• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Juzzomac

Oct 27, 2017
Ok, first time player who wants to play 1/2/3 in 3's Engine.

I have downloaded Hitman 1 and 2 on PS5.

I launched Hitman 1 and downloaded the Legacy Packs to play in Hitman 2.

Am I now ok to uninstall 1 and 2? Or is there more I need to do after downloading the Hitman 1 legacy packs?

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I didn't realize how many outfits can be unlocked via certain escalations/challenges until recently, so I've been mopping those up.

Arkian Tuxedo - Complete Blake's Endeavor challenges in Sgail
Buccaneer - The Bartholomew Hornswoggle escalation on Haven
Cashmerian - Dubious Cohabilation escalation on Mumbai
Blue Flamingo - Spring Breaker Challenges on Miami
Imperial Classic with Gloves - Complete Divine Descendance escalation on Mumbai
Santa 47 - Holiday Hoards on Paris
Snow Festival - Blood in the Snow on Hokkaido
Summer Suave Suit - The Calvino Cacophony escalation on Santa Fortuna
Tactical Wetsuit - Play The Mills Reverie escalation on Hawke's Bay

For items, I'd say the standout ones are things like...

Sieger 300 Ghost - Best sniper in the game, high damage, silenced and 4 levels of scope. Can get if from The Cheveyo Calibration on the night time Marrakesh map.
Sieger 300 Advanced - I think this is mastery 20 on Hokkaido in hitman 2? It plays Ave Maria when you scope.
Krugermeier 2-2 - Bangkok mastery 20, quietest silenced pistol in the game.
El Matador - Delgado Larceny escalation on Santa Fortuna. Loud pistol that is hilariously dumb to use. Pierces bodies, makes bodies go flying back when you shoot them.
Striker - Same as Matador, Dexter Discordance in Hokkaido.
Custom 5mm - Hokkaido mastery 5. Pistol that isn't detected on frisks.
Concealable Knift - Hokkaido mastery 20. Knife that doesn't get detected in frisks.
Sieker 1 - Haven mastery 10. Pistol that shoots emetic poison rounds, suuuuper strong.
Kalmer 1 - Whittleton mission stories unlocks, tranq pistol.
thanks, the sieger ghost was the first thing I got after I realized hitman 1 unlocks dis not carry over into 2.

I think I also got most of the others, I might get the hokkaido gun, though, frisking is not really something that was used a lot in hitman 2 so I never bothered to get it.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
thanks, the sieger ghost was the first thing I got after I realized hitman 1 unlocks dis not carry over into 2.

I think I also got most of the others, I might get the hokkaido gun, though, frisking is not really something that was used a lot in hitman 2 so I never bothered to get it.

Yeah, if people are missing stuff I'd imagine it's more from hitman 1 mastery unlocks since people would have to go back and redo it.

Jacknapes

Oct 26, 2017
Newport, South Wales
Pre loaded Hitman III. Have also installed Hitman 1 and 2 (and all DLC including the Legacy pass) just to cover all bases to get 1 and 2's access passes sorted. Yeah, waste of SSD space I know, but better safe than sorry

Dreathlock

Nov 3, 2017
So what is the best way to get into the series on PS5 when i havent bought anything yet? Buy Hiitman 3 and then the legacy packs? Do they also include the story? Or buy and play all 3 games?

Maxflier

Nov 22, 2017
Louisiana
So my preload has started, but why the fuck is my PS5 downloading the PD4 version of the game?
Why is this bullshit still a thing 2 months after launch? Luckily I caught it early in the download, but this dumb shit wastes precious data from my cap.

Last edited:

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
I've slaughtered 1000's of innocents
giphy.gif

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize how many outfits can be unlocked via certain escalations/challenges until recently, so I've been mopping those up.

Sieger 300 Ghost - Best sniper in the game, high damage, silenced and 4 levels of scope. Can get if from The Cheveyo Calibration on the night time Marrakesh map.
Sieger 300 Advanced - I think this is mastery 20 on Hokkaido in hitman 2? It plays Ave Maria when you scope.
El Matador - Delgado Larceny escalation on Santa Fortuna. Loud pistol that is hilariously dumb to use. Pierces bodies, makes bodies go flying back when you shoot them.
Concealable Knift - Hokkaido mastery 20. Knife that doesn't get detected in frisks.
Sieker 1 - Haven mastery 10. Pistol that shoots emetic poison rounds, suuuuper strong.

OMG, thank you! I've been looking for a guide like this! That Summer Suave suit is better than all my PC-locked Elusive Target suits.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017

Very useful, thank you.

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
How do I ensure I can play H1 and H2 content in H3 immediately? I own H1 GOTY and H2 Gold digitally but haven't downloaded them.

Mullet2000

Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
How do I ensure I can play H1 and H2 content in H3 immediately? I own H1 GOTY and H2 Gold digitally but haven't downloaded them.

Wording from IO isn't great but I think what you need to do is redeem the Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack in Hitman 2 which requires both games being installed.

After doing that you shouldn't need the installs anymore and Hitman 3 should just look at what you own on the PS store.

But I can't confirm that for sure. Based on the wording in IO's FAQ this is my interpretation of what makes sense.

In other words: If you have the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack (Not just Hitman 1 the game - the legacy pack is needed) and Hitman 2 on your account based on their wording that should be all you need but... we'll see Wednesday I guess.

Last edited:

GavinGT

Sep 28, 2020
I'm not sure I like how the progression carries over from earlier games. I played Hitman 1 religiously and I unlocked pretty much all the useful stuff. Then when I started Hitman 2, I didn't have anything driving me to continue. All the unlockables were basically things I already had, just in a different form.

Should I just wipe my progress for Hitman 3?

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure I like how the progression carries over from earlier games. I played Hitman 1 religiously and I unlocked pretty much all the useful stuff. Then when I started Hitman 2, I didn't have anything driving me to continue. All the unlockables were basically things I already had, just in a different form.

Should I just wipe my progress for Hitman 3?
well that depends if we just get the lockpick mk3 now or a whole set of new unlockables

EekumBokum

Oct 25, 2017
You'll need to download them both
Wording from IO isn't great but I think what you need to do is redeem the Hitman GOTY Legacy Pack in Hitman 2 which requires both games being installed.

After doing that you shouldn't need the installs anymore and Hitman 3 should just look at what you own on the PS store.

But I can't confirm that for sure. Based on the wording in IO's FAQ this is my interpretation of what makes sense.

In other words: If you have the Hitman 1 Legacy Pack (Not just Hitman 1 the game - the legacy pack is needed) and Hitman 2 on your account based on their wording that should be all you need but... we'll see Wednesday I guess.

Got it. It is confusing. I'll download everything then just to be safe.

Freezasaurus

Oct 25, 2017
So my Hitman 3 preload started on PS5. But I have two different Hitman 3's downloading? One is 59.569 GB, and there's a queued one that's 59.586 GB.

WHAT IS HAPPENING?!

Edit: Nvm. Figured it out. Apparently it was downloading both the PS4 and PS5 versions automatically. So dumb.

Last edited:

KingKong

Oct 27, 2017
so theres no reviews or anything? Im curious if the PS5 controller rumble is actually well implemented or not

bishoptl

Remember
Oct 26, 2017
Vancouver
Wait - so I have to redownload Hitman 1 and 2 digital versions on my PS5 before downloading Hitman 3?
Then what happens? I can uninstall H1 and H2 to free up space?
This is confusing.

HiLife

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
ughh I wanna play this already. Haven't downloaded 1 or 2 again, I'd rather wait until I'm waist deep into 3 before I think about going through old levels again. I might just keep them queued in the background. I can't wait.

Papercuts

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
Wait - so I have to redownload Hitman 1 and 2 digital versions on my PS5 before downloading Hitman 3?
This is confusing.

The actual transfer is apparently going to be done on their website, but isn't up yet. In theory you shouldn't need to since 3 is supposed to have 1/2 packed in the download already.

I do have them installed still just in case, once I see everything worked I'll delete it and finally free up space. But you shouldn't need it this time.

Oct 25, 2017
Hawke's Bay is now my first max mastery ever, but I'm not sure that counts! The halloween themed escalation is really cool, and feels like the game's equivalent to the Christmas Paris map in H1. Are there any other escalations that really add that many new assets to the maps? Most I've seen are just basically 100% on the default mission staging.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
well ended up getting the game for PC even tho that means I lose Hitman 1 and 2 progression but with the free H1 GOTY upgrade and discount on 2 Access Pass im fine with it. Was gonna play the old levels anyways so fresh start with all the new upgrades.

Deleted member 862

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is confusing.
the Hitman 3 download includes everything from the previous games so you only need that

www.ioi.dk

HITMAN 3 - Player Guide - IO Interactive

Everything you need to know about HITMAN 3, including how to carryover your locations and progression from HITMAN 2.

HITMAN 3 will take up approximately 60-70 GB of storage space on all platforms, with the obvious exceptions of Stadia and Switch. The data that you download will also include all the content required to access HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 – but you are still required to own/purchase access to those games. To underline that; purchasing HITMAN 3 does not grant access to the previous two games by default.

Using this method allows us to reduce the file size for all players to 60-70 GB and has the benefit of making the process of redeeming or purchase access to HITMAN 1 and HITMAN 2 as simple as possible. (We talk about that more later). Also, we want to clarify that reducing the file size doesn't mean that we've made any compromises on the visual/audio quality of the game. If you're curious about the technical aspects that made this possible, we recently talked to PC Gamer about it.

CelticKennedy

▲ Legend ▲
Sep 18, 2019
This is confusing.
Yes. It is pretty confusing. But no you don't need to download both games for unlocks and levels to carry over.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
This is confusing.
It depends, have you previously downloaded the Legacy pack for Hitman 1 levels inside Hitman 2?

Dermee

Dec 16, 2017
I have Hitman 1 and 2 on PC (Older, outdated GTX 1070). I have an Xbox series X and an LG C7, so obviously Hitman 3 will look much better on my series X with all the new visual effects. It looks like currently only the Season 2 expansion pass is on sale on Xbox game store. Has there been any word on if Hitman 1 GotY and Hitman 2 Gold will be discounted with the release of Hitman 3?

I would think they want to discount these to get people to buy the older content for the new engine.

tryagainlater

Oct 25, 2017
Hawke's Bay is now my first max mastery ever, but I'm not sure that counts! The halloween themed escalation is really cool, and feels like the game's equivalent to the Christmas Paris map in H1. Are there any other escalations that really add that many new assets to the maps? Most I've seen are just basically 100% on the default mission staging.
There's none that add that much to the map but there's one on Haven Island (last H2 DLC map) that has some interesting stuff.

I Don't Like

Dec 11, 2017
Pre-ordered and pumped. I realized recently that although I've never been like an outspoken superfan of Hitman, I've played every fucking game lol.

And I always enjoy them.

ZeroX

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Speed Force
which system do I get this on? Series X or PS5?
If you own any of the previous games, then on that same platform to carry over content

Other than that it's probably just preference, I'd assume with how the game performs on last gen/BC you're safe with good performance on either system, and there's no more multiplayer to worry about. PS only if you want VR though.

Liquidsnake

Oct 27, 2017
If you own any of the previous games, then on that same platform to carry over content

Other than that it's probably just preference, I'd assume with how the game performs on last gen/BC you're safe with good performance on either system, and there's no more multiplayer to worry about. PS only if you want VR though.
Cool. Thx. Ive never played a Hitman game before
How do you download the PS5 version

Blitzrules240

Self requested ban
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Midwest
I think Hitman 3 will have Hitman 1 and 2 in it but you just need to download the access keys? I have my save data on my PS4 but haven't put the original two games back on my hard drive...

I might just deal with this on release day. Got H3 full downloaded