• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
The "80% off" from epic was going to be 20$.... 80% off 100$

thank god for that out rage

unknown.png
There's no way that price is correct

Oct 30, 2017
So we shouldn't play this until this carryover site gets sorted out right? Haven't played 1 or 2 but bought them so I can access the content in 3. Will be playing on PS5.

Tmespe

Oct 27, 2017
You can jump in to levels from activities on PS5. Hope they add more activities over time for challenges and stuff.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad my copy hasn't shown up yet. Maybe the transfer site and game servers will be smoother by the time it does.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
This just doesn't make sense to me. They specifically did a worldwide timed release to be ready for the launch.
But then you take the progression site and the game online at the same time for everyone worldwide?

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Also here are the Access Passes on US PSN for those who want them, if you already have HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 Gold you should only need the first two links.

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 1 GOTY Edition

The HITMAN 3 Access Pass system allows you to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 locations in HITMAN 3, essentially making it possible to play all locations in the World of Assassination trilogy from within HITMAN 3. Purchasing or redeeming this Access Pass will grant access to the locations from...

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Gold

The HITMAN 3 Access Pass system allows you to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 locations in HITMAN 3, essentially making it possible to play all locations in the World of Assassination trilogy from within HITMAN 3. Purchasing or redeeming this Access Pass will grant access to the locations from...

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Standard

HITMAN 3 Access Pass: HITMAN 2 Expansion

It is, it's what Hitman 2 Gold costs normally.
It's wild they're charging that much

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
A couple questions:

Can I just buy Hitman 2 Gold access pass or do I have to buy both?

Do I have to install Hitman 1 Access Pass in my epic games library?

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
No eligible HITMAN 2 accounts found.

Lol, thanks IOI. I'm 100% sure I'm logged into the right account since I just checked last night if everything was in order and it was.

Oreiller

Oct 25, 2017
Ok, you don't need to have Hitman 1 or 2 installed on PS5 to access their levels it seems. Just pop Hitman 3, go to campaign, click on one of their levels and download the access pack.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
I knew the website and servers would crash the way they were doing this. They should have let people transfer their progress on the website in advance at least. Now they've just released a game no-one will want to play yet because their progress will be overwritten later on if they do

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
I see a trial for the game on PSN now. Is that the free equivalent so people can play the enhanced earlier levels like 2 had?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So we shouldn't play this until this carryover site gets sorted out right? Haven't played 1 or 2 but bought them so I can access the content in 3. Will be playing on PS5.
You will need to download Hitman 1 and redeem+download the Legacy pack from inside of it to get the Hitman GOTY Access Pass in 3.
If digital, the Hitman 2 access pack should be free for whichever elements of Hitman 2 you own.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
It just doesn't make sense. They shouldn't be priced so that they're equal to the game. You can't play that content without also owning Hitman 3 so how is it fair to charge the equivalent of a game for them?

They need to re-evaluate the team that's making the decisions on pricing because this is ridiculous.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Also here are the Access Passes on US PSN for those who want them:

HITMAN 2 being that much even now is fucking crazy, but I think us fans shouldn't forget nobody actually bought it when it came out, so I guess they're trying to treat it as a new game...?

Should be just $30 each.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

Here's me bumbling round Dubai for half an hour - this game is *fun*

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
If I recall correctly.... the hitman 1 access pass for hitman 2 was cheaper than hitman 1 is for hitman 3

Kapten

Avenger
Nov 1, 2017
Who could have seen this coming?

No one. Impossible to know the servers would get DDOSd. Yepp.

Edit; Took out words of frustration at people at IOI.

Last edited:

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I didn't have to buy/download any access pass or whatever on PS4. The levels of Hitman 1 and 2 are already playable without me having to do anything.

edit: I'm an idiot. Only the 'free' levels work without an access pass.

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Also here are the Access Passes on US PSN for those who want them, if you already have HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 Gold you should only need the first two links.

Appreciate this, I should be all set and I didn't have to pay anything.

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
Who could have seen this coming?

No one. Impossible to know the servers would get DDOSd. Yepp.

Dumbfucks at IOI.
Yeah, genuinely don't understand why they didn't launch this a few days in advance. it still probably would've gotten overloaded at launch but people would've had a period of time where they could've carried over their progress

(note: don't approve of the phrasing of calling them dumbfucks, there probably were reasons for not launching the site earlier)

Vic20

Nov 10, 2019
how do you get stuff like the requiem suit in hitman 3, is it tied to the account linking thing?

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
I knew the website and servers would crash the way they were doing this. They should have let people transfer their progress on the website in advance at least. Now they've just released a game no-one will want to play yet because their progress will be overwritten later on if they do

You'd think they'd learn this because like...this is the third time this has happened. HITMAN 2 kinda avoided this if you bought the editions that came with DLC because you could play it early, but for regular folks, launch day just didn't work.

They should have allowed the transfer option to be available at least 24 hours before the launch of the game.

Korosenai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
I only own Hitman 2 base game because I never bought the gold edition on sale, so looks like i'm dropping another $20

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Does the hitman 2 gold access pass contain the expansion pass for hitman 2? Or do I need to snag that one as well?

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
i really dont understand it: i bought the hitman 2 gold edition. and i was able to download all the hitman 1 levels (minus the patient dlc) for free.
so will i be able to transfer only the h2 levels to h3?