• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Gotta be honest this really sucks. I've been waiting on this longer than I've had a ps5 and since before the ps5 was even announced. Its probably my most hyped release of the year. And all I can do is view the title screen.
You can still play. Personally my first run through a level is always a kind of scout run which pretty much always ends up in failure, so I'm not making much actual progress anyway. So right now I'm just playing the first level, kinda checking out where everything is, while I wait for the site to work.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Was there really no way to get subtitles for all the talking NPCs? Or at least boost their dialogue volume? I can barely make out what some of these people are saying and I'd really like to, well, catch it all.

It's been an issue with the sound mix across all three games unfortunately. Generally speaking, if a conservation is subtitled then it's important and if it's not subtitled then it's just incidental chatter.

Tip: make sure you don't have anything equipped and hold down LT while looking at the people speaking. It will zoom in a bit, quieten down the background noise and boost the dialogue of the people you're looking at.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You can still play. Personally my first run through a level is always a kind of scout run which pretty much always ends up in failure, so I'm not making much actual progress anyway. So right now I'm just playing the first level, kinda checking out where everything is, while I wait for the site to work.
Yeah true. It just makes the desire to a lot weaker knowing everything will be deleted when the servers come up

Oct 25, 2017
So when Control Cloud Version came to Nintendo Switch it gave you about 20 minutes of gameplay to make sure your Internet could handle it. Hitman 3 Cloud Version only gives you about 10 minutes to check it out. I played the full 10 minutes Trial and posted the gameplay on YouTube. You can check it out below. I'm thinking about getting the full game on Switch just to see what it would/will be like to play through a game like this on Switch.

Slochy

Oct 25, 2017
Urgh. I got Hitman 2 installed plus the Legacy GOTY pack for Hitman 1 and still Hitman 3 wants me to buy the Access Pass for 29,99€ to be able to play Hitman 1 content. What's going on with that? Xbox user here. Do I have to install Hitman 1 separately to be recognized? What a convoluted mess this is...

TheBaldwin

Feb 25, 2018
Odd question

Is the ghost mode still available in the old hitman 2 levels on the hitman 3 version ?

Friend wants to buy it on PS4, but I'll be on PS5. Not sure if that works?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Urgh. I got Hitman 2 installed plus the Legacy GOTY pack for Hitman 1 and still Hitman 3 wants me to buy the Access Pass for 29,99€ to be able to play Hitman 1 content. What's going on with that? Xbox user here. Do I have to install Hitman 1 separately to be recognized? What a convoluted mess this is...
That's odd. You should only have needed to have downloaded the Legacy pack through Hitman 1 before, to get the new access pass for free.

cool, so it's not just on my end at least. hope it'll be sorted out soon.
Snaps. Good luck!

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Game feels noticeably snappier to play. I've been playing H2 on BC, and while that's 60fps, this does feel smoother. Also the bump to native 4k is nice for certain details like text but older missions don't look that much better.

Also Sniper Assassin does indeed have DualSense adaptive triggers, there's a hard stop on the trigger for where you slow down time that you have to squeeze down. You can't make a mistake anymore, although it's a little sore to use and wish it were adjusted a little.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Nice, I was able to access all my Hitman 1 and 2 maps inside Hitman 3 without having to redownload Hitman 1 and 2.

Game looks so sharp on PS5, so much more than H2 which looked pretty soft even with PS4 Pro settings. The coil whine is loud on this one, though. It's been awhile since I played a native PS5 game (I mostly play PS4 games which are mostly silent). I hope my PS5 doesn't explode.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Odd question

Is the ghost mode still available in the old hitman 2 levels on the hitman 3 version ?

Friend wants to buy it on PS4, but I'll be on PS5. Not sure if that works?

All of the multiplayer stuff isn't in 3 and was terminated in 2 some time ago. So, Ghost Mode and the cooperative Sniper Assassin elements aren't playable any longer.

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm on mobile at work right now trying to figure out how to make sure I queue up the PS5 access packs to download it so it can be ready when I get home but it doesn't seem like there is a way to pick what version?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I've never played Hitman.
Do I need to play Hitman 1 and 2 before this, is it a sequel storywise or standalone?

You can play it standalone, but it's not advised. Think of Hitman 1-3 as an actual trilogy of games. The game opens with plot threads that the previous game just ended on.

You can play all of the games in Hitman 3, but you need to own them.

OneBadMutha

Nov 2, 2017
OK Hitman fans, I am only now playing through Hitman 1. I also have Hitman 2 in my backlog. I was going to wait on Hitman 3 after I finished the first two thinking it could be on sale by then. Is there any advantages playing the first two after buying the 3rd. Like do improvements get spread to the older games?

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
"No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found"
Although I have all the games deluxe editions and they are linked in the profile page.
This whole carryover thing is a mess they should have let us do it anytime earlier so we don't have much load

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
The pre-launch guide says:
– PC (Epic): If you pre-purchase or purchase HITMAN 3 on EGS within the first 10 days of launch, you will be granted the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass for no additional charge. In addition, if you own or redeemed a free copy of HITMAN – The Complete First Season on EGS when it was available for free, you will be able to download this Access Pass at any time after purchasing HITMAN 3.
I pre-purchased HITMAN 3 Deluxe Edition, and had a free copy of HITMAN – The Complete First Season redeemed on my account.
What has shown up in my EGS library is the HITMAN – The Complete First Season Access Pass, not the HITMAN 1 GOTY Access Pass.

So apparently if you nabbed Hitman on EGS when it was free in August, you will not receive the HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition and will miss out on all the HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition content.
Presumably unless you purchase the HITMAN - Game of the Year Upgrade.

Cool. Thanks.

Nah, you have the GOTY pack. If you go to the Hitman 3 store page and look at the add ons you'll see you own the GOTY pack. That's what it was like for me.
It does say "OWNED" on the store page, and I found Patient Zero under Campaigns>Side Missions.

So false alarm, I suppose.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Interesting. While waiting for the progression transfer to be back up and running decided to launch on PS5 (first time double-dipping since Control) and..
  • Hitman GOTY Access Pass was free – no issies
  • Hitman 2 Gold Access Pass – shows as £79.99 despite owning Hitman 2 Gold.
Seems everything around Hitman 2 is messing up atm.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
OK Hitman fans, I am only now playing through Hitman 1. I also have Hitman 2 in my backlog. I was going to wait on Hitman 3 after I finished the first two thinking it could be on sale by then. Is there any advantages playing the first two after buying the 3rd. Like do improvements get spread to the older games?

Engine improvements do. I don't know if it's been cataloged what 3's major engine changes are but 2 brought in briefcases, crowd stealth, and hiding in shrubbery, and these were features added to the first game if played in the second game's executable.

Playing the old games in the new title has all of its updates spread back to previous games. If you're planning to play the whole trilogy, just buy all three on the same platform and play them in 3's executable.

Riddler

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first PS5 won't come out of rest mode bug. About 10 notifications of "Hitman 3" can't install.

Booted PS5 manually and H3 installing now, but it's also installing PS4 Hitman 3. Do I need both PS5 & 4 versions installed to transfer H1 & H2?

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I just received my physical Deluxe Edition for PS5 (despite not having the console yet...). I opened it and saw two codes, one for the Deluxe content, and another code for VR. Curiously, the VR code card implies the code is actually for the full PS4 game, but I won't have the opportunity to redeem them until later today/tomorrow.

Do you actually get the PS4 version indirectly based on this, or not?

Anyone? :)

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. While waiting for the progression transfer to be back up and running decided to launch on PS5 (first time double-dipping since Control) and..
  • Hitman GOTY Access Pass was free – no issies
  • Hitman 2 Gold Access Pass – shows as £79.99 despite owning Hitman 2 Gold.

According to the FAQ that is normal if you look for the pass via the Playstation Store. It should be working when you download the Hitman 2 Gold Access Pass via the In Game Store?

I now managed to get access to all of the content in Hitman 3. However, I didn't really do it according to the FAQ at all. I didn't use the In-Game-Store once even though I'd have to according to the FAQ o0

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Not going to play until server issues and the carryover process can be done.

But OMG, those benchmarks on the PC version look soooooo gooooood

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
According to the FAQ that is normal if you look for the pass via the Playstation Store. It should be working when you download the Hitman 2 Gold Access Pass via the In Game Store?
Unfortunately not – this is when clicking through from inside Hitman 3.
I can search the PSN store and see "Purchased" under Hitman 2: Gold as well, so I'm 100% sure. Even checked my emails and I definitely bought the Gold back in 2018.

Oct 25, 2017
Do I need to/should I play Hitman 1 + 2 first? I have never owned/ played any.

Do you need to? No. But you should because they are good games and they are more like 3 seasons of a single game and game engine than three totally separate games. Play the H1 demo. Try to get H1 or H2 or sale. H1 was in a Humble Monthly a while back so there may be cheap keys out there.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Got my first PS5 won't come out of rest mode bug. About 10 notifications of "Hitman 3" can't install.

Booted PS5 manually and H3 installing now, but it's also installing PS4 Hitman 3. Do I need both PS5 & 4 versions installed to transfer H1 & H2?

No, everything happens through your IOI account. No need to install the PS4 version unless you're planning on playing in VR.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Well, all the add on packs for H1 and H2 are showing up for free on the PS5 menu, so that's nice.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
My IOI Account says I have 2 registered products (Hitman 1 + 2) but the carryover site says there is no eligible Hitman 2 Account....

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately not – this is when clicking through from inside Hitman 3.
I can search the PSN store and see "Purchased" under Hitman 2: Gold as well, so I'm 100% sure. Even checked my emails and I definitely bought the Gold back in 2018.
I downloaded the standard pack and got access to my gold content with it.