• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
i really dont understand it: i bought the hitman 2 gold edition. and i was able to download all the hitman 1 levels (minus the patient dlc) for free.
so will i be able to transfer only the h2 levels to h3?
If you're digital:
  • Xbox/Playstation
    • Hitman 1 GOTY Content: You must have downloaded the Legacy pack for Hitman 1 to get this for free in 3.
    • Hitman 2 Content: You will have access to the access pack(s) – see further down – related to the content you own for Hitman 2 currently.
  • PC
    • Hitman 1 GOTY Content: Either have 'Hitman: The Complete First Season' on EGS or claim the access pack while it's free for 10 days from launch.
    • Hitman 2 Content: You will not need to repurchase Hitman 2 or buy the pack. This is being worked out in the coming weeks.

ymgve

Oct 31, 2017
i really dont understand it: i bought the hitman 2 gold edition. and i was able to download all the hitman 1 levels (minus the patient dlc) for free.
so will i be able to transfer only the h2 levels to h3?

All the progress you did in H2 should carry over. That includes the H1 levels, but only when you played them through H2.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone actually got the carry over to work yet? It just hangs for 5 minutes then throws an error

MadeULook

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Washington State
So I can't access Hitman 1 content for some reason on Xbox. I bought the Gold Edition for 2 so I should be good to go right? I checked the MS Store and it says I own the legacy pack so I'm now confused.

Oct 25, 2017
Just attempted the transfer on PS5 and got the 'no Hitman 2 data on this account' error. Booted Hitman 2 to 100% confirm I have the right account and I noticed that it had logged me out of the account, so I'm assuming their backend is on all kinds of fire and it'll get sorted eventually.

Oct 27, 2017
Mount Airy, MD
You'd think they'd learn this because like...this is the third time this has happened. HITMAN 2 kinda avoided this if you bought the editions that came with DLC because you could play it early, but for regular folks, launch day just didn't work.

They should have allowed the transfer option to be available at least 24 hours before the launch of the game.

Didn't the last Dragon Age do something like this? I can't remember if it used your actual saves or not, but I recall being able to set all that shit up a bit in advance of the release, and it was way smoother because of that.

BeeDog

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry if this has already been asked, but I just received my physical Deluxe Edition for PS5 (despite not having the console yet...). I opened it and saw two codes, one for the Deluxe content, and another code for VR. Curiously, the VR code card implies the code is actually for the full PS4 game, but I won't have the opportunity to redeem them until later today/tomorrow.

Do you actually get the PS4 version indirectly based on this, or not?

DeoGame

Dec 11, 2018
Still wish I got the Gold version. I bought the gold version on disc but no code and WB blamed Amazon who blamed WB. It was so annoying I didn't bother.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So I can't access Hitman 1 content for some reason on Xbox. I bought the Gold Edition for 2 so I should be good to go right? I checked the MS Store and it says I own the legacy pack so I'm now confused.
You need to download Hitman 1 and redeem+download the Legacy Pack from inside of it.
Then you will have access to the Hitman 1 GOTY access pass for free inside 3.

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
  • Hitman 1 GOTY Content: You must have downloaded the Legacy pack for Hitman 1 to get this access pack for free in 3.
  • Hitman 2 Content: You will have access to the access pack(s) – see further down – related to the content you own for Hitman 2 currently.
Thanks. Can i erase the games after validate the access?

(I'm at work right now can't check by myself now.)

Voorhees

Nov 20, 2017
So do you have to do the Account link before you play Hitman 3 or is it something you can do later? I want my progress to carry over but I also really want to play it now so I didn't know if it was a now or never type deal

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Just attempted the transfer on PS5 and got the 'no Hitman 2 data on this account' error. Booted Hitman 2 to 100% confirm I have the right account and I noticed that it had logged me out of the account, so I'm assuming their backend is on all kinds of fire and it'll get sorted eventually.
Same here. Just tried Hitman 2 and I'm also logged out. I'll just play a bit of the first Hitman 3 level until this is al sorted out. It's not like I will lose any 'real' progress since I will play through these levels tens of times anyway.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
So do you have to do the Account link before you play Hitman 3 or is it something you can do later? I want my progress to carry over but I also really want to play it now so I didn't know if it was a now or never type deal

You can link later.

But all progress you make in 3 will be wiped once you link it.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
It says all your Hitman 3 progress will be lost, so if you're ok with that you could play.

ara

Oct 26, 2017
Was there really no way to get subtitles for all the talking NPCs? Or at least boost their dialogue volume? I can barely make out what some of these people are saying and I'd really like to, well, catch it all.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I got the same and the message suggested to log out and use the "sign in with" option for Playstation/Xbox.
Just waiting to try and get a connection after doing so now lol.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yeah my Hitman 2 account is also not showing on IOI's transfer website

That's okay, I still have to finish Haven Island in H2 anyway, I'll spend the next day cleaning up my last few bits of progress

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
unknown.png

Stuck on this page now...

Edit: Now it says I have no eligible Hitman 2 account? fucked up.

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
So are Hitman 1 and 2 in HItman 3 like the full games or just the maps? Can I basically play the Hitman 1 and 2 story inside Hitman 3, or will it just be maps to do stuff on and i'll still need to play the older games for their stories?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't the last Dragon Age do something like this? I can't remember if it used your actual saves or not, but I recall being able to set all that shit up a bit in advance of the release, and it was way smoother because of that.

Those were also on the same platforms, so I imagine that was easier. This is accounting for new generations and different PC services, so this naturally gets messier, but they've had the infrastructure for years that logs your information. In fact, you can download that data from one of IO's websites.

Why you couldn't just download it and then run it on your end to transfer content is also odd, but I guess this is to prevent people from sharing 100% saves or something. They're only making this harder on themselves when they try to do it all at once.

So are Hitman 1 and 2 in HItman 3 like the full games or just the maps? Can I basically play the Hitman 1 and 2 story inside Hitman 3, or will it just be maps to do stuff on and i'll still need to play the older games stories?

It's the full games with all of the engine enhancements of the latest entry. I'm not sure what updates 1 and 2 get in 3, however. Assuming the camera is a permanent item always in your inventory, I guess that would have functionality in the previous games somewhat.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So are Hitman 1 and 2 in HItman 3 like the full games or just the maps? Can I basically play the Hitman 1 and 2 story inside Hitman 3, or will it just be maps to do stuff on and i'll still need to play the older games stories?
Yep – story too. The OP covers what missions are available in 3 from 1&2.

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone abke to successfully transfer progress? It doesnt find my account on select source account :(

kiguel182

Oct 31, 2017
20 euros for the Hitman 2 Gold Pass with 80 per cent discount? Lol right

I'll wait to see how the transfer from Steam to EGS goes or just wait for a sale.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Gotta be honest this really sucks. I've been waiting on this longer than I've had a ps5 and since before the ps5 was even announced. Its probably my most hyped release of the year. And all I can do is view the title screen.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Yep nothing even when signing in via xbox – seems the Hitman 2 progress bit is totally busted. Doesn't show eligible accounts using either sign in.