• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Mórríoghain

Nov 2, 2017
Unless the scope has been massively reduced, then its wrong. That certainly wasn't the case in 1 or 2.

Maybe the gameplay loop of beating the level, then trying to hit all the challenges wasn't for them.

PCGamer review says there are only 3 mission stories on most levels. Obviously, Hitman's replayability doesn't come from mission levels only but still a bit disappointing.

"In the other levels there are, surprisingly, only three Mission Stories per map, compared to an average of about ten in the previous two games' levels."

JamboGT

Vehicle Handling Designer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
It's weird that this is 14 hours away from unlocking, never had a game that didn't unlock at midnight before (am in the UK)

Justified

Saw the truth behind the copied door
Oct 25, 2017
Atlanta
It's weird that this is 14 hours away from unlocking, never had a game that didn't unlock at midnight before (am in the UK)

Yea I was wondering about the release date myself, read on their website they are doing a simultaneous worldwide release for support reasons or something like that

Darknight

"I'd buy that for a dollar!"
Oct 25, 2017
There's no way for the PS5 version to see that you own the digital versions of Hitman 1 and 2 without having to download them first, right? I've got a data cap to consider and it's going to suck to have to take the hit of downloading 1 and 2 so it can validate you have it before downloading 1 and 2 for Hitman 3. It would be like downloading both games twice.

Darmik

Oct 25, 2017
PCGamer review says there are only 3 mission stories on most levels. Obviously, Hitman's replayability doesn't come from mission levels only but still a bit disappointing.

"In the other levels there are, surprisingly, only three Mission Stories per map, compared to an average of about ten in the previous two games' levels."

I haven't played the game so I'm not saying this is what happened but I seem to recall in Hitman 2 you'd get Mission Stories that they'd recommend you to complete before moving onto the next mission (and this was around three) but there were more Mission Stories under the Challenges tabs that you could follow.

Maybe that's what has happened here. There's also Opportunities which are pretty similar to Mission Stories as well.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017

Its more like 6 in the old ones, but fair enough yeah.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
There's no way for the PS5 version to see that you own the digital versions of Hitman 1 and 2 without having to download them first, right? I've got a data cap to consider and it's going to suck to have to take the hit of downloading 1 and 2 so it can validate you have it before downloading 1 and 2 for Hitman 3. It would be like downloading both games twice.
If you own 2 then you're good for that. It's just whether you remember having downloaded the Legacy pack for 1 before.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
If you own 2 then you're good for that. It's just whether you remember having downloaded the Legacy pack for 1 before.

Wait, are you saying if I own 2 digitally, I don't have to download it ahead of time? Hitman 3 will be able to check online that I own it?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Wait, are you saying if I own 2 digitally, I don't have to download it ahead of time? Hitman 3 will be able to check online that I own it?
The guide says you just need to own it for Hitman 2 (quoted for Gold but you can check the others here).
– Consoles: If you own a digital copy of HITMAN 2 Gold Edition, you will be able to download this Access Pass for no additional cost. The price for this Access Pass will be listed as 'free' when you look for it in the store.

It's the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack that mentions having downloaded it before.

toastybanana

Oct 27, 2017
I wish I knew about the PS5 version coming with a PS4 code beforehand. Stuck on PS5 right now with the PS4 disc and no PS5 upgrade in sight yet on the dash. Forgot about PSVR and it needing the dualshock 4 too so no VR shenanigans either. I left mine elsewhere as I use it with my phone.

Dantendo

Oct 27, 2017
South Australia
Question. My brother picked up the PS5 version and doesn't have VR so he gave me the code for the digital PS4 version that was included so I could try it out.

Can this now be upgraded to the PS5 version? Did I just get the PS5 version for free?

Robin

Restless Insomniac
Oct 25, 2017
hosed.png

This....is not looking good, is it?

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
The guide says you just need to own it for Hitman 2 (quoted for Gold but you can check the others here).

It's the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack that mentions having downloaded it before.

Oh wow, I thought I would have to download Hitman 2 first but that's nice that I don't have to. With regards to Hitman 1, I bought the GOTY Edition and that shows as purchased in the PS Store. The GOTY Upgrade and the Intro Pack also both show up as purchased. However when it comes to the Legacy Pack, it shows the Upgrade as unavailable and the Legacy Pack as $19.99. Is there something wrong where it's telling me I have to purchase the Legacy Pack even though I bought Hitman GOTY Edition?

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017

This is a weird quote. There has never been anywhere near 10 mission stories per mission. More like 5 or 6

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Oh wow, I thought I would have to download Hitman 2 first but that's nice that I don't have to. With regards to Hitman 1, I bought the GOTY Edition and that shows as purchased in the PS Store. The GOTY Upgrade and the Intro Pack also both show up as purchased. However when it comes to the Legacy Pack, it shows the Upgrade as unavailable and the Legacy Pack as $19.99. Is there something wrong where it's telling me I have to purchase the Legacy Pack even though I bought Hitman GOTY Edition?
You have to download Hitman 1 and redeem and download the Legacy pack from inside of it:
www.ioi.dk

HITMAN Legacy Pack FAQ - IO Interactive

Welcome to the Legacy Pack FAQ. It includes all the information you need to know such as what's included and how to play it.

Darknight

Oct 25, 2017
You have to download Hitman 1 and redeem and download the Legacy pack from inside of it:
www.ioi.dk

HITMAN Legacy Pack FAQ - IO Interactive

Welcome to the Legacy Pack FAQ. It includes all the information you need to know such as what's included and how to play it.

Ah, got it now. Awesome, and thanks a lot for the help!

Edit: Actually, one last question. Does this mean I'm downloading Hitman, then the legacy pack, then the Hitman 3 versions of Hitman 1 levels? So like 3 times?

mogster7777

Oct 27, 2017
I bought this just so I have it for access on ps5 dunno when I'll get round to it does standard edition come with the other games?

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Question, do I need to buy the Legacy Pack of Hitman 1 to be able to play the levels in Hitman 3?

underFlorence

May 19, 2019
Germany
I actually haven't even played all the Hitman 2016 levels yet - only Paris and Marrakesh initially, when they were free. I've recently been replaying all of the Hitman 2016 levels in Hitman 2, and haven't gotten done yet, so I'll have enough to keep me busy on the EGS version until they get the Steam purchase import done.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I got the version of Hitman 1 that came with PS Plus, but when I go to play them in Hitman 2 it says I need the Legacy Pack.
You need to download Hitman 1 and redeem (and download) the Legacy pack from inside it:
www.resetera.com

HITMAN 3 - Pre-launch Guide [Getting Hitman 1&2 levels into 3]

As Hitman 3 is allowing you to play the levels from the first two games if you have them, there's a lot of information on how you get what that can be a little confusing. Io have released a guide around what gets you what when it comes to Hitman 3, as well as going into details on progression...

AngryPuppy

Oct 27, 2017
Huh, it's midnight in the UK but the game doesn't unlock on PS5 for another 13 hours, don't think I've ever seen that before.

PhazonBlazer

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
You need to download Hitman 1 and redeem (and download) the Legacy pack from inside it:
www.resetera.com

HITMAN 3 - Pre-launch Guide [Getting Hitman 1&2 levels into 3]

As Hitman 3 is allowing you to play the levels from the first two games if you have them, there's a lot of information on how you get what that can be a little confusing. Io have released a guide around what gets you what when it comes to Hitman 3, as well as going into details on progression...
Oh, just found it. Thanks!

JigglesBunny

Prophet of Truth
Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Chicago
I'm so fucking ready to dive in. I almost considered rebuying a PlayStation camera and double dipping for the PS4 version just so I can play in VR on my PS5 but that's a hell of a lot of hassle.

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017

Some of the mission stories in the first two were really basic. I've heard these ones are a lot meatier, particularly one in Dartmoor.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
I saw some questions about hitman 1 and 2 achievements in 3...it seems that they have some, but not the full set from the base games.

Each hitman 1/2 map now has two achievements in 3. Complete the mission and reach mastery level 20!

I guess it would have been crazy if they tried to build the full achievement list from 1 and 2 in 3, as well as a full games worth of achievements in the 3 maps.

This will help me a bit in the achievement challenge this month :)

Edit - TA link for reference.

www.trueachievements.com

HITMAN World of Assassination Achievements

Here is the full list of all 83 HITMAN World of Assassination achievements worth 1,540 gamerscore.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Along with the new mission stories being more involved, I assume some stuff that might have been mission stories before has also been moved into challenges. Just so you need to figure it out naturally rather than guided.

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Fyi ioi's own website says you need to use a webpage, with an ioi account, to transfer progress. They also describe it as a one time transition as well, so progress won't since between hitman 2 and hitman 2 levels in hitman 3

I've not seen/heard of the actual web page being up yet though.

Yep, the webpage is one of the first things you're notified about when the game boots, but the page isn't live yet.