• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
I so wish that this was unlocking at midnight! What is this 1pm nonsense.

Deleted member 49482

User requested account closure
Banned
Nov 8, 2018
For those who have played Hitman 1 and 2, I'd appreciate your opinions on this:

I picked up Hitman 1 and 2 and plan to play through them, then 3, all using the H3 "launcher" on PS5. I'm not usually one to play more than one game at a time, but I'm not sure that I want to put everything else in my backlog on hold while I play H1 through H3.

Is this Hitman series a good one for popping in and out, completing a mission here and there, while I'm also playing through some story-driven games like Miles Morales and FF7 Remake? I've heard people say this Hitman series is almost more of a puzzle game and that the story is fairly light, which makes me think it is a good candidate to play sporadically while also dedicating some of my gaming time to a second game.

I guess my alternative would be playing through Hitman 1, putting down the series for a while as I play through other games, eventually return to Hitman 2, then put down the series for another long length of time, before finally returning to play Hitman 3. I feel like I would get burned out of I tried to play H1-H3 straight through.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017

I picked up Hitman 1 and 2 and plan to play through them, then 3, all using the H3 "launcher" on PS5. I'm not usually one to play more than one game at a time, but I'm not sure that I want to put everything else in my backlog on hold while I play H1 through H3.

Is this Hitman series a good one for popping in and out, completing a mission here and there, while I'm also playing through some story-driven games like Miles Morales and FF7 Remake? I've heard people say this Hitman series is almost more of a puzzle game and that the story is fairly light, which makes me think it is a good candidate to play sporadically while also dedicating some of my gaming time to a second game.

I guess my alternative would be playing through Hitman 1, putting down the series for a while as I play through other games, eventually return to Hitman 2, then put down the series for another long length of time, before finally returning to play Hitman 3. I feel like I would get burned out of I tried to play H1-H3 straight through.

I believe that these games were designed to be dipped in and out of. That was that seasonal model for the first game which I actually enjoyed coming back to every few months. The levels are incredibly dense and you will spend hours exploring and finding different ways to accompish your goals. It's a great came to revisit over and over again.

Edit: I have at least 5 hours play time per level. I revist these games all the time and love them.

Virtua Saturn

Oct 27, 2017
It seems like IOI is sorting out the mess with Hitman 1 and 2 carrying over on PC. I am really tempting to make this my first EGS purchase and dive in.

Sorry for the double post, just thinking a lot about Hitman..

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Oh you know, allowing their team to be in the office when the game releases so that they work normal hours. IO is doing the absolute right thing here.

Tbf, 99% of games don't have a global launch time, they launch at midnight whatever your local time is. So the first region would typical be live at midnight NZ time, which means they'd be in the office at a normal time anyway (midday Denmark time) for the launch time.

Its just weird to see a global, everyone at the same time, launch time on console.

I'm not throwing my system out of the window in anger or anything. I just want to play it now (well, in two hours) like every other game rather than waiting till after work tomorrow!

NickMitch

Nov 1, 2017

Playing through a single mission the first time can take from 30-120 minutes depending on if you use opportunities or not. But when you get a sense of the games systems and unlock more stuff times go down a lot. So YES it is a very good on and off game. Just booting up a map to complete some feats or assassinations is a breeze. Savescumming is an option aswell, if you lend yourself to it.

Playing the three games from start to finish takes a bit more time yes, but not more than 10-16 hours i would predict.

Deleted member 46804

Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Tbf, 99% of games don't have a global launch time, they launch at midnight whatever your local time is. So the first region would typical be live at midnight NZ time, which means they'd be in the office at a normal time anyway (midday Denmark time) for the launch time.

Its just weird to see a global, everyone at the same time, launch time on console.

I'm not throwing my system out of the window in anger or anything. I just want to play it now (well, in two hours) like every other game rather than waiting till after work tomorrow!
My point was that other companies are putting the customer before their employees. With a service game like this there is a high likelihood of issues so it is nice for a change to see a developer not asking their employees to work weird hours and instead timing the launch with their normal workday.

Edit:
To add on, a place like NZ won't hit their servers as much as the US or Europe. This release time is probably a good compromise for them.

snausages

Feb 12, 2018
So when can the Epic download begin?

I have very slow internet so I was hoping to do it overnight, if it's the case that I have to download it at 11am GMT tomorrow or something like that then I'm definitely not going to get to play it on release.

Roytheone

Oct 25, 2017
So when can the Epic download begin?

I have very slow internet so I was hoping to do it overnight, if it's the case that I have to download it at 11am GMT tomorrow or something like that then I'm definitely not going to get to play it on release.
At release, there is no preload for the epic version.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
So uh, based on historical performance, do we think there will be server hiccups interrupting play on launch day?

Deleted member 52065

Jan 16, 2019
Will Xbox support mouse and keyboard for this game? Im debating between getting this for PC or my series X.

Octopop

Oct 27, 2017
I've received a physical PS4 copy today that is installed and patched on my PS5. How do I access the PS5 upgrade?

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Any streamers get early access to the game today? Or is everyone going in all at once?

JohnnyToonami

Dec 16, 2018
Earth
Is the transfer site going to be open today or tomorrow? Odd it's not up yet when you know full well people will play 3 then overwrite that progress when they transfer it over.

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Game is bought on PC, now to feel the wrath of the shitastic epic store and the lack of preload

Smokey

Oct 25, 2017
Well in the absence of any concrete answer, I've deleted the unopened Game Pass Quantum Break to make way for the H3 pre-order whilst leaving H2+1 installed in case they need to be on there for level import.

I deleted H1 after installing the Legacy Pack within H2. That should be enough, or I'd like to think it is.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I deleted H1 after installing the Legacy Pack within H2. That should be enough, or I'd like to think it is.

Once you redeem the Legacy Pack within 1, you should be fine to delete 1, yeah. Even if you don't install it within 2, it should be enough as 3 is going off whether you own the Legacy Pack when it determines if you should get the 1 Access Pack for free.

Rzarekta

Banned
Nov 27, 2017
I haven't played Hitman since the new trilogy started, but I'm itching to get Hitman 3 for PS5 now. Bad idea to skip the first two? Not asking if they are good games, I know they are, but I'm either going to play just Hitman 3 or none of them at all (too many other games to play). Any suggestions?

Lemony1984

Jul 7, 2020
I haven't played Hitman since the new trilogy started, but I'm itching to get Hitman 3 for PS5 now. Bad idea to skip the first two? Not asking if they are good games, I know they are, but I'm either going to play just Hitman 3 or none of them at all (too many other games to play). Any suggestions?
You can start with 3. It's easy to import the levels from 1 and 2 into 3 if you want to go back later.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

The few reviews I've read make me think they focus more on the plot in this one in a way that it may be a bit weird to jump in here - but that's without me having played any myself yet, obviously. That being said, it should be fine enough, and worst case if you think you need to go back, you can always play the prior games' levels/stories within 3 as Lemony said.

Pariah

Oct 29, 2017
Not necessarily. Yes, you won't have access to the whole picture of the story or the larger set of content (hundreds of potential hours, in fact); on the other hand, it's better to experience a piece of it than none at all. So go for the last entry if that's what you feel doing, and in time, you can enjoy the others through the same launcher.

Deleted member 49482

Banned
Nov 8, 2018
I believe that these games were designed to be dipped in and out of. That was that seasonal model for the first game which I actually enjoyed coming back to every few months. The levels are incredibly dense and you will spend hours exploring and finding different ways to accompish your goals. It's a great came to revisit over and over again.

Edit: I have at least 5 hours play time per level. I revist these games all the time and love them.
Playing through a single mission the first time can take from 30-120 minutes depending on if you use opportunities or not. But when you get a sense of the games systems and unlock more stuff times go down a lot. So YES it is a very good on and off game. Just booting up a map to complete some feats or assassinations is a breeze. Savescumming is an option aswell, if you lend yourself to it.

Playing the three games from start to finish takes a bit more time yes, but not more than 10-16 hours i would predict.
Thank you for the opinions/feedback! It's a little overwhelming having three games worth of missions all dumped into my lap and accessible via Hitman 3, so I'm glad you gave me this reinforcement about the game. It also entirely slipped my mind that the games were originally built around that seasonal model.

I'm eager to jump in and get my first taste of this Hitman series, but I also have so much else in my backlog! But since it seems to be such a good game to dip into and out of, I can actually see myself playing through all the missions (over and over again) and different challenges (escalations, etc) all through 2021 while simultaneously making my way through the rest of my backlog.

Last edited:

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
In my view the story is the least important thing mainly serving as a reason to go to a new location or create a villain for you to kill- there are little stories running through each level but I feel you can play the levels in any sequence and experience what makes Hitman so great.
Playing a game when everyone else is telling about it is always nice and if it turns out you really love it; then 2 whole games of other incredible content can be bought as DLC.

arrado

Jan 1, 2020
For me the trilogy is mostly a platform for 20 individual maps which you can play in any order you want.
There is an overall story yeah, but it's not that important honestly imo.
You can perfectly start with H3 yeah. Personally I'd still recommend to just start with H1 or 2, just for the fact that they are way cheaper atm, so I don't see why you'd buy the most expensive pack first. At the end of the day the 3 games are all 'more of the same'. (which is not a bad thing at all)

Winstano

Editor-in-chief at nextgenbase.com
Verified
Oct 28, 2017
Got our copy a bit too late to hit embargo, but played through Dubai for the first time. God almighty I love Hitman.

The import feature doesn't seem to be working on PS5 right now, but it looks like it'll import your progress "from the same console family", so hopefully even if you've just played the games previously it'll pull through.

Can't wait to go through Paris with VR!

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the opinions/feedback! It's a little overwhelming having three games worth of missions all dumped into my lap and accessible via Hitman 3, so I'm glad you gave me this reinforcement about the game. It also entirely slipped my mind that the games were originally built around that seasonal model.

I'm eager to jump in and get my first taste of this Hitman series, but I also have so much else in my backlog! But since it seems to be such a good game to dip into and out of, I can actually see myself playing through all the missions (over and over again) and different challenges (escalations, etc) all through 2021 while simultaneously making my way through the ready of my backlog.
Yeah I'd dip in and out as you see fit. All the campaign missions and cinematics are selecyeable and playable so in theory you can see most of the story without ever playing a mission (youd miss a lot of incidental stuff).

I started hitman 1 wanting to 100 percent each level but after awhile I got burn out and dropped the game. This time I've just played a few levels to get back into the story and universe and really loved that....now I'm itching to go in a bit more to do more in each map.

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Got our copy a bit too late to hit embargo, but played through Dubai for the first time. God almighty I love Hitman.

The import feature doesn't seem to be working on PS5 right now, but it looks like it'll import your progress "from the same console family", so hopefully even if you've just played the games previously it'll pull through.

Can't wait to go through Paris with VR!
Fyi ioi's own website says you need to use a webpage, with an ioi account, to transfer progress. They also describe it as a one time transition as well, so progress won't since between hitman 2 and hitman 2 levels in hitman 3

I've not seen/heard of the actual web page being up yet though.

Foffy

Oct 25, 2017
Does the Epic Game Store do automatic downloads, or do we have to go to the page when it's live and start the download?

His Majesty

Oct 25, 2017
Belgium
So do people usually attain mastery of a level before moving on or will you first complete the campaign and then switch between levels? I loved the episodic format of Hitman 1 where you had 1-2 months to master a level before moving on.

Lakitu

Dec 8, 2017
I saw a review that said you can basically see everything there is to do in a level after 2 tries. Surely that's bullshit?

Tounsi_Tag

Oct 29, 2017
Can't wait to get this. Will probably take a few days for this to be mailed but I'm super excited.
One thing is that I played both previous games a while after their release but I never looked back at them. I don't know why exactly but I enjoy the moment-to-moment gameplay during the campaigns but I'm not incentivized to look back at them. I hope that the ongoing discussion with the new one will push me to invest more in the game.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
I saw a review that said you can basically see everything there is to do in a level after 2 tries. Surely that's bullshit?
Lol. I've put hundreds of hours in Hitman 1 and 2 and I just saw today I hadn't even done all the mission stories on all the levels yet. There are still tons of challenges I have to complete as well.

Yes, it's bullshit.

I mean, if you want to run and gun and just take out your target with an AK so you can move on to the next level you can literally play through the whole thing within an hour, sure. But that's not how one plays Hitman. That's not where the fun is in these games. If you really want to see everything a level has to offer I'd say that's at least 20-30 runs of a single level. Assuming you know where everything is located and hidden etc.

Ryo Hazuki

Oct 25, 2017
Played a few hours so far and loving it. Feels really polished and looks great on PS5. Excited to play some of the later levels.

King_Moc

Oct 25, 2017

Unless the scope has been massively reduced, then its wrong. That certainly wasn't the case in 1 or 2.

Maybe the gameplay loop of beating the level, then trying to hit all the challenges wasn't for them.

AuthenticM

Son Altesse Sérénissime
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
For those who have preloaded the game on ps5, can you redeem the legacy levels at the same time? I already have Hitman 2 installed, alongside all its DLC.