• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters
Apr 1, 2020
Quebec, Canada
So I'm trying to make sense of the whole Hitman 1 and 2 import situation.

I own Hitman 1 on ps4 and Hitman 2 on steam. Will I still be able to import the locations to 3? I'm not decided between buying it on PS5 or Epic Store yet...

Haloid1177

Oct 25, 2017

I own Hitman 1 on ps4 and Hitman 2 on steam. Will I still be able to import the locations to 3? I'm not decided between buying it on PS5 or Epic Store yet...

You will not be able to do anything on PS5 without owning Hitman 2, in regards to importing locations. As for PC, it seems that the import locations works fine, but progress carryover will be delayed.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
Yeah, it's one of the highest review scores I've ever given, and it's my favorite since the second game decades ago. Also the music is incredible. No spoilers outside of some location 1 stuff.

atamize

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Fuck, I should have preordered last week when the PS Plus discount on the PS5 Deluxe version was 20%. Now it's only 10% (at least on the Canadian store).

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
Also the music is incredible.

This is interesting as the music always felt like the weakest link in Hitman 1 and 2. It was fine, and over time one or two tracks have become embedded in my head, but it had the misfortune of following up the Jesper Kyd soundtracks which are some of the greatest videogame soundtracks of all time.

I'm curious, do you feel like the music in 3 is significantly different or better than that in 1 and 2? Or did you think more highly of those soundtracks than me to begin with?

EJS

The Fallen - Self Requested Ban
Banned
Oct 31, 2017
There isn't a version of HITMAN III that just has everything in it from the previous games, right?

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Bummer. I'd love to just buy a Definitive Edition for like $100-$120.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
You will not be able to do anything on PS5 without owning Hitman 2, in regards to importing locations. As for PC, it seems that the import locations works fine, but progress carryover will be delayed.
It's the other way around on PC. Progression carryover works at launch, but carrying over locations from Steam is not going to be at launch. Hitman 1 Access Pass is free for the first 10 days for everyone anyway, but if existing Steam H2 owners don't want to pay for the H2 access pass, they need to wait until after launch for IOI and Epics solution.

Majora85

Nov 21, 2017
There isn't a version of HITMAN III that just has everything in it from the previous games, right?

If you buy Hitman 3 that already contains all the trilogy's levels, you will just need to buy 2 access passes, one for each previous game, to unlock the past content. You can buy them through the game menu, so in a way it's much less complicated for people who have never touched the series before. It's not clear how much they're charging for those access passes at the moment though.

LAA

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure whether I should pick this up. I could pick it up on PS5/XSX, but I don't have any of the other Hitmans on those platforms, so feel I'd have to rebuy them.

I do own them all on PC on steam.. but situation seems tricky, not sure whether to wait till it inevitably comes to Steam. I've also yet to beat Hitman 1 or 2, so not sure it makes sense to bother with Hitman 3 day 1, other than being able to play Hitman 1/2 on Hitman 3's engine right?

EJS

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
If you buy Hitman 3 that already contains all the trilogy's levels, you will just need to buy 2 access passes, one for each previous game, to unlock the past content. You can buy them through the game menu, so in a way it's much less complicated for people who have never touched the series before. It's not clear how much they're charging for those access passes at the moment though.
Interesting. I have 1 and 2 on Xbox but I want to get 3 for PS5 since I haven't used my PS5 much. I assume the PS5 disk won't try and install the PS4 version like the digital seems to be doing?

Necron

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 25, 2017
Switzerland
Interesting. I have 1 and 2 on Xbox but I want to get 3 for PS5 since I haven't used my PS5 much. I assume the PS5 disk won't try and install the PS4 version like the digital seems to be doing?
No, I have the physical PS5 version and according to System Storage, it's the PS5 version. You also get a code in the box for the PS4 version as well to access the PSVR functionality.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

For what it's worth they're still sorting out the level access on PC for the Hitman 2 levels. It's expected in the coming weeks but you will be able to receive them for free once done so. Hitman 1 GOTY access pass will be available for free through Hitman 3 for up to 10 days post-release.

Namtox

Nov 3, 2017
This is interesting as the music always felt like the weakest link in Hitman 1 and 2. It was fine, and over time one or two tracks have become embedded in my head, but it had the misfortune of following up the Jesper Kyd soundtracks which are some of the greatest videogame soundtracks of all time.

I'm curious, do you feel like the music in 3 is significantly different or better than that in 1 and 2? Or did you think more highly of those soundtracks than me to begin with?

No I'm with you, If you watch the video you can see a slight example of it. They do a much better job of integrating story into gameplay, and without strict set pieces due to the games sandbox nature, these moments give the music a chance to breathe and have moments.

I don't feel top to bottom it lives up to Jesper Kyd's old stuff, but I do think it does a better job than the previous two games by quite a bit.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017

For your situation individually:

If you buy on EGS at launch, you will get the Hitman 1 Access Pass for Free, and you will eventually get Hitman 2 through the system IOI and Epic are putting together.
If you buy on EGS after 10 days from launch, you will eventually get Hitman 2 through the system IOI and Epic are putting together, but you will have to buy the Hitman 1 Access Pass.
If you buy on PS5, you won't be able to get any of the content from either as you don't own Hitman 2 on the Playstation Platform.

Your best option is to buy at launch on the Epic Store.

Oct 28, 2017
I thought the music in Hitman 2 was a massive improvement. It was really the main level theme used in Paris, Sapienza and Bangkok that I never liked, it's way too upbeat and rarely seemed to fit.

Kalor

Resettlement Advisor
Oct 25, 2017
Strange, I needed to buy the GOTY upgrade for Hitman 1 last night in order to access Patient Zero in Hitman 2.

Hitman 2 was different and they didn't merge the two versions of the first game together. Hitman 3 will handle it differently and treat the non-goty/goty versions the same.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
All DLC from a past game is in that game's one add on pack*. As long as you have those (might need to wait for launch to redeem) you'll have everything. The game is not intended to have lots of add-ons like past entries.

*there's slight variations for H2 for season pass
What variations ? Thanks

ElNino

Nov 6, 2017
Hitman 2 was different and they didn't merge the two versions of the first game together. Hitman 3 will handle it differently and treat the non-goty/goty versions the same.
Ah, so I didn't need to buy the GOTY Upgrade after all if I intended to play them in Hitman 3? Oh well, it was only $7.

benj

Oct 27, 2017
I feel bad being yet another person asking about some importing/transferring edge case, but boy this stuff is hard to sort.

I played Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 on Steam. I have some things unlocked but not nearly all of them. I'm going to buy Hitman 3 on EGS. It's my understanding that I can transfer my profile from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 one time. Does that mean that if I transfer, when the Hitman 1/2 levels become playable from Hitman 3 in a couple weeks, it will have detailed information about my progress for the Hitman 1/2 levels? Will I be able to pick up unlocking stuff from Hitman 1/2 in Hitman 3? Or should I try to unlock everything in Hitman 2 before I dump the profile into Hitman 3?

Also, what does transferring a profile from Hitman 2 -> Hitman 3 even mean before Hitman 2 levels are playable out of Hitman 3? Just access to weapons and items?

Oct 30, 2017
Yeah, it's one of the highest review scores I've ever given, and it's my favorite since the second game decades ago. Also the music is incredible. No spoilers outside of some location 1 stuff.

Glad I got the Deluxe with the soundtracks on PS5. I wish you could move them off the device to my phone or whatever, but eh, that's fine.

Hazz3r

Nov 3, 2017
I feel bad being yet another person asking about some importing/transferring edge case, but boy this stuff is hard to sort.

I played Hitman 1 and Hitman 2 on Steam. I have some things unlocked but not nearly all of them. I'm going to buy Hitman 3 on EGS. It's my understanding that I can transfer my profile from Hitman 2 to Hitman 3 one time. Does that mean that if I transfer, when the Hitman 1/2 levels become playable from Hitman 3 in a couple weeks, it will have detailed information about my progress for the Hitman 1/2 levels? Will I be able to pick up unlocking stuff from Hitman 1/2 in Hitman 3? Or should I try to unlock everything in Hitman 2 before I dump the profile into Hitman 3?

Also, what does transferring a profile from Hitman 2 -> Hitman 3 even mean before Hitman 2 levels are playable out of Hitman 3? Just access to weapons and items?

Hitman 1 and 2 levels are playable from launch if you buy the Access Pass. Hitman 1 Access Pass is free at launch. They just can't be imported from the Steam Hitman 2 purchase at launch. Hitman 3 still understands what Hitman 2 is and your progression in those maps will be visible, even if you can't use the weapons and items or play the maps.

When you import progression into Hitman 3 you can pick up where you left off. But without access to the maps, there's not much you could do. Personally, I am just doing the progression carryover on launch day and never touching Hitman 2 (the game) again.

Gero

Oct 28, 2017
So the PS4 version is 10 euro cheaper on the store in my country. If i buy that version, i can still download the PS5 version for free? Whats the point of the PS5 version then? :D

benj

Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 1 and 2 levels are playable from launch if you buy the Access Pass. Hitman 1 Access Pass is free at launch. They just can't be imported from the Steam Hitman 2 purchase at launch. Hitman 3 still understands what Hitman 2 is and your progression in those maps will be visible, even if you can't use the weapons and items or play the maps.

When you import progression into Hitman 3 you can pick up where you left off. But without access to the maps, there's not much you could do. Personally, I am just doing the progression carryover on launch day and never touching Hitman 2 (the game) again.
Thanks, this is very helpful.

So when Hitman 2 unlocks in Hitman 3 (automatically and for free, in a couple weeks?) I'll be able to progress "in Hitman 2" the same as if I played Hitman 2 stuff now, and will have then access to that unlocked-Hitman-2 stuff in Hitman 3? Like, is there anything that is getting left behind in terms of accessible/unlockable content in the move from Hitman2.exe to Hitman3.exe?

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
One fantastic thing is the levels are tiny, tiny downloads (just keys it seems) in Hitman 3. The base game is 60 gigs on my PS5 preload, and the various levels and deluxe items (costumes, weapons, etc) are just 1-10 meg downloads. I'm pretty sure the base game also includes all the Hitman 1 & 2 levels, probably just will have to download an additional 1 meg pack to key them.

Has anyone heard anything about a website where you save/track progress though? My understanding was that you'd have to login to something to do that, to pick which platform is your "import" choice or whatever. I haven't seen anything about it yet though.

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks, this is very helpful.

So when Hitman 2 unlocks in Hitman 3 (automatically and for free, in a couple weeks?) I'll be able to progress "in Hitman 2" the same as if I played Hitman 2 stuff now, and will have then access to that unlocked-Hitman-2 stuff in Hitman 3? Like, is there anything that is getting left behind in terms of accessible/unlockable content in the move from Hitman2.exe to Hitman3.exe?
Correct, nothing will be lost.

(except one gadget that was completely broken and they decided to remove it)

Shevek

Oct 25, 2017
Cape Town, South Africa
To the folks who've now managed to play the full trilogy, how would you say the trilogy stacks up against Blood Money?

Imo it blew that game out the water with the first one in 2016 but I'd be interested to see what other folks think

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Its the capture. Same shit happened in the previous gens with some comparisons
Ah cool cool, thanks. Was thinking it was odd and hoping some more comparisons would pop up so I could compare. Makes it look off in places, especially in Chongqing with the neon signs.

cabelhigh

Nov 2, 2017
To the folks who've now managed to play the full trilogy, how would you say the trilogy stacks up against Blood Money?

Imo it blew that game out the water with the first one in 2016 but I'd be interested to see what other folks think

I think just by the nature of the controls and systems put in place in the new trilogy, they are almost entirely different games. The scope of the new ones is just on an entirely different level than Blood Money.

As someone who didnt play Blood Money until last year, I think its a hard game to go back to after these...

Red5

Oct 27, 2017

panama chief

Oct 27, 2017
sigh. owning both 1 and 2 on steam im kinda upset about having to get them again on EGS. but i guess ill do it.

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
So the PS4 version is 10 euro cheaper on the store in my country. If i buy that version, i can still download the PS5 version for free? Whats the point of the PS5 version then? :D
No idea, this is so stupid.. same in my country. Its 20 euro cheaper if you buy it on disc. I have no idea why digital is always more expensive..