• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
Are people streaming this game yet? I might check out a stream later tonight if anyone has some favorite Hitman streamers

Meatfist

Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm, I dunno if I wanna blow through the story so I don't have to worry about spoilers or take my time exploring each level :/

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I usually play with default settings but I think I'm going to try turning off everything (opportunities, instinct) except for the minimap.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Hmmm, I dunno if I wanna blow through the story so I don't have to worry about spoilers or take my time exploring each level :/

Personally prefer to blow through the story once, and then go back to replay. I did the same on Hitman 2 whereas I went through 1 by 1 in Hitman 1. It's honestly not so much spoilers that bothers me. It's more being able to jump around all the levels once I'm completing it. I don't have to do it in any special order.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Do I need to play the other two to understand this one?
There's meant to be a video giving a summary of the story so far at the start of the game.
Alternatively can just watch the cutscenes from 1&2 on Youtube. They're like 30m a pop.
I just bought all of the games. Do I need to download 1 or 2 at all to get that content in 3?
On console? Just need to download Hitman 1, open it and redeem + download the legacy pack.

Plum

May 31, 2018
Decided to just go ahead and buy this after seeing the reviews. Having all three games in a single SKU seems like it's going to be a blessing and a curse, I think. A blessing because it's convenient, and provides an incredible amount of content for the upcoming months. A curse because, well, the exact same reasons. Having so much content, half of which I haven't played (I only did the tutorial and Miami in 2...) is going to be a difficult thing to sift through. Though I guess part of that anxiety stems from me wanting to be 'in the conversation' for this.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Decided to just go ahead and buy this after seeing the reviews. Having all three games in a single SKU seems like it's going to be a blessing and a curse, I think. A blessing because it's convenient, and provides an incredible amount of content for the upcoming months. A curse because, well, the exact same reasons. Having so much content, half of which I haven't played (I only did the tutorial and Miami in 2...) is going to be a difficult thing to sift through. Though I guess part of that anxiety stems from me wanting to be 'in the conversation' for this.
If you wanted to, could just watch a Youtube video of the cutscenes from Hitman 2 and then start on 3. Then you can go back and do the missions from Hitman 2 afterwards.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
For what it's worth, I just bought the PS5 version on my PS5, and it downloaded only the PS5 version. Didn't have any PS4 downloads occur. But is this because I only bought the PS5 version? Does that not come with the PS4 version, and therefore psvr?

Plum

May 31, 2018
If you wanted to, could just watch a Youtube video of the cutscenes from Hitman 2 and then start on 3. Then you can go back and do the missions from Hitman 2 afterwards.

I might just do that, yeah. Or go through the Hitman 2 levels quickly before going through the 3 ones; mission stories definitely make that a lot easier. Shouldn't take more than a week either way seeing as I've got a lot of free time on my hands lol

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I might just do that, yeah. Or go through the Hitman 2 levels quickly before going through the 3 ones; mission stories definitely make that a lot easier. Shouldn't take more than a week either way seeing as I've got a lot of free time on my hands lol
They're really good levels. I usually go solo without stories/prompts for the first run through and Mumbai was just *chef's kiss*

AniHawk

No Fear, Only Math
Oct 25, 2017
hitman ii was a delightful surprise in 2018. really looking forward to this. it'll be the first game for ps5 that i actually buy for ps5.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm so fucking ready to dive in. I almost considered rebuying a PlayStation camera and double dipping for the PS4 version just so I can play in VR on my PS5 but that's a hell of a lot of hassle.
I'm the same. I moved to XSX (found Hitman 2 Gold cheap) because I'll be returning this PS5 and lord knows if the next one, and don't want to be stuck without it now it's going to have so much content under it. At the same time I'm super tempted to grab it on the PS5 (where I already have Hitman 1 & H2: Gold) as well for the Dualsense and VR missions.

Decisions decisions.. garage looks like precision collision.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017

FWIW, the Hitman 1 cinematics feel so divorced from the missions they follow; you don't have a clear sense of the greater plot until you complete Bangkok. This was bewildering back in the early months as they released, but the story and 47's role in it become much clearer through Hitman 2.

I'm still surprised at how much money Square-Enix must have spent on all those CGI cinematics. They're incredibly high-quality despite being rarely more involved than a couple of characters having a conversation in hushed voices.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
For what it's worth, I just bought the PS5 version on my PS5, and it downloaded only the PS5 version. Didn't have any PS4 downloads occur. But is this because I only bought the PS5 version? Does that not come with the PS4 version, and therefore psvr?

No you're good. Both Gen versions come with the other. If you buy PS5 you get PS4, if you buy PS4 you get PS5.

wastingmyyouth

Alt-Account
Banned
Aug 10, 2020
Just picked up my PS5 copy here in sunny Straya.

Will I be able to actually play the game today, or do I need to wait for IOI servers to be up at midnight?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Who has the game? Did you carry your progress over? The carry over website won't load for me.
The website hasn't been launched officially yet.

Just picked up my PS5 copy here in sunny Straya.

Will I be able to actually play the game today, or do I need to wait for IOI servers to be up at midnight?
Just need to wait for the game to go live:

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Hitman 3 releases in:

Jan 20, 2021 at 8:00 AM

ghostemoji

Oct 27, 2017
My most anticipated game by far. Really glad people are enjoying it.

Also hoping that it won't be too confusing to get Hitman 1 and 2 content in the game. I just installed Hitman 2 on my PS5 in December and forgot how much of a to-do it is to get the OG games levels in there. They really need a more elegant way to get this all together in one package.

Ashdroid

Oct 27, 2017
You can go to https://library.playstation.com/recently-purchased to have it download the PS4 version, if you want.

For me, it did the opposite. I bought the PS5 version, but yesterday the PS4 version automatically downloaded, and then tonight it also downloaded the PS5 version.

Oct 14, 2019
This global unlock time really, really blows. Basically have to wait until close to midnight on the 21st to play here (Singapore).

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
That's odd – people who have the disc version early in this thread can't connect to the server. Figured reviewers would have had accounts whitelisted or something.
Ah, you might be right. There are a bunch of people who have it and are playing on Xbox right now, it doesn't look like they are reviewers, but maybe they are playing the game without connecting to the server.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Ah, you might be right. There are a bunch of people who have it and are playing on Xbox right now, it doesn't look like they are reviewers, but maybe they are playing the game without connecting to the server.
Perhaps, would be interesting to get clarity from people here who have it early to be sure. Certainly jealous of those playing it either way haha.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
You can go to https://library.playstation.com/recently-purchased to have it download the PS4 version, if you want.

For me, it did the opposite. I bought the PS5 version, but yesterday the PS4 version automatically downloaded, and then tonight it also downloaded the PS5 version.
So odd. I bought it via the phone app, then next time I was on the console I just went to my library, made sure the PS5 version was selected via the game version menu option, and hit download. Only downloaded one client.

jordn613

Oct 25, 2017
If I own all the Hitman 2 stuff, is it enhanced somehow after buying 3? I recall feeling overwhelmed and confused by how much content there was, what order to play it all in, etc after buying the base game and dlc package on PS4. I never really touched it but I'm ready to dive in.

SeeingeyeDug

Oct 28, 2017
Never played this game before ever, but bought Hitman 1 and 2 for $12 each on PS5 because of that ability to import the levels into Hitman 3. Should I expect a seamless playthrough of Hitman 1 and 2 using Hitman 3 graphics/features?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
If I own all the Hitman 2 stuff, is it enhanced somehow after buying 3? I recall feeling overwhelmed and confused by how much content there was, what order to play it all in, etc after buying the base game and dlc package on PS4. I never really touched it but I'm ready to dive in.
Never played this game before ever, but bought Hitman 1 and 2 for $12 each on PS5 because of that ability to import the levels into Hitman 3. Should I expect a seamless playthrough of Hitman 1 and 2 using Hitman 3 graphics/features?

Yep. You'll be able to play the levels with the improvements of 3. If you want the Hitman 1 levels having already got the game, you'll need to download it and claim + download the Legacy pack from inside of it.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Hey, so how is the HD Enhanced Collection? I never played Blood Money or Absolution, and I imagine the latter is easier to appreciate on its own merits now that we have so much "real Hitman" at our disposal.