• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Dervius

Oct 28, 2017
UK
I have a question that may have been asked several times already, but given that the older levels can be played in the latest release, do achievements carry through? i.e. If I complete Hitman 2 levels in Hitman 3, or Hitman 1 levels in Hitman 2, are there achievements associated with any of them?

I own both Hitman 1 and 2 but have finished neither of them so was going to try to finish them first before eventually getting 3, but if I can just buy 3 and play them all through there and get achievements I'll pull the trigger.

RockmanBN

Visited by Knack - One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Cornfields
5 years on and I still hate the remodeled 47, Absolution's version was absolutely perfect
lol
xrsogzppgbc61.jpg

31GhostsIV

Oct 26, 2017
Anyone in UK had any joy transferring their profile yet? I'm on PS5, own H2 on physical (PS4) and I have all of the Hitman 1 content digital (and transferred to 2), and the season pass for 2.

Whenever I get directed to the profile website I get a blank page?

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Anyone in UK had any joy transferring their profile yet? I'm on PS5, own H2 on physical (PS4) and I have all of the Hitman 1 content digital (and transferred to 2), and the season pass for 2.

Whenever I get directed to the profile website I get a blank page?

The transfer page isn't live yet, will probably be up at around 1pm

Radec

Oct 26, 2017
If I buy the PS4 version in the PS Store, then download it on PS5, it will download the PS5 version right ?

My sister has a PS4 that we share an account and I'll like it for her to play the game too on her PS4.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking of this screen but totally had it in my head there were only 3 or 4 opportunities here. Obviously, I'm totally wrong!
If it helps, you might have been thinking of the "mission over" screen at the end of each hitman 2 map? If you completed the mission as part of the story, it would then pop up a splash screen showing 3 of the main story missions with a "well done on finishing it, to get the full/side story we recommend you finish these three mission stories"

Then you could select one and play the map with those mission hints already turned on.

On achievements - Hitman 3 has a truncated version of hitman 1 and H2's lists. It's not like 2 which had the full set of H1 inside it.
Basically each H1 and H2 location has two achievements inside H3. One for completing the story mission and one for getting to mastery level 20.

H3 achievements list from good old TA

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
Has anyone been able to confirm what happens with trophies when you import prior progress? Do they just all unlock or do they get locked out and broken because you already reached level 20 in the past?

Serein

Mar 7, 2018
I didn't even plan it this way but I have today off and I'm ready to dive back into the World of Assassination. Some Spelunky 2 will fill the next hour me methinks.

Yossarian

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone been able to confirm what happens with trophies when you import prior progress? Do they just all unlock or do they get locked out and broken because you already reached level 20 in the past?

There hasn't been confirmation but the latter would be a ridiculous oversight.

EDIT: There has been confirmation 🤦🏽‍♂️

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
In addition, HITMAN 3 includes trophies/achievements related to accomplishments in HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2. These 'legacy' trophies/achievements can be automatically unlocked in HITMAN 3 once players have carried over their progress. Simply put; if you have met the requirements for the legacy trophies/achievements after carrying over your progress, they will automatically unlock when you start HITMAN 3 for the first time.

I'm wondering if you can double stack trophies on platforms

So you download both the PS4 and PS5 versions, transfer your H2 save and then auto pop them in both

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Not sure where to ask, but tempted to try this game and have a couple of questions:

Does this include the levels from 1 & 2? I'm sure 2 had a way of importing 1s.

Is there any point in the Deluxe edition?

The007JiM

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so confused about previous hitman accesss and how to install everything in Ps5 using the least amount of SSD space.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I think savegames in general are handled very differently between PS4 and PS5, so I would not imagine that will be automatic.
They are done differently, but progress in H3 is saved server side. Theoretically progress should be saved between the versions.

I also assume it works that way or otherwise you lose all your progress when you switch to the PS4 version to play VR

Kyberpunk

Oct 28, 2017
Not sure where to ask, but tempted to try this game and have a couple of questions:

Does this include the levels from 1 & 2? I'm sure 2 had a way of importing 1s.

Is there any point in the Deluxe edition?

Not included with the game, but if you own the previous titles you can import them. All your progression from Hitman 2 (unlocked items, suits, etc) carries over for free, including unlocks from Hitman 1 levels within 2.

To actually play the levels from the previous games, you need the Access Pack for each, they can either be purchased or if you already own the content can be redeemed for free.

Deluxe Edition just has a couple of unique suits and weapons, as well as "Deluxe Escalations" which I don't think we know anything about yet, presumably more detailed than the regular Escalation missions. YMMV.

OP
OP
FliX

FliX

Master of the Reality Stone
Oct 25, 2017
Metro Detroit
They are done differently, but progress in H3 is saved server side. Theoretically progress should be saved between the versions.

I also assume it works that way or otherwise you lose all your progress when you switch to the PS4 version to play VR
Yea, maybe you're right. I probably won't pop into the PS4 version and just use that as an excuse to replay it all in a year or two.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm so confused about previous hitman accesss and how to install everything in Ps5 using the least amount of SSD space.
  • Hitman 1 GOTY Content: You must have downloaded the Legacy pack for Hitman 1 to get this access pack for free in 3.
  • Hitman 2 Content: You will have access to the access pack(s) – see further down – related to the content you own for Hitman 2 currently.

Deleted member 16908

Oct 27, 2017
Well, I preordered it on Epic. Here's hoping the launch goes smoothly. Kinda ridiculous that that's even a concern for a singleplayer game like this but I guess IO is committed to their "always online" approach.

Coolsambob

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Not included with the game, but if you own the previous titles you can import them. All your progression from Hitman 2 (unlocked items, suits, etc) carries over for free, including unlocks from Hitman 1 levels within 2.

To actually play the levels from the previous games, you need the Access Pack for each, they can either be purchased or if you already own the content can be redeemed for free.

Deluxe Edition just has a couple of unique suits and weapons, as well as "Deluxe Escalations" which I don't think we know anything about yet, presumably more detailed than the regular Escalation missions. YMMV.

Thank you, that's really helpful!

I'm pretty sure I got the level packs for 2 via some sort of store glitch so will investigate which console that was on and probably give 2 a go first (assuming I have the game too)

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I preordered it on Epic. Here's hoping the launch goes smoothly. Kinda ridiculous that that's even a concern for a singleplayer game like this but I guess IO is committed to their "always online" approach.

Square-Enix told them to make it an online game and were the reason they had to reset unlocks for the second game, so I guess they feel they have to keep at it. Having it as a platform to carry your content over makes sense, but only in the Epic Game Store sense because you currently cannot go through the entire trilogy as one executable on PC at the moment. In a few weeks this always-online unlocking system will return to being befuddling to encounter.

Porcupine

Oct 27, 2017
Sooo release is in half an hour and the progression site still isn't online?

And do I understand that right that it will wipe my savegame when I import the progress from previous games, so effectively I need to wait until I carried over the progression?

Jamie OD

Oct 27, 2017

And do I understand that right that it will wipe my savegame when I import the progress from previous games, so effectively I need to wait until I carried over the progression?

Sounds like it. I might have to put off playing the game tonight and clean up some minor trophies for 2 just to get rid of any worries I left something behind.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017

It sounds like everything is going live in 20 minutes, including the progression site. At least... I hope so. Played a bunch of the first 2 missions last night and want to go further in but want to pull my progress across before I do

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah, you'll lose what you do in hitman 3 if you don't carry over first. At this point I'm assuming it's going live at the same time the game does.

Jintor

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Got an early copy ('early' lol) and just wrapped Dubai, but given it's half an hour until actual launch I'm just going to wait until tomorrow to import my profile so I can keep my progress etc.

Surprise! It's more Hitman.

Odesu

Oct 26, 2017
Are any of you able to download the "HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass" yet? I can neither find it in the Microsoft store, nor the In-Game-Store in Hitman 2 itself. Is that only supposed to go live when Hitman 3 launched, too? We probably just don't know I'm guessing? :/

(It's what you need to download if you want to play Hitman 2 in Hitman 3. Digital owners can just download it via the store, Disc owners should be able to download it via the Hitman 2 in game store.)

S1kkZ

Oct 27, 2017
11 minutes until the servers crash, because they thought it was a good idea to launch wordlwide at the same time.

i hope i am wrong.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Are any of you able to download the "HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass" yet? I can neither find it in the Microsoft store, nor the In-Game-Store in Hitman 2 itself. Is that only supposed to go live when Hitman 3 launched, too? We probably just don't know I'm guessing? :/
The access packs are going live with the game and should be available through Hitman 3.