 2.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Just did some quick loading time comparisons... These are on PS5 with missions at default settings. Connected to the servers. Also the little hitch when you go to save/load games seem to be gone, however that also seems to get worse as you get amass more game saves so it could still be there.

Paris
H2 PS4 - 43 seconds
H2 PS5 - 25 seconds
H3 PS5 - 9 seconds

Miami
H2 PS4 - 1 minute 2 seconds
H2 PS5 - 24 seconds
H3 PS5 - 11 seconds

I don't have Hitman 1 loading times on me, but I assume they're about the same as H2. Anyway it's obviously a dramatic improvement.
Nice!

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
On Xbox I've been able to claim the Hitman 2 Standard and Hitman 2 Expansion access passes for free.

However the Hitman 1 GOTY access pass shows as £24.99, even though I own the Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack for Hitman 2.

Anyone else seeing this issue? It's worth noting I don't own Hitman 1 standalone, but instead own all of the 'Legacy' DLC for Hitman 2.
I'm still having this issue as well. I was told to re download the first game and redeem the pass there but it tells me I already owned the legacy pack when I checked.

Tried the starter pack trick and still nothing.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't ever make an IOI account. I just assumed it'd see what I own on my console account and unlock it.

Is an IOI account required to transfer over content from H1 an H2 into 3?

Tovarisc

Oct 25, 2017
FIN
They're working out getting the Hitman 2 Access Pass for free in the coming weeks, for those that own Hitman 2 on Steam.

I assume we who own Hitman 1 and 2 on Steam can import content & progress from them into EGS Hitman 3 once system is fixed, without need to now buy and redeem stuff on EGS?

It's kinda amazing how IOI keeps fumbling the ball when it comes to these kind of systems, from function to just how messy they are about what you need and where to get X or Y. Can't wait for diagrams about that 007 game how you need do X, Y, Z, V... to unlock all the content.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the advice. Do I need to buy that legacy pack thing too in order to get the free upgrades? So far I have just the base games for 1 and 2.

I don't know how 3 handles specific editions of previous games. I'd say to try and get all of the content for the respective games before getting 3 just to get the full experience. DLC for 1 is just a side campaign but the DLC to 2 leads right into the new game.

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
OK Hitman fans, I am only now playing through Hitman 1. I also have Hitman 2 in my backlog. I was going to wait on Hitman 3 after I finished the first two thinking it could be on sale by then. Is there any advantages playing the first two after buying the 3rd. Like do improvements get spread to the older games?

If you own both Hitman 1 & 2 currently I'd recommend playing the first games content via the Hitman 2 client. You can port across the levels but your progress won't carry over. However progress *will* carry over from Hitman 2 to 3.

Hitman 2 added some engine improvements, like mirror reflections, that are also implemented in the Hitman 1 levels. I'm not sure what improvements the third game is adding, other than PSVR support

Playing through the first two games content within Hitman 2 should keep you busy for a while, and then if you do pick up the third game later all your progress, gear & cosmetics unlocks will come over.

Oct 25, 2017
If you own both Hitman 1 & 2 currently I'd recommend playing the first games content via the Hitman 2 client. You can port across the levels but your progress won't carry over. However progress *will* carry over from Hitman 2 to 3.

Hitman 2 added some engine improvements, like mirror reflections, that are also implemented in the Hitman 1 levels. I'm not sure what improvements the third game is adding, other than PSVR support

I'd recommend playing through the first two games content within Hitman 2, and then if you do pick up the third game later all your progress, gear & cosmetics unlocks will come over.

Also, I'd like to clarify "progress". Progress is in terms of tracking challenges and Mastery unlocks. You can freely select any mission and part of the campaign at any time.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't ever make an IOI account. I just assumed it'd see what I own on my console account and unlock it.

Is an IOI account required to transfer over content from H1 an H2 into 3?
On consoles, no. But if you want progression to carryover you need an account. On PC it seems to be required for both progression and content.

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the website is getting hammered. Guess i will wait to play. No point if my progress does not carry over. I have hitman 2 and all the legacy stuff installed on my system along with hitman 3, yet i still have to login into the hitman website to have it carry over. Does not seem well thoughtout.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I assume we who own Hitman 1 and 2 on Steam can import content & progress from them into EGS Hitman 3 once system is fixed, without need to now buy and redeem stuff on EGS?

It's kinda amazing how IOI keeps fumbling the ball when it comes to these kind of systems, from function to just how messy they are about what you need and where to get X or Y. Can't wait for diagrams about that 007 game how you need do X, Y, Z, V... to unlock all the content.
You are correct. For now (when systems are back up) you should be able to get the Hitman 1 GOTY Access Pass for free on EGS, and do the progression crossover from Steam to EGS. Hitman 2 Access (for free) is in the coming weeks.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Cross-posting from the pre-launch guide thread:

Anyone running into problems carrying over their Hitman 2 progress to Hitman 3? Last night I made an IOI account and linked my Steam account to it from in-game Hitman 2, and when I just log into my IOI account, I see my Steam account and Hitman 2 ownership under the Linked Accounts section. However when I go to the Progress Carryover webpage, it says "No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found". Anyone else experience this?

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany

Anyone running into problems carrying over their Hitman 2 progress to Hitman 3? Last night I made an IOI account and linked my Steam account to it from in-game Hitman 2, and when I just log into my IOI account, I see my Steam account and Hitman 2 ownership under the Linked Accounts section. However when I go to the Progress Carryover webpage, it says "No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found". Anyone else experience this?
Seems to be that everyone is experiencing this currently, haven't seen anyone actually manage to do it.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
I guess the website is getting hammered. Guess i will wait to play. No point if my progress does not carry over. I have hitman 2 and all the legacy stuff installed on my system along with hitman 3, yet i still have to login into the hitman website to have it carry over. Does not seem well thoughtout.

Seriously, it should just read out my saves or something. Putting this up with launch also isn't doing them any favors. Of course it would get hammered.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017

Everyone is experiencing this.

dunkzilla

alt account
Banned
Dec 13, 2018
Stupid question, but do I need to boot up H2 on steam at all now? Or can I safely delete it and just use the IOI website?

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
On consoles, no. But if you want progression to carryover you need an account. On PC it seems to be required for both progression and content.

Nice, thanks.

I just loaded up Hitman 3 for the first time (on Xbox) and Hitman GOTY, Hitman 2 and Hitman 2 Expansion are all ticked for me and looks like all destinations are unlocked.

I'm good to go in terms of content then?

Just need to do some IOI account creation to bring my progression/unlocks over?

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Nice, thanks.

I just loaded up Hitman 3 for the first time (on Xbox) and Hitman GOTY, Hitman 2 and Hitman 2 Expansion are all ticked for me and looks like all destinations are unlocked.

I'm good to go in terms of content then?

Just need to do some IOI account creation to bring my progression/unlocks over?
Well the only thing is that you have to play H2 with your IOI account linked first, so you would need to get H2 again.

You can't link the games to the account other than booting them up and putting the account in.

-Tom

Aug 11, 2018
Kinda confusing that progression carry over went up alongside the game rather than earlier in the week. Servers were bound to die. I'll come back later I guess!

Scrobbles

Oct 25, 2017

I'm having the same issue. I'm thinking that it's just because the servers are a mess right now.