• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Yes, that is what I mean. Considering I don't live in the US that has zero bearing on my statement.
no but I'm basically saying you're complaining that this is the one time you don't have the privilege of getting a convenient lock time whereas most players on this forum never get that

I'm not in the US and I get a very convenient 7pm unlock time for most games, I don't get that with H3 but I'm sure not crying about it

you know, because they have a good reason for it

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Yep. You'll be able to play the levels with the improvements of 3. If you want the Hitman 1 levels having already got the game, you'll need to download it and claim + download the Legacy pack from inside of it.

From inside of Hitman 1? I downloaded 1 and 2 and just bought 3 and am downloading now. I have to redeem something inside Hitman 1?

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
So odd. I bought it via the phone app, then next time I was on the console I just went to my library, made sure the PS5 version was selected via the game version menu option, and hit download. Only downloaded one client.
It's definitely odd. I don't even have an option of selecting a version. It's treating the two versions as separate games.

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
Decisions decisions.. garage looks like precision collision.
B7lawHz.gif

POISON A BOTTLE,
NOVIKOV'S STARTING TO WADDLE,
NOT DRESSED LIKE A SNOBBY MODEL,
THE SYRINGE DID THE JOB, OH!

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
From inside of Hitman 1? I downloaded 1 and 2 and just bought 3 and am downloading now. I have to redeem something inside Hitman 1?
Yep – open up Hitman 1 and you should see the option to redeem the Legacy pack. Download that and you'll be set to claim the access pass for Hitman 1 GOTY via Hitman 3. Nothing extra needed for Hitman 2's access pack, just that you own whatever version of Hitman 2 you're trying to get the pack for.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Hey, so how is the HD Enhanced Collection? I never played Blood Money or Absolution, and I imagine the latter is easier to appreciate on its own merits now that we have so much "real Hitman" at our disposal.
I tried absolution again recently and you can see some of the stuff they made work in the new games, but unfortunately the rules of the game make it really hard to play.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
right lol this is ridic

can i dl the legacy pck from 1 install 2 then delete 1 and then transfer the legacy pck from 1 and 2 into 3?
Assuming consoles:
  • You just need to have downloaded the Legacy pack at some point to be able to claim the Hitman 1 GOTY access pass
  • You just need to own Hitman 2 to claim the associated access pass.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
Assuming consoles:
  • You just need to have downloaded the Legacy pack at some point to be able to claim the Hitman 1 GOTY access pass
ugh sorry i tried to edit before you quoted so you didn't hafta try explaining again >_< appreciate it m8 ur so nice lolol

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
Assuming consoles:
My only question is where this alleged Hitman 2 pass is. It's not in the in-game store that I could see. I already grabbed the Legacy Pass for the first game.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
I run out of space so quickly on PS5. I redeemed the Hitman 1 export content and it's downloading so I went ahead and deleted Hitman 1 thinking I shouldn't need it anymore.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
My only question is where this alleged Hitman 2 pass is. It's not in the in-game store that I could see. I already grabbed the Legacy Pass for the first game.
The access passes are new and will presumably go up with the launch of the game. The legacy pass isn't the same as the access pass, it's just what allows you to download it for free on consoles.

swimming

Oct 27, 2017
I run out of space so quickly on PS5. I redeemed the Hitman 1 export content and it's downloading so I went ahead and deleted Hitman 1 thinking I shouldn't need it anymore.
hmmm when i open up view game content on manage storage for ps5 on hitman 1 under all legacy content it says "Shared w Hitman 2" so i was under the impression if you delete 1 it'll delete the legacy stuff tied to it. You still have access thru solely 2?

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
hmmm when i open up view game content on manage storage for ps5 on hitman 1 under all legacy content it says "Shared w Hitman 2" so i was under the impression if you delete 1 it'll delete the legacy stuff tied to it. You still have access thru solely 2?

No idea but all that content is still on my download list. It's something separate from the Hitman 1 game itself for me.

maGs

Oct 27, 2017
I just pre purchased and downloaded Hitman 3 on my PS5 and it says its the PS4 version? I know it was the PS5 version bc I triple checked before I clicked buy. Anyone else have this happen?

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
As I understand it's the license that's important, not what you have installed. You have a Legacy Pack redeemed and downloaded so you own a Legacy pack according the PSN. This will make the Hitman 1 Access Pass free when you launch Hitman 3 tomorrow.

Jerm411

Oct 27, 2017
Clinton, MO
Pre-ordered and loaded on XSX....excited. I've dabbled in the Hitman games before but this will be my first proper deep dive in.

Regret not buying 1&2 when they were in the big XBox sale recently...def. plan on picking up all that content down the road though.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
I just pre purchased and downloaded Hitman 3 on my PS5 and it says its the PS4 version? I know it was the PS5 version bc I triple checked before I clicked buy. Anyone else have this happen?
happened to plenty of people, you get both versions with your purchase and you accidentally downloaded the PS4 version

go through your library/download history and pick out the PS5 version

Dermee

Dec 16, 2017
I decided to move to Xbox from PC as I have a series X, and my PC is older (GTX 1070), and I'll get much better visuals on Xbox.

Weirdest thing. I don't think I've ever bought any Hitman 1 stuff on Xbox as I've always played it on Steam (and I didn't have Games with Gold when season 1 was free).

When I install the free base game for Hitman 2, it also downloads all the Hitman 1 stages, GOTY items, costumes etc. They show up in my inventory and I'm able to play all of the Hitman 1 stages. (So I have all Hitman 1 GotY content and Hawke's Bay in the Hitman 2 client)

I've been trying to download the Hitman 1 client to see if I can get the Legacy Pack key for free to ensure it'll carry over to Hitman 3, but I'm not able to get the Hitman 1 client to download as it is stuck at "Choose Edition."

In the xbox store, all of the Hitman stuff has prices for me, none of it says "owned" or "purchased." It does give me the option to buy the Hitman 1 GOTY legacy key for $10, but the stuff it shows in there I have downloaded and am able to use (Patient Zero campaign).

I'm hoping this will somehow qualify for the Season 1 access pass in Hitman 3, but I'm not holding my breath.

xxracerxx

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You don't need 1 installed to play the content in 2, just have to have downloaded the 30GB legacy pack.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
This popped up in my YouTube recommendations today and it's a fantastic watch:

Loved Philip Rosch's enthusiasm at getting a role in the series after having played it since the PS2 days.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Perhaps, would be interesting to get clarity from people here who have it early to be sure. Certainly jealous of those playing it either way haha.
I'm guessing here but if it's like the previous games, you can still play the missions in offline mode. There just won't be unlocks or challenges to get so no saved progress.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm guessing here but if it's like the previous games, you can still play the missions in offline mode. There just won't be unlocks or challenges to get so no saved progress.
Yeh that would make the most sense. Happy to wait to have everything in sync at least. Not sure I'd be able to resist if I actually had a disc arrive early mind lol.

Deleted member 68874

Account closed at user request
Banned
May 10, 2020
I decided to move to Xbox from PC as I have a series X, and my PC is older (GTX 1070), and I'll get much better visuals on Xbox.

Weirdest thing. I don't think I've ever bought any Hitman 1 stuff on Xbox as I've always played it on Steam (and I didn't have Games with Gold when season 1 was free).

When I install the free base game for Hitman 2, it also downloads all the Hitman 1 stages, GOTY items, costumes etc. They show up in my inventory and I'm able to play all of the Hitman 1 stages. (So I have all Hitman 1 GotY content and Hawke's Bay in the Hitman 2 client)

I've been trying to download the Hitman 1 client to see if I can get the Legacy Pack key for free to ensure it'll carry over to Hitman 3, but I'm not able to get the Hitman 1 client to download as it is stuck at "Choose Edition."

In the xbox store, all of the Hitman stuff has prices for me, none of it says "owned" or "purchased." It does give me the option to buy the Hitman 1 GOTY legacy key for $10, but the stuff it shows in there I have downloaded and am able to use (Patient Zero campaign).

I'm hoping this will somehow qualify for the Season 1 access pass in Hitman 3, but I'm not holding my breath.
Hitman 1 was on Gamepass in 2018, did you play it there? It would explain why there is a price tag now.

Wong Kar Why

Unshakable Resolve
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
aw darn. was expecting to be able to play this at 9pm or midnight tonight (pacific time). looks like i'm playing this first thing in the morning.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
Two trophy-related questions im very curious to get answers on...

Are the PS4 and PS5 trophy lists separate? And if so, does progress transferred between versions have any limitations (one-way transfer only?)

Basically I want to play on PSVR and probably cleanup the trophies on PS5. If progress can be freely swapped and both sets of trophies unlock for synced saves, perfect.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
Two trophy-related questions im very curious to get answers on...

Are the PS4 and PS5 trophy lists separate? And if so, does progress transferred between versions have any limitations (one-way transfer only?)

Basically I want to play on PSVR and probably cleanup the trophies on PS5. If progress can be freely swapped and both sets of trophies unlock for synced saves, perfect.
Trophy lists are separate, no word on save sync or trophy auto pop yet

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
You can play the game now and the servers are up, but you can't carry your progress over from the previous games yet, and it says once you do it'll overwrite the progress you've made in the Hitman 3 levels.

That's pretty silly. As is the always-online single player required for progression. I'm relatively new to the series so these long-standing issues are still fresh to me.

Oct 14, 2019
no but I'm basically saying you're complaining that this is the one time you don't have the privilege of getting a convenient lock time whereas most players on this forum never get that

I'm not in the US and I get a very convenient 7pm unlock time for most games, I don't get that with H3 but I'm sure not crying about it

you know, because they have a good reason for it

Oh, my apologies. I didn't realise stating that I was unhappy about the global unlock time was me crying about it.

I also didn't say anything about their reason or blame the developer or publisher. Nor do I care, because it's not my place to speak. I was simply stating that I thought the global unlock time blew - because, well, it does for me and my circumstances.

You came out swinging for no reason.

petethepanda

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
chicago
So a couple days ago when I caught my PS5 preloading the PS4 version, I noticed it was downloading both the game itself and a handful of separate downloads. Once I cancelled it and switched to the PS5 version, it was just the client, no extra downloads. Am I just missing the area to download the additional packs?

Edit: Nevermind lol, literally two seconds later I found my way to Manage Game Content, containing all the "add-on" downloads that weren't installed (all of which are like ~1mb).