• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

DukeBobby

Oct 25, 2017
So if you transfer progress from 1 & 2 over to 3, will achievements/trophies unlock automatically?

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
That is a stunning trailer. Music is beautiful and really strikes the tone for the conclusion to a series. Super excited to jump in and it's a joy how we'll have everything under one roof.

Oct 25, 2017
So the China level seems like it is one of the largest levels, while Carpathia is a small one? I'm kind of surprised that 3 of the locations never got an intro preview trailer.

Going back to H2 really reminded me about how great the support was. The escalations seem like a big improvement over H1's, and I'm reminded about how nice of a level Whittleton Creek is.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I just redownloaded Hitman 2 on steam to make sure I had an IOI account and I did not.

So anyone who wants to carry progress over should do that before starting Hitman 3, as you will lose all progress in Hitman 3 if you carry over your process after you started it.

Arctic Chris

Dec 5, 2017
Ottawa Canada
My PS5 was downloading the PS4 version. WTF Sony - get this fixed!

In playing some of the levels in Hitman 1 and 2 (for the first time), I have come to realize just how big some of these locations are. I am really wishing I had the XSX Quick Resume so I could simply stop where I am and restart later (after those nasty work related Team meeting/interruptions). I may rebuy this game for my XSX if I can some how get my Hitman 1 and 2 progression moved over into the another system. Hopefully the IOI cloud stuff does something more than collect user information for marketing.

Oct 28, 2017
So the China level seems like it is one of the largest levels, while Carpathia is a small one? I'm kind of surprised that 3 of the locations never got an intro preview trailer.

Going back to H2 really reminded me about how great the support was. The escalations seem like a big improvement over H1's, and I'm reminded about how nice of a level Whittleton Creek is.

From what people have said, the Berlin level is absolutely massive, like the largest map ever made.

Deleted member 11637

Oct 27, 2017
From what people have said, the Berlin level is absolutely massive, like the largest map ever made.

Oh shit.

I just did the "McCallister Ransack" escalation on Whittleton Creek. Very challenging, and the time limits forced me to be a lot messier than I normally play. Are there other good "stealing shit" escalations?

RunningMan

Oct 29, 2017
My PS5 was downloading the PS4 version. WTF Sony - get this fixed!

In playing some of the levels in Hitman 1 and 2 (for the first time), I have come to realize just how big some of these locations are. I am really wishing I had the XSX Quick Resume so I could simply stop where I am and restart later (after those nasty work related Team meeting/interruptions). I may rebuy this game for my XSX if I can some how get my Hitman 1 and 2 progression moved over into the another system. Hopefully the IOI cloud stuff does something more than collect user information for marketing.
Lol, just came to say same thing. I caught it when it had downloaded about a gigabyte, paused and deleted. Then went to store and initiated PS5 version. It did the same thing with AC Valhalla for me except I played it for like 3 days before realizing I was playing PS4. If I'm on a PS5, download the PS5 by default damnit.

I'm sure this will get hammered out with updates but it's mildly annoying for sure.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Preloaded the PS5 version. God I cannot wait for this game. I played 25 hours of H2 in the last two weeks because I'm so hyped.

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit.

I just did the "McCallister Ransack" escalation on Whittleton Creek. Very challenging, and the time limits forced me to be a lot messier than I normally play. Are there other good "stealing shit" escalations?

Haha, the McCallister one is the exact one I was thinking of that seemed wildly beyond H1's escalations. I'm also interested in any that involve stealing items rather than having to go for kills.

Siresly

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
With the Hitman 2 EGS mess being sorted, I'm pre-ordering the Deluxe Edition.
It is of questionable value, but I am an economic idiot who like these games a lot, wants the end of this trilogy to go out with some kind of pomp, and give a pat on the back to IOI for making these very fine games and also 007.

haveheart

Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first hitman game on a console, does it have a quicksave function or something similar?

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
So the progress will carryover from 1 to 3? Because I don't remember it did from 1 to 2?

AlternateAir

Oct 27, 2017
I've been trying to find out if there are any exclusive features or levels or whatnot between the console versions (beyond the VR stuff). Can't decide if I should grab this on PS5 or the Series X

buset

Jul 25, 2018
I cant get It to preload correct version, any pointers? I choose The PS5 version under PS5 in game library, It points to and downloads The PS4 version. Same in store; choose The PS5 tab, It points to PS44 version. I am going crazy....

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
How much would it cost to buy 3 and then the map packs for the first two games? I'm assuming it's not $60 each for 1+2 right? The Xbox webstore is not helping me.

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
1) On Series X, do I need H1+2 installed for H3 to recognise I own the games, or is it account based? I'd very much like the space back so I can download H3!
2) I assume progress carryover can't be done from Steam to Series X still?

Turnbl

Oct 27, 2017
How much would it cost to buy 3 and then the map packs for the first two games? I'm assuming it's not $60 each for 1+2 right? The Xbox webstore is not helping me.

It seems that way at the moment. Cost me about 30 for 1 and 2 combined during November sales. So if I were you I'd wait as they'll come on sale again - I'm guessing they'd do something again soon after launch of Hitman 3.

Deleted member 23046

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Damn I've missed the 15 elusive target costume in Hitman 2 😩

Nothing special about it but I would had like to complete the challenge.

Oct 30, 2017
Sorry if this has been asked, but with the ps5 version, will it detect and allow me to download the 1 and 2 levels from within the game?

Irrotational

Prophet of Truth
Oct 25, 2017
This will be my first hitman game on a console, does it have a quicksave function or something similar?
The game has manual saves with slots to use during missions.

The game also autosaves whenever you do anything useful, e.g. get a new disguise or complete an objective, but doesn't autosave once you've already got yourself in trouble...so that you dont get stuck with a bad or impossible save.

I tend to use the manual slots to track the main progress points through a mission, and then rely on autosaves to cover any situations where something goes very wrong, very quickly, and I didn't see it coming.

It's about as forgiving as it can be. On console it doesn't take too.long to save, and you can carry on as you were. Loading takes...like 20 seconds or something (for hitman 2 on am xsx) so it's not too painful to reload a situation 3 or 4 times to try and really nail a manuevre.

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Well it really seems to be some kind of raytracing here.. I will post some screens later but i'm convinced the reflections are raytraced.
Planar reflections essentially renders parts the game a 2nd time : inside the reflection: The previous game uses them on the last gen machines , for mirrors and on glass surfaces (such as the pool area in Hawkes bay) The trailer shows them being used on floors in Dubai and on the external areas of the building too.

joefro

▲ Legend ▲
Jun 5, 2018
Louisiana
It seems that way at the moment. Cost me about 30 for 1 and 2 combined during November sales. So if I were you I'd wait as they'll come on sale again - I'm guessing they'd do something again soon after launch of Hitman 3.
Ah ok, thanks for the info. I meant to get them on sale but I forgot about them. I'll look for a sale in the future for sure.

Shang

Oct 27, 2017
I'm disappointed that they took out the electrocution phone. Setting up electrocution hits could always be hit or miss, since it was sometimes unclear what bodies of water counted, and there weren't always electrical sources nearby. Oh well, at least the remote taser is still in.

So the progress will carryover from 1 to 3? Because I don't remember it did from 1 to 2?
Only if you completed the Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2. If you only have Hitman 1, but not 2, you can't transfer your progress to 3. More details in their pre-launch guide: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Quick question:

I'm currently working my way through hitman 1 in hitman 2. If I import into 3, will my progress carry forward?

it didn't when I imported 1 into 2, and 2 kept saying I needed to do the intro stuff again. Just wondering if I should basically stop playing now and play through all the games from inside 3

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Quick question:

I'm currently working my way through hitman 1 in hitman 2. If I import into 3, will my progress carry forward?

it didn't when I imported 1 into 2, and 2 kept saying I needed to do the intro stuff again. Just wondering if I should basically stop playing now and play through all the games from inside 3
Yeah, anything you can see in 2 moves across

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Quick question:

Yes. Progress made inside Hitman 2 will carry over.

Gradly

Nov 11, 2017
Only if you completed the Hitman 1 content in Hitman 2. If you only have Hitman 1, but not 2, you can't transfer your progress to 3. More details in their pre-launch guide: https://www.ioi.dk/hitman-3-pre-launch-guide/

I have 2 and the legacy pack but I didn't replay those because I already invested time in H1 when it was first released, that's why I'm wondering if I can transfer from H1 to H2 first then to H3 ?

Edit: ok then, with H1 on its own you will not be able to transfer your progress

Musubi

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay... I've watched this launch trailer like 4 times in a row.