• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

What's Your Weapon of Choice?

• Silenced ICA Silverballer

Votes: 349 26.2%
  • Fibre Wire

Votes: 312 23.4%
  • Lethal Syringe

Votes: 84 6.3%
  • Sieger 300 Sniper Rifle

Votes: 45 3.4%
  • ICA Remote Explosive

Votes: 30 2.3%
  • A Banana

Votes: 172 12.9%
  • Thor: The Dark World

Votes: 340 25.5%

• Total voters

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Wait, is there a graphical/gameplay improvement in Hitman 2 if playing it through the Hitman 3 client? If I import by Hitman 2 data into 3 on the Series X will it give me any improvements apart from being able to seamlessly play those Hitman 2 missions from Hitman 3?

Yep, they basically ported Hitman 1 and 2 into Hitman 3, so you get all the new graphical bells and whistles, and also all the QoL improvements to menus, interface, gameplay, etc.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
How do you guys normally play HITMAN? Do you just crawl through the levels first, picking up all the details and then go for the kill(s) or do them immediately, only to go back and complete the various challenges.

I usually do all the Story Missions, with the waypoints disabled (since they can be too handholdy and it's basically autopilot at that point).

Once I've gotten a bit more comfortable with the maps and the behavior of the NPCs, I try my hand at the challenges, which is usually the most fun part.

Persagen

Oct 27, 2017
Trying to preload on PS5, but I've gotten "can't download or copy" errors for every file. Anyone else having this issue?

Carm

Oct 27, 2017
Indiana
Pre-ordered the PS5 version, PS5 was downloading PS4 version... along with Trinity pack and each level in the queue. After deleting the downloads, I started the PS5 version download but there doesn't seem to be individual downloads for the Trinity pack or the levels for the PS5 version.

This better not be another screw up like Immortals Fenyx Rising where some of us still don't have parts of the game in the PS5 version.

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
preordered the PS5 version, PS5 was downloading PS4 version... along with Trinity pack and each level in the queue. After deleting the downloads, I started the PS5 version download but there doesn't seem to be individual downloads for the Trinity pack or the levels for the PS5 version.

This better not be another screw up like Immortals Fenyx Rising where some of us still don't have parts of the game in the PS5 version.
Getting flashbacks to my experience trying to get the PS5 version of Destiny 2.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
How do you tell its downloading the ps5 version? Mines downloading 60gb for the game then the levels individually. Is this supposed to be the case?

CovFan

Oct 25, 2017
Pre-ordered the PS5 version, PS5 was downloading PS4 version... along with Trinity pack and each level in the queue. After deleting the downloads, I started the PS5 version download but there doesn't seem to be individual downloads for the Trinity pack or the levels for the PS5 version.

If you go over the game on the Home Screen and press the Select button and press manage game content it'll show that all the addons have been downloaded as well.

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Does it say PS4 in the title on the main PS5 screen?
Huh....it does. I cant see any option to download the ps5 version though

Edit: ok I went back to the store and added another download. Deleted the ps4 download and it cleared out the individual levels and it now just say hitman at the dash with no level downloads. I assume this is what it should have done?

Mattmo831

Featuring Mattmo831 from the Apple v Epic case
Oct 26, 2020
it auto downloaded the ps4 version. had to cancel then go into my library and manually start the ps5 version download

Dyno

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Press Options in the tile, Game Version (or something like that), and check if you can select the PS5 version.
Oddly the manage version options don't seem to exist here but choosing download at the store again started a fresh one but without the levels and no longer says ps4 at the dash. Deleting the ps4 one removed the level downloads so I assume they're not a thing on the ps5 version

EvilBoris

Prophet of Truth - HDTVtest
Verified
Oct 29, 2017
Wait, is there a graphical/gameplay improvement in Hitman 2 if playing it through the Hitman 3 client? If I import by Hitman 2 data into 3 on the Series X will it give me any improvements apart from being able to seamlessly play those Hitman 2 missions from Hitman 3?

They've updated the engine to now include Screen Space reflections, also they will both be native next-gen versions, so there should be an overall performance improvement I'd expect, perhaps things like increases in crowed density on some of the busier levels.(although it's 4K 60 on Series X already)

I'd also imagine an increase in the resolution of the planar reflections over the last gen machines too, so generally, things will look better. The art and lighting does all the heavy lifting for visuals, so I imagine some may not even spot those differences.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
Hoping someone can help me out on this! Do I have to download the PS4 version on PS5 to access VR version or can I just buy the PS5 version and be good to go?

Rynam

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Hoping someone can help me out on this! Do I have to download the PS4 version on PS5 to access VR version or can I just buy the PS5 version and be good to go?
PSVR is only available on the PS4 version, so yeah you'd need to install that one too for VR. But buying either version lets you download both.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
The new shortcuts are a cool addition. Gives the maps further sense of progression. Hopefully they added some of those to the legacy maps.

I wonder if we can use the new camera in the Hitman 1 and 2 maps?

PS5 games don't have VR support, so only the PS4 version has that option.

As for which version to get, it doesn't matter. You get access to both SKUs either way. Just install both, use the PS4 version for VR and the PS5 version for regular play.

OddRonald

Jul 31, 2020
I've been out of the loop since Hitman Absolution, how do these newer games work with the release of content? I just picked up hitman 1 goty, when this game originally released, how did they roll out each level/content, did they launch the game with just the first level?

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
fucking sick of this PS5 downloading PS4 copies

Glad I caught it and managed to download the PS5 version

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
fucking sick of this PS5 downloading PS4 copies

Glad I caught it and managed to download the PS5 version
What's the process? The last thing I wanna do when I get home is sit around trying to trigger the right download. Destiny 2 was a complete disaster and I really don't want to go through that again.

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Man, I'm dying to see what load times look like on PS5. It's gonna be a whole new world of save scumming, muahaha.

What's the process? The last thing I wanna do when I get home is sit around trying to trigger the right download. Destiny 2 was a complete disaster and I really don't want to go through that again.

In my experience, the easiest way to avoid this issue is to download the games using the "My Library" section on the web store, since it clearly lists each version of the game as a different item.

j3shfoB.png

And you can filter by platform:

gMq3SyC.png

I've been out of the loop since Hitman Absolution, how do these newer games work with the release of content? I just picked up hitman 1 goty, when this game originally released, how did they roll out each level/content, did they launch the game with just the first level?

Hitman 2 and 3 are not episodic anymore. They launch with all the base maps, and then (in the case of Hitman 2) they released a couple of DLC maps month later.

Lashley

<<Tag Here>>
Oct 25, 2017
My preload started the PS4 version, best to go to your library and start it there, you can tell its the PS4 version if on the home screen it says ps4 top right of the graphic

Smokey_Run

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Man, I'm dying to see what load times look like on PS5. It's gonna be a whole new world of save scumming, muahaha.

In my experience, the easiest way to avoid this issue is to download the games using the "My Library" section on the web store, since it clearly lists each version of the game as a different item.
Thank you. It's crazy you have to ask how to download a PS5 game on a PS5.

Bushido

Senior Game Designer
Verified
Feb 6, 2018
Unreasonably hyped for this. Weird thing is despite being a huge fan of stealth games I never managed to get into the Hitman series until two weeks ago. Played a couple of the earlier games, started Hitman 1 once all episodes were out, did the same with Hitman 2 when it went on sale, but dropped them both shortly after the tutorial due to feeling overwhelmed and aimless.
Earlier this month I started another attempt and all of a sudden it clicked for some reason, probably because I started following mission stories, receiving more guidance and insight through them and just letting things play out when something went wrong. The last couple of days I've had to force myself to stay away from these games as I want to experience as much as possible through the full package in Hitman 3. Can't wait to jump (back) in the day after tomorrow.

Melmer

Sep 18, 2020
UK

Hitman 1 was episodic, releasing a map every other month?
Hitman 2 was a complete game, which had 2 DLC maps that came later
Hitman 3 again will be a complete game at launch - no word on DLC maps yet. Maybe not this time as it'll be the completion of the story. (All previous maps including the DLC have been a continuation of the story.)

The episodic nature of Hitman 1 really hurt their sales (as i guess everyone waits for the complete game), but then at some point they tried giving away the first map of hitman 1 (Paris) for free, like a trial where you can then purchase the full game, and it did crazy numbers.

They must be making an absolute killing now as i can't imagine anyone buying hitman 3 without picking up the old levels.

I would if they'll do something similar with the James bond license and 5-10 years from now we'll have a trilogy of bond games all in the same package. Hope so

Noema

Jan 17, 2018
Mexico CIty
Thank you. It's crazy you have to ask how to download a PS5 game on a PS5.

Well, there are legitimate reasons to download the PS4 version, like VR support, for example.

But I agree that it should be easier for the user and that it should always default to the PS5 version. The user should go out of their way to download the PS4 version, not the other way around. If people in enthusiast forums have issues with this, I can only imagine what the situaion is for casual players. Like, I wonder how many people played the PS4 version of Miles Morales or the new Call of Duty without even realizing.

Kyuuji

The Favonius Fox
Nov 8, 2017
Hitman 3 again will be a complete game at launch - no word on DLC maps yet. Maybe not this time as it'll be the completion of the story. All previous maps has also been a continuation of the story.
As you guess, it's been confirmed that there are no new areas coming in Hitman 3 through DLC.

Melmer

Sep 18, 2020
UK
As you guess, it's been confirmed that there are no new areas coming in Hitman 3 through DLC.

Thanks. Didn't know they had confirmed no DLC this time. TBH they really don't need DLC when you have all the content from the old games. I haven't played through patient zero yet

Although, very much hoping that at some point we'll have full access to the achieve of elusive targets, even if its a year from now.

Carpathia

Oct 25, 2017
In the console main menu my game is the PS4 version, but they never gave me the option to download the PS5 version and I don't see any option to change or download the PS5 version.

Sun-Squirrel

Sep 25, 2020
Dundee
Can't wait for launch looking forward to having a new game to play. Does anybody know who the singer is in the launch trailer, thanks.

Oct 25, 2017
My PS5 queued both versions up too, but for whatever reason started the PS5 download first.

Having to manage this kind of shit is really quite annoying.

Toriko

Dec 29, 2017
The new shortcuts are a cool addition. Gives the maps further sense of progression. Hopefully they added some of those to the legacy maps.

I wonder if we can use the new camera in the Hitman 1 and 2 maps?

PS5 games don't have VR support, so only the PS4 version has that option.

As for which version to get, it doesn't matter. You get access to both SKUs either way. Just install both, use the PS4 version for VR and the PS5 version for regular play.

PSVR is only available on the PS4 version, so yeah you'd need to install that one too for VR. But buying either version lets you download both.

Thank you!!!

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
the game is always online, so all you progress is saved to the hitman servers

www.ioi.dk

HITMAN 3 - Player Guide - IO Interactive

Everything you need to know about HITMAN 3, including how to carryover your locations and progression from HITMAN 2.
(in the Progression Carryover section) It will be through the web, but it's not live yet. Everything you did, obtained and achieved in H2.

About it being available on day one:

thanks a lot, is it even possible to have played hitman 2 on steam without an IOI account? I don't remember creating one

and this wasn't possible for hitman 1 -> hitman 2, right? I remember being annoyed that I lost all my unlocks and had to get the best ones again

Patitoloco

Oct 27, 2017
thanks a lot, is it even possible to have played hitman 2 on steam without an IOI account? I don't remember creating one

and this wasn't possible for hitman 1 -> hitman 2, right? I remember being annoyed that I lost all my unlocks and had to get the best ones again
Good question, I have no clue. I know my Steam account is linked to my IOI account, it may be automatic.

And no, it wasn't possible going from H1 to H2, so you lost everything as everyone else, sadly lol

DOBERMAN INC

Oct 27, 2017
I know they're increasing the mastery levels on a couple of maps but I would love it if they actually lowered it on the sniper maps.
Been trying to unlock that sniper from Siberia for what seems like years but I can't bring myself to grind it out.