• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

get2sammyb

Editor at Push Square
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Another absolutely superb game from IO Interactive, I loved it. As a compilation this is one of the best packages ever in my opinion. So much good stuff, and the new levels are great.

On its own, Hitman 3 is a moody conclusion to a generation-defining trilogy, but when taken as a complete compilation, it's the ultimate stealth sandbox. IO Interactive has honed its gameplay formula to perfection, and it's on top form here, designing missions like Dartmoor where you can lose yourself for hours solving a murder mystery that's largely separate to the events of the core game. The process of puzzling out each level, deconstructing it, and then executing the perfect Silent Assassin run is some of the most fun you can have on PS5 right now – don't miss this victory lap from one of gaming's best franchises.

Hitman 3 PS5 Review - 9/10

GreatBriTom

Host/Producer at GameSpot
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Hitman 3 is the closest we will ever get to a Mission Impossible game.

My review:

Last edited:

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
It's not just the levels. Many costumes or others things that were included in my hitman 2. Gone ? Maybe I should keep it installed ?
All DLC from a past game is in that game's one add on pack*. As long as you have those (might need to wait for launch to redeem) you'll have everything. The game is not intended to have lots of add-ons like past entries.

*there's slight variations for H2 for season pass

Nov 21, 2019
Anyone here has an Asian region PSN? SEA in particular I think Hitman 3 is still not available in many of these countries' stores I have no clue why. I already have Hitman 1 and 2 and I'm afraid that if I buy Hitman 3 in another region's store the first 2 won't be compatible.....

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone here has an Asian region PSN? SEA in particular I think Hitman 3 is still not available in many of these countries' stores I have no clue why. I already have Hitman 1 and 2 and I'm afraid that if I buy Hitman 3 in another region's store the first 2 won't be compatible.....
Hitman 3 isnt able to preload/preoder in ASIA regions because of a age rating thingy apparently. It will be available to buy on release tho. So 24ish hours.

unknown.png

www.ioi.dk

HITMAN 3 - Player Guide - IO Interactive

Everything you need to know about HITMAN 3, including how to carryover your locations and progression from HITMAN 2.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Apologies if this has already been discussed but do we know when exactly the progression import site will be live? They said before launch, but there ain't much of that left given they've been silent about it since

mauaus

Oct 25, 2017
Doni have to download hitman 2 ( with h1 content included) to import my progress?
I'm on ps5 btw

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Doni have to download hitman 2 ( with h1 content included) to import my progress?
I'm on ps5 btw
If you already have used an IOI account in Hitman 2, no. If you didn't, yeah, you'll have to download and sign up for one in game to sync your progress to your account. Then you import that progress to Hitman 3 using a website they have yet to put live.

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So because of shitty sony getting vr exclusivity, im going to buy it on ps5. I've looked at the pre launch guide and im still confused. There's too much shit.

My simple question, on Ps5 what do I need to buy to have access to all the levels from Hitman 1 and 2 (including DLC levels) in Hitman 3?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
My simple question, on Ps5 what do I need to buy to have access to all the levels from Hitman 1 and 2 (including DLC levels) in Hitman 3?

Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold both which are currently on sale on PSN. Or the access pack dlc which release tomorrow together with Hitman 3, with price TBA.

GMM

Oct 27, 2017
So because of shitty sony getting vr exclusivity, im going to buy it on ps5. I've looked at the pre launch guide and im still confused. There's too much shit.

Hitman 1 GOTY and Hitman 2 Gold edition should get you all content from what I know.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force

Hitman 1 Access Pass and Hitman 2 Gold Access Pass

Can either be purchased by buying Hitman 1 and 2 games or by just buying the passes when Hitman 3 launches

Deleted member 4353

User-requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IOk thanks. I already have Hitman on Ps4 after getting it for free on PS plus. Is that enough or do i need to still buy the goty version?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
IOk thanks. I already have Hitman on Ps4 after getting it for free on PS plus. Is that enough or do i need to still buy the goty version?

You get the regular Hitman 1 stuff then without the GOTY stuff (Patient Zero campaign, and some suits i think). But still all the world of assassination story levels

Edit: got corrected, you get a free GOTY upgrade on transfer. Didnt know that.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017

More_Badass

Oct 25, 2017
1) Are there reviews or impressions of the PS4 version?

2) Since I already own 1 and 2, I'll be able to have those legacy levels in 3, correct?

Achtung

Oct 25, 2017
I am so beyond terrible at this game but I bought 1 & 2 in preparation and can't wait to play 3.

I was always so afraid of these games... what helped me is watching a ton of youtube walk throughs.. not the crazy 10 second ones but realistic plans and play throughs.. Then when I finally headed in I abused the crap out of the save system.. I eventually started to think the right way to play the game on my own and ended up really really loving them. But even as I type this I am getting stressed thinking about the third game... no other series does this to me but I love it.

anceus

May 26, 2020
Does anybody know how the trophy progression works between PS5 and PS4 (VR) Version?
- 1 unifying list
- 2 seperate lists and if so do they unlock automatically?

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
So I've got my physical PS4 copy. I take it the next gen upgrade won't be available until tomorrow, right?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Any VR impressions yet?

IGN Review also touched upon it.
www.ign.com

Hitman 3 Review - IGN

Rich, rewarding, and highly replayable, Hitman 3 is one of the barcoded butcher's best appearances.
when you get it up and running, Hitman in VR is worth a dabble if you own a PSVR, though really only to experience its general slapstick goofiness first-hand. You have to play with the DualShock 4 because the Move controllers just don't have enough buttons and, while it can generally handle melee attacks, the shooting experience is really quite cumbersome, imprecise, and irritating as a consequence. The end result is a system that winds up marooned halfway between full motion controls and traditional controls – which I found regularly brain-bending and occasionally stomach churning. There's no denying that getting access to all of Hitman and Hitman 2's levels in VR is incredible value – and it's a novelty feeling as if you're truly inside these levels – but it's janky, primitive, and really not the best way to play.

Thorn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On the fence of getting this on EGS or just waiting a year. I know they did a good thing with the previous levels but , I dunno. Just tired of so many launchers.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
I was always so afraid of these games... what helped me is watching a ton of youtube walk throughs.. not the crazy 10 second ones but realistic plans and play throughs.. Then when I finally headed in I abused the crap out of the save system.. I eventually started to think the right way to play the game on my own and ended up really really loving them. But even as I type this I am getting stressed thinking about the third game... no other series does this to me but I love it.

I've also have them on the side for the longest time since it always felt like my stealth playstyle didn't really mesh with these games.
Then I watched Dan play 15 minutes of this game and I realized it doesn't matter - seems like they very much let you play like you want.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Having gone through the whole story of H1&2 this last week on PS5, I really wish they'd implement some sort of Quicksave/Quickload shortcut. Like click & hold the trackpad to save, doubleclick it to load.

xyla

Oct 27, 2017
Germany

NealMcCauley

Oct 27, 2017
Grrr. Game started preloading last night on my PS5, but it actually downloaded the PS4 version first. PS5 version downloading now. It will be ready tomorrow for sure but just seems like a waste of bandwidth/data. Ed: Saw this had been noticed by others a few pages back.

Reviews seems great. Can't wait to start playing.

Hasney

One Winged Slayer
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
That looks really cool! Has there been any comment about VR coming to PC from IOI?
I hope it's not gonna turn into a RE7 situation.

It's possible it's a timed exclusive. It's possible RE7 is as well and Capcom just didn't want to do the work.

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I'd imagine PCVR will come down to sales also, if it does great then they have the incentive for a pc version.

Hopefully it does, IOI killed it with these games and they deserve to do big numbers.
It would also be a nice bullet point for them to launch with the Steam version in a year.

pyxl_8

Oct 27, 2017
Grrr. Game started preloading last night on my PS5, but it actually downloaded the PS4 version first. PS5 version downloading now. It will be ready tomorrow for sure but just seems like a waste of bandwidth/data. Ed: Saw this had been noticed by others a few pages back.

When it finishes preloading, be sure to hit options-> mange game content on the tile in your library to check it installed all the content unlock keys it was supposed to. Missed 3 of them for me

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017

Yeah i hate that on PS5 for crossgen games, and i hope sony fixes that shit soon. Smart Delivery on xbox doesnt have this problem at all i think.

ElFly

Oct 27, 2017
if I buy hitman 3 on ps4, can I get the hitman 1 and 2 levels on it? and transfer them to ps5 eventually?

Harbinger00

Oct 27, 2017
I've also have them on the side for the longest time since it always felt like my stealth playstyle didn't really mesh with these games.
Then I watched Dan play 15 minutes of this game and I realized it doesn't matter - seems like they very much let you play like you want.

the channel Outside Xbox has a whole "three ways to play" playlist for the Hitman games that is a pretty good showcase for that. Typically the videos have one person who does it stealthy, one who sort of takes it as it comes, and one who goes pure chaos. Looking forward to seeing their hitman 3 videos, after I've played all the levels.