• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
sigh. owning both 1 and 2 on steam im kinda upset about having to get them again on EGS. but i guess ill do it.
Not sure what you've read recently but the access pack for Hitman 1 GOTY will be free for the first 10 days from the launch of Hitman 3. They're also working toward a way for people who own Hitman 2 on Steam to get the Hitman 2 access pack for free in the coming weeks.

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
Not sure what you've read recently but the access pack for Hitman 1 GOTY will be free for the first 10 days from the launch of Hitman 3. They're also working toward a way for people who own Hitman 2 on Steam to get the Hitman 2 access pack for free in the coming weeks.

TY. thats good news. in EGS im only missing 2. i managed to get H1 when it went free.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
This is weird. I just launched Hitman 1 to get the free Legacy Pack. It says free right on the menu, but when I open it I get transferred to the Xbox Store and I need to pay 39,99€. Like what?

Phendrana

Oct 26, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
I'm sure this thread has been inundated with these questions, but...I'm lost with this whole upgrade process.

I've never touched this series before, but I do have Hitman: The Complete First Season from when it was free with PS+. Will that be enough to unlock the relevant content in Hitman 3, or do Plus freebies not count?

Also, are there any benefits/enhancements when playing these old levels within Hitman 3, or is it more just a convenient way to access everything?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I'm sure this thread has been inundated with these questions, but...I'm lost with this whole upgrade process.

I've never touched this series before, but I do have Hitman: The Complete First Season from when it was free with PS+. Will that be enough to unlock the relevant content in Hitman 3, or do Plus freebies not count?

Also, are there any benefits/enhancements when playing these old levels within Hitman 3, or is it more just a convenient way to access everything?
Download 1 and download the legacy pack from inside it. That will get you the Hitman 1 GOTY access pack inside Hitman 3. General guide here.
Old levels are all done up with the new graphical improvements that come with Hitman 3.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
So if I've never played any of these and all I own is the version of Hitman 1 that was given away for free on EGS, what's the best thing to do? Buy everything on EGS tomorrow and play it all in Hitman 3?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
So if I've never played any of these and all I own is the version of Hitman 1 that was given away for free on EGS, what's the best thing to do? Buy everything on EGS tomorrow and play it all in Hitman 3?
Assuming you're on PC then you would just buy Hitman 3, claim the free Hitman 1 GOTY access pack and purchase the Hitman 2 access pack if you wanted it.

PlayBee

One Winged Slayer
Nov 8, 2017
Assuming you're on PC then you would just buy Hitman 3, claim the free Hitman 1 GOTY access pack and purchase the Hitman 2 access pack if you wanted it.
And playing the Hitman 1 and 2 levels in 3 would be equivalent to experiencing the story in those games? Plus the additional features from the newer game

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
To the folks who've now managed to play the full trilogy, how would you say the trilogy stacks up against Blood Money?

Imo it blew that game out the water with the first one in 2016 but I'd be interested to see what other folks think
Blood Money feels archaic to go back to but you see the birth of the modern trilogy's sandbox there. The current trilogy is the idea of the sandbox from Blood Money pumped up 1000% mixed with the controls and mechanics of Absolution. Absolution is just as important to the modern trilogy as Blood Money IMO.

Xater

Oct 26, 2017
Germany
Ok, I figured it out. I also need the free Hitman 2 starter Pack on my account for this to work. They really needed to make this more clear.

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
Blood Money feels archaic to go back to but you see the birth of the modern trilogy's sandbox there. The current trilogy is the idea of the sandbox from Blood Money pumped up 1000% mixed with the controls and mechanics of Absolution. Absolution is just as important to the modern trilogy as Blood Money IMO.
Haven't played 3 yet, but the reviews sound like some of these level are finally embracing some of those Blood Money formula-twisting unique level concepts

Cleve

Oct 27, 2017
One fantastic thing is the levels are tiny, tiny downloads (just keys it seems) in Hitman 3. The base game is 60 gigs on my PS5 preload, and the various levels and deluxe items (costumes, weapons, etc) are just 1-10 meg downloads. I'm pretty sure the base game also includes all the Hitman 1 & 2 levels, probably just will have to download an additional 1 meg pack to key them.

Has anyone heard anything about a website where you save/track progress though? My understanding was that you'd have to login to something to do that, to pick which platform is your "import" choice or whatever. I haven't seen anything about it yet though.

This is a huge relief, as I'll have the ps4 and 5 versions installed. If I remember correctly, HM2 with the HM1 levels added on was enormous.

deepFlaw

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if it's worth me making a flowchart or something to help with the import stuff? The guide and Kyuji's thread have the information and I'm glad she made it to help, but it's definitely a lot to take in and the process is probably simpler than people expect. That kind of visual design isn't really my strong suit but if nobody else has made anything (that one diagram is not going to help people), I'll throw something together and hope it helps.

And playing the Hitman 1 and 2 levels in 3 would be equivalent to experiencing the story in those games? Plus the additional features from the newer game

Yup. The only difference I can think of (that's not adding new features to older levels) is that IIRC some of the mastery unlocks from 1's levels were slightly changed around, and that's about it.

Ok, I figured it out. I also need the free Hitman 2 starter Pack on my account for this to work. They really needed to make this more clear.

They do say that's required for the XBox version in the FAQ, fwiw.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
Is there any kind of Hitman 1+2 story recap I can watch (either a proper one in game or just a youtube video or something?)

I think I need a quick refresh on 1 and 2.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any kind of Hitman 1+2 story recap I can watch (either a proper one in game or just a youtube video or something?)

I don't know if there's a recap, but in the worst case you should be able to easily view the cutscenes in-game if you want to refresh yourself on specific parts of the plot?

Someone else may have a YouTube video to recommend, though.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Man.,, I sure have "appreciated" the hell out of H1 and H2 but I don't know if I was ever like "holy shit this is my jam!!!"
And yet I find myself wanting this and I cannot separate how much of that is "new game" vs. "next gen new game!" vs. "I like Hitman?"

Has any review spoken up about how next gen it feels in what ways and/ or a superior console between Series X and PS5?

Deleted member 46804

User requested account closure
Banned
Aug 17, 2018
Man.,, I sure have "appreciated" the hell out of H1 and H2 but I don't know if I was ever like "holy shit this is my jam!!!"
And yet I find myself wanting this and I cannot separate how much of that is "new game" vs. "next gen new game!" vs. "I like Hitman?"

Has any review spoken up about how next gen it feels in what ways and/ or a superior console between Series X and PS5?
Series X has a higher resolution and PS5 has adaptive triggers. The game appears to look great visually but nothing stunning compared to last gen.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

I believe I read in one of the previews or reviews that there is a story recap at the start of Hitman 3.
There are cutscene-only videos on Youtube though if you want the full run through.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
Spent about an hour in Miami doing the Spring Breaker challenges this morning, that Blue Flamingo suit is tight.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
I believe I read in one of the previews or reviews that there is a story recap at the start of Hitman 3.
There are cutscene-only videos on Youtube though if you want the full run through.
I don't know if there's a recap, but in the worst case you should be able to easily view the cutscenes in-game if you want to refresh yourself on specific parts of the plot?

Someone else may have a YouTube video to recommend, though.

Good call on the cutscene compilations - looks like there's only about a half hour worth of cutscenes per game. I'll just rewatch over lunch.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Thanks, this is very helpful.

So when Hitman 2 unlocks in Hitman 3 (automatically and for free, in a couple weeks?) I'll be able to progress "in Hitman 2" the same as if I played Hitman 2 stuff now, and will have then access to that unlocked-Hitman-2 stuff in Hitman 3? Like, is there anything that is getting left behind in terms of accessible/unlockable content in the move from Hitman2.exe to Hitman3.exe?

Yes, once your Hitman 2 content unlocks, you'll be able to carry on progressing as if you had carried on playing Hitman 2.

One gadget is being retired. The ISA Electrocution Phone. Everything else will carry forward into Hitman3.exe.

deepFlaw

Oct 25, 2017
Yes, once your Hitman 2 content unlocks, you'll be able to carry on progressing as if you had carried on playing Hitman 2.

One gadget is being retired. The ISA Electrocution Phone. Everything else will carry forward into Hitman3.exe.

Right, the phone's removed. It's a mastery unlock from one of 2's DLC levels, specifically.

I'm kinda sad I never really got to use it since I waited a long time for the DLC to be on sale, but it really was very overpowered. They probably could have messed with it to make it less good, just invalidated SA or something, but I can see why they opted to just remove it... especially as if they went that route I bet you'd have people using it without checking the details, and then being confused/annoyed after.

Sylvestre

Banned
Mar 20, 2020
So I can't seem to find the info anywhere

What additional gameplay features will be brought in retroactively in Hitman 1 and 2 when playing them from within Hitman 3 ?

Thanks

Apr 1, 2020
Quebec, Canada
For your situation individually:

If you buy on EGS at launch, you will get the Hitman 1 Access Pass for Free, and you will eventually get Hitman 2 through the system IOI and Epic are putting together.
If you buy on EGS after 10 days from launch, you will eventually get Hitman 2 through the system IOI and Epic are putting together, but you will have to buy the Hitman 1 Access Pass.
If you buy on PS5, you won't be able to get any of the content from either as you don't own Hitman 2 on the Playstation Platform.

Your best option is to buy at launch on the Epic Store.
Thank you all for the help. I decided getting hitman 2 on ps4 with the discount and pre-ordered 3 on PS5. Playing on pc is ideal vut I have a new puppy at home so gaming in the living room is more practical. This way I can keep an eye on her.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
Thank you all for the help. I decided getting hitman 2 on ps4 with the discount and pre-ordered 3 on PS5. Playing on pc is ideal vut I have a new puppy at home so gaming in the living room is more practical. This way I can keep an eye on her.

Nice!

FYI, you need to install Hitman 1 and in game redeem the legacy pack so you can play that content, if you have not done so already. Note that you do not need to buy the GOTY upgrade. Hitman 3 is upgrading everyone's Hitman 1 maps to the GOTY content within Hitman 3. As long as you have any H1 Legacy pack redeemed, you'll get all the content from GOTY. Once you do this, when you launch Hitman 3 tomorrow, the Hitman 1 Access Pack will be listed as Free.

And as I understand it, just having bought Hitman 2 digitally will mean that the Hitman 2 Access Pack will also show as Free when you go to the In Game Store in Hitman 3 tomorrow.

Once you have Hitman 3 installed and can access Hitman 1 and 2 content, you can safely uninstall everything other than Hitman 3 and get on your way :)

www.ioi.dk

HITMAN 3 - Player Guide - IO Interactive

Everything you need to know about HITMAN 3, including how to carryover your locations and progression from HITMAN 2.

JasoNsider

Developer
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Really looking forward to seeing how the DualSense trigger and haptic feedback feels. The fact that each gun is getting its own trigger and feedback is pretty exciting!

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
This is weird. I just launched Hitman 1 to get the free Legacy Pack. It says free right on the menu, but when I open it I get transferred to the Xbox Store and I need to pay 39,99€. Like what?
Technically you need to own the full version of Hitman 2 for that to work according to their FAQ.

Haikira

Dec 22, 2017
Northern Ireland
Sorry to be another one asking about transfer/legacy stuff.

Is the 70gb size quoted for Hitman 3 plus all legacy chapters, or is it for Hitman 3 on its own before installing any legacy chapters?

Planning to buy on PS5, but with my storage being the way it is, I'm curious. I really hope it's the former :fingers-crossed:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry to be another one asking about transfer/legacy stuff.

Is the 70gb size quoted for Hitman 3 the game plus all legacy chapters, or is it for Hitman 3 on its own before installing any legacy chapters?

Planning to get it on PS5, but with storage size being the way it is, I'm curious to know. I really hope it's the former :fingers-crossed:
70GB total. The legacy content is baked in and unlocked via dlc key.

Deleted member 18179

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 27, 2017

Gonna do my best

HM 1
  1. HM works for ICA- International Cool Assassins. His handler's name is Diana. He goes around killing people for ICA
  2. Eventually it turns out this dude named the Shadow Client is like fuckin' up big names in the ICA world, so Shadow Client becomes your target
  3. Kill kill kill. It turns out that Shadow Client KNOWS Agent 47! And that the ICA is maybe compromised by a shadowy org called Providence that secretly controls the world.
HM2
  1. You're still after the Shadow Client. Turns out that Agent 47 was trained/grown/altered at some facility in Romania. ICA rescued him and made him a killer. Diana personally chose to work with him
  2. It turns out the Shadow Client is this guy named Grey. He and 47 were best friends at the Romanian training orphanage thing. He reveals that Providence/ICA is...... I forget. They're the bad guys now! Grey & 47 decide to go after Providence together and they start with a guy named The Constant.
  3. You have to get this dude named The Constant on your side. He's like the head of Providence? Or the head of like... organizing the world wide conspiracy?
  4. The Constant reveals to Diana that it was A47 who killed her parents. He was just a child.
  5. At the end uhhhh. You and Grey and Constant and Diana are all on the same team.
  6. It's implied that HM3 is about taking down Providence. And ICA? I forget.
Its all kind of a messy spy thing. You're not missing much, but the Diana/47 relationship is nice.

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
No real dualsense impressions are a bummer. And I heard from Eurogamer that the VR uses the controller gyro, so the regular game damn well better do so!

YaBish

Unshakable Resolve - One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Gonna do my best

HM 1
  1. HM works for ICA- International Cool Assassins. His handler's name is Diana. He goes around killing people for ICA
  2. Eventually it turns out this dude named the Shadow Client is like fuckin' up big names in the ICA world, so Shadow Client becomes your target
  3. Kill kill kill. It turns out that Shadow Client KNOWS Agent 47! And that the ICA is maybe compromised by a shadowy org called Providence that secretly controls the world.
HM2
  1. You're still after the Shadow Client. Turns out that Agent 47 was trained/grown/altered at some facility in Romania. ICA rescued him and made him a killer. Diana personally chose to work with him
  2. It turns out the Shadow Client is this guy named Grey. He and 47 were best friends at the Romanian training orphanage thing. He reveals that Providence/ICA is...... I forget. They're the bad guys now! Grey & 47 decide to go after Providence together and they start with a guy named The Constant.
  3. You have to get this dude named The Constant on your side. He's like the head of Providence? Or the head of like... organizing the world wide conspiracy?
  4. The Constant reveals to Diana that it was A47 who killed her parents. He was just a child.
  5. At the end uhhhh. You and Grey and Constant and Diana are all on the same team.
  6. It's implied that HM3 is about taking down Providence. And ICA? I forget.
Its all kind of a messy spy thing. You're not missing much, but the Diana/47 relationship is nice.
IIRC at the end of the H2 DLC doesn't
The Constant betray you and escape?

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to once again step into the world of assassination and execute my perfectly thought out professional plans like a professional.

1D83D316A6303C558BD81008B29F7219FD161A65

199DE4386E8B8630C4E8B6571233206866ED4B8A

Job well didgeridone. Mission aclownplished.